Thread: Do we really have only AsNTM as the sole english-speaking NTM?

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

Do we really have only AsNTM as the sole english-speaking NTM?

I have been thinking and with BNTM/ANTM canceled sort of, the only English-speaking NTM we have right now and the one that attracts lots of new users is ONLY Asia's Next Top Model.

WOW

sad.

That's why the forum has been kinda dead lately.
    TOP MODEL SHOWS OF 2018:

NTM 2018 Julia|
    Chamia | Ioanna S.
    All Stars 4 Manila Luzon | Latrice Royale | Jasmine Masters

Achievements

I just started re-visting all those NTMs threads. And this is just depressing. Korea, Denmark, New Zealand </3

Even Sweden, Austria and etc.

Yes

PNTM has English subs tho, so that's something.

KNTM ROYALTY

No news abt AusNTM?

Let's face it: This show's era is over. It was not only killed by getting co-ed (even though I think it had a big part in it). Even countries like AusNTM got producers that didn't know what to do with it anymore. With the rise of IG modeling has become so mainstream and bland and that shows on international NTMs. Things that would've been labelled as "hight fashion" / "edgy" etc. ten years ago as opposed to the trashyness of reality TV have nowadays replaced them. The kids of these days are too cool for going gaga over booking a ticket for a trip to overseas and knowing your favourite designer is something the generation hipster is much more used to than when they already got applauded for knowing who Freja Beha Erichsen was (and being able to pronounce her name). There are different formats for each generation, NTM was ours but its not these days anymore.

It's weird because while there are cancellations, we also have revivals such as Switzerland and Greece, which both seem to be locked to being renewed (the former being confirmed? and the latter being hot on Greek media).

I wouldn't be surprised to see AusNTM and BNTM back in a while. I don't think the franchise as a whole is dying, like AsNTM is still a hot commodity. It just doesn't work in America anymore (at least for now) and that may be due to oversaturation of cycles.

GrNTM 3: Evelina| Evi | Noune | Xanthi | Mikaela | Irini S.
    RPDR AS4: Villaintina | Gia | Trinity | Monique
    UkNTM 5: Dima S | Julia | Katya

Quote Originally Posted by rehthea View Post
    It's weird because while there are cancellations, we also have revivals such as Switzerland and Greece, which both seem to be locked to being renewed (the former being confirmed? and the latter being hot on Greek media).

I wouldn't be surprised to see AusNTM and BNTM back in a while. I don't think the franchise as a whole is dying, like AsNTM is still a hot commodity. It just doesn't work in America anymore (at least for now) and that may be due to oversaturation of cycles.
    ^sure there will always (or at least for a very long time) be some NTM shows around the Globe (even The Face still exists). I think its similiar to Big Brother: At some point it was in nearly every country or region in the world running annually and now they still exist on the markets where they are really popular. It's just that the peak may be over but there is always the potential for revivals.
    The reason why I think RTVG is less busy now is because forums are a thing from the 00s too. People are more active on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    ^sure there will always (or at least for a very long time) be some NTM shows around the Globe (even The Face still exists). I think its similiar to Big Brother: At some point it was in nearly every country or region in the world running annually and now they still exist on the markets where they are really popular. It's just that the peak may be over but there is always the potential for revivals.
    The reason why I think RTVG is less busy now is because forums are a thing from the 00s too. People are more active on social media.
    I agree and disagree with the last statement. While social media is where it's at right now, forums are still a thing and are active when there's something to talk about. Unfortunately right now, we don't have lots to talk about. Like the AHS reddit for example was bustling with life when Apocalypse was airing, but now it's a shitpost wasteland. I just think most of the activity in the forum coincides with the amount of english-speaking NTMs airing and right now we have none so life is kinda dull lately.

GrNTM 3: Evelina| Evi | Noune | Xanthi | Mikaela | Irini S.
    RPDR AS4: Villaintina | Gia | Trinity | Monique
    UkNTM 5: Dima S | Julia | Katya

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    Let's face it: This show's era is over. It was not only killed by getting co-ed (even though I think it had a big part in it). Even countries like AusNTM got producers that didn't know what to do with it anymore. With the rise of IG modeling has become so mainstream and bland and that shows on international NTMs. Things that would've been labelled as "hight fashion" / "edgy" etc. ten years ago as opposed to the trashyness of reality TV have nowadays replaced them. The kids of these days are too cool for going gaga over booking a ticket for a trip to overseas and knowing your favourite designer is something the generation hipster is much more used to than when they already got applauded for knowing who Freja Beha Erichsen was (and being able to pronounce her name). There are different formats for each generation, NTM was ours but its not these days anymore.
    You're making me feel so old!
    TOP MODEL SHOWS OF 2018:

Achievements

History repeats itself, I hope NTM-shows would be in-fashion soon. They just distract me from real life and I love seeing new faces and interesting shoots.