Sunrise

S u n r i s e ,

A c c e p t . t h i s . o f f e r i n g ,

S u n r i s e .

- - - - L e s l i e. S i l k o

[spoiler5]

[/spoiler5]

Big Brother........COLORFULNESS?!?!

Wow, I absolutely cannot believe it. AIW and Bitter are the two KINGS of gaming on here and I can't believe I made it as far as I did, let alone beat the two of them in the final 3. I'm really happy to have played with both of them, and everyone else in the Alliance of Fabulousity.

I have been playing online reality games since 2005 and I'm so happy that after 5 years, I've finally won one. Not just any game either, and ESTQUER game. His challenges are like translating hieroglyphics while suspended from a cable, blindfolded, surrounded by bats, in the mountains of Pikachu in -20 degree weather and a really bad case of the *shakes*.

Thank you to Estquer, my homies, everyone who played in the game, everyone who watched the game, and to r0guish, wherever he may be, because without him I might never be able to say:

Quote Originally Posted by r0guish
    Oh fuggers

"I AM America's Next Top Model*!!!!"

*America's Next Top BB: Darkness winner
    Fierce is a State of Mind.

Sciuridae; TYO 7974; Once you find the final thread and complete this challenge, go have a drink to celebrate!

Congrats Glitter! You worked hard and deserve the win!

Achievements

Sunrise: The Reunion

It's been an incredibly long and intense game, and a few moments ago GlitterxGold was crowned the winner in a 24 - 4 vote by the jury.

Now it's time to add any comments about the game, questions about things that happened, or just say whatever you want to say about the game!

For Viewers/lurkers:

1. Who were you (secretly, since most of you never posted) rooting for during the game?
    2. What surprised you?
    3. What was the most exciting part of the game?
    4. What do you have to say about the game? Any comments? Suggestions? Quibbles?

Thanks for watching!

For players

1. What was your plan going into the game?
    2. How did it change?
    3. List your alliances
    4. What was your favorite challenge?
    5. What was the most surprising twist?
    6. What will you take away from this game?
    7. Any comments about the winner?
    8. Any regrets?
    9. What could have made the game go more smoothly?
    10. How were the graphics/visual layout of challenges etc?
    11. What improvements should I make to future games like this?
    12. Any interest in playing future games by me?

Thank you SO MUCH for playing! The players really make the game, and this game was no exception!

Congratulation GlitterxGold arty!, and Estquer I would have posted my opinions but I did not know if the viewers could post

1. Who were you (secretly, since most of you never posted) rooting for during the game?
    - Iron Muffin , he seemed like the underdog for most of the game...
    2. What surprised you?
    - How long this game lasted, 256 days , oh and Sir Bitter coming back after being eliminated.
    - If I remember correctly, I enjoyed more the diverge rounds of the game with people playing two games at once :D
    - Great game Estquer!, I'm waiting for your next game ...even if I'm totally scared of your crazy challenges

Achievements

Reneealldeway19 - I'm sorry you had to leave so early. I was kind of shocked that you were nominated so early; I thought with so many "big names" in the game that you would have no problem working your way in but somehow you ended up giving off major threat vibes. I would've loved to see more of you but, someone has to go first. :/

JustPlainEvil - You stirred the pot more in two rounds than almost every other player combined . You were an extremely intense player and effectively polarized the "house" (aka underground bunker. lol) into two factions. Things would have been different if not for a few key events but, that's life. Thanks for playing!

[shattered] - You seem really nice! I honestly have no idea why you got so many nomination votes . I'm sorry you didn't vote in the finale but I guess there wasn't much reason for you to since you left so early. Hope to see you in the future!

Epochalypse - You kept undermining my authority . But really, I'm sorry that your personal life prevented you from getting further; you were one of the mods that actually seemed likely to "flip-flop" and ironically you left right before Sundae, who was the non-mod most likely to flip flop. Hope to see yo British ass in the future!

Sundae Morning - I know how much you regret quitting, and honestly, I regret it too. Ideally, everyone gets eliminated through the normal process, and I understand that life happens and weird stuff happens. I'm not mad; I'd still welcome you to any future game of mine you want to sign up for.

unouwantmeman - You probably won't ever read this since you left the site, but you were really good at challenges and a good strategist to boot. You essentially got screwed over by the tie twist, which is regrettable... but surprises are part of any game.

KIOD
    - You seem like a really cool person. I hope you come back soon! Unfortunately, you were another victim of the supermod alliance but you didn't go without a fight!

Nade - Again, I wish I could have seen what you would have done near the end of the game, but you just didn't get the chance. I hope you were able to at least get something out of playing.

kerumfetti - Ugh, you tried so hard to stay in as long as possible. I was so impressed by how far you made it despite horrible odds by this point in the game. In the end, it was just about numbers and the mod alliance wasn't willing to split up.

cutepongki - I was really proud of you for winning that talisman challenge. You even nominated Sir Bitter! Had Sundae not quit, the tie would never have happen and he would have likely taken 15th place. It was a pivotal moment, for sure. I hope you keep playing reality games!

xymandopex
    - I felt like you really knew what was going on. You were smart enough to keep talking to the mods even while your alliance was crumbling. Always able to get yourself to that next week. It seems like none of my twists really helped you, but despite that you made it really far in a hard game!

Gemma
    - I miss you, it seems like you haven't been on in ages (except to vote in the finale!). I hope to see you back again soon!

DoeBoy - A very interesting case. You were at times the "odd-one-out" in the mods alliance and in other cases working with them as much as possible. Your own alliance tried to eliminate you because of another game, which is kind of weird. I wish you hadn't quit, but it's water under the bridge now.

Iron Muffin
    - You started this game, honestly, not really knowing what was going on. Am I right? But then... slowly but surely, in front of our very eyes, you developed a keen strategy. You even succeeded in eliminating Sir Bitter, one of the most impressive moments in the game. Unfortunately he had a secret prize, but you really really impressed me!

Aly - I wish I understood what happened, but I won't make you explain. I wish you could have played out to your full potential, your challenge record and strategy were formidable! Anyway, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we are VERY happy to have you back and in good health!

Bhanny - I wish you had turned more stuff in! I thought you had some really good strategies from your original application, but I think you were just too busy or something.

Sir Bitter - What can I say? You won 2 out of the 3 special prizes, won a LOT of challenges, didn't receive any votes until the finale, etc. You worked very hard to get to the end and your attention to detail is very impressive. Obviously, you are an amazing strategist and I look forward to your future efforts!

AIW - You were my pick to win for a very long time, actually. You had a very close, solid alliance, but you also managed to avoid the stigma of being the person in charge of eliminating people like Aly and Sir Bitter had. You were great at challenges, always voted on time, and perhaps most importantly, you were always dedicated to the game. I hope you play again in the future!

GlitterxGold - Wow! I'm so happy for you, you won and you completely deserve it! From your original application I could tell that you were burning inside to make this game the one that you finally won and you know what? 256 days later, you won. You won Big Brother 2: Darkness, and no one can ever take that away from you. Your strategy (except in Rock, Paper, Scissors ) was great, and so were your challenge performances. You knew when to deal and when to keep what you had and it got you to the Diverge, and the convergence - the final three, the final two... and then you know what? You won. Congratulations!

------------------

Yes, the game was slow. Yes, it was long. Yes, I know that the challenges weren't perfect, that I made mistakes, that there were unclear instructions. It was almost cartoonishly "dark", and I got carried away a lot, whether it was with weird stories, thinking that splitting the game into two pieces was a good idea, or even tons of spoiler tags.

As a host, I have a vision of a game and do my best to write the rules that go along with it. And the result is never what I expect. Players quit, players test rules, people disappear, challenges backfire. It happens. In this case, more than usual.

It was a huge time and energy commitment on the part of the players and myself, but in the end, I am happy with it. Everything that goes wrong is something that I can remember not to do in the future. I hope that my game added something to your lives, whether it was just a fun time or whatever, that's fine. I appreciate that people still sign up for my games, even though they seem to get longer and longer. LOL. Thank you so much to everyone who cared about this game. You helped make it what it was and is.

And with that... I declare my fourth game officially complete.

Which means...
      Spoiler:  

On to five!

What were the secret challenges because I clearly didn't notice any of them.

Achievements

Ok, there were three in total:

DEJA VU

Deja Vu was in the avatar I had at the beginning of the game. It looked black at first glance, but if you looked closely you could see something suspicious; and if you fiddled with the image you could make it more clear:

If you look closely, you can see the words "Already Seen" with an "fr", indicating "French". The solution was "Deja Vu", the name of the prize.

The power of the prize was to have any week by completely restarted, effectively canceling the original events. It was solved by Sir Bitter. Given the length of the game, I am so thankful that it was never used.

FLICKER

Under my details for location, I had:

7: firlookinchowkinearring

the solution was to divide that bizarre gibberish into seven words

7: Fir Look In Chow Kin Ear Ring which spells out "FLICKER", the second prize. It could be used to resurrect someone and let them stay ONLY if they won the talisman challenge for the week. It was successfully used by Sir Bitter.

FATE

That image was in my signature. If you blow it up so you can see the pixels, you can find one letter hidden in each element:

water/ice - F
    clouds/air - A
    fire - T
    tree/earth - E

This prize was won by DoeBoy; it would randomly reassign all talismans in the game. Unfortunately due to the random nature of the prize, DoeBoy didn't end up benefiting from it, really.

Now, something pointed out to me after that notorious challenge with the block-color avatars was that a lot of people have signatures and/or avatars turned off. At the time, I didn't realize it was an issue, but in the future I will be considerate of that and put clues in places that can be accessed by everyone whether or not they have those features activated.

Was there a mention that there were going to be secret challenges, because if so I totally missed that!

I'm in the signatures off boat so I didn't notice the signature but I wouldn't have been able to solve it anyway.

Achievements

GxG I've always loved watching her roleplay in games and I thought it was about time for her to win.
    2. What surprised you? Epoch's departure, he really gets into games, but when RL calls, RL calls.
    3. What was the most exciting part of the game? Top 5
    4. What do you have to say about the game? Any comments? Suggestions? Quibbles? Um Stay fierce, and let me play in the next one :D.

Achievements

Hmm, I thought I had mentioned it but maybe I didn't and am just being delusional. It's been so long that I can't remember, but I kept changing the title over the avatar to try and draw attention to it. I think reneealldeway19 noticed it (posthumously) and JPE also noticed it but wasn't able to solve it.

Aly and then DoeBoy also solved the first one, but Sir Bitter had already claimed it. I think Aly was only a few hours behind.

But honestly, I think one of the biggest flaws in the game was perhaps that the challenges were so obscure and difficult. I did my best to make the challenges for the next game more "fun" and "user-friendly", while still hopefully keeping a good challenge.

Oooh, another fun fact!

Now that I point it out, remember this odd question in the application?

"4. If offered a position as the Mole, would you accept it? Why or why not? How would having a secret role affect your gameplay? "

Well, there actually WAS a mole! It was just a minor thing, but it had potential again to impact the game.

When cutepongki was voted into the game in the beginning, he received no talisman but instead a special power: he could have the vote of someone each week publicly revealed until he was eliminated. It was up to him to share this power if he felt so compelled. That's why "Big Brother" suddenly stopped posting votes with no explanation; the mole had left the building, so to speak.

Thanks for the kind words Est
    I'm excited for your fifth game tbh

And congrats Glitter, I was rooting for you :D

Congrats Glitter! This was a crazy game and you deserve a lot of credit for being able to walk away with the win. Also congrats to AIW for making it to the finals!

And of course thanks Estquer for letting me play your game. It was a lot fun even though it was so long (sorry I didn't get my final votes in btw. I didn't have internet access for a while).

Now for the questions:

1. What was your plan going into the game? Pretty much just to not get evicted. When I entered the game it was already in progress and I didn't so much know who was with who so at first I just wanted to survive lol
    2. How did it change? Well...it changed when I got evicted
    3. List your alliances JPE, Sundae and xyman were the main ones but I talked a bit with kerumfetti and Gemma too. AIW also but tbh I was never fully convinced he was on my side (no offense dude!)
    4. What was your favorite challenge? The one that I won :D
    5. What was the most surprising twist? Sir Bitter coming back after I evicted him.
    6. What will you take away from this game? Idk. I met a lot of cool people so I guess that's about it.
    7. Any comments about the winner? She is awesome. Congrats again Glitter!
    8. Any regrets? Nope
    9. What could have made the game go more smoothly? Honestly the only problem I had with the game was that it lasted so long and that there were so many delays but other than that I thought our host did an awesome job.
    10. How were the graphics/visual layout of challenges etc? Epic.
    11. What improvements should I make to future games like this? Cast me in all of them
    12. Any interest in playing future games by me? Yes definitely :D

I guess I didn't really have a plan going into the game, I had never played with most of these contestants before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was just going to lay low for a while and wait to see if I could make an alliance
    2. How did it change?
    I don't want to overdue my part in the game but I guess I became more of a target after the game split up to the mods (minus kerum ) vs. everyone else. At that point I was just trying to hide behind the bigger threats while I worked my way into the mod alliance.
    3. List your alliances
    My main alliance was the non-mods even though most of us NEVER talked in the game, we just joined together to vote which was probably why we failed. JPE was the first one to approach me and I really felt she had my back though she had a short run . Kerum, Iron & Sundae became my closest alliance in the game but after Sundae left I sort of made a pact with Aly to save each other which worked pretty well IMO
    I loved the math challenge, it was so simple yet I screwed it up so bad
    Bitter come back, without a doubt. I was so glad for Iron because I thought a chance for him to make it to the end was opened but that didn't last for too long . I was also surprised that I won the first challenge
    I can just learn from everyone elses strategy, everyone kind of did something different and I love seeing what they were thinking. I always seem to screw up in strategy games towards the end so I'm hoping to find a way to overcome that
    I loved Glitter, she was so entertaining during the whole game. Truth be told we only talked once and that was when the tie turned the game around. However, I didn't really talk to anyone in the final 3 so I kind of based my decision on what I saw on the thread. Glitter overcame a journey, she managed to avoid nominations even though she was always constantly active and she even overcame her losing streak in rock, paper, scissors. That's why she got my vote
    8. Any regrets?
    Not really, I guess I would have just asked to win more challenges . The mod alliance never really approached me to get me in so I really had no choice but stick to the other alliance. I wouldn't have wished to go home at all but hey I tried my best :D
    The game went pretty smoothly IMO
    I loved everything about the challenges (minus the hardness ), it really seems like they were well thought out and I love a dedicated host :D
    I just wish the game wouldn't move as slowly as it did sometimes but we all know it isn't always in your control.
    off course, your next game looks amazing and since I actually saw a season of survivor I'm pumped to play. Expect a sign up from me

Wow, congrats to GXG... great to see a fellow alliance member win, you definitely deserve it! Congrats to AIW for making F2 as well! :D

I knew that GXG would be a tough opponent to beat in the F2, so I cast my votes accordingly in the first round

Anyway, the biggest thanks to ESTQUER for hosting yet another amazing and intricate game! THANK YOU EST!

BTW I found that hidden imunity idol in your avie and told several members about it IRL

and I absolutely cant wait for next game est I didnt play strategy games in a LONG time

^^ Yeah thanks about that.

Estquer, thank you so much.

I am secretly rooting for Sir Bitter. I was shocked when he got evicted. then GxG too because she was a secret ally of mine.

2. What surprised you?
    Sir Bitter's eviction.

Mod alliance vs JPE's alliance

I wish I have played longer. I made other's game screwed because of me. I made others take advantage the situation when I quit and I didn't think of the consequences of quitting a game when I also hate when someone quits in my game.

Thanks for watching!

For players

My plan was to have relationships with people I want to have relationships with. Read other's people's mind. Let others lead what I have. To be honest, I wanted to be more honest this time because my reputation in AIW's game which is important in this game might screw my game because Sir Bitter, AIW and GxG are also a part of this game.

I also planned on asking Sir Bitter for an alliance.

2. How did it change?
    It didn't change, really except that I didn't ask Sir Bitter for an alliance because I knew that he will dump me anyway. D:

3. List your alliances

My alliances are only few...
    cute - kerum - xymmie - Iron Muff - uno - JPE - Sundae
    cute - kerum - Sundae
    cute - Sundae
    xymmie - Sundae
    GxG - Sundae
    Epochalype - Sundae

My fave challenge was when kerum and I decided to share answers so we could beat the other alliance but it ended up not being allowed to be done.

The ending twist

Gemma

I'm so happy for you GxG. I know what you feel if this is your first win. Congratulations. I am really sincerely happy for you.

8. Any regrets?
    Yes. 'Nuff said

Active players?

Lurve it Est.

Hmm I am not sure but you're already great so improving your game will be just like a bonus for your players. :D But maybe, too much twist but you enjoy twists so continue it.

Why not? Others should be open in playing an Estquer game too.

Once again, congratulations GxG and Estquer. I realized that if I didn't quit, it would have been more exciting to see 2 alliances clash together.

The Nerve RTVGWiki

Thanks Estquer and Thomnom!

Achievements

I just came across the original drawing that the banner was made from:

Spoiler:  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast