Thread: The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll (CW)

The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll (CW)

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The CW has ordered eight episodes of a reality show tentatively titled "The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll."
    ADVERTISEMENT

The series, set to air on the fledgling network next season, will feature a group of young women seeking to become the seventh member of the Pussycat Dolls, the pop combo behind such hit singles as "Don't Cha" and "Stickwitu."

The CW said that certain elements of the series will be broadcast live.

A nationwide search will get under way immediately to find the contenders, who will compete under the guidance of Dolls creator and founder Robin Antin. The winner of the series will join the Dolls, whose lineup includes Ashley Roberts, Melody Thornton, Kimberly Wyatt, Nicole Scherzinger, Carmit Bachar and Jessica Sutta.

"At its core, this show goes beyond just finding a new Pussycat Doll; it's about female empowerment, self-discovery and personal transformation," said Dawn Ostroff, CW's president of entertainment.

The Pussycat Dolls got their start 10 years ago as a burlesque troupe featuring a revolving group of dancers, including such celebrities as
    Carmen Electra, Christina Aguilera and Christina Applegate. Their debut album, "PCD," has sold nearly 5 million copies worldwide since its release last September by A&M Records.

The group also has performed on such shows as Fox's "So You Think You Can Dance" and ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060802/...JlYmhvBHNlYwM-

"Pussycat Dolls: The Search for the Next Doll" will air Tuesdays at 9 starting March 6, temporarily displacing "Veronica Mars."

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

I was wondering when this was going to start. I heard the lead singer was going solo?

Quote Originally Posted by AIW
    "Pussycat Dolls: The Search for the Next Doll" will air Tuesdays at 9 starting March 6, temporarily displacing "Veronica Mars."
    Boo!

I saw a promo today and the girls look pretty fierce. I definitely look forward to watching this one.
    Fierce is a State of Mind.

Sciuridae; TYO 7974; Once you find the final thread and complete this challenge, go have a drink to celebrate!

Am def. gonna be watching.. err downloading.. this.

Why do they need a new pussycat when they already have 6?

antm/beauty

Achievements

I agree 7 is a bit much. Probably just for promotion maybe for their upcomming album.

Quote Originally Posted by funkalicious
    Why do they need a new pussycat when they already have 6?
    I imagine some of the current girls might eventually want to move on (especially Nicole, I can totally see her being a solo artist). I remember in the Maven game there was a conversation about Melody (the cute Latin or African American one) having other goals and/or not planning to be in the group for a super long time.

Sciuridae; TYO 7974; Once you find the final thread and complete this challenge, go have a drink to celebrate!

I see. I totally read Jessica Sutta as Jessica Sluta.

antm/beauty

Jessica is hot okay! I only like her, Kim and Ash. Hate Melody, that screeching monkey.

I love all the dolls!

antm/beauty

Achievements

The one laying down in the jeans is Melissa from MTB 3: Season 2. It looks like a diverse cast.

Hey.....it IS Melissa! She's the best looking one of the bunch. I remember Diddy seemed to be wavering between her and Aundrea for Making The Band 3. I adore Aundrea and because Melissa was all "I'll take her spot if I have to" and seemed a bit overconfident at times, I didn't like her much then. I do like her voice though and the girl can dance. Hmm, maybe I can root for her this time.

That girl in the smack middle looks too much like Nicole (the current lead singer). The one to the right of her looks a lot like Melody.

I hope now that CW has this show they can push more of the commercialness to this and make ANTM more High Fashion.

antm/beauty