Britney • nathaniel
    Bronte • xymandopex
    Cassandra • CupidStunt
    Eric • Iron Muffin
    Ika • VULpicks.
    Neda • Aly
    Peter • RiddleMeThis
    Ross • eagle2ch

Welcome to Week #09 of Big Brother 6: Major Arcana! Great job surviving the eighth round. Our first order of business is to determine who will next be offered the position of Head of Household. Just a reminder, Cassandra's card has been placed at the bottom of the deck, while Tiffany's card has been removed entirely. I will now draw the top card from the deck.

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

ERIC STEIN

Eric, you have been offered the position of Head of Household! Please rise and approach the Oracle.

Everything happens for a reason.

You are offered a choice. If you accept the authority of Head of Household, you must name two houseguests as initial nominees for eviction. Remember, all houseguests will be participating in the Veto Competition, where the nominees will have a chance to be saved. Additionally, the position does not grant you immunity. In the event that no voter makes a valid prediction of the margin, the Joker Game will be triggered, putting you at risk of Eviction through the cooperation of the nominees.

If you reject the authority of Head of Household, you must instead draw a Tarot Card. Please be advised that the randomization for which card goes with which number occurred at 3:24 A.M. Pacific time, on February 5th. Evidence of the legality of this randomization has been uploaded as a private, unlisted video, which will be linked to at the conclusion of the game. Also included in the video is a shot of the brief descriptions of each twist associated with each card. This process is designed to assuage any concerns about rigging. Since everything has already been determined in a verifiable way, you can be assured that whichever card you draw was always going to be your destiny.

XIII. Death

At its worst, one of the cards—Death—will remove you from the competition instantaneously. The other twenty-one cards contain a variety of advantages, penalties, and twists which could disrupt the progress of the game. Currently, these cards [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22] are available for you to select. If you choose this path, indicate which card you have chosen to draw.

No matter which route you select, there is an element of risk and a potential reward of power. If you fail to make a valid decision within 24 hours, you will be expelled from the game for inactivity. Regardless of your choice, after it is made, your card will be placed at the bottom of the deck.

Please post your decision publicly in the thread.

Good luck!

Achievements

I have decided to use the powers vested in me by Satan to approve a minor extension for the Head of Household decision. To avoid dealing with the mess of daylight savings, the new deadline will be 11:59 PM Eastern. To be clear, that is an extension of 5 hours and 37 minutes from the originally posted deadline. If the decision is not posted by that time, the expulsion clause for inactivity will take effect.

Make the most of it.

Eric: Not an easy decision for me at all this week but I will be accepting the role of HOH and nominating Britney and Neda for eviction. Good luck in the veto ladies.

Achievements

Head of Household

Nominated for Eviction

As it is written, so mote it be. Eric has accepted power and placed Britney and Neda on the block. However, nothing is set in stone. Next, everyone will compete in the Veto Competition for the right to alter the nominations. Let's get to it.

Today's challenge is called Jewel Tones. This challenge is timed.

Deadline: 24 Hours
    Is taking a screenshot necessary? No.
    Is image uploading necessary? No.
    Is image editing necessary? No.
    What is the scoring system? Score (out of 8); then Time; then Tiebreaker Question (Closest without going over).

• Veto Competition: This season, all players will be participating in the Veto Competition each round. These are generally timed challenges, although it will vary from round to round. The player with the best performance will earn the Golden Power of Veto.
    • Timed Challenges: In general, challenges in this game will be timed unless otherwise noted in the instructions. This means that how long it takes you to complete a challenge will be recorded by me and used either to determine your score or used as a tiebreaker. Time is calculated in minutes. It is based on RTVG’s official clock (at the bottom of the screen). Your time is the time you sent me your answers minus the time you opened the PM. Example: If you sent the message at 4:17 PM and opened it at 3:59 PM, your time is 18 minutes.
    • Outside Resources: You may use online resources such as Google, Sudoku solvers, whatever you can find that’s helpful to complete challenges. That being said, you may not post any of the challenge questions or answers to a website (like answers.com or something).
    • Cheating: Do not conspire with other RTVG members/players in the game to cheat at a challenge. Things considered cheating: forwarding the challenge PM to another person, discussing the challenge contents before results are posted, working together with other players to figure out the answers. If you cheat in some other way I haven’t thought of but is in this same vein, I will consider it cheating as well. I reserve the right to sanction any player who breaks this rule, with the likely result being expulsion from the game.
    • Cheating Accusations: Do not baselessly accuse someone of cheating. Trying to degrade or cast a shadow on someone’s challenge win because you don’t like them or as a strategy is not the kind of drama I would not like in this game. Please raise any legitimate cheating concerns you have to me via PM so that I can adjudicate them as fairly as possible.
    • Host Errors: In the event I make an error in creating the challenge, I will make a judgment call. If my error completely destroyed the integrity challenge, or affected some people and not others, I’ll have a redo. If it was a minor error that affected everyone equally, I may simply throw out the question.

May the fates weave your destiny in golden thread.

Achievements

The deadline for Jewel Tones has passed. First, let's look at the challenge:

Spoiler:  
    You are presented with eight jewels of different sizes and weights. Each gem represents a different weight value from 1 to 8, using only whole numbers.

You have been given five balanced equations to help figure out how much each jewel weighs. Simply respond with a ranking of the jewels from lightest (weight of 1) to heaviest (weight of 8).

Tiebreaker Question: How many minutes will everyone spend on this challenge, combined? The closest without going over the correct answer will prevail.

5 Sapphires and 1 Amethyst balance 2 Opals and 1 Ruby
    3 Garnets and 2 Emeralds balance 1 Diamond and 3 Sapphires
    1 Sapphire, 1 Garnet, and 1 Diamond balance 1 Ruby
    1 Topaz and 1 Sapphire balance 1 Opal
    1 Amethyst and 1 Sapphire balance 1 Topaz, 2 Diamonds, and 1 Garnet
    TB:

Answers:

Spoiler:  
    1. Garnet
    2. Diamond
    3. Sapphire
    4. Emerald
    5. Topaz
    6. Ruby
    7. Amethyst
    8. Opal
    TB: 239

Now, let's find out the winner of the seventh Golden Power of Veto! The winner is...

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Congratulations, Bronte! You now have 24 hours to decide if you will use the Golden Power of Veto on either of the nominees, or not at all. If you fail to post your decision within 24 hours, the nominees will remain the same by default. Eric, if Bronte removes one of your nominees from the block, you must name a replacement within 24 hours.

Score Time TB
    xymandopex Bronte 8 14 40
    RiddleMeThis Peter 8 25 67
    Aly Neda 8 73 222
    VULpicks. Ika 2 8 32
    CupidStunt Cassandra 1 2 35
    nathaniel Britney 1 25 30
    eagle2ch Ross 1 40 N/A
    Iron Muffin Eric 0 52 300

Achievements

come on, math whiz bronteman!
    feigning disinterest in something while actually desiring it.

Achievements

--takes a seat because she realizes she can't count--

congrats, brontesaurus rex.

Those equations were easy peasy Keep giving me math challenges and I'll give you what you like

I have decided ///// not to use the power of veto. Good luck in the vote /////

Achievements

Power of Veto

Decision: Not Used

Nominated for Eviction

Bronte has decided against changing Eric's nominations. Britney and Neda, I'm afraid that means you must face the threat of Eviction at the hands of your fellow Houseguests.

Head of Household

Nominated for Eviction

It's time for our ninth Eviction of the season. Our nominees, Britney and Neda, are not eligible to vote. Neither is Eric; however, as Head of Household he will be called upon to break a tie in the event that at least one vote has been validly cast.

The remaining five houseguests have a simple task, to be completed within 24 hours, that becomes somewhat complicated when you consider the implications. You must vote to evict either Britney or Neda. Along with your vote, you must predict the margin, using one of these choices: 5-0, 4-1, or 3-2. Please note that it does not matter which nominee receives which value. You are simply predicting the division of votes, not assigning the values to a specific houseguest.

Only votes that come with the correct prediction will count, meaning that it is likely that fewer than 5 votes will determine the true outcome this round. The nominee the majority chose to evict could even stay, if enough votes against them have been canceled. For a full detailing of the eviction procedure, along with descriptions of various trainwreck scenarios, see below:

• Voter Eligibility: After the conclusion of the Veto Ceremony, the two final nominees will face an eviction vote. The nominees and Head of Household will not be eligible to vote.
    • Eviction Voting: Each eligible voter must cast a vote to evict one of the two Nominees. However, this alone is not enough. Each voter must also make a prediction of the vote margin. This prediction must be a valid margin. For example, with 11 voters, the valid margin predictions are 11-0, 10-1, 9-2, 8-3, 7-4, and 6-5.
    • Vote Validity: After all voters have submitted their eviction vote and margin prediction, I will calculate the results. Eviction votes will only be valid if the margin prediction is correct (regardless of which nominee received the predicted number of votes). That means that any player who casts an eviction vote with an incorrect prediction will have their eviction vote voided.
    • Results: At each eviction, I will announce which players made a correct prediction; and then the results of their votes alone, resulting in an eviction.
    • Failure to Vote: Any player who is required to vote but fails to do so, or casts an invalid vote, or casts a vote with an improper prediction (e.g., predicting a 59-0 vote when there are only three voters), and does not correct this within 48 hours (the original 24 hours plus a possible 24 hour extension), will be expelled from the game. This will cancel any eviction that would have taken place.
    • Tie: In the event that there is a tie (of at least 1-1, meaning at least some of the votes counted), the Head of Household must break the tie by casting an eviction vote for one of the two final nominees. If the Head of Household fails to cast the tie-breaking vote within 24 hours, the Head of Household will be expelled from the game and the eviction will be canceled.
    • No Valid Votes: In the event that no valid votes have been cast, the two nominees will participate in a prisoner’s dilemma called The Joker Game.
    • The Joker Game: The two nominees will have 24 hours to submit either a Black Joker or a Red Joker to me via private message. If either nominee fails to make a valid choice within 24 hours, that nominee will be evicted. However, if the nominees do both submit valid choices, there are a number of possible outcomes:
        Spoiler:  
      Red/Red: If both nominees choose the Red Joker, they will both be evicted.
      Red/Black: If one nominee chooses Red, while the other chooses Black, the nominee that chose Red will survive while the nominee that chose Black will be evicted.
      Black/Black: If both nominees choose Black, the nominees will both survive and the Head of Household will be evicted instead.

Nominees, I highly recommend that you campaign in public and/or in private to the voters to save yourselves.

May your predictions lead you to the futures you envision!

Achievements

Head of Household

Nominated for Eviction

Welcome to our ninth Eviction of the season. The five votes have been cast, along with valid predictions, so it's time to see the results. Britney and Neda, based on the results of the vote, one of you may be Evicted tonight. In the event that an Eviction occurs, the Evicted houseguest will have only a few moments to gather her belongs, say her goodbyes, and leave the Big Brother house.

First, which houseguests made correct predictions?

Spoiler:  

Peter and Ross, your predictions came true! For the remaining three voters, this means your incorrect predictions have voided your Eviction Votes.

I will now reveal the results.

Spoiler:  
    By a vote of...
      Spoiler:  
    2 - 0
      Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Britney, you are evicted from the Big Brother house. You are now the second member of the jury.

OOC: Sorry to see you go, nathaniel! You seemed to have a solid under-the-radar game going for you, but unfortunately it seems that you were not able to break into the best social standing. Your decision to draw the Tarot Card—the Chariot—is arguably the most consequential event of this game so far, so I commend you for having an impact in that way. I hope you enjoyed your time in the game! Thanks for playing.

Everything happens for a reason.

Achievements

Spoiler:  

Achievements

I saw this one coming from the very beginning of the round. This game was a losing battle the entire time. It is becoming very clear to me that if you're not part of the "inner circle" at RTVG then you don't stand a chance of winning a high-level game. Personal relationships clearly trump any reasoning or strategy within a game, particularly this one. I really wanted to call everyone out... but it's pretty useless and not really worth the time. If you want to chat about your game decisions then you can reach out to me on skype when you're evicted. I never hold grudges from game to game, but this one just really makes me want too. Some of you clearly can't be trusted in future games when you're playing alongside your "friends". And I know everyone thought Henry and Max and ANTM were real life friends... but Henry lives on another continent... so maybe learn about others before you spread those accusations. If you want my jury vote then you better start thinking about having a real game strategy with actual moves and not just about keeping your "friends" in. It's Big Brother, you can't make everyone like you.

Thanks for the great game Est!!

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by 1331nj View Post
    Same.

slay @ Aly with the Johnny Bananas effect

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

From one evictee to another, Nathaniel, you can't be TOO mad about getting ****ed over by an alliance when you declined a chance to be HoH yourself and try to chip away at that alliance. I get your frustration, but this particular game gave outsiders a chance to counter known dynamics—it just failed miserably.