Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 181 to 185 of 185

Thread: Ultimate Anime Showdown!

  1. #181
    RTVG Idol UblazRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    My Own Little World
    Posts
    1,070

    Achievements



    -~ Ochaco Responds to Kaito ~-


    Ochaco/Rob:

    Ngl I kinda expected you to reach this point once I've learned of the game's format. You're obviously a challenge beast which has definitely helped you reach the endgame. I've read your opening statement and it seemed like you have put a lot of work in the strategy aspect of the game though which I'm very impressed by! My question for you is what do you think is ultimately most important in games that require prowess in all aspects? Strong social ties, strategic skill, or challenge dominance? I know a healthy balance between all three would be ideal but if you had to choose, what would you say is the most important?
    Strong social ties. It's not even a question. One thing that I always say whenever people try to accuse me of "just" winning challenges (as though that's somehow the easy route, when in reality it's anything but) is that I'm fully aware that challenge wins are less about helping you win than they are about helping you not lose. In games like this it's a bit different, since my challenge wins essentially allowed me to shape the game by putting up people I wanted to get rid of and helping nudge the odds in my favor by selecting their duel type. Strategic skill is a valuable tool in any arsenal, and there's definitely something to be said for people who can think on the fly and come up with plans to get ahead. But the fact is, those plans simply don't work if you can't convince people to listen to you and actually carry those plans out. I honestly can't count the number of games I've lost because some weaker player would turn down a plan that clearly would win them the game, simply because they had stronger social ties with someone else. Social ties are what enable you to survive without challenges and they're the force that actually makes a strategic plan work, so in my opinion there's no contest, social ties are far and away the most important out of the three.
    And just for fun, some bonus questions:

    1.
    Trash and praise your opponent's gameplay using a single phrase.
    Trash:


    While I think my opponent did every well for himself, I think a lot of his success has come from already having friends in high places who helped protect him and would vouch for him to other veterans, as opposed to having to fight his way in from the outside like most newer folks do.

    Praise:


    My opponent hasn't been around long enough to know the ins and outs of every format, but even without that experiential piece he's done a very good job of managing to succeed.

    2. As a tribute to this game's theme, assign an anime gif to each juror and explain why. It may portray your general feelings towards them or capture their personas. The choice is yours!
    An excuse to gush over my favorite anime characters? Say no more!

    Kaito - Izuki Horikoshi from My Hero Academia



    Like Izuku in this gif, I desperately wanted to reach out to you and work together, and try to get something going the round that you left, but despite my best efforts and encouragements, that final duel just didn't work out. :/

    Erika - Izumi Akazawa from Another



    This bitch is one of my favorite anime characters of all time, and in my poorer moments I definitely see myself reflected in her. She tends to be factually correct about things, but she doesn't conduct herself in a way that makes people listen to her, and everybody loses out as a result of her failing. I gave her to Erika because I imagine this was Erika's reaction when she got that math square.

    Michiko - Sayaka Maizono from Danganronpa



    I chose Sayaka for Santi because she's a character that has so much more going on than anybody realizes, and she's definitely one of the best-written characters in any anime/game that I've run across. For almost the entire time you know Sayaka, she comes off as this fairly one-dimensional girl who doesn't really add much, but once things get going, it becomes very clear very quickly that Sayaka is much, much smarter and more strategic than she lets on, and people learn the hard way that it's a disastrous mistake to underestimate her. I think that Santi is a lot like that. He's incredibly nice and easygoing, and I think because he doesn't draw a lot of attention to himself people underestimate him, but just about every time I talk to Santi in any kind of strategic context, I'm blown away by how spot-on his reads on the situation tend to be. It's not for nothing that he won that one BB game that I was too chicken to even try.

    Neji - Itsuki Koizumi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya



    Koizumi is basically the guy who sits around watching all the world go to hell around him, pretty much always wearing the facial expression from this gif. And most of the time, that's Gary. He's a voice of reason and crazy good at keeping his cool amongst all of the major conflicting personalities around him, and he always comes off as sensible and reasonable. Then there are other times where Gary pops off and it's always a joy to behold - and guess what? Koizumi can do that too. He's a powerful telekinetic who only ever rarely uses his powers, but when he does it's both awesome and terrifying. Perfect match, I'd say.

    Mai - Lust from FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

    Her name and the gif say it all, really.

    Yoshiki - Hotaru Ichijou from Non Non Biyori.



    Non Non Biyori is a cute and surprisingly entertaining show that is well worth watching, if you'll forgive the lack of male characters. Hotaru is a girl who moves to a small town after growing up in a big city. I chose her for Phoenix because she's ten years old. In the series, she's constantly mistaken for either a high-schooler or an adult woman, because she acts so dignified and mature compared to everyone around her. By contrast, I constantly forget that Phoenix is much younger than me, because he's so freakin' mature and put together, and I'm a total mess of a person despite being nearly twice his age. (That, plus I already used Gundham Tanaka once and it's cheating to do it again)

    Luna - Suzune Horikita from Welcome to the Classroom of the Elite



    Suzune reminds me a lot of Amber because Amber is someone who initially comes off as very brash, and her loyalty to her friends can come off as cold and distant when you're on outside looking in. Suzune comes across that way to pretty much everybody she meets, but throughout the course of the anime, people come to realize that she's got a lot of different facets to her, and once you get past that initial impression she's an incredibly loyal friend and highly competent in everything that she does. Also, Suzune doesn't give up when she wants to know something, kind of like Amber when she wants to, say, figure out what town a person lives in. Totally hypothetical, of course.

    3. In the interest of spreading some much needed good vibes, commend our host using a short haiku!
    You can never spell
    The phrase "Incredible Host"
    Without using "Ho."

  2. #182
    #Illuminati eagle2ch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    18,056

    Achievements







    The time has come to decide the winner of Ultimate Anime Showdown!
    The jury will now vote for either Ochaco|Rob or Toph|badgalboroz to become the first ever champion.


    Good Luck!
    You have 24 hours.
    Last edited by eagle2ch; 10-30-2018 at 08:57 AM.

  3. #183
    #Illuminati eagle2ch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    18,056

    Achievements





    The time has come to announce the first winner of Ultimate Anime Showdown!


      Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by CupidStunt
    Ugh I hate this vote
    I think both played an amazing game.

    My vote is for Ochaco.

    I fully believe you will be taking home a different win very soon Boris <3



      Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    congrats to you both once again for getting this far. you guys are very neck-and-neck despite having opposite narratives--on the surface, at least. however, i'm going to vote for the person who convinced me more that they deserve to be crowned the first ever champion with their jury answers... ochaco.



      Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by betinez
    I vote for Ochaco, because you slayed the answers, henny. Yes king!



      Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by VULpicks.
    I had different intentions going into this finale vote. But I promised. Ochaco gets my vote.



      Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by LaQuawnda
    I vote for Ochaco! This is the first time I vote for you on a jury and I am very glad to do so because you completely earned it. Thank you for the kind words. <3



      Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco
    I think Ochaco did a lot better at the jury questions, but I already promised Toph I’d vote for her in my statement so I guess I’m voting for Toph BECAUSE I WON’t CHANGE MY VOTE LAST MINUTE UNLIKE YOU BC IM ****ING LOYAL



      Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by Filler
    I love you both and I think both you played wildly differing yet just as effective games. But I'm voting for the person who I think did better in the jury questioning phase.

    Ochaco


    And the winner...
      Spoiler:  
    by a vote of...
      Spoiler:  
    6-1
      Spoiler:  
    is...
      Spoiler:  


    OCHACO | ROB! CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE THE FIRST WINNER OF ULTIMATE ANIME SHOWDOWN!

    You clearly dominated this season and there was no doubt in my mind that this would be the end result. You won 7/11 challenges and managed to only land in the bottom once, which you came back from with ease. You did a great job this season and I think that's why you were able to convince the jury that this win was yours. Congrats!

    Toph, you did amazing this season. You managed to survive 5 elimination battles and made it all the way to the end. You took out some of this seasons toughest competitors and you should be very proud of the game you played. I'm insanely impressed with you as a newer player and I can't wait to see more from you.[

    Thank you all for being a part of this game, it was a lot of fun and I would love to do it again at some point.



  4. #184
    yo wassap am belou Remco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,044

    Achievements

      Spoiler:  


    like i said, IM ****ING LOYAL MUAH

    congrats Rawb <3 you deserve it and congrats to Borysse too skinny bitch


  5. #185
    RTVG Idol UblazRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    My Own Little World
    Posts
    1,070

    Achievements


    Omygosh omygosh omygosh!

    Thank you so much for your votes! I'm over the moon right now, you have no idea. This win means a ton to me, for many many reasons. <3

    Boris, I honestly thought you had this going into it, and I would not have been shocked at all to see you walk away with the win here. I know we talked about this one one one, but I just want to re-stress that you are definitely coming into your own as a player, and you should absolutely be proud of how you did in this game, and in RB. You've learned how to fit in here and how to get ahead in games much, much quicker than just about anybody, myself absolutely included - and I honestly will not be shocked to see you start racking up wins in the very near future, so please don't let this outcome discourage you.

    Ho, thank you again for hosting. I have never played a Ho game that I haven't loved (yes, even the ones with unplanned returnee twists that happen right in front of my salad ) and this one was no exception. I absolutely love this theme and I'm glad I got to do you proud as an MHA character, since I know you were really hoping to get one in the cast. Ochako is bae and she deserves all the best things. I really hope that there are many, many more seasons in store for this. <3 <3 <3

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •