Thread: Ryan Star

Achievements

Ryan Star

Ryan Star is a charmer. A winking, rocking, All-American flirt who'll make hearts melt worlds over. But he's also one hell of a rock musician, with a wonderful ear, a rich voice and a good sense of himself within the crazy world of rock and roll.

Citing classic rock as an early influence, the 28 year old Long Island, New York native learned guitar by dusting off his brother's unused guitar and learning songs by ear. From then on he started the band Stage with high school buddies, a rocking group of youths who played the legendary CBGB's and Mercury Lounge with parents in tow (they were underage).

But as a grown-up college student, Ryan continued with Stage, eventually signing with Madonna's Maverick Records. This brought him to Los Angeles, and to clubs all over the U.S., touring the country more than once.

But when the group began recording their second album, Ryan decided to move in a different direction, to "take the leap and follow my heart." We're ready, and we can't wait to see what's next.

source: http://rockstar.msn.com

Pft! I thought it would be AI Ryan Starr.

Achievements

I would die laughing if AI Ryan Starr got stuck in a band with Tommy Lee

I thought the same thing too!

In that second pic, he kind of reminds me of Adam Sandler.
    Fierce is a State of Mind.

Sciuridae; TYO 7974; Once you find the final thread and complete this challenge, go have a drink to celebrate!

I thought this guy sucked. I can't imagine singing Goo Goo Dolls and keeping it the exact same when you are trying out for a hard rock band.
    Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I have to admit, he has been winning me over lately. I loved his Depeche Mode performance -- it was absolutely fantastic.

Sciuridae; TYO 7974; Once you find the final thread and complete this challenge, go have a drink to celebrate!

I don't like him at all. He doesn't score points for performance or vocals with me. He's weak.

I seriously hated this guy up to his "Losing My Religion" performance. Since then, he has completely blown me away. I was really sad to see him go tonight. I think SN made a mistake.
    Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I am with you Ling - I didn't really notice him until that performance and since then I have loved everything he's done....I was really upset to see him go tonight - especially since I truly think that it was Storm's time to go! She's not getting the job and I suspect that SN is just keeping her around, so they don't get blasted for only leaving 1 girl in the running.

Oh and Ryan's performance tonight vs. Dilana -> that's a HUGE joke - so really, one of the girls should have gone, not him

I have liked him more lately as well, and it seems like he's a good guy, but I thought his performance tonight was a disaster. So was Dilana's but we knew she wasnt going home. I'm not shocked to see him go at all, he has some talent, but he definately want right for our made up band, Supernova.
    Trying is the first step towards failure...

He was one of my faves! He was a great artist, had a great voice, and deserves to win something. He was soo good.

Ryan should have went on American Idol, as he would have rocked their world. I wanted him to win it, though I could see he may have been a bit out of place from the band, but he rocks!

Ryan was really solid and really went all out to give a performance... but the vocals last night were truly bad. I couldn't see him making it to the end anyway, so *shrugs*

I doubt that Ryan would have won, but he definitely deserved another week at least. I thought for sure out of the 3, Storm would be leaving but she did a killer performance of Helter Skelter and saved her behind. Frankly, based on last night's performances, Dilana should have been gone. What the f***?! That "Psycho Killer" thing was horrible. I had to turn the tv channel until she was done. Anyone else feel like she's having either a major meltdown or else thinks she can do no wrong so why worry about song choice? I mean, wasn't song choice a big issue in the first couple episodes? When did that change?

Ryan was irritating to me. I felt like he was a bit of a phony. Also, his performances were so manic that they really felt forced. When I watch Storm move around, or Toby bring girls on stage, or Lukas prance and stagger, it feels like it's just them totally in their element on the stage. With Ryan it felt more like he was trying to do crazy things to impress everyone. Supernova said they were hoping somebody'd break something so he threw his guitar! Tommy mentions that he felt the reason somebody had improved was because he, "Got laid", so naturally when asked where one of his well received performances came from he said, "I got laid." It was all so forced. Even his actual singing was forced. I am glad he's gone. I also didn't like his parting words. I feel he should've taken the time to praise the remaining rockers. Instead, he just praised himself. Blech.

That "Psycho Killer" thing was horrible.
    I don't think she (Dilana) did well on it either... but still was better than the shouting by Ryan. All the same, that song choice was another mistake. Hopefully, she'll stop making the mistakes and get back to just doing well. One bad song doesn't warrant a trip home, I hope... otherwise, she'd probably be the only one left.

I think, based on what she's done so far, SN didn't even want to see her in the bottom three... but the bad performance of "Psycho Killer" will remain in their minds for the future I'm sure. Magni or Lukas now have a better chance of winning this thing.

The song-writing clinic may prove to be interesting. Dilana did horrible the first time round... so Magni and Lukas may once more get an edge over her...

ETA: oh, and Dennis, I agree with you. Just because someone really goes all out on a performance, doesn't make it good. Though he did have the crowd with him. But it did feel forced, especially crawling up on the speakers thing...

Ryan could put on a great show and these past few weeks I really loved all of his performances but I agree that last night's performance was just too forced. From the minute he did the champagne gimmick at the beginning I knew this was going to be over the top in a not-so-good way. I was actually kind of uncomfortable watching him (especially when he got up onto the speakers). His goodbye speech was a big turnoff as well. :\

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    I was actually kind of uncomfortable watching him (especially when he got up onto the speakers). :\
    My wife is sort of well known for not being able to watch anything thats too embarrassing; she gets too uncomfortable. She has an extremely difficult time watching Fawlty Towers for example (those of you who know the show know its built around Mr. Fawlty continually embarrassing himself). Anyway, she had to stop watching when Ryan started climbing the speakers. He really was going all out, but it was way too much and way too forced.
    Trying is the first step towards failure...

I need to get my hands on his album

Very talented. He needs more credit for his stuff.