Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 1,171 to 1,179 of 1179

Thread: The Entertainer 8 - Photoshoot I : Sunken Place by Jordan Peele

So we're back to the top 5 again!
    The movie industry is (hopefully) headed towards a better place as it has begun to acknowledge more on diversity and appreciate women.
    These last 2 themes will focus on that where we'll be taking inspiration from something related to the former this week. This week we'll be taking inspiration from Get Out.

Get out tells the story about a black man who is invited by her white girlfriend to visit her family for the weekend.
    There, he gets such weird and uneasy reception from the family and he begins to uncover the family's darkest secret.

The movie is actually more than that.
    It is about a horror life being someone who is born black.
    We'll be taking inspiration from one of the highlights from the movie, "Sunken Place".
    In the movie, as an attempt to stopping Chris (the main character's name) from smoking, the mother of the family, Missy, took Chris into her hypnotherapy session.
    As the hypnotises continued, Chris' soul was dropped to a void called "Sunken Place".

We later found out in the movie that the family were members of the cult who believed in the extension of human's life by moving someone's soul into another person's body.
    The process would be successful if the host of the body remained alive but he was supposed to gain no control over his body and that's what the purpose of the "sunken place".
    It was to make the host of the body have no control over his body.

WEEK 12: GET OUT

PHOTOSHOOT I

Sunken Place by Jordan Peele

Jordan Peele, the director of Get Out explained that "The Sunken Place means we’re marginalized. No matter how hard we scream, the system silences us."
    He later explained sunken place is this metaphor for the system that is suppressing the freedom of black people, of many outsiders, many minorities.
    There’s lots of different sunken places. But this one specifically became a metaphor for the prison-industrial complex, the lack of representation of black people in film, in genre.

For your first photoshoot, I want you to portray Jordan Peele's explanation about Sunken Place.
    Basically I want to see the feeling of being inside the sunken place.
    How does it feel to have no control of your body? To have someone taking control of your life?
    How does it feel like being silenced? How does it feel like being trapped/imprisoned in your life???

So there are 2 ways to do this task:
    1. Portray someone who has the lack of freedom in her life.
    2. Portray someone who is being controlled by some force in your shot.

Note: Description isn't allowed.

Rank The Models from Best to Worst Here.
    Do not reveal your vote in the thread.
    Post in the thread after you finish voting.
    No biased voting, no asking for votes.

Achievements

Ranked.

Voted.

Super tough decision this week, everyone really brought it
    F/W 2018

Spoiler:  
    Thom Browne - Sacai - Jacquemus - Loewe - Marni - Dries Van Noten - Sies Marjan
    Lisa Vollebregt - Inès Oussaidi - Ayobami Okekunle - Anok Yai - Assa Baradji - Anyelina Rosa - Nayeli Figueroa

Voted

natasha poly malgosia bela rianne van rompaey
    luna bijl • faretta • ellen rosa • kris grikaite
    anok yai cara taylor sara grace • fran summers

Achievements

V

Achievements

V.

"I will wear my heart upon my sleeve for daws to peck at. I am not what I seem to be."

Achievements

Ranked

くそくらえ。死ねえ 。くたばれ。
    謹んで申し上げます、くたばれ、ボケ。

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566