Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 • Cornucopia

Achievements

Round 1 • Cornucopia

Welcome to the first annual Hunger Games!

As this is the first round, it will work a little differently from future rounds. In the center of the map there lies a cornucopia filled with supplies. If you choose to enter the cornucopia you will get the chance to access these supplies. But, of course, you will have some competition. Only this once you will have the chance to not only deal damage to another tribute by doing well in the combat challenge, but also gain an advantage.

Within the cornucopia there will be no PvP attack or evasion. Everyone will compete in a skill challenge with those in their area.

Each tribute will be sent the map and reminded of their speed.
    They must select where to move to on the map.
    They may move a number of spaces up to their current speed stat.
    Moving is optional but recommended.

You will all start in an area based on your district with no 2 tributes from the same district starting in the same area.
    The starting areas are B3, B4, C2, C5, D2, D5, E3 & E4.

As you can see the cornucopia is located in the center of these areas.

THE MAP

There will be no random encounters this round outside of the cornucopia. You will still be able to enter PvP combat outside of the cornucopia, but it will not gain you any advantages.

PvP Encounter

If 2 tributes end up in the same area a PvP encounter will automatically occur. At this point each tribute must chose to either fight their opponent or flee the encounter.

I. If both tributes choose to flee, they will both move to adjacent empty areas chosen at random where a random event may still occur.
    - In the event more than 2 tributes land in the same area, they will all be asked if they would like to fight or flee. If all tributes flee, they will all avoid the attack and will all move to adjacent empty areas and be eligible for random events. If there are not enough empty adjacent areas for all fleeing tributes, only those with the highest evasion stats will move. Those who do not move will not be eligible for random encounters.

II. If one tribute choses to attack and the other choses to flee, the attacking tributes ATTACK stat must be higher than their opponents EVASION stat in order for the attack to be successful. If they attack is successful, the attacking tribute will must choose if they will face off in a LUCK or SKILL challenge and they will face off in a fight (see FIGHT PHASE below). If the attacking tributes ATTACK stat is lower than their opponents EVASION stat, the attack will be unsuccessful and the fleeing tribute will move to an empty adjacent area but will not be eligible for a random event.
    - In the event more than 2 tributes land in the same area, they will all be asked if they would like to fight or flee. If some choose fight and some choose flee the attacking tributes ATTACK stat must be higher than their opponents EVASION stat. If multiple tributes attack they will automatically enter a FIGHT PHASE and will be automatically susceptible to damage from all other tributes who compete in the challenge. The attacking tribute with the highest attack stat will choose if the challenge is LUCK or SKILL. If the fleeing tribute has an EVASION stat higher then all ATTACK stats, they will avoid the fight and move to an empty adjacent area but will not be eligible for a random encounter. If their EVASION stat is not higher then all of the attacking tributes ATTACK stats, they will enter a FIGHT PHASE but will only be eligible to receive damage from tributes whose attack stat is higher than their EVASION stat.

III. If both tributes choose fight, the tribute with the higher attack score will choose if they will face off in a LUCK or SKILL challenge and they will face off in a fight (see FIGHT PHASE below).
    - In the event more than 2 tributes land in the same area, they will all be asked if they would like to fight or flee. If all tributes choose to ATTACK, the tribute with the highest attack score will choose if they will face off in a LUCK or SKILL challenge and they will face off in a fight (see FIGHT PHASE below). All tributes will be susceptible to damage from all other tributes in this scenario.

In the event an attack is successful, the tributes involved in each attack will move to the fight phase. The strongest attacker will chose 1 of 2 types of fights. If there is a tie for strongest attacker, their selections for which type of challenge they would like will be used as votes. If there is a tie vote, the type of challenge will be chosen at random.

Luck

All tributes involved in luck fights will be playing a game similar to rock/paper/scissors called Arrow/Sword/Shield. The Sword cuts The Arrow, The Arrow pierces the Shield, and The Shield blocks the Sword. The tributes will be asked to send me 10 rounds of this game. In a 1 on 1 fight, the first person to win 3 in a row will be declared the winner and will deal 2 damage to their opponents HP.

Luck challenges with 3 or more tributes will work a little differently. Each round a tribute will score a point for each tribute they beat that round. So assuming there are 3 tributes, if 2 tributes choose SWORD and 1 choses chooses SHIELD, the tribute who chose SHIELD would score 2 points and the other 2 tributes would score 0 because no one chose ARROW. At the end of 10 rounds, the tributes will be ranked based on the number of points they gained. Those in the top 50% will each be given the chance to deal 2 points to any losing tribute(s) they are eligible to attack who score lower than them in the challenge. This number will be rounded down if there are an odd number of tributes in the fight.

Skill

Skill challenges are variable. These are normal RTVG challenges that I typically use for my games and will mostly consist of logic puzzles and flash games. They may also include jigsaw puzzles, slide puzzles, mazes and other similar challenges. Scoring for these challenges will be variable, but similar to how I would normally score them. In a 1 on 1 fight, the better performer in the challenge will be declared the winner and will deal 2 damage to their opponents HP. In the event there are 2 or more, the top 50% will each be given the chance to deal 2 points to any losing tribute(s) they are eligible to attack who score lower than them in the challenge. This number will be rounded down if there are an odd number of tributes in the fight.

Skill challenges will also be used for tributes who have random encounters. Instead of competing against specific tributes in your area, you will be attempting to score in the top 50% of all tributes who compete in the challenge.

*All challenges are optional, but choosing not to participate in a challenge may have consequences depending on why you're eligible to compete in a challenge. Anyone who chooses not to compete, gets a strike, or throws a challenge will not be counted in the overall score used to decide who is in the top 50% for a random encounter. Anyone who gets a strike in a PvP challenge will take 1 additional damage on top of whatever damage they may take from their opponent(s).

As you may have noticed, there are 24 tributes but only 21 players.
    The 3 unused tributes will serve as "NPC" events that will work like a mix of combat and random encounters.
    If found, they can and should be killed. But they won't go without a fight.

Last edited by eagle2ch; 06-23-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Achievements

I love the avatars <3

Achievements

Something I forgot to mention in the PM:

You have 24 hours for this and every phase.

Also, thank you Aly. This season of The Hunger Games was sponsored by H&M

Achievements

Onyx: I come from District 6, the transportation district. As a career train attendant, I've spent my whole life pasting on a plastic smile as I ride through a nightmarish hell of arrogant passengers, crying babies, rickety drink carts, and sexual harassment. Payback is going to be so, so sweet.

Achievements

Basiquo: Who’s gonna gather firewood? Who’s gonna build our camp? We’re not actually going to start killing one another, right? This place looks really good for a wild camping trip haha! Did someone bring a guitar for us to sing songs around the fireplace?

Tyree: I’m too sexy to be killed, ugh!

Cara: Peace out

This bitch will not be the hoe who die first

Achievements

Basiquo: Rhuba looks so much like Kylie Minogue! "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" is such a bop tbh haha xD!

Achievements

Phyllis: Do I look like I want to die? I ain't playing, I'm getting out of here. How do alliances/packs even work in this game?

Achievements

Clara; The universal energy is leading me to believe that I will be alright amongst these strangers.

Drew: Competition? Bitch where

Achievements

another beautiful day!! I don't know who'd want to kill me... I mean I'm so pleasant to be around!!

Achievements

Spoiler:  

Achievements

Achievements

Sorry for the hold up, I have to go out of town tonight and will be back just in time to work tomorrow so after that I intend to sleep. Unfortunately because of all that I will not be able to update again until probably Thursday. Again, I am sorry and I hope y'all don't hold it against me.

now are the glory days 🌙 Phoenix's Avatar

Achievements

take ur time miss ho no worries

entry 1, day 1 of ???

dear diary,

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I WAS ****ING REAPED.

OMFG WHY ME??????

i'm just a le petite french girl from ze district of ze grain!!!! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS.

i've never met such strange people in my entire life!!?!!?! back at home, my family and i just minded our business, hoped we had enough to eat, and talked civilly amongst ourselves!!!! HERE????? THERE'S PEOPLE MAKING PUNS OUT OF THEIR NAMES, SWEARING AT EACH OTHER, AND THIS GUY NAMED BASIC OR SOMETHING THINKS THIS IS LIKE ONE OF THOSE SUMMER CAMPS I READ IN MY NOVELS ALL THE TIME?!?!?!?!?!

I WANNA GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

I'M GONNA TRY AND FIND A WAY OUT OF HERE. I AM N O T LEAVING THIS HELL SEALED IN A COFFIN.

love,
    valerie

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2ch View Post
    Sorry for the hold up, I have to go out of town tonight and will be back just in time to work tomorrow so after that I intend to sleep. Unfortunately because of all that I will not be able to update again until probably Thursday. Again, I am sorry and I hope y'all don't hold it against me.
    I will be out of town Thursday till Monday and if I have to do any computer based challenges I will not be able to

#RPDR9 Yvie Oddly | Brooke Lynn Hytes | Plastique Tiara | Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

#iServeFace

Achievements

Though random encounters will not happen this round, multiple tributes have entered the same area as other tributes and have been informed of their PvP options.

Nearly half of the total tributes have entered cornucopia areas.
    They will compete in this rounds challenge shortly.

Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast