Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I Supermodel Photoshoot Ranking (Completed)

Tbh I pretty much agree with 90% of you best and worst for each photoshoot.

But if you type in 'George Clooney childhood photo', that is all I get from Xue Fei's beauty shot and I can't unsee it. I would post the picture but I'm on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiru_chan88 View Post
    For me itís because Xue Feiís full body shot has a weirdly long leg and a weirdly short/normal length leg. Itís so unflattering while also being unsettling, ITA. Red is totally Liuís color
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by IWokeUpLikeThis View Post
    Tbh I pretty much agree with 90% of you best and worst for each photoshoot.

But if you type in 'George Clooney childhood photo', that is all I get from Xue Fei's beauty shot and I can't unsee it. I would post the picture but I'm on my phone.
    This...?

Now I can't unsee it either.

OMFG
      Spoiler:  

My Favorite Winners
    ASIA: Jess
    AU: Alice|Amanda|Montana
    US: Nicole F|Caridee|Ann
    KRN: Hyun Ji|Gi Ppeum
    Favorite Male Contestant: Yong Soo
    ALL-TIME FAVORITE NTM WINNER...
    SHIN HYUN JI

Spoiler:  
    WEEK THREE: VINTAGE BRIDAL
    When this photoshoot was first released, I thought it was commercial and boring, but it has grown on me with time. It still looks somewhat commercial, so it’s not exactly my cup of tea, but I see a little more editorial-ness in it. The photography and the scenery are also beautiful.

Best: Rui

My first callout has changed many times – Lei and Kiki were both previous options – but I eventually settle on Rui. She was deemed the best in her team, and I completely agree. Her picture looks like it belongs in a fashion editorial. I love the photography and the juxtaposition of the metallic car and the wedding gown. Rui also looks fierce on her own. My only complaint is that her bottom looks pretty big.

Worst: Shi Hui

I think Shi Hui and Ai Jia were equally terrible this week, but there can only be one worst picture. The heavy makeup looks awful on her, and her neck is super tense. She looks as tall as a midget, and the way she’s running looks extremely stiff. Not really her problem, but I don’t understand why she’s the only one who has another girl in the background, who looks rather silly with the “hi” pose whatsoever.

I think that’s Ai Jia in the background so technically she also has worst photo
      Spoiler:  

My Favorite Winners
    ASIA: Jess
    AU: Alice|Amanda|Montana
    US: Nicole F|Caridee|Ann
    KRN: Hyun Ji|Gi Ppeum
    Favorite Male Contestant: Yong Soo
    ALL-TIME FAVORITE NTM WINNER...
    SHIN HYUN JI

Quote Originally Posted by Shiru_chan88 View Post
    I think that’s Ai Jia in the background so technically she also has worst photo
    That's her? How ironic...

Spoiler:  
    WEEK SIX: BRIGHTON BATHING BOXES
    I didn’t even notice that the girls were posing in front of bathing boxes; I thought they were cabins by the beach. Kudos to the production team for making bathing boxes look good. The color-blocking is beautiful, and while this is one of the most commercial shoots this season, it’s done really well, so I’m not complaining.

Best: Kiki

I have a hard time choosing my favorite this week. I know Rui’s the most popular choice for first callout, and although her picture is indeed great, the first thing I see is that her eyes look like they’re of two different sizes, and it already bothers me. Anyway, moving the focus back to Kiki, I find this photo special because of her melancholic expression and the vulnerable vibe in the way she crossed her arms as if she’s protecting herself. It’s an unusual take for a photoshoot like this, but it works for some reason. I also love how her hair covers half of her face. The only (tiny) complaint I have is that she looks slightly short.

Worst: Hao Yue

I don’t think anyone did a poor job this week. Even though this is my least favorite picture, it’s not bad at all. My biggest problem with this photo is her expression. To be precise, her smile looks a little bit forced and freaky. I don’t like how her hair obscures her face either. Her body’s fine, but the arm holding the balloon looks quite stiff, and her thighs look thick. Overall, I think she looks awkward.

Spoiler:  
    WEEK EIGHT: COUNTRYSIDE COUTURE
    I find it hard to explain in detail why I love this photoshoot. I just love how vintage this shoot is, especially the low saturation which gives the pictures a serene vibe.

Best: Liu

This was the first time she blew me away and her turning point in the competition in my opinion. Her pose’s very simple, but she angled her body really well. Her legs go on forever, and I like her confident stance. The slight innocence in her face is cute, and I think she got the best styling. She’s also one of the only girls who doesn’t look weird in the bob cut.

Worst: Rui

My biggest problem with this is the photography. Why was she photographed from so far away? Also, she looks tiny from standing on the gigantic tree. That said, she herself didn’t do a good job. Her face’s completely lifeless, and the pose’s very basic, which, however, I can’t blame her because there’s so much she could’ve done in such a restricted environment.

Spoiler:  
    WEEK 4: POSING NUDE WITH HANDBAGS
    No, it’s not a mistake – both the nude shoot and the tribal editorial are my favorite photoshoots this season. I’ve been going back and forth between the two, and it’s literally impossible for me to decide which is better and which is worse, because they are stunning in their own ways, so I might as well crown both. I’m ranking this first simply because it’s done earlier. This is seriously one of the best nude shoots I’ve ever seen. It really shows it’s possible to create magic without a lot of elements but just good photography and styling.

Best: Kiki

My favorite contestant did the best in my favorite photoshoot and delivered one of my favorite pictures of the season. You can really see Kiki’s experience shine through here. Her pose is so smooth and shows off her body really well. I love how she put the handbag on her head as if it’s a hat. It’s creative, and it works. The color of her hair makes me swoon, and she looks gorgeous in the makeup. This is basically a flawless shot.

Worst: Shi Hui

I told you Shi Hui is the least photogenic contestant in the competition. She did the worst thrice in her short four-week stay. The makeup is too comedic for my liking – namely the thick brows and all that – and her eyes are completely lifeless. Half of her face being hidden in the shadows bothers me as well. Onto her body, her neck is beyond short and tense, and the pose is also extremely awkward. Overall, it seems like she’s finding posing nude in front of a camera very embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewantm View Post
    This...?

Now I can't unsee it either.
    Yes girl, that photo!

SCREAMING looking at it again. Lol.

Write ups, amazing as always btw.

Quote Originally Posted by IWokeUpLikeThis View Post
    Write ups, amazing as always btw.
    Thanks!

Here's the last update. I hope you've enjoyed this ranking

Spoiler:  
    WEEK 11: TRIBAL WEAR IN THE WILDERNESS
    This looks like a real fashion editorial. Every aspect of this photoshoot Ė from the scenery to the photography Ė is stunning. One thing that particularly bothers me is how Xue Feiís hair was styled like a rooster and Xiís a monkey, but overall this is a fantastic shoot, and because of that I wanted to rank all four pictures, but I ultimately ditched that idea because Iím lazy and want to maintain a coherent format.

Best: Liu

I think Kiki and Liu are again neck and neck this week, but Liu did overall better in my opinion. This is easily her best performance in the competition. The styling looks gorgeous on her, and her body looks slamming even if the lower half of it is invisible in the gigantic skirt. I also really like her commanding pose and long neck. Wonderful photo.

Worst: Xi

She was sabotaged in my opinion. I donít remember how well she performed on set, but I believe there were better shots than this Ė one in which she doesnít even look ready. It seems like sheís still adjusting her position, and she looks clueless. Also, the hair makes her look like a monkey. Still, I canít deny that this is a weak picture.

Photo of the season, this photoshoot is rightfully in first

Great ranking!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456