Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kara DioGuardi Fired From American Idol

i actually look forward to this panel of Judges, i would rather Simon over Randy though.

Since Ellen is gone, I think they should get Bret Michaels (or Steven Tyler), Howard Stern, and Jessica Simpson.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by RnRModel1 View Post
    Steven Tyler is the freaky looking lead singer of Aerosmith.
    Steven Tyler-CAUTION!

Distorted, I think they said he was out of the running a couple weeks ago. He would have made a better judge, IMO.

And Ethan, it was just the first round of auditions. The contestants are widdled down by the producers before they audition in front of the judges. Actual auditions begin in September.

Right, so they sing infront of the producers and they get into the TV auditions based on talent and entertainment factors, right?

It's still a lil confusing to me, this process.
    The pictures on the AI website looked like the real auditions - haha with the large crowds and stuff.

So they go to the diff. cities and perform for producers and if they get in go back at a later date??

IDOL XIV: Sarina . Clark . Rayvon . Quentin . Adanna . Joey .

That's right.

I can't believe the producers passed up Colbie Caillat when she auditioned in Season 5. Dumbest move ever.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! I loved Kara and Ellen!

Achievements

I love Steven Tyler, but I am not sure this is the right fit for him, seems off a bit to me.

work @ the three judge panel though, so much better.
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Right, so they sing infront of the producers and they get into the TV auditions based on talent and entertainment factors, right?

It's still a lil confusing to me, this process.
    The pictures on the AI website looked like the real auditions - haha with the large crowds and stuff.

So they go to the diff. cities and perform for producers and if they get in go back at a later date??
    and dont the producers give the singers they like best, like the ones with the best backstory and stuff a sticker or something to let the judges know to def. let them in? >.<

and wth @ them passing up on Colbie... oh well, thats a good thing on her part really.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddie View Post
    and dont the producers give the singers they like best, like the ones with the best backstory and stuff a sticker or something to let the judges know to def. let them in? >.<
    Yup, I posted about that. They even give the bad singers stickers lol. It's when you get inerviewed and they like you, etc.

There's like 2-3 rounds of auditions before the "real" audition.

@ the 3 person panel.

ah, i was wondering who i got that from, now i know

I might watch if J. Lo's on it, what a great move on AI's part.

​I'm living my life, hope you feel alright

J-Lo and Steven Tyler are GREAT choices!

this stone is flawless

Alexandria/Allison/ANGELEA/Dominique/Isis/Laura
    For ANTM 17

Quote Originally Posted by RnRModel1 View Post
    She was useless, so it was a good move. I'll kinda miss seeing her around, but oh well. I can't believe they kept Randy. Of all people. Why not just finish them all off?

Randy-He'll be the same kinda judge he's been being. Sorta constructive, but not really. Continue to give the same critiques. "That was pitchy for me, for you. Dawg."

J-Lo-She'll be the nice one who sugarcoats everything. Every sentence will end with "honey."

Steven:I guess we'll have two sides of Paula's personality on panel this year. The sweet side, and the drug-addict side. I'm dreading seeing his face in HD! I think he'll be straight to the point, but not that mean about things. Like what Ellen claimed she would be.
    I love this witty post.

The Nerve RTVGWiki

Thanks Estquer and Thomnom!

They need a good replacement for Simon. I don't think Jennifer or Steven would really replace Simon's role on the panel.

Lol no @ Howard Stern.

I still want Jessica Simpson. She'd be Paula Abdul 2.0 but maybe even more ditzier and hilarious. But either way, I'm fine with Stephen and JLo.

TBH, my ideal judge would be Mariah Carey. She'd be such a hot mess and all over the place that it'd be hilarious.
    ​RPDR10: Aquaria, Monet X Change

RTVG Idol
    Kara DioGuardi not returning to 'American Idol': It's (finally) official

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/03/ka...ally-official/

Kara DioGuardi will not return for American Idol‘s 10th season, Fox announced in a press release this evening. The word arrived via email at 8:11 p.m. ET on the Friday before the Labor Day weekend, the media-cycle equivalent of attempting to chop down a tree in the forest when no one is there to hear it fall.

“I felt like I won the lottery when I joined American Idol two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave Idol,” said DioGuardi, in a statement released by Fox. “I am very proud to have been associated with American Idol — it has truly been an amazing experience. I am grateful to FOX, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment, as well as the cast, crew and contestants, for all they have given to me. I look forward to my next challenge, and want to thank everyone who has supported me. All the best to everyone on Season 10!”

Over the last several weeks, speculation has swirled that DioGuardi, who joined the reality singing competition in its eighth season in the unpopular position of “fourth judge,” would not return to her chair when the ratings juggernaut comes back in January 2011. Returning executive producer Nigel Lythgoe had gone on the record saying he favored a return to a three-person judges’ panel, and as sources close to the show have repeatedly told Entertainment Weekly, Idol has been working to lock down returning judge Randy Jackson, plus newcomers Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, before season 10 callbacks begin in the middle of September. DioGuardi’s name was rarely mentioned as a contender for a rebooted Idol panel, the first without founding judge Simon Cowell, despite the fact that she showed considerable improvement in her on-air performance between the show’s eighth and ninth seasons. In fact, DioGuardi’s father said in an interview last month that his daughter had heard her job was at risk only via media reports.

Fox’s release contained statements from a number of execs close to the show. They read as follows:

“Kara was a great addition to our Idol family. I’ve been fortunate to get to know her well, and have always been amazed by her eye for talent and her commitment to developing and mentoring artists. She will be missed, and we wish her continued success.” –Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company

“Kara is one of the world’s best songwriters. She has been passionate and committed to Idol over the last two seasons. I will miss having her on the show, but I look forward to working with her in music for many years to come.” –Simon Fuller, American Idol creator and executive producer

“As one of the most proclaimed songwriters in the U.S., Kara brought a wealth of experience and a unique perspective to American Idol. We are very grateful for the time she spent on the show, and we wish her nothing but the best in all her future endeavors.” — Cecile Frot-Coutaz, Idol executive producer
    Survivor Sucks is no more on my account and I'm gladly retired on the forum.

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but one of the quotes from Kara's memoir got me pretty upset.

Via mjsbigblog.com-
    A Season 9 contestant the judges wanted to keep: “I saw her walking out of the auditorium crying,” DioGurardi writes. “She was still on the judges’ list. So Randy, Ellen, Simon, and I tried to fight for her, but we weren’t permitted to change the decision. There was one other contestant some of us wanted as well, but there seemed to be an air of suspicion that Simon might be trying to sabotage the contestant pool in the wake of his leaving. I don’t know about that, but from my perspective he was definitely trying to help the show. I felt awful for these contestants…By the end of the week I didn’t have a good feeling about the mix of talent we’d ended up with, and I was right.”
    So, the producers have the ultimate say in who gets picked to be in the final cast, and who doesn't. Of course. Which means they probably get to choose who stays and goes on the live eliminations too. It just pisses me off. I wonder who the contestant who left crying was? I'm thinking it was probably Angela Martin. I remember she was crying, and the judges were taking their time to deliver the news to her, and seemed like they didn't want her to go. Her elimination never made sense to me.

Achievements

Probably Tori Kelly or Charity Vance.

IDOL XIV: Sarina . Clark . Rayvon . Quentin . Adanna . Joey .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12