Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is worthy of an all-star spot?

Who is worthy of an all-star spot?

in order from most deserving IMO.

1. Jane - from the sheer fact that she won 60% of the fan favourite votes she will be back. Not that she is undeserving either, she had moments in the show that were golden and wasnt useless when it came to strategy.

2. Brenda - yes she is a gamebot, but shes a damn good one at that. Maybe the second time around she will try scrambling.

3. Marty - i found more respect for him after he had been voted out. He played well, but he had some big flaws. If he can perfect them for a second chance he will do well.

4. Holly - best storyarc in years. She was pretty much robbed by an immunity win by Fabio. She would have won if it wasnt for that, from a crazy old hag to strategic motehr figure. She is a great candidate.

5. Chase - from the sheer fact of his wishy-washyness will he be asked back. He says he likes to be loyal but when he has to he will get dirty, but still say that he is wants to be loyal. He went psychotic out there. And plus there is the whole Jeff wants to jizz all over him at night.

6. Alina - She was out marked out before she had a chance to play. It was just that one mistake at the start that screwed her. Well really she was screwed by Chase.

NaOnka, if she didnt quit, she'd be in an allstar season like that. She was tv gold, if only. She'd make an allstar season that much more crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddie View Post

5. Chase - And plus there is the whole Jeff wants to jizz all over him at night.
    What?

I think Alina is an entirely overrated player. She made plenty of mistakes, and she waited til the last minute to try and rearrange her position. Not only that, but she wasn't that interesting, and she didn't make it that far. She wouldn't even be danielle/candice/amber in this situation.

Jane could be brought back, but she's pretty old. It would have to be soon.

Brenda could be brought back. Probst hates her, but all the survivors had mad respect for her, so she must have been pretty good.

I doubt Chase would ever be brought back, same with sash. Neither were really interesting enough to make up for their lack of gameplay. If anything, Fabio would be brought back before them.

I CAN see Holly coming back, but it'd be a bit of a stretch if you ask me.

Again, Marty didn't make it far enough, and his game play was NOT that good. He made ONE alliance that worked for a bit, and everything else he tried basically failed.

And then t round of those that made it kind of far, Dan and Benry will never be brought back unless Survivor 30 is "Survivor: We drew names out of a hat"
    I can blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicious View Post
    What?
    Jeff is inlove with Chase. Mancrush. I guess i should keep comments like that for Sucks~

Brenda and Marty were basically cast for purposes of playing twice, tbh. They were obviously intended as the Nicaraguan Parvati and Russell. Jane is clearly a fan fave, but her age is indeed a factor.

IA with Chaddie about NaOnka--a villain as completely off the wall as her would have been a lock had she not quit. Quitters don't get asked back, plain and simple. Then again, someone who couldn't handle the game probably wouldn't want to play it twice anyway. And I also totally got what you meant about Chase--you could tell how badly Jeff hoped he would win against Fabio Jeff and his alphas... Chase wasn't even an alpha male, he was just southern and buff.

Honestly I don't see Chase as having any redeeming qualities aside from a nice chest.
    I can blink.

Quote Originally Posted by LaChunk View Post
    Honestly I don't see Chase as having any redeeming qualities aside from a nice chest.
    Jeff wants to see alotta Chase from what he says in his blogs onder
    IDKW though, i think Chase is a butterface. Jeff and his bad closeted taste

and Guru, i dont get the whole 'we dont ask quitters back' stuff. Janu was consider for FvF's before it was FvF's. :S and Jenna M. (though i understand why they make her an acception) was asked back for HvV's and definitely will be asked back again. Because i have a feeling they a dying to finish her story arc with going from spoiled little brat to mature superwoman.

But i think there would be an extreme uproar if NaOnka was brought back. I think out of all the quitters, viewers would take her return the worst, because she was so hated.

I can see Holly coming back, definitely. She had the perfect story. Strange psycho-lady who was close to being booted out but then turned it around and made one of, if not the biggest move this season. She also became really motherly towards the end which will probably work in her favour, since CBS love having people like that on the show. I mean, take a look at Cirie.

The people I would love to come back

Yve- Even though she got little amount of confessionals, I think she was a pretty decent player, which is why she was eliminated, too big of a threat.

Brenda- Really great player, I can totally see her coming back like Parv and winning it

Holly- My favorite this season, loved her gameplay <3

Marty- a gamebot that made several mistakes, I would like him to come back and fix his misakes.

Who would probably make it

Holly- completely agree by what most of the people said, amazing story arc and also they need someone to be an older contestant

Jane- Crazy and same like 2nd part of the holly description above

Jud- dumb blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddie View Post

and Guru, i dont get the whole 'we dont ask quitters back' stuff. Janu was consider for FvF's before it was FvF's. :S and Jenna M. (though i understand why they make her an acception) was asked back for HvV's and definitely will be asked back again. Because i have a feeling they a dying to finish her story arc with going from spoiled little brat to mature superwoman.

But i think there would be an extreme uproar if NaOnka was brought back. I think out of all the quitters, viewers would take her return the worst, because she was so hated.
    Yeah, I think it depends on the circumstances of the quit. Like Jenna M left for reasons that I don't think anybody holds against her, and with all of the ~controversy~ surrounding Jeff convincing Janu to drop the game for Steph's sake... I guess it's one thing if the contestant left for personal reasons as opposed to simply not being able to hack it. I think that with NaOnka, IA--people would be infuriated, she dropped out at the end without having any real reason to beyond the fact that she felt like it. I only said "quitters don't get asked back" because that is what Probst said when explaining why JFP wasn't invited for HvV.

I also disagree with LaChunk's assertion that Alina would be a wtf choice... I mean Danielle made second, yeah, but come on--she did nothing that really made her an All-Star besides place in the top two, just as Amber was lucky to end up on All-Stars. I don't think that Alina is an All-Star lock like Brenda or Marty (god forbid anyone prefer Alina to Brenda's overblown ego!), but she was a pretty major narrator during the first half of the season. It's not like she was completely under-edited like Yve. If they really are desperate for a mildly memorable female (and they often are, considering how rarely they'll make females main characters) I don't think it's THAT insane to believe that Alina could make it. I'm not saying it's going to happen, just saying there have been stranger choices for All-Star seasons, IMO.

And just to weigh in on Chase... I actually thought I would LIKE Chase coming into this season--I know I'm in the minority of online fans who liked JT, but I never expected Chase to play like him. I thought he would be an Erik Huffman type of character, you know this kind of cute, earnest nice guy who doesn't really get the game and doesn't have what it takes to go to the end, but he's sweet and people like him and he floats along far enough for you to become kind of attached to him. Instead he ended up as this feckless, paranoid mess.

That being said, as much as I love to bash on Jeff for always latching onto buff southern alphas, everyone has the type of player they are more likely to gravitate towards--I just wish that as the host he'd be less obvious about it

Brenda, Sash, Jane, Holly, Alina & Marty

RPDR AS4
    MANILA LUZON • VALENTINA • TRINITY THE TUCK • LATRICE ROYALE

BRENDA, CHASE, JANE

follow me
    IG: hieurius

Brenda, Alina, Marty, Holly and Yve.
    Survivor Philippines: Abi-Maria | RC | Dawson | Penner | Malcolm | Pete | Denise
    ANTM19: Brittany | Darian | Kiara | Kristin | Victoria
    The Challenge Battle of The Seasons: Ashley | Jemmye | Trishelle | Frank | Melinda | Danny | McKenzie | Robb | Marie | Nany | Jonna | Dustin

Yve didn't go far enough, and wasn't that memorable . I could see Wendy coming back before Yve. I would LOVE the see Wendy back on a second chance or first out all stars .

I think the three that have the most chances to come back are (obviously) Brenda, Merty, and Fabio, with Chase as an alternate or something in case the need to fill the quota.

Brenda, Jane, and Fabio! :D

i would've said Sash, but after the controversy between him and Jane, the producers eould never consider bringing him back liek evur! D:

Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama View Post
    I also disagree with LaChunk's assertion that Alina would be a wtf choice... I mean Danielle made second, yeah, but come on--she did nothing that really made her an All-Star besides place in the top two, just as Amber was lucky to end up on All-Stars. I don't think that Alina is an All-Star lock like Brenda or Marty (god forbid anyone prefer Alina to Brenda's overblown ego!), but she was a pretty major narrator during the first half of the season. It's not like she was completely under-edited like Yve. If they really are desperate for a mildly memorable female (and they often are, considering how rarely they'll make females main characters) I don't think it's THAT insane to believe that Alina could make it. I'm not saying it's going to happen, just saying there have been stranger choices for All-Star seasons, IMO.
    Alina was certainly a main character in the game as far as editing is concerned. The problem is that she wasn't edited as an all-star. The way I see it, she was edited as a failure. She made bad move after bad move and ultimately, I don't see how she can earn an ALL-STAR spot with that.

I wasn't saying she can't be brought back at all, but I don't think she'd ever be brought back as an ALL-STAR. Like Danielle wasn't brought back as an all-star, she was brought back as a villain.
    I can blink.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast