Thread: Vincent Libretti

Achievements

Vincent Libretti

Birthday
    : 02-09-1957
    Hometown: Santa Monica, CA
    Education: Parsons School of Design

Vincent Libretti, 49, was born and raised in Brooklyn and Manhattan. Now living in Santa Monica, California, he recently cashed out his 401k to restart the self-named design company that he ran in New York during the 80s.

Libretti received his Associate Degree in Liberal Arts and has taken various courses in Fashion Design at the Fashion Institute of Technology and the Parsons School of Design. His passion is women’s high-end fashion and he is most inspired by the work of Alexander McQueen. Vincent responds to vitality, enjoys truth, love and subtle expression of self. He loves to create in various art forms and feels that his style carries across in all that he does.

When he’s not working on his designs, Vincent is in Santa Monica, staying spiritual, playing guitar, and spending time with his wife and daughter.

Q & A

Question: Astrological Sign?
    Vincent: Aquarius
    Question: How would you describe your personal style?
    Vincent: What fits my mood, classic straight. Driven and motivated.
    Question: When did you first start to design clothes?
    Vincent: When I was 24 years old, I used to insist that my girlfriend wear something. I cut sweatshirts and people offered me money for them.
    Question: Do you have any formal design training?
    Vincent: Yes and on the job – Tracy Mills evening gowns, cocktail dresses. School is bullsh*t for this type of thing.
    Question: If you win, what are you planning to do with the money?
    Vincent: Make more clothes. Get some real backing. Keep growing. Design is a kaleidoscope of things, a happy little dream.
    Question: What are some of your key fashion DO’s and DON’T’s?
    Vincent: DO dress for your mood. DON’T be excessive. DO love more. DON’T always think of yourself.
    Question: Who do you think are the best-dressed celebrities? Worst-dressed? Why?
    Vincent: Celebrities that personify their true inner feelings. But I don’t really follow celebrities. Worst: Paris Hilton – too much excess
    Question: Who do you think were the best fashion icons in past decades?
    Vincent: Grace Kelly. Audrey Hepburn – less skin and more style. Kim Novak. Christian Dior
    Question: What celebrities would you like to dress? Why?
    Vincent: Celebrities with an abundance of raw style and who are real inside. I’m still waiting…
    Question: Where do you find the best items? Mall? Boutique? Thrift store? Sample sale? Where else?
    Vincent: Various boutiques and surf shops
    Question: What's the biggest mistake people make when shopping?
    Vincent: They're in a hurry...

source: www.bravotv.com

I was hoping he would go this last week! I'd much rather have Malan still on the show than Vincent!
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." James Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi
    I was hoping he would go this last week! I'd much rather have Malan still on the show than Vincent!
    Me too. This isn't a spoiler, but I have heard rumors that he will be around longer than you would expect. Which, in all honesty, is now, so again, not much of a spoiler.
    Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

This dude is an idiot. I mean the thing he did to Angela is unforgivable stupidity.

Why is he still there?

Gettin up in this gig i love kahlen's Avatar
    ^ Agreed... he hasn't made one outfit that I've liked... he should have been out a while ago

Achievements

He put an upside-down basket on his model's head, glued on some cheap plastic bangles and called it a hat. Why is he still here?

Gettin up in this gig i love kahlen's Avatar
    Finally! It took them long enough

About time Vincent got "aufed." Why did it take the judges so long to realize he was stuck in the 80's? And if he said something "got him off" one more time I thought I was gonna heave.

He guy was a joke. It was about time he left.

He used GLUE to hem a couture gown. Glue! I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.
    Fierce is a State of Mind.

Sciuridae; TYO 7974; Once you find the final thread and complete this challenge, go have a drink to celebrate!

He's too slow. I mean he can do stuff for the royal families but that's about it.

RTVG Apprentice

Angry Just the worst

This is totally stupid, I just had seen 2 chapters of this season. And on the first one he just made a horrible dress with no shape.

And in the one I saw today he made again a shapeless dress that looks like a school project. And they deleted allison because it was "with no shape" and it had more shape than vincent one ¬¬.

Just the judges supported him because he is old as they are ¬¬