Thread: Project Runway New Zealand

Project Runway New Zealand

This starts October 1st. Hopefully it doesn’t flop like all te other versions of shows we’ve had hahah.
    Host is Georgia Fowler

Always here for more Project Runway!

any links for the first two episodes??

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

BRING BACK NEW ZEALAND NEXT TOP MODEL instead!

I'm excited! I really enjoyed Australian Project Runway and Sean Kelly's one of my favorite Project Runway winners.

Manila, Monet, Monique, Latrice, Trinity

links please <3

Links are available on seriestop.net!

Kerry's long black coat with electric cord sleeves and back details is so far the most striking piece in this season to me.

(the left one)
    POLAND'S NEXT TOP MODEL 7 ▪ Magda | Michal
    PROJECT RUNWAY NEW ZEALAND 1
    ▪ Judy | Kerry

As a kiwi I've been LIVING for the season and I'm hoping for a Ben, Caitlin & Judy top 3 but I do love Peni and Misty too.
    ANTM: Adrienne, Elyse, Nicole L, Dani, Caridee, Heather, Anya, McKey, Allison, Nicole F, Raina, Ann, Brittani, Leila, Chris H, Jourdan, Lenox, Lacey, Nyle, India, Khrystyana
    AusNTM: Gemma, Alice, Alex, Tahnee, Clare, Kathryn, Amanda, Kelsey, Liz, Melissa, Alex, Brittany, Sabine
    RPDR: Ongina, Raven, Jujubee, Tati, Raja, Shangela, Sharon, Willam, Jinkx, Alaska, Alyssa, Bianca, Adore, Joslyn, Katya, Ginger, Trixie, Violet, Thorgy, Kim, Valentina, Trinity, Shea, Sasha, Aja, Eureka, Miz Cracker

Super pissed with the latest result!

Now hoping for a Ben, Judy and either Peni or Kerry. Not a fan of Jess at all, she made this far being under the radar.
    ANTM: Adrienne, Elyse, Nicole L, Dani, Caridee, Heather, Anya, McKey, Allison, Nicole F, Raina, Ann, Brittani, Leila, Chris H, Jourdan, Lenox, Lacey, Nyle, India, Khrystyana
    AusNTM: Gemma, Alice, Alex, Tahnee, Clare, Kathryn, Amanda, Kelsey, Liz, Melissa, Alex, Brittany, Sabine
    RPDR: Ongina, Raven, Jujubee, Tati, Raja, Shangela, Sharon, Willam, Jinkx, Alaska, Alyssa, Bianca, Adore, Joslyn, Katya, Ginger, Trixie, Violet, Thorgy, Kim, Valentina, Trinity, Shea, Sasha, Aja, Eureka, Miz Cracker

Yeah, the latest elimination felt like the wrong call to me as well, both within the context of this week (where I really think Peni's poor construction combined with that basic design should have sent him home) and the competition as a whole---Caitlin's winning look last week was one of the best of the season, imo. I honestly can't remember anything else Peni has done and have no idea about what his aesthetic is.

I really liked Jess' last dress, but can't remember anything else she's done this season either (apart from the boho renaissance clown ensemble she did in red/blue a couple weeks back) and Kerry's stuff always looks so overworked for me. Ben/Judy FTW.
    Last edited by basicusername; 11-29-2018 at 12:15 AM.

Now that I actually have a clear mind I do think Caitlin's outfit was hideous but like you I thought she had great outfits previously while Peni has been mostly forgettable pieces or atrocities (that tele tubby outfit was awful). Right now I think Ben is going to win and while I don't mind because he's an amazing designer I really hope Judy can prove a threat to him and at least make it a competition.

Thank you for letting me know about this show! I'm currently watching episode 3 thanks to the website @basicusername suggested. There's some great talent and the first few eliminations have been totally justified.

I would eliminate next the woman who's obsessed with the 1950's but a YouTube thumbnail has spoiled me so I know she'll stick around for a while.
    TOP MODEL SHOWS OF 2018:

Okay I'm done with all 9 episodes.

My thoughts:

- Ben and Kerry are BY FAR the most talented designers but I feel like the judges are not that fond of Kerry.
    - Judy is overrated as hell and I personally think she sucks ever since she couldn't even make a decent pair of shorts on episode two. Her evening gowns are meh and that's supposed to be her strength.
    - Matt was an unfair early boot; I think he would've produced some amazing stuff.
    - Peni and Jess suck.

Overall it's been a good season but I wish the judges were a bit harder on the contestants. At times it's even hard to tell who's in the bottom 3 because they're complimentary to everything and everyone.
    TOP MODEL SHOWS OF 2018:

Found the results of the most recent episode pretty disappointing. Peni's was awful in both design and construction (it looked like he was trying to tailor a blanket)---he was right, it was his time to go. Cannot believe they liked Jess' look, she's giving me serious clown clothes again. Sure, it gets some points for how "brave" it is, but yeesh, those proportions combined with the color and the shine AND the wonky seams is just unforgivable. Kerry's was dramatic and very well-made, but I found it a touch overdone as usual; did he really need a floor-length cape, a full pant, and two contrasting jewel tones? With tweaks to the proportions and palette, this could've been really chic. I liked the vibe of Judy's, but it indeed read a bit too Kermit on the runway for me (though the color doesn't look as intense in photographs) and the tailoring looked sloppy. It definitely would've benefitted from the injection of a different color along with the green (black or maybe even a touch of gold). For me, Ben had the only really successful design this week and was totally underrated by the judges. The whole "not living up to your high standards" storyline always bothers me, because it basically just sets up consistently good contestants to fail. I thought Ben's was the only one that looked modern, chic, and well-made---loved the silhouette, wide shorts, and the fabric/sleeves of the turtleneck. Sure, it was black and white and didn't have...inflatable clown pants....but I didn't find it boring in the least. Unfortunately, I feel like his edit (honestly all season, but especially these past couple episodes) is really setting him up to be runner-up, at best, but I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong. So yeah, still Team Ben (and Judy to a lesser extent).
    Last edited by basicusername; 12-03-2018 at 07:54 AM.

Judy is crying again next because she doesn't know what a collection is to be like because she's never made one before.

I think after the last episode that last spot in the final 3 is still neck and neck between Judy and Jess now that the judges have decided her stuff isn't crap.
    TOP MODEL SHOWS OF 2018:

Judy: I don't want the judges to think all I can do are gowns.

*proceeds to make another gown with terrible construction*

I really thought they were going to let all 4 make collections, so I was shocked they actually eliminated Judy. Jess blew my mind (minus the crotch area), Kerry's was really good minus the color scheme, and Ben's was college student work.

Sean Kelly is the judge for the finale which makes me LOL because any of the final 3 are infinitely more talented and have more range than he ever will.
    TOP MODEL SHOWS OF 2018:

Didn't like any of the looks this week tbh. Once again, I don't get the judges' love for Jess---I didn't mind the color combination, but the fabric of the jumpsuit was so shiny and the placement of those pleats was unforgivable. Didn't understand the blousey white turtleneck underneath either. Judy's looked like two, half-baked ideas for a look combined into one completely unresolved garment, and the judges raving over her basic black tulle skirt felt like they were just trying to latch onto one nice thing to say. The textile of the dress was cool, but it looked so unfinished and sloppy. Major eyeroll @ Kerry's "story" behind his collection and I really wasn't feeling the neon yellow lace against the big, black ruffles. And the judges are right---his stuff tends to look old. Even Ben, who I normally enjoy, wasn't doing it for me this week. I get that he wanted to turn up the volume, but yeesh, this was just ugly. I would've liked the sleeve with something sleek/minimal on the bottom, but all those layers of ruffles in that weird lengthover the huge, unfinished pants was just so heavy. Not really on board with the idea of any of these as the starting point for collections, but Ben FTW (purely on the context of the whole season) I guess.