Round IX

Chrissy • FashionLover
    Christina • dirrtyER
    Hali • Aly
    JP • uno
    Ken • 1331nj
    Michaela • Lou
    Silas • RiddleMeThis

Cirie: Congratulations for surviving yet another round! With each elimination, you get closer and closer to final Tribal Council. I can now reveal that Debbie's key, for the Treasure Chest, is the Lavender Key. Since this post has been submitted, you may now send in new guesses for the Treasure Chest.

Cirie: Welcome, everyone, to our ninth Immunity Challenge of the season! Here's what you all are competing for:

Individual Immunity is up for grabs. Here's a reminder of the challenge rules:

• Immunity Challenges: Each round, you will have 24 Hours / 1 Day to participate in the Immunity Challenge. These are generally timed challenges, although it will vary from round to round. During the pre-merge, the best performing tribe(s) will be safe, while the losing tribe(s) will be sent to Tribal Council to eliminate one of their members. On the losing tribe, the single player with the best individual performance will earn Individual Immunity. After the merge, the single competitor with the best score will win Individual Immunity.
    • Timed Challenges: In general, challenges in this game will be timed unless otherwise noted in the instructions. This means that how long it takes you to complete a challenge will be recorded by me and used either to determine your score or used as a tiebreaker. Time is calculated in minutes. It is based on RTVG’s official clock (at the bottom of the screen). Your time is the time you sent me your answers minus the time you opened the PM. Example: If you sent the message at 4:17 PM and opened it at 3:59 PM, your time is 18 minutes.
    • Outside Resources: You may use online resources such as Google, Sudoku solvers, whatever you can find that’s helpful to complete challenges. That being said, you may not post any of the challenge questions or answers to a website (like answers.com or something).
    • Cheating: Do not conspire with other RTVG members/players in the game to cheat at a challenge. Things considered cheating: forwarding the challenge PM to another person, discussing the challenge contents before results are posted, working together with other players to figure out the answers. If you cheat in some other way I haven’t thought of but is in this same vein, I will consider it cheating as well. I reserve the right to sanction any player who breaks this rule, with the likely result being expulsion from the game.
    • Cheating Accusations: Do not baselessly accuse someone of cheating. Trying to degrade or cast a shadow on someone’s challenge win because you don’t like them or as a strategy is not the kind of drama I would not like in this game. Please raise any legitimate cheating concerns you have to me via PM so that I can adjudicate them as fairly as possible.
    • Host Errors: In the event I make an error in creating the challenge, I will make a judgment call. If my error completely destroyed the integrity challenge, or affected some people and not others, I’ll have a redo. If it was a minor error that affected everyone equally, I may simply throw out the question.
    • Transferring Individual Immunity: Any holder of an Individual Immunity Necklace may reassign this to another player of his/her choice at the same Tribal Council if so desired.

Today's challenge is called Apple of Eden. This challenge is timed.

Deadline: 24 Hours
    Is taking a screenshot necessary? No.
    Is image uploading necessary? No.
    Is image editing necessary? No.
    What is the scoring system? Score (out of 210); then time; then TB

Achievements

Cirie: The submissions are in! First, let's see what the challenge entailed:

Spoiler:  
    Today’s challenge is a slightly twisted version of the Survivor Auction. Individually (and privately, without the opportunity to discuss strategy with fellow contestants), you must anticipate other players’ choices to win bids. You have a total of $1,000 to spend on this auction, in two different categories.

The highest bid on any given item will win. However, there’s a twist. I won’t be accepting any tied bids. So, if the highest bids are identical, they will be thrown out and the next highest bids will prevail. In the event that no valid bids are submitted for one of the items, that item will not be given out.

In the Individual Immunity category, you are bidding for sets of points (ranging from 1 to 20). The player who buys points worth the most overall will win Individual Immunity. For example, you could buy the 4, 8, 15, and 16 points earning a total of 43 points. Is it worth investing in the most valuable hauls, or making cheaper bids to buy a lot of smaller sets of points? You’ll have to decide what approach to take. In the event of a tie in points at the end, time will be the tiebreaker, then the tiebreaker question. In the event that no one bids on any of the Immunity points, it is possible that no Individual Immunity necklace will be awarded this round.

In the Special Items category, you are bidding on five items that have some kind of game-changing effect. You will not know what these items are unless you buy them, and I will also not reveal who won these items. Bear in mind that a game-changing effect could be either positive or negative, though.

Please make bids in whole dollar increments. You may bid on as many or as few of the auction items as you like, but the sum total of your bids may not exceed $1,000. Any money you don’t bid will be wasted, so there’s no discernible advantage to withholding it.

Black Envelope

This envelope is coal black, almost as though it has been charred in a fire. Could there still be something inside of it?

Red Envelope

A crimson and possibly bloodstained envelope. Hopefully there’s something inside… and it’s not someone’s finger.

Tile Set

A set of three square tiles depicting the faces of departed contestants Edna, Kelly, and Francesca. Doesn’t it take you back to the past?

Vial

This vial contains a greasy-looking black liquid. I wonder what it’s for?

Odd Statue

This figurine looks familiar but you can’t quite recall where you’ve seen it before.
    Tiebreaker Question: How many minutes will everyone take on this challenge, combined? The closest without going over the correct answer will prevail.

Individual Immunity Bids

1 Point:
    2 Points:
    3 Points:
    4 Points:
    5 Points:
    6 Points:
    7 Points:
    8 Points:
    9 Points:
    10 Points:
    11 Points:
    12 Points:
    13 Points:
    14 Points:
    15 Points:
    16 Points:
    17 Points:
    18 Points:
    19 Points:
    20 Points:

Special Item Bids

Black Envelope:
    Red Envelope:
    Tile Set:
    Vial:
    Odd Statue:

Tiebreaker:

Now, let's look at the answers:

Spoiler:  
    N/A

Now, let's see how many points each of you won at the auction:

Spoiler:  

10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14

Spoiler:  

2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 7 + 8 + 9

Spoiler:  

17 + 18 + 19

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

6 + 15 + 16

Spoiler:  

Which means...

Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  

Chrissy has earned Individual Immunity! Congratulations, you cannot be voted off at the next Tribal Council.

Chrissy Christina Hali JP Ken Michaela Silas
    1 5 11
    2 15 12
    3 20 13
    4 30 14
    5 40 15
    6 45 16 150
    7 55 17
    8 60 18
    9 65 19 62
    10 100 65 20 62
    11 100 65 21 62
    12 100 85 22 62
    13 100 95 23 62
    14 100 94 24 62
    15 101 25 63 150 1
    16 101 26 65 200 1
    17 101 27 1
    18 151 18 1
    19 151 29
    20 30 200

Chrissy 60
    Hali 54
    Christina 38
    Michaela 37
    Ken 20
    JP 1
    Silas 0

I will be contacting the winners of special auction items shortly. I hope you've enjoyed your auction experience today!

Congrats! 💖

Christie • Cliff • David • Kathryn • Kemi • Nicole • Ovi • Sam • Tommy •

Achievements

Cirie: Welcome to Tribal Council, Cinza! First, let's bring in the jury:

Spoiler:  

Darrah...

Spoiler:  

...and Debbie, voted off at the last Tribal Council.

Remember, the jury is here to observe and gather information to help determine who they want to award the victory to. Keep that in mind as you make your decisions over the remaining rounds.

• Chrissy, congratulations on winning Individual Immunity with your effective bidding strategy! Considering how controversial your gameplay has been over the last round or so, how does it feel to be safe at this Tribal Council?
    • Christina, how does it feel knowing that every single player spent at least some of their auction money on the special powers? Does that only add to the paranoia, or do you feel better knowing that everyone at least tried for some of these game-altering items and it wasn't just you?
    • Hali, rumors seem to be circulating that you have opened the Treasure Chest. Is there anything you'd like to say in response to these rumors?
    • JP, are there still easy votes for you at this point in the game, or are we getting to a place where you're forced to make difficult choices between allies?
    • Ken, a lot of public bickering happened after Debbie's elimination at the last Tribal Council. Do you think the drama is beneficial to you, detrimental, or pretty much neutral?
    • Michaela, how do you feel overall about the results of your bidding strategy? Were you surprised by the results of the auction?
    • Silas, you seemed to bid very little at the Individual Immunity portion of the auction. Do you feel safe enough to go without Immunity, or were you hoping that the special auction items might be more valuable than one round of immunity?

As a reminder, failure to submit a valid vote will result in automatic elimination—even if you have Immunity, which would be both pathetic and hilarious. The firm deadline for all votes is 48 Hours. For more details on how Tribal Council works, please see the Rules & Procedures thread.

Good luck!

Achievements

Ken "Doll" McNickle :

Ken, a lot of public bickering happened after Debbie's elimination at the last Tribal Council.

Do you think the drama is beneficial to you, detrimental, or pretty much neutral?
    I think the drama is pretty much neutral to me. The thing is though, we all seems to think that Chrissy is the current public enemy no.1 right now and had she not won that Immunity Necklace, definitely.. I could say that her neck would be next on the chopping block. However, SHE PULLS A WIN ! GOOD FOR HER!

On the hindsight, we have 6 other people who are vulnerable for elimination today and it's kinda scary to think that the number is so small that you have to annihilate others to survive. With the fact that I mentioned publicly that Hali is a threat previously, I'm pretty positive that Hali is going to try and rally Ken as the target this round - LIKE HOW SHE DID LAST ROUND AFTER SAYING SHE AIN'T WRITING MY NAME DOWN . Are you the real Abi to my Woo? sorry Caio, Aly replaced you <3 .. but this statement is really nonsense anyway .. so please ignore me... but you allzzz can keep on continue reading

Anyway ~ .. I'm expecting to receive if not 1 vote then majority of the votes which is more than enough to get rid of me in this MchromoNicKleKen Island.

We also have to think about special powers from the Treasure Chest, which could be an idol, and the SPECIAL POWERSSS with extra ESSES that were bought in the auction yesterday. Ah~ This is gonna be a messy Tribal Council <3

A lot need to be think about and nobody is really safe this TC minus miss messy, Missy & Baylor. I meant, Chrissy.

Spoiler:  

Chrissy <3

Big Brother 21: Christie, Cliff, Kathryn, Kemi, Nick, Nicole

now are the glory days 🌙 Phoenix's Avatar

Achievements

OOP

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    OOP

Achievements

Can we get an extension? Because somebody is probably going to be expelled from the game for not voting.

JK about the extension request but not the latter.

Spoiler:  

Achievements

The 48 hours already is an extension for a game that should have only 24 hour deadlines... so no.

Achievements

• Michaela, how do you feel overall about the results of your bidding strategy? Were you surprised by the results of the auction?

I think I probably didn't do too well, judging by me not winning Immunity. I just didn't know what in the world I was doing. Clearly the people around me are smarter. But Idk, hopefully these powers aren't too crazy out here. I was surprised to see Chrissy win. But I mean it is an unpredictable challenge... also she seemed to have used a super smart strategy. She also clearly wanted to be here because she made sure to get enough points. SO congratulations to her.

#RPDR9 Yvie Oddly | Brooke Lynn Hytes | Plastique Tiara | Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

#iServeFace

Achievements

Cirie: Time to see the results of this latest vote, Cinza. First, if anyone would like to play a Hidden Immunity Idol, now would be the time to do so.

Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  

Christina: I'm going to play this Idol on myself.

Cirie: Alright, thank you Christina. Any votes for—

Spoiler:  
    Hali: Miss Cirie, There's been some weird vibes around camp today and I'd like to end the gossip about my chest right now...

Hali pulls an idol out of her cleavage.

Hali: Let the trainwreck commence.

Cirie: I can confirm that this is the special power from the Treasure Chest... the Prismatic Idol!

As a Hidden Immunity Idol it cancels out the usage of the standard Hidden Immunity Idols. That means Christina, your idol usage has been effectively nullified.

But what else does this Prismatic Idol do?

A prism operates by splitting a beam of light into its component colors, generating a rainbow effect. In a similar way, the Prismatic Idol operates by splitting a Tribal Council vote into its component parts.

Here’s what will happen. Due to the power of the Prismatic Idol, only one vote for each player will count. Any votes after the first for each player will not count.

There will definitely be a tie.

Brace yourselves.

Once I've read the votes, the decision is final. Anyone who does not receive a vote will still be eligible to vote in the impending revote.

First vote...

Spoiler:  

1 vote Ken.

Second vote...

Spoiler:  

1 vote Hali,
    1 vote Ken.

Third vote...

Spoiler:  

Hali, does not count.

1 vote Hali,
    1 vote Ken.

Fourth vote...

Spoiler:  

This is a Black Ballot. This ruined parchment does not count as a valid vote for any player.

1 vote Hali,
    1 vote Ken.

Fifth vote...

Spoiler:  

Hali, does not count.

1 vote Hali,
    1 vote Ken.

Sixth vote...

Spoiler:  

1 vote Hali,
    1 vote JP,
    1 vote Ken.

Final vote...

Spoiler:  

We have a four-way tie. Who knew that rainbows could be this much of a mess?

Vote Total:

Hali (excess): 2
    Christina: 1
    Hali: 1
    JP: 1
    Ken: 1
    Black Ballot

We have a tie between Christina, Hali, JP, and Ken! Here's what will happen. Everyone else—Chrissy, Michaela, and Silas, will vote for one of the four tied players. Votes will be due within 24 hours, meaning I'll post results as soon as I have them. However, 48 hours is the firm limit for expulsion.

If the re-vote results in any form of tie, the vote will be considered to be Deadlocked and we will proceed to that game condition, which is outlined in the Rules & Procedures. I'll post more details on the re-vote in a bit.

Aren't prisms cool?

Achievements

Achievements

WOW

Someone dun GOT CAUGHT in a two way LIE! AND TOLD ME TO VOTE FOR SOMEONE THEY WEREN'T EVEN VOTING FOR.... NO PUEDO

#iServeFace

Interesting.

**GRABS POPCORN AND GETS READY TO SCREAM**

I threw up in my mouth twice!

Achievements

Cirie: Since the Prismatic Idol created a four-way tie at this Tribal Council, we will revote. You may now only vote for Christina, Hali, JP, or Ken. Christina, Hali, JP, and Ken, you are not eligible to vote.

This will be due in 24 hours, however, you can request up to a 24-hour extension for this vote if needed.

In the event of a second tied vote, I will consider Cinza to be Deadlocked. In the event of a Deadlock, Christina, Hali, JP, and Ken will become safe. Since Chrissy has Individual Immunity, she would also be safe. As per the rules, this means that Michaela and Silas would compete in the Deadlock challenge. The worse performing competitor will be eliminated in the place of Christina, Hali, JP, or Ken.

Achievements

Mess

Spoiler:  

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by 1331nj View Post
    Mess

#iServeFace

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast