Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zavarakatranemia's ANTM All Stars 1, Episode 11

Hi Zava, I知 really enjoying this too! Please keep it up - I want to see who wins. I知 surprised Bre is doing so well in this, I知 not a huge fan of hers but it値l be interesting to see.

It痴 so strange ... out of all the girls left, I知 wanting Camille to win! We will see

Thanks guys! I will try to update with a new episode soon

Love this. Will there be a comeback episode. Whybcan I totally imagine all those Jade exchanges being true.

EPISODE 5: The All Star who hates her fans

After Furonda's elimination, we see the girls driving in their limo. Jade says that she wasn't expecting it to see Furonda go home and that this is a wake up call for her. She needs to step it up because now she is representing Cycle 6.
    Back in the house, Lisa talks with Bre about her taking this competition very seriously as she feels like she needs it in order to move to the next plateu of the entertainment industry that she is trying to break into.
    Bre thinks Lisa is still very sensitive no matter how crazy she seems to be but also she appears to be more focused than she ever was on Cycle 5.
    There seems to be a misunderstanding between Elyse and Shannon: Elyse heard from Tiffany that Shannon wants to be the sole model from the original cycle. Elyse finds this ridiculous and wants to confront Shannon.
    As she is explaining the situation and what she heard from 'someone in the house', Shannon starts crying, saying that if she ever said that, it was for comedy relief and that she doesn't have those negative feelings towards anyone. Elyse asks her to calm down and that it is no big deal. She just thought that being a good Christian, Shannon couldn't wish something that vile. That makes Shannon lose it even more and she is now crying her heart out. Toccara steps in and consolidates her. Yaya mentions how Shannon needs to be stronger than this and Toccara says that Elyse did all of this on purpose to break a competitor down and that she doesn't trust her at all.

The next day, the girls meet Jay who explains to them that it is photoshoot day and that they will be posing with some of their fans! However, there's a twist: in each group of fans, there is a hater, who will try their best to make the All Star s/he hates look the worst. The girls don't know that as they're posing with them.

Shannon is up first. She realizes that one of her 'fans' acts weird (the actual hater) but she just thinks she wanted to get some attention.
    Michelle, 28, Shannon's hater (dressed in a punk attire): ''I just hate hypocritical people and most church people are big hypocrites. I was ecstatic when she lost to Adrianne. I hope she goes home because of me!''

Brittany poses and notices a guy trying to cover her by standing in front of her (the hater). She asks him to back up. At the end of the shoot she confesses to the camera that if these are some of her biggest fans, she kind of hates them.
    Georgio, 25, Brittany's hater: ''I just found her obnoxious and loud... no substance. She ain't no All Star to me..''

Elyse is next and she automatically realises that something weird is going on. She doesn't let the hater overshadow her.
    Susanne, 31, Elyse's hater: ''Elyse is diabolical. She stands against Jesus and whoever stands against him, I am against them.''

Tiffany loses it and calls the hater out: ''Whatchu tryin' to do boo? Get out of here!''.
    Rodriguez, 24, Tiffany's hater: ''This bitch is disrespectful. She disrespected Tyra and she now did the same on me. Send her home now!''

Camille acts like the hater doesn't even exist.
    Sofia, 33, Camille's hater: ''She has this aura.. so arrogant and cocky. So wrong..''

Bre keeps staring at her hater disguised as a fan and that didn't help her concentrate on the shoot.
    Nicholas, 21, Bre's hater: ''I think I did what I was supposed to do. I distracted her and now she is probably going home. Bye bye!''

Yaya decides to talk with her hater at the end of the shoot, teaching him how he should respect others.
    Sabba, 20, Yaya's hater: ''Man, she thinks she knows it all. And why is she an All Star again? You cannot compare her with some others I saw here.''

Lisa works with her hater, creating beautiful imagery.
    Alex, 25, Lisa's hater: ''Damn it, she wasn't distracted by me at all. But I still hate her.''

Toccara finds that disguised hater really annoying, but works it in front of the camera.
    Annabella, 23, Toccara's hater: ''No model is this big. She should get down and back to reality. Very loud, too.''

Jade is not annoyed by the hater at all. She is the only one who didn't find anything weird in the shoot.
    Sophocles, 24, Jade's hater: ''This is not America's Next Top Best Clown. Go home, Jade.''

The girls are back and get a visit by Tyra, who lets them know what was really going on. The girls can't believe it. Bre says that if she knew about if before, she'd kick that hater's ass.
    Tyra says that this is an important excericse because, since they are All Stars, they will have millions of fans but also hundreds of haters. So they need to learn how to work with both love and hatred and create something good for their image.

When Tyra leaves, Tiffany feels defeated. She says that all those gimicks make her question her point of being here. Toccara stands by her side, trying to talk with her but at this point Tiffany is lost. She goes to her room and spends time by herself.
    Meanwhile, Miss Elyse decides to talk to Brittany and Lisa about them making loud noises almost all day long. Elyse says that she brought her books here and needs some quiet so that she can relax after all this craziness is going on around her. Brittany and Lisa say that they'll try to tone it down but they actually find Elyse boring, annoying and pretentious.
    When Elyse goes to shower at night before elimination, Lisa and Brittany decide to throw a little joke on her: they take all of Elyse's books and put them in the fridge, labelled as ''expired''.
    Elyse is done with her shower and goes to get a soda from the fridge when she sees this atrocity. She can't believe this mess and actually starts crying: Whoever did this, is a really messed up person.

She then walks away. Yaya goes to Lisa and Brittany telling them that she is suspicious of them two and that if it was them, they need to apologize to Elyse before it is too late. Lisa and Brittany seem confused as they didn't think this would make Elyse cry. They still don't apologize though.

At judging:
    • Shannon did well. She looks modelesque and not bothered by the hater.
    • Elyse looks kind of stiff, but still good.
    • Camille looks powerful and she actually stands out from these guys, like a true superstar.
    • Yaya's photo received mixed comments: Janice hates it while Tyra loves it.
    • Toccara looks really uncomfortable. Toccara is surprised because she was getting good comments while being photographed. Tyra says that that doesn't matter and that she is judged based on the final outcome.
    • Brittany's photo is average. Tyra thinks she is not standing out in this bunch of All Stars and needs to step it up.
    • Tiffany's photo is weak. Tyra is more concerned with Tiffany's defeatist attitude. Tiffany doesn't even smile and says that this might be enough for her. She starts crying. Tyra and Janice tell her that it is up to her and that if she can't take the stress of it all for this second time, she is free to leave.
    • Bre's photo is probably the worst. She looks angry and aggressive. Nigel tells her that what brought her back is her kind of naivete and spirit and that if she loses that, her fans will turn into haters real quick.
    • Lisa's photo looks amazing. Tyra compares this with the C5 Week 2 outdoors couture photo that she produced, saying it is that much of a high calibre photo. Lisa is happy.
    • Jade looks gorgeous but not involved. It seems like she is posing on her own and that they photoshopped her in a group photo. She didn't care about them and she is not connecting with any of them in the photo. Jade then cries with no tears a la Cycle 6 panel. None of the judges is buying that and some of the girls even roll their eyes in the back.

Backstage at panel, Yaya confronts Lisa and Brittany in front of everyone. Lisa thinks it is tacky for Yaya to come for her now that she is getting great feedback and that if she wanted to say something, she was and still is, free to do so. Elyse remains silent.

*Deliberation*
    Call out order:

*zoom in Yaya who looks annoyed but doesn't say anything*

So.. Brittany. There's no doubt that you're a strong model. And you are an All Star. But don't get lost in this sea of personality and talent.
    Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model All Star.

Bre and Tiffany please step forward.
    Tiff: Tyra, before you say who goes home, I just wanted to tell you that I am here, I amma fight and Imma win it. My heart and mind are now back in it and there is no way I am stepping back.
    Tyra: Bre. You are absolutely beautiful. And you have this All Star personality. We saw passion and fire in you and we see those things again this time. But you don't want to turn passion into negative passion, aka hatred.
    Tiffany. I saw myself in you. So many people saw themselves in you. You came back, did well and are now..standing in the middle. Debating. What is great is that your heart is now back in it.

but unfortunately is a little too late. *pulls Bre's photo*.
    Congratulations Bre. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model All Star. We will be watching you, closely.

Thank you, Tiffany.

T: Tyra brought me back and she saw something in me. Too bad I couldn't see it, too *crying*. I might not have recovered from some personal stuff and I am not sure if I should have came back. But it is what it is, and I will take the good memories out of it.

GOOD OLD DAYS

Longest running fan ntm

A-MA-ZING

Do you think you can remove the eliminated girls and start doing it from now on after each elimination? That'd be glorious

GOOD OLD DAYS

Longest running fan ntm

you're the best! thanks a lot!

I really enjoyed this! We’re down to the top 9! Luksas, could you please do a traditional fadeout (5 in the back, 4 in the middle, 4 in the front) with their makeover shots as opposed to the all star fadeout? But great job with it, I just prefer the traditional one? You don’t have to if you don’t want to

Time goes by fast​.
    Look at the flowers​ go.

EPISODE 6: The All Star who starts a war

The girls return to the mansion and Yaya is clearly upset. She tells Toccara that she finds both Brittany's and Lisa's actions disrespectful. Bre steps in, agreeing that they acted like fools but she reminds Yaya that Elyse is not a nice person either. Yaya doesn't seem to care and announces that from now on she is gonna give Brittany and Lisa the silent treatment.
    Jade returns to her room and realises that all of her roommates have been eliminated. Shannon asks her if it is okay for her to move in with her because, being roommates with Brittany and Lisa can be exhausting. Jade rejects Shannon's idea and tells her that she needs to have all that space by herself so that she can meditate and calm before photoshoots etc.

The next morning, Brittany says goodmorning to Yaya who is having breakfast. Yaya doesn't respond. Brittany gets furious, asking Shannon (who happens to be there) what is that about. Yaya remains silent and then walks away. Brittany goes to Lisa and tells her what happened. Lisa goes to Yaya only to find out that she is ignoring her, too. That's it - Lisa and Brittany go bananas and start shouting at Yaya until Yaya finally speaks: she says that from now, it is war between her and those two. Lisa says that that's fine and they then have a confessional talking **** about Yaya.

In the photoshoot, the girls are posing as famous fashionistas in a beautiful castle. They then find out that this is gonna be a campaign for a major fashion retailer. The winner is gonna have her photo appear in their monthly magazine.
    At the shoot, Brittany is trying to intimidate Yaya while being photographed by giving her a stern look and making small comments. Yaya pretends like she remains focused but her frustration is shown in both her face and the pictures.

Back at the house, Elyse explains to Bre what went on and decides to speak with Lisa and Brittany. She basically tears both of them apart, calling them alcoholic uneducated losers. Brittany tells Elyse that they both find her boring and that they give zero crap about her. Elyse responds by expressing her wish for a double elimination so that they cut them both.

At panel:
    • Shannon delivered a beautiful photo. Nigel says it looks like a classy woman and not a girl anymore. And that was what the client wanted.
    • Elyse's photo is out of concept, yet still intriguing due to her captivating look.
    • Camille delivers an average image, too commercial for the liking of the client and the judges.
    • Yaya looks kind of too intense in her photo. Yaya explains that she had to deal with some 'background noise' during her shoot, Tyra asks her to elaborate but she doesn't agree to do so.
    • Toccara looks hot, but not high fashion enough.
    • Brittany did a decent job and she does look like a socialite.
    • Bre's photo is strong. Tyra says this is her best photo in this cycle so far.
    • Lisa looks too mature in the photo and the client was not happy with her performance at all.
    • Jade delivered a strong, poised and elegant photo. Janice says she is rocking it.

*Deliberation*
    Call out order:

Shannon wins the fashion spread.

Lisa and Yaya please step forward.
    Lisa, you stand in front of me because you have disappointed the client. The judges are not sure if your look is bookable enough and if it can be applied to a huge, international market.
    Yaya, you are in front of me for different reasons. You let external factors dictate your fate in this competition. And that 'background noise' that you mentioned could be the reason you are eliminated tonight.

So who stays in this competition?

Lisa.
    You get to stay because the judges believe you have a certain star quality which still remains underdeveloped. So you need to work on not appearing so rough around the edges and taking smart decisions every single time.
    Congratulations. You are still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model All Star.

Thank you. Yaya.

Y: Removing myself from this toxic environment is exactly what I needed right now. In a way, I am happy I don't get to live in this madhouse anymore. My downfall was that I cared too much about the image that we are all communicating to the audience, as a group of All Stars but apparently I was the only one. Everyone else only cared about themselves. This will definitely be a life lesson for some of us.

GOOD OLD DAYS

Longest running fan ntm

I’m SO loving these. My issue with Lisa is that while her portfolio was strong in cycle 5, her performance in cycle 17 was very mediocre in cycle 17. As much as I like Yaya, her whining this time around got her the boot.

Time goes by fast​.
    Look at the flowers​ go.

Indeed a great reading!! But I wanna see Lisa get the boot soon lol she have been in the btm2 like 3 times by now

EPISODE 7: The All Star who lives on a different planet

With Yaya being sent home, Toccara feels emotional right after panel. Shannon consolidates her and reminds her that there only can be one.
    Brittany and Lisa celebrate by doing a dance routine. Bre finds that disrespectful but decides not to waste any energy on Lisa because she knows it is a 'lost cause'.
    Jade is sitting in the living room with Elyse and Camille and talks about her and about what she had to overcome in order to become a model. Jade argues that she is been through hundreds of castings and they all appreciate her unique, biracial look. She feels like the only reason she is not a household name yet is because there have been several incidents where competitors were throwing her under the bus. But it is all 'cool' with her and she understands that since she is so strong and powerful, people are gonna try to weaken her. Elyse seems to be entertained by Jade's monologue while Camille rolls her eyes.
    The next day, Jade decides to start wearing a long weave. She says that her fans want to see her with long hair and that she needs to give it to them. Bre finds that ridiculous and hopes that someone will teach her a lesson soon, because she is living 'on her own planet'.

At the shoot, Jay tells the girls that they're gonna be photographed by Uzbekititi Maninalahua, an amazing Indian photographer who used to model back in the day. They will be posing as avant-garde pieces of art, representing different art periods.
    After explaining the shoot, Jay straight up asks Jade what's up with the weave. She explains to him that the fans have expressed their will to see her with a long diva-ish weave, working it out in front of the camera. Jay reminds her that Tyra really wanted her hair chopped off (again) because that is sticking to her brand. Jade disagrees. Jay tells Jade that if she wants to keep the weave during the shoot, he will have to ask her to leave. Jade removes the weave but feels like this is yet another hardship that she needs to overcome in order to become the true supermodel sensation that she knows she can be.

Shannon represents Renaissance. She looks gorgeous with that dress and she totally nails the posing. Elyse thinks Shannon is here to win this time around.
    Elyse is representing Surrealism. Her outfit is cooky and fun and she is embracing it to the max. Uzbekititi loves her as a model.
    Camille represents Rococo. Her styling is extravagant and she feels like she needs to turn her inner diva ON. And so she does. Jay thinks she is overposing but overall she is doing a nice job.
    Toccara represents Ancient Egyptian Art. Jay was hoping that Toccara would embrace her curves, but at the end he feels like Uzbekititi saved the shoot and not her.
    Brittany represents Contemporary Art. Posing in a claustophobic box, Brittany becomes part of an art installation, wowing both Jay and Uzbekititi. Lisa starts feeling competitive even though that is her friend.
    Bre represents Romanticism. She has to express intense emotion in a beautiful and serene background. She nails it. Jay is super impressed with her.
    Lisa represents Roman Art. She looks gorgeous in that outfit and totally turns it on, trying to give Brittany a run for her money.
    Lastly, Jade is asked to represent Greek Art. She is posing as an ancient statue, a koree. Uzbekititi loves how relaxed and disciplined she acts, not even slightly moving while being photographed.

After the shoot, the girls are all confused as to who will go home because they all did such a great job, producing one of the best ANTM shoots of all time.

At panel, everyone receives good critiques (more or less):
    • Shannon's photo is called 'iconic'
    • Elyse's photo is 'totally her'
    • Camille's photo looks beautiful but not as strong as some of the others
    • Toccara's photo is nice, but her film was not that strong
    • Brittany delivers a great image
    • Bre's photo is full of raw emotion and the judges adore it
    • Lisa's photo is also super strong and the judges are glad that 'she's back'
    • Jade's photo looks unreal and strong, but lacks emotion

*Deliberation*
    Call out order:

Camille and Toccara please step forward.

Camille, you stand in front of me strong and proud. But that is now translating as cocky and arrogant, EVEN in front of the camera.
    Toccara it looks like you are fading away and that is not the Toccara that we now, nor is it the Toccara the fans know and love.

We feel like one of you deserves one more, last chance.

Camille. This IS your very last chance to prove that you are an All Star.
    Start listening to critique and don't act like you know it all.
    Congratulations. You are still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model All Star.

Thank you, Toccara.

T: I loved every moment of this, I just wasn't having as much fun as I was having the first time around. Maybe I am not as competitive and catty as some people are willing to be in order to win this. But I am grateful of the opportunity I was given and I am gonna take it home and use what I've learned here, applying it to both my personal and professional life.

Since we're half-way through, I decided to run some statistics so far. I will be updating after each episode from now on.

COO average
    1 Shannon (16p)
    2 Elyse (34p)
    3 Brittany (35p)
    4 Camille (39p)
    5 Bre (41p)
    6 Jade (42p)
    7 Lisa (45p)

FCO's
    1 Shannon (2)
    2 Lisa (2)
    3 Bre (1)