Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CNTM is supposed to return in the summer of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by brb View Post
    i thought you were trying to be funny as that is a ridiculous comment especially since there have been several canadian supermodels from linda evangelista to coco rocha. for it's population canada produces large amount of talent (model, entertainment, and arts wise) it's just our television networks don't have the cash to produce tv shows on the scale americans have.
    Yeah... but doesn't canada only have 30,000,000 people or something? I mean, that's a lot, but to find 10 modelesque 18-23 year olds twice a year out of that many people is difficult, sorry. It's way easier for the US, since we have over 10x that much. It's a valid theory.

And it's not about how many supermodels there have been, I know about the real fashion world BB, but they need more people to come of age before they start again.

this stone is flawless

Alexandria/Allison/ANGELEA/Dominique/Isis/Laura
    For ANTM 17

Quote Originally Posted by lucyinthesky89 View Post
    & Daria W, Meghan C, Shalom H, Jessica S, Heather M...just to name off a few more.

I'm sure Canada would be able to round up a good bunch of 18 year old girls right now.

We are the second-largest country in the world...

And while we aren't the most populated...I'd say we have enough 18 year olds to round up for a modelling competition.
    ITA. There's a theory that Canadians aren't as famewhorish as Americans and that's why their having trouble getting girls to sign up for CNTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton123 View Post
    Yeah... but doesn't canada only have 30,000,000 people or something? I mean, that's a lot, but to find 10 modelesque 18-23 year olds twice a year out of that many people is difficult, sorry. It's way easier for the US, since we have over 10x that much. It's a valid theory.

And it's not about how many supermodels there have been, I know about the real fashion world BB, but they need more people to come of age before they start again.
    Who said twice a year? We're asking for just one per year, bb. And also, if Australia, who has a population about 12 million less, can produce a season each year, and still have some really talented girls (As well as a few extra girls per cast), then I doubt it'd be a problem to gather a group of 10 girls each year.

i don't think your theory is really valid. canada's population is still 2x that of holland, and 4x of austria and both of those shows have or had top model shows. and we're not talking about having the show twice a year but at least once a year. there's a market for it in canada audience-wise and there are quite a lot of girls that i see where i live that could easily audition if not make the show. much more stunning girls then tiffany or eboni.

it's probably the economy and the lack of funds in canadian television not to mention a conservative government that doesn't support the arts and broadcasting.

It has nothing to do with population. Canada has 34 million people and Australia has 22 million (these are the most recent numbers). There should be no problem finding enough modelesque girls for 1 season a year.

The main reasons for the delays probably have to do with money, ratings, and lack of support in getting a production together.

I kind of like how elaborate this discussion is, but, I mean, how difficult is it to find about 10-13 interested, model-esque girls in a recently-estimated population of 34,020,000?

I'm excited! I didn't watch the first cycle of this show, I watched the second cycle until the person uploading decided to never upload episode 8 (), and I've followed the third cycle. I do agree that it's a long wait, but I think it's very much worth it.

Like CIL said, I'd rather wait a long time for great girls instead of rushing cycles and getting girls who have much less potential, and with the rush comes crappy photo shoots, less-invested international (or, rather, even domestic) destinations, and okay winners. /ANTM

Achievements

Canada is not a very large country in terms of pop so they're waiting so more people can turn 18.
    I take it that you weren't trying to make a sarcastic or even satirical comment.

This is the reason why people look down on Canadians. We can't find talent amongst the population whom are 18+ in 2010? That's absolute dung.

Oh hey, we just broke 2 overall Olympic records.
    TRINITY . VALENTINA . NAOMI . MONIQUE . JASMINE
    AS4
    __

So bad! only 3 cycles x_x
    Everything is gonna be alright.

I personally think it's cuz we're attached to the US, that ANTM is so easily accessible that Canada's own is just "not as popular".

THat whole population argument is bull****. It's a popularity/ratings fight. Still, it's better than picking up these random interested girls, giving them makeovers, then calling them models - when clearly more than half of them don't look like models coughantmcough. IMO any girl can get transformed with "fierce hair and make-up"

I rather Canada skip a year each time and have great winners than to have one every year with "meh" models.

There's a theory that Canadians aren't as famewhorish as Americans and that's why their having trouble getting girls to sign up for CNTM.
    Canadians more humble, eh? I'd agree to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucwild View Post
    ITA. There's a theory that Canadians aren't as famewhorish as Americans and that's why their having trouble getting girls to sign up for CNTM.
    But remember during cycle 3 the huge numbers of girls that turned out for the auditions, and there were some GOOD girls that didn't even make it like Regine from cycle 2 and that Caitlin Dawn from Canadian Idol.

Yeah, the whole "Canada's population is too small" thing is not really a valid argument, given that Australia, NZ, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Norway, Sweden & Finland have less people.
    Australian Survivor
    ANNELIESE . JACQUI . KENT . LOCKY . MICHELLE . SARAH . TESSA . TARA

It looks like they just might make this a biannual thing. Not that I'm surprised. In fact, I'd say this is smart. It ups the chances of finding better girls and might make way for a better budget.

I'm just glad there will be another season.

Starting Cycle 2, they leap 1 year to have another cycle. Why oh why CNTM? Doesn't you suppose to have your fifth cycle?

Another year? Damn. I'll be nearing 21 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey-Vibe View Post
    Who said twice a year? We're asking for just one per year, bb. And also, if Australia, who has a population about 12 million less, can produce a season each year, and still have some really talented girls (As well as a few extra girls per cast), then I doubt it'd be a problem to gather a group of 10 girls each year.
    Lol irl at this ignorance
      Spoiler:  

Which I forgot when I started to sink...

You know what? CNTM needs those 2 years. You clearly don't find divine goddesses like Lin-SAY in just one measly year.
    ​RPDR10: Aquaria, Monet X Change

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    Lol irl at this ignorance
    Please point out the ignorance, boo

Is Canada's population not greater than Australia?
    Does Australia not have a NTM series each year?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast