Thread: 7/11 Show Discussion

7/11 Show Discussion

Use this thread to comment on the July 11th show of Last Comic Standing!

----------

Wow, what a night! This is the last show before America gets the chance to vote for the Final 6... well Final 5 as we just found out!

First the comedians did a roast on Gabriel! Everyone was funny, except for Rebecca and Kristen... but in the end the 100% well deserved winner was Chris! There was no immunity however...

Then we had some "Laughable-Drama" when Gabriel was caught using a blackberry and was actually communicating jokes to his loved one! We then had an appearance from the producers and the furture final 6 now became a final 5!

Right now Kristen, Rebecca, and Ty are competing in the head to head show down and only one will return! Who will it be? That's where I am running off to go find out!

It would be a wonderful show if all three of them stayed away. The best four comics are the ones left anyway.
    Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

After an eventful head to head, Kristen re-used jokes, I realized how short Rebecca is, and Ty for the first time did well! And by 69% of the votes (the number means something?), Ty is staying in the game!

Based on THIS head to head, I think Ty was definitly the best choice to stay, based on my overall preferences, favorites, and other jokes, I think Kristen should've stayed, but I think the audience made the right decision!

Well we have the Last Comic Standing's Final 5, and I quite happy with them all! I think each of them deserve to be there, and I think it is the best case scenario based on their comedic abilities! They are Roz, Josh, Chris, Michelle, and Ty!

----------

My Thoughts on the Final 5:

Roz: I always loved her! She has a big voice and is able to make everyone have their attention on her! She deserved to be in the Finals since the very beginning! (25%chance)

Josh: I personally always liked him, but I don't know what America will think of him! I do think he is funny and has proved himself! He deserves to be in the Finals! (24% chance)

Chris: I have liked him more and more each week! I admit I never liked him all too much in the beginning, but once you get used to his harsh style, he is very funny and deserves to be in the finals! (25% chance)

Michelle: She has definitly proven herself! She is very funny and has probably worked the hardest to get to the finals! I like her, but of the demographic who watch the show, I don't know if America will like her... (24% chance)

Ty: I personally think he has no shot in hell at winning... I may be totally off base, America may like him, but I really do not think he will win! To be honest I really never thought he was funny till tonights show... (2% chance)

WOW. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. I guess I would choose Ty over Kristen, since I've never seen much of him, and I've seen entirely too much of Kristen and she's still never made me laugh. I think four of the five are pretty funny, but there's no one that I think is just the greatest undiscovered comic in the world.
    Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

You would think that if Ty was going to make the finale he would have some airtime. This whole season I thought they were playing Kristen up for the finale. I think that a woman will win since they are been playing the subject up all season.

Here's my prediction for the Finale:
    Ty eliminated 1st
    Michele eliminated 2nd (although I think she should make it a place further, I just don't see Josh going and he should, because people pitty him)
    Chris Porter eliminated 3rd- He's funny but he will lose out to the Josh pity vote. He deserves final 2 if not the win.
    Roz runner up- Although I think she should win or final 2 she will lose out to the Josh pity vote. Although I won't be surpised after Dat winning
    over Raphlie that she will win.
    Josh winner- He's funny. But his material gets old. I liked him entering the final 2 but his jokes are boring now. He has the pity vote and I think he will win.

Roz hasn't made me laugh yet. I don't think she earned a spot in the final five. I think she's the only one of the five who didn't earn a spot. Chris, Ty, and Michelle all won head to head matchups. Josh has been hilarious and won a capital one audience selection in the pre-lims. Also, he's been consistently funny even when not performing (which Dat Phan NEVER was!) so I think he's earned his spot.

My ideal would be:

5th: Roz
    4th: Michelle
    3rd: Ty
    2nd: Josh
    Winner: Chris Porter

Of course, all of this could change if somebody has a great set next week. They better bring it! No old material! I want the new stuff!!!!

Josh. is. not. funny. He's quite annoying IMO. I mean, maybe one or two jokes about his disability, but, after that, it gets really old.

Roz is funny, I like her a lot.

Ty is sort of funny, but he won't win.

I find Chris and Michelle not funny at all. Maybe one or two jokes, but their material is not that funny IMO.