Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Will America's Next Top Model return?

RTVG Apprentice
    lol if the whole reason C25 was delayed was because Tyra just hasn't responded to that email

Also i'm kinda impressed she remembers the girls from the early cycles by name.

^ ANTM was Tyra’s baby in the early cycles. I’m sure she could name everyone from C1 and most from C2-C6. I think she started to lose interest around the CW years.

not that it would happen but i would luv a more documentary style show like cycle 1 tbh...i just feel like this format and the way it worked in its prime aint gonna cut it. the last seasons just lacked in humor, its hard to find attractive appealing people who also are entertaining naturally, they always struck this weird balance where most were neither stunningly good looking nor hilarious. imo antm was at its best when it was either entertaining as hell whether thru dramatic **** (having sex in italy in the hot tub then crying with your boyfriend on the phone) random **** (HOW EXCELLENT, HOW EEEEEXCELLENT) ridiculous people (aka Jade + some random hasbeens) OR when it felt legitimate, like photoshoots that were amazing, destinations that made sense, real prizes and relevant sponsors, when it didnt feel like a circus joke. the recent seasons, from all stars forward, were just so not great, even when i enjoyed them (aka only cycle 19 lol) i had to ignore cringy **** and employ some level of delusion to enjoy lol. they could definitely strike a working formula here, strike a balance between serious and goofy, make it aesthetically pleasing with good shoots n cinematography, make it not the tyra show 24/7, and go for people who are interesting physically and personality, they do better with very unique or novel people it feels (look @ chantelle being famous, look how much the fandom loved allison harvard) and the weird (jade) or delusional (also jade) or self aware (elyse) are always so much more fun to watch and easy to remember. i hated the orchestrated annoying drama on the recent seasons, i hated how it felt so....like cycle 1 was to cycle 21 what a surprisingly good meal from a lowkey local restaurant is to a gross half cooked meal from a pretty plastic failing chain restaurant that no one really likes. idk. not exactly holding out hope for revival #3 to be anything different but maybe if they move to online or something it would be better in general...
    ---------
    SHAMELESS PLUGGING
    http://alltopmodelblog.wordpress.com/

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Corey7776777 View Post
    not that it would happen but i would luv a more documentary style show like cycle 1 tbh...i just feel like this format and the way it worked in its prime aint gonna cut it. the last seasons just lacked in humor, its hard to find attractive appealing people who also are entertaining naturally, they always struck this weird balance where most were neither stunningly good looking nor hilarious. imo antm was at its best when it was either entertaining as hell whether thru dramatic **** (having sex in italy in the hot tub then crying with your boyfriend on the phone) random **** (HOW EXCELLENT, HOW EEEEEXCELLENT) ridiculous people (aka Jade + some random hasbeens) OR when it felt legitimate, like photoshoots that were amazing, destinations that made sense, real prizes and relevant sponsors, when it didnt feel like a circus joke. the recent seasons, from all stars forward, were just so not great, even when i enjoyed them (aka only cycle 19 lol) i had to ignore cringy **** and employ some level of delusion to enjoy lol. they could definitely strike a working formula here, strike a balance between serious and goofy, make it aesthetically pleasing with good shoots n cinematography, make it not the tyra show 24/7, and go for people who are interesting physically and personality, they do better with very unique or novel people it feels (look @ chantelle being famous, look how much the fandom loved allison harvard) and the weird (jade) or delusional (also jade) or self aware (elyse) are always so much more fun to watch and easy to remember. i hated the orchestrated annoying drama on the recent seasons, i hated how it felt so....like cycle 1 was to cycle 21 what a surprisingly good meal from a lowkey local restaurant is to a gross half cooked meal from a pretty plastic failing chain restaurant that no one really likes. idk. not exactly holding out hope for revival #3 to be anything different but maybe if they move to online or something it would be better in general...

Thinking Tyra might be scoping out girls for a new season? She’s shared three photos of an IG model and said she loves finding new undiscovered models.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey7776777 View Post
    So to put this into an equation: The authenticity/drama of Cycle 1 through 10, the legitmate HF shoots/challenges of C15 & C16, the Shine production of AusNTM (- shots of slo-mo and staring out at the Pacific Ocean) and a 0.99% of ANTM reboot in the mix?

I'm game for that.
    Snapping ghosts and ****boys out of my existence like...

This show ANTM is dead right? Like this forum?

Achievements

I'm still holding out a shred of hope. And it isn't completely dead - Mongolia and Germany had semi-decent cycles, plus Austria, Holland, Switzerland, Poland and Greece are coming soon. Maybe Tyra against all odds can squeeze out that All-Stars 2 by the end of the year, but I'm not holding my breath.

AS4: Jasmine/Gia/Monique/Monet

RTVG Idol
    This should be "officially" out of production by now. The English-language Top Model franchise is now on decline in recent years.

Slaying your favs Murkywaterkid's Avatar
    Cycle 25 will most likely happen, however i think it will be put on a hiatus for at least this year.

It is true the Top Model franchise is dying, however what goes around comes around. Public interest is always changing.

Achievements

The state of the Top Model franchise ten years ago:

The state of the Top Model franchise today:

But one ANTM alumni's career is still thriving (thirteen years later):

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567