Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/15 Show Discussion

8/15 Show Discussion

It starts off with clips from Vegas. Everyone parties hard and has a major hangover the day they have to choose songs (they get up at about 5pm)

Toby ran around the pool NAKED by the request of Dilana (because she gave the song - another Gilby duet - she was going to do to him).

Zayra and Ryan argue (not too bad though) a bit over wanting the chance to do an original song. Zayra won and gets to do her own song.

Supernova, after watching the reality show clip, all said they were underwhelmed that more people didn't fight for the chance to do the original song and Gilby gave Toby mad propz for running around naked for a chance to play a song with him.

There is an orchestra tonight to accompany everyone's performances.

Performance time and Zayra is up first. She is singing a song in Spanish called "Lluvia de Mar" (means "rain of the moon"). It is actually really beautiful. ETA: It is EXTREMELY beautiful. I mean, wow. She looks good and sounds good. She sounds much more natural and passionate here and is getting praise from Supernova (however Gilby is wanting to see more rock) but still she did awesome.

Magni is up next with "Starman" by David Bowie. He did okay, not bad, but it didn't really makes me want to air hump anything. Gilby said he missed the chance to get the audience singing along. They note how he's really dressed up (hot white suit).

Patrice is next with "Message in a Bottle" by The Police. Meh, she didn't do bad, but I was bored. Supernova notices a lack of intensity and Gilby would have liked a different arrangement, something more original. She looks pretty down, but Dave says he knows it's in her.
    Fierce is a State of Mind.

Sciuridae; TYO 7974; Once you find the final thread and complete this challenge, go have a drink to celebrate!

Stupid Zayra had her best performance of all the shows (an original) - but it doesn't sound like anything Supernova is interested in playing - still thinks she's a goof. Her voice was much better tonight though, that I will concede. She was also somewhat tastefully clothed - movement in the right direction - a little to late for me though.

Loved Magni!! It was great! He has a really full voice and he was SPOT ON! Gotta love Bowie classics!

Patrice SUCKS - I think she was off key and she looks a bit akward - still don't like her. Sting and the Police are going to sue the show over that rendition - awful. Dave and the band think she sang it well though ? They need their hearing checked - crazy....

Lukas - ewww to me tonight. He has some sort of weird sound to me.....it's like hmmm....James Cagney impersonation or something....it's just weird to me. He's still a poser if you ask me and I know he'll get hammered again for constricting his voice - it's weird. ETA: Jason called him on it

Storm - what the heck is she doing? This is the most whacky performance I have ever seen? I Will Survive....ON ACID?!?! What was that?

Lukas is next with "Hero" by Nickleback. He is sitting in a chair while playing guitar. He contorts his face so much, it's kind of distracting, but he gives a really good performance. I enjoyed it. He gets praise from Dave on his vocals, but Tommy says he hates when people sit down (to perform). Gilby liked it. Jason tells him to be careful not to go back to how he used to constrict his voice.

Storm is up with "I Will Survive" - Gloria Gaynor. She seems to be doing it like the Cake version (I like their rock version of this song). OMG did she just say that "I should have changed f**king lock"? They say that in the Cake version and I think she just said it (and they didn't censor it). She was doing really good up until the final part of the chorus where she started growling and kind of doing a bad Lukas impression with her face. The band looked noticable uncomfortable. She started howling at the end too....wtf? Dave did NOT like it - actually he said "I hated that". Storm starts complaining and said she just tried. Tommy said he thought it was "sauteed in wrong sauce" and he "wants his money back". Gilby didn't like it either and everyone hey, it's the final 7 (or 8) and when they get up there "pretend like they are in the band". I see her absolutely being in the bottom three for that performance.

Toby's hawt self is up next with "Saulsberry Hill" by Peter Gabriel. Gilby Clarke is on guitar and mid way through, Toby starts playing BONGO drums? He does a pretty good job, I suppose. It's not really my style of song, so I'm not sure if I didn't just really dig the song or what. He got a great reaction from the audience and Dave said he has had the "best performance of the night" (so far). Gilby said it was hard song and he did good, everyone else really liked it and Tommy said "welcome" and "nice ass".

Ryan is doing is "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins with a piano player in the background. Violins slowly kick in. He has a very powerful voice I must say. Mid way through it kicks it harder.....sexy. I am really warming up to this guy. I enjoyed it. Dave said it was very dramatic and intense and it was "the best performance of the night" for him (wow, he kicked Toby down pretty quick from that spot). The rest of the group gives him props for always changing it up.

Sciuridae; TYO 7974; Once you find the final thread and complete this challenge, go have a drink to celebrate!

Toby - Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel w/ Gilby Clarke - I love this guy. I love the song.....I think he was awesome on it and he played the drums The band all loved it!

I am really happy for him :D

Ryan sings Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" - this guy is INTENSE! I think I am digging him more and more. I would love to track him down - he could sing to me anytime Great performance - encore worthy FOR SURE. Love it - he reminds me of someone....can't place it - oh well - HE'S AWESOME!!!

Dilana - WOW - Incredible performance! Cats in the Cradle by Harry Chapin - love this song......her voice fit this so well. I think this is hands down the best performance of the night....encore all the way....she has this competition won if you ask me.

Dilana is the final performance tonight with "The Cat's In the Cradle". Okay, Dave now says that she had the "best performance" of the night. :D She got mad, mad props and it was a solid show from her as usual. She is so darn perfect she had this extra "glow" about her tonight, I don't know, something about her face, a sparkle or something, but she looks like she was really extra shiny tonight.

I'm not sure which one I liked the best.....I liked hers, but I also loved Ryan and *gasp* Zayra's when it comes to intensity and passion. Storm definitely tanked tonight, and Patrice wasn't so hot either. I'd rather see Patrice go before anyone else, especially Storm. Not sure who will land in that final-final three spot. *scratches head as she wanders to prediction game*

Oops...better wait and see who the early final three is first....and that is Patrice, Toby & Zayra. *stares blankly....blinks* Wow....Storm fans must be working their fingers pretty hard right now!

Bottom 3 at the start of voting:

Zayra, Patrice, Toby

Storm deserves bottom 3 for that Courtney Love on Acid Rocker/Disco rendition of I Will Survive - it was ridiculous - almost as ridiculous as a Zayra performance!

Ok, Zayra has an ok voice, but her original song sounded to me like a Latin Celine Dion (just my opinion so don't scream at me).
    Patrice was boring, again.
    I like Storm but last night was awful. However, that being said, WHAT THE F*** was "I will survive" doing as a song choice anyway?!

Last night I thought Dilana, Ryan, Lucas and Magni were the best. Toby did ok, but I barely remember it.

I think either Zayra or Patrice (or both) are gone this week.

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

Storm's performance did suck. However she has done enough in the previous weeks to be allowed one slip up (and be bottom 3). I'm not shocked Toby was there. He has sucked for several weeks and it's about time.

Dilana's performance was AMAZING. She will win this!

Guess what! I WAS THERE! The taping was at 9 am this morning. Did anyone notice a girl wearing a pink tank top with a tiger on it standing right near the extension to the stage? That was yours truly! I know, I'm hot.

Anyhow, Patrice thought it was her time to go. I don't blame her. When they announced the bottom 3 NO ONE reacted to it. No boos. No claps. No one really cared. And Z touched my hand and even better, Magni KISSED my hand. I have stories to share. It was awesome!
    Join my ANTM Forum. Its awesome!

NEW TOP MODEL REALM FOR CYCLE SEVEN.Its kinda sexy.

!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!! How awesome! (pssst anyone got a screencap? )

I can't believe they tape that at 9am. That's too early for me to really function, so I can only imagine how it must have been for hardcore, badass rockers. (Well, of course, unless it's 9am and you have been up all night, then that would be okay :D )

UGh, I can't believe Z got the boot.

Woow! AntmFreak, I am SO jealous.

Magni was amazing tonight.

Zayra, as much as I thought she was a loon, redeemed herself 1000 times over with a classy exit speech. BRAVO for her.

I missed Rockstar tonight for the first time ever...So sad I didnt get to savour Z's long awaited demise...
    Trying is the first step towards failure...

I'm gonna go look for a cap of me.

Achievements

I missed it due to the AGT and SYTYCD finale. I'm finishing the download right now. I will look for you Freaky.

I found some of me! (I was behind tall people )

Achievements

That's a sexy back you have there Freaky!

You sound like that Justin Timberlake song Swim! And there might be other shots I didn't see yet.

And a little fun fact: You are required to clap above your head so people can see you are clapping. And you have to clap throughout Brooke's entire speech even though you can't hear what she is saying really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast