Audition City: Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
Place of Birth: Montr?al, QC
Nickname: "Nan," "Nance-Pants" or "Nancy Drew"
Musical Style: "My own."
Identifies With: Stephen Sondheim
Canadian Idol: Alanis Morissette
Favourite Song: Vision of Love
Motto: "I can't get nervous 'cause it gets in the way of me kicking ass."

"The competition is fierce this year and the talent is unbelievable. If I want to become the next Canadian Idol, I'm definitely going to have to raise the stakes and get on top of my game. No fear!"

Nancy credits her energy for achieving a position in the Top 22 of Canadian Idol. She believes that in stressful times the only way to survive is to stay positive and have fun. "I bring a lot of zest for life and energy to the table," she says. "That's probably why the judges have let me stay in the competition to this point."

A student in Sheridan College's Musical Theatre program, Nancy says she would love to meet Stephen Sondheim. "He is instrumental in changing the face of popular musical theatre and making a-tonal music mainstream," she says. "I would love to pick his brain on how he writes his lyrics."

Nancy wants the Canadian Idol audience to know that she is raw, honest and 100 per cent "Nancy to the core." She says that she is just an ordinary "chick" with something to say. "I play music and sing because it's my way of getting my message out to the masses."

Nancy is most proud of her ability to follow her dreams and compose her first full-length song last year. "Two years ago, at the age of 17, I finally learned how to play the piano. Since then, I've been able to apply this new skill to writing my own songs," she says.

Mrs. Doubtfire, Fight Club and Harold and Maude are Nancy's favourite movies. She also enjoys watching Friends and says, "It's the only show that when I watch it alone I actually laugh out loud."

Nancy originally had her heart set on becoming a veterinarian but her allergies allowed her to shift gears towards performing.

source: www.ctv.ca