Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: RPDR AS 4 Rumors and Spoilers Thread

I've got a feeling Naomi Smalls has this in the bag -- They'll frame her eventual AS win as it being the most beneficial to her in elevating her name amongst the likes of Latrice/Manila/Monet/Valentina, who are already viewed as being iconic.

NAOMI FTW!!!

I like Naomi, but if you compare her to the likes of Alaska or Trixie, she doesn't make sense as a winner to me. What do you see when you go to a Naomi Smalls show? Her "modeling" while lipsyncing for an hour and a half? What other enterprises/ventures does she have? She doesn't do music, she isn't a particularly strong actress, comedy isn't her thing, a makeup or fashion collaboration would probably make most sense with her, I suppose, but we haven't really seen that either (a part from M.U.G. on WOWPresents, if you want to count that).

I think Naomi's fabulous, but when I think of an All Star winner, it wouldn't be her.
    F/W 2018

Spoiler:  
    Thom Browne - Sacai - Jacquemus - Loewe - Marni - Dries Van Noten - Sies Marjan
    Lisa Vollebregt - Inès Oussaidi - Ayobami Okekunle - Anok Yai - Assa Baradji - Anyelina Rosa - Nayeli Figueroa

VILLAINTINA 4 the win please

I like Naomi but as a winner? Hmm need to see her performance for that. Valentina and Manila screams winner to me like Alaska on S2

NTM 18
    Beauty, Jach, Pim | Fee, Naomi, Rikkie | Julia, Katya | Kasia, Natalia, Oliwia | Vivienne

Quote Originally Posted by basicusername View Post
    I like Naomi, but if you compare her to the likes of Alaska or Trixie, she doesn't make sense as a winner to me. What do you see when you go to a Naomi Smalls show? Her "modeling" while lipsyncing for an hour and a half? What other enterprises/ventures does she have? She doesn't do music, she isn't a particularly strong actress, comedy isn't her thing, a makeup or fashion collaboration would probably make most sense with her, I suppose, but we haven't really seen that either (a part from M.U.G. on WOWPresents, if you want to count that).

I think Naomi's fabulous, but when I think of an All Star winner, it wouldn't be her.
    Violet & Tyra were just look queens that won so I’m sure Naomi can do the same & she has a little more charisma than Violet & definitely more than Tyra. Besides, it’s getting a little tiresome and boring to have the obvious pick for the winner win. Plus obvious pick for winner doesn’t always mean deserving (AS3 says hello).

That's the difference between a regular season winner and an All-Star season winner, though---I think one of the requirements for being an All-Star winner is being a well-rounded performer able to do it all and on a major scale, whereas regular season winners are granted more room to have a niche area of expertise/not be so strong in other areas. Again, I wonder: what would Naomi really do as an All-Star winner?
    F/W 2018

Spoiler:  
    Thom Browne - Sacai - Jacquemus - Loewe - Marni - Dries Van Noten - Sies Marjan
    Lisa Vollebregt - Inès Oussaidi - Ayobami Okekunle - Anok Yai - Assa Baradji - Anyelina Rosa - Nayeli Figueroa

Achievements

All-Stars puts a HUGE emphasis on "legacy", what's Naomis legacy exactly? Swimsuits & legs?

Coming

Quote Originally Posted by basicusername View Post
    That's the difference between a regular season winner and an All-Star season winner, though---I think one of the requirements for being an All-Star winner is being a well-rounded performer able to do it all and on a major scale, whereas regular season winners are granted more room to have a niche area of expertise/not be so strong in other areas. Again, I wonder: what would Naomi really do as an All-Star winner?
    x2

Naomi and well-rounded aren't even in the same sentence. At least with Trixie even if she's painfully average imo, I can say that she's at least well-rounded.

AsNTM 6: Mia | Pim | Dana | Beauty | Adela | Sharnie
    SNTM 3: Saviour | Mauritius | Vivienne | Jeromie
    HNTM 11: ​Tim | Daan | Cecilia | Ramanda

Quote Originally Posted by rehthea View Post
    x2

Naomi and well-rounded aren't even in the same sentence. At least with Trixie even if she's painfully average imo, I can say that she's at least well-rounded.
    not really but go awf

I get what you’re saying, but whether it be AS or a regular season, Ru doesn’t really change the criteria for who he picks as the winner. Whether a queen wins all-stars or a regular season, they’re still given the same platform. That’s why I feel like if Naomi were to win, it’d be another Violet-esque win & I think she’d carry the crown in a similar manner. Now what I will say is if that’s the case than I’d agree with you in not wanting her to win, but for all we know she could very well slay the competition and be totally deserving of the crown.

i am screaming i really cant believe some of you wont handle a naomi win when we already have trixie as a winner

Phix2 did say that this was rigged for the queen with the most following, so...

I'll be happy with a Naomi win <3

I wasn’t down for a Trixie win and I am also not down for a Naomi win. But obviously I’m still going to watch lol
    AsNTM: Adela • Beauty • Jachin • Pim • Rubini

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819