Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Greece Next Top Model 3

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

I asked Aly in bb thread.

Guys it just started like 15min ago ...and I already feel like it is going to be major!

There was this fisrt girl now auditioning, beautiful..but with lip fillers. Vicky was really really furious, she was just like... "why did you do it? Who told you so? What kind of trend is this? The Kardashian trend?"
    Vicky going hard, bashing her, Gee I live for this! And damn so right! Girl, bye.

Whats happening?

I will give you a detailed update tomorrow

the episode was good overall

Next week's episode is gonna be Casting Week in Athens Part II.

So yeah, I can imagine there will be at least 5 casting episodes but I am fine with it because they are well produced and edited. We also get to see each girl get 5-6 min screentime and the episode's full time is well balanced between rejectees and girls who are moving on.

Next step is for us to move this to the main section as it is airing!

Achievements

You can say editing is amazing when I watched some bits of casting episodes not understanding language and enjoyed it.

Let me know if you need help understanding specific parts of the episode and I will do my best to give you a brief summary of what was said

Quote Originally Posted by Zavarakatranemia View Post
    Let me know if you need help understanding specific parts of the episode and I will do my best to give you a brief summary of what was said
    I know it's hard but i would love a recap of the ep(just briefly what the judges said) , not understanding the language is so frustrating. If you can't ,it's ok, i sort of understand if the judge like the girl or not.

I agree that GrNTM very well produce, i love the camera work, the whole episode is just pleased the eyes & i did enjoy the ep

If Aly doesnt create a subforum i may put all of the threads to GNTM 13 and have them stickied

NTM 18
    Beauty, Jach, Pim | Fee, Naomi | Julia, Katya | Kasia, Natalia, Oliwia

Achievements

I even created a seperate thread in BB sub-forum but it got deleted.

Maybe we once again write to Aly?

RECAP

The episode starts with a brief intro, a video showing some of the next steps of the competition and the judges talking about what they're looking for and how they got into fashion.
    Vicky is excited that GrNTM is back and wants to find a model who is no cookie cutter.
    Angelos is a designer who loves simplicity but thinks it's extremely rare to find a girl who has the whole package.
    Ilianna is a successful Greek model in NYC and she understands the importance of punctuality and professionalism required for this profession.
    Dimitris is the photographer who loves models whose features may not be 'perfect' but the final image works. He loves pictures that makes you look at them again and again and also when photos have an affect on you, emotionally.

After that, the judges make their fierce entrance in the panel and from that point til the end, it is one contestant after the other doing casting. Here are the ones we saw on Episode 1, in order of appearance:

Ioanna Bella was the first one. She works as a model, is 6ft tall (183cm) and she has done her lips and breasts and has also fake eyelashes.
    All of them kind of pointed their finger at her for making those decisions, they were kind of harsh imo. They were keep telling her she is gorgeous but that she has 'ruined' her look.
    Vicky: If you were serious about modeling, then why did you do all this surgery? What kind of trend are you following? You need to change many things, but it is a Yes.
    Ilianna: undo your lips, take off your eyelashes and for me it is a Yes.
    Angelos: I can't work with your fake breasts, No.
    Dimitris: I can't control your lips in a photo, No. What kind of message should we send to young girls watching us?

Poor girl, I felt bad for her.

Next up, another Ioanna, also 6ft tall. She is studying Physical Education. She got criticism for her ass not being toned enough and also her legs being too big for fashion modeling.
    They loved her face overall and Dimitris said she could even be the winner.
    Ilianna asked her to stop doing running and weights because she needs to work on her lower body. They all said yes and she is through the next round.

Next up was Garyfallia, 5'7ish, also a uni student. She has lots of confidence even though she's been through bullying and is sure that she will be a contender.
    They all liked her overall, Vicky made her pose with Ilianna for some seconds and they god gaga for some reason. Dimitris was kind of creepy watching her up close and keep telling her she is gorge. They also liked her body that is slim and has no body fat.

This girl was shy but then she wore this swimsuit which got the judges confused. They complimented her body but said that's not enough. They weren't crazy about her face and also about her posing. They made her pose on the floor but she failed miserably. She got eliminated.

Maria, height unknown was the first plus size to appear in the episode. She said she is not starving and knows she is curvy but she has been watching top model sicne a little girl. She freaked out the judges because she has piercings on her face, tongue, nipples etc. Dimitris made an awful comment when she said about her nipples, sth like ''go put on your swim suit and come back with a whip''. She said she didn't like that comment. Generally, they liked her body in the swimsuit because it was well proportioned for a plussie and she got 3 yeses. Dimitris said no, and while she was leaving, she kissed everyone besides him. The shade! And then Dimitris was bitter, saying that it was unprofessional. Ilianna agreed, while Vicky and Angelos kind of told him to get a life and that is no big deal.

So then we had this girl who is 5' tall. 155cm that is. She was claiming that she wants to change the industry and that she represents ''something different''. She showed them her IG photo editorial projects shot by herself and they liked them. Dimitris was like you're too short to be a model to which she replied - why do designers make plus size clothing but not petite? Let's change that! Generally, she had that attitude of I am here to prove the industry wrong which was BS. Ilianna told her she is too short to even be a petite. However, when they asked her to make an IG story on the go (photo above), she did amazing according to them, and she got 3 yeses (Dimitris said no). She is through the next round... Mess

This girl was next, named Iro, 18 years old with plastic lips and breasts. They bashed her for making those choices. They brough in her mom and bashed her too, especially Dimitris. She will go to Cali for uni for business management and wants to do both Vogue and Maxim. Ilianna brought her back to reality, telling her that she will never do Vogue with that type of breasts and that neither she'll be able to Maxim because she is too reserved and not tall enough. I mean, OUCH! Anyway, they all said no and she went home.

Then we have this high fashion stunner (height unknown) who wowed them and for good reason. She has been working as a model since the age of 13 (she is 20 now), has a 7month girl, is a single mother and very mature. I loved her, she has the walk and everything. Dimitris said she is the kind of girl that inspired him as a photographer and Vicky started talking about Maria Carla being her bestie back in the day, which none of the judges gave a **** about, but then she kept going about other friends. Lol . Anyways, this stunner is through and Dimitris even said that Ioanna (the second one) has now competition for the title.

Last one was named Xanthi, is a plussie obvi and she was the only one who had some kind of funky personality. At first she was unsatisfied with being called a plus size model and said she likes no labels. Ilianna then said (behind her back, ofc) that she has no idea of what she can do in the industry because she doesn't want to admit she is a plus sizer. She has diabettes and Vicky said she can be a role model to millions of kids suffering from diabettes and she they also went gaga when they saw her posing because she was kind of flirty and fun. She is through and SPOILER: I saw her somewhere in the intro of the episode in one scene which means she makes it further than just round 2... So yeah..

Anyway I think that's all for episode 1. I believe I've covered it sufficiently. Oh! And we also got clips of some girls (3 or 4) but no interviews or details. They were all very pretty so I hope they made it.

Next week, like I said before, is gonna be Casting in Athens Part II.

If you have questions about Episode Uno, lemme kno'
    Last edited by Zavarakatranemia; 09-14-2018 at 10:08 AM.

oh, and btw, Ioanna Bella (the first rejectee) is in NYC atm, doing casting for VS. Check out her IG:

https://www.instagram.com/bella_ioanna/

^ yass thanks for the recap

But omg i didn't know they were so harsh on the girls body, make me realised other NTM don't follow the model body standards anymore,i guess it's closer to reality but kind of uneasy to watch

Poor the surgeries girls, they were not that bad, the bald judges is rude& creepy as the same time

The girls that got in so far are good though, especially baby MCB

Werkkk me GODDAMIT!! Ghetto Diva (Nabil)'s Avatar
    Loving the look of that 20 yo single mom.

Ioanna must be the most common name in Greece lol
    AsNTM: Adela • Beauty • Jachin • Pim • Rubini

Achievements

THANK YOU, ALY <3

Achievements

STUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra2011 View Post
    THANK YOU, ALY <3
    and it was put in the Germany's Next Top Model subforum.............................

lol

2018 FAVORITES

Piotr ♥ Beauty ♥ Tim ♥ Dmitry S.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast