Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: RPDR 11 General Discussion Thread

Am I the only person who really felt let down overall by this season? It just felt too overproduced and predictable. Placements at times came out of nowhere. They could have easily given Yvie a better track record by giving her the win for the Farm to Runway challenge which she deserved but they were more focused on a storyline win with Plastique. Then came the Brooke and Vanjie lip sync, how can you have a bottom two but no official challenge winner? I know Yvie would have been the winner but she wasn't named it so it doesn't count. They just wanted the couple to lip sync. Scarlet was cut with the intention of making the fans angry and want her back so they can bring her back for All Stars, both of Akeria's wins could have been reasonably given to someone else, Silky was given more passes for her lack of polish than Nina was.
    The whole season just felt clunky as a whole and the narratives they were trying to force feed were too obvious and felt incredibly predictable.

the average viewer numbers of Season 10 is 0.723m;while the average viewer numbers of Season 10 is only 0.566m. A major budget cut is coming
    Last edited by bestsecondsession; 06-06-2019 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bestsecondsession View Post
    the average viewer numbers of Season 10 is 0.723m;while the average viewer numbers of Season 10 is only 0.566m. A major budget cut is coming
    you meant Season 11???

This show is tried and has run its course... the drag fad will end in about 3 years taking the trend of people trooning out with it. I wonder what th next big show gonna be.

Drag Race has a few years left but the back to back between regular seasons and All-Stars is getting into ANTM's cyclical nature which caused the show to be burned out, rebooted, and then off in a limbo of a hiatus. :I I wouldn't say drag is a trend cause at the end of the day, it's still apart of lgbt culture but I do see straight people and mainstream society as a whole pushing it back into the dark corners of gay bars after Drag Race burns out.

Achievements

The drag mania is at it's peak now. I too wish the show wouldn't be so formulatic and fixed, but drag race is good tv...for the most part, and still has a lot of life left in it. This season was actually my favorite regular season since season 6! Not to say there's no room for improvement, but generally we're yet to enter the dark ages

Coming

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

RPDR UK made me realise how much has RPDR US truly overproduced itself. Even though Season 11 was far more interesting than season 9 and season 10 - it was just not really the show I fell in love with. It really really really is apparent how much more carefree UK queens are and how they are ENJOYING their being there instead of immense pressure US girls are under and therefore it kills all the fun. But season 11 truly brought some great mix of personalities that RPDR really needs unlike polished boring rehearsed queens.
    Last edited by Cleopatra2011; 11-01-2019 at 02:56 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567