Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 73 to 85 of 85

Thread: Eureka

  1. #73
    RTVG Idol Kaneoheboy96744's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by BM1234 View Post
    I agree she didn’t come across well in the last untucked, but her and vixen are bringing the drama, so I appreciate them both for that! Plus Eureka totally deserved the win imo; performance wise she has actually done well so far, so I don’t get the hate either.
    What I don’t get is how they can LOVE the vixen for simply bringing the drama but not eureka? They’re disliking eureka for what she said YEARS ago, while making a video that had no malicious intent to it. She made a bad choice sure, but that doesn’t make her racist. I for one don’t care for her as much as I used too, but she definitely deserved her win.

  2. #74
    1) Even if she'd never made that video, I'd still find her personality annoying and reprehensible. The way that she took no responsibility for her behavior against Vixen in Untucked was the cherry on top.
    2) Why even bother questioning the intent? It's a slur and everyone knows damn well that it's a slur. You can't undo the historically embedded racism from the term just because you happen to find some nuance in the motives of the person who used it for whatever reason.
    ​RPDR10: Miz Cracker, Monique Heart, Asia O'Hara, Aquaria

  3. #75
    RTVG Idol ANTMMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever View Post
    I can't... take away the "body-positive" aspect of her being fully exposed and her challenge performance was amateur charades.

    Hoping she gets Clarked next episode.
    X2
    RPDR: Aquaria, Asia O' Hara, Miz Cracker, Monique Heart, The Vixen
    http://thatmovieblog-filmfannlv.blogspot.com/

  4. #76
    RTVG Idol Kaneoheboy96744's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever View Post
    1) Even if she'd never made that video, I'd still find her personality annoying and reprehensible. The way that she took no responsibility for her behavior against Vixen in Untucked was the cherry on top.
    2) Why even bother questioning the intent? It's a slur and everyone knows damn well that it's a slur. You can't undo the historically embedded racism from the term just because you happen to find some nuance in the motives of the person who used it for whatever reason.
    i didn’t say she was RIGHT for it. She shouldn’t have said it. But to call her racist? That’s a little far fetched. She didn’t use the word with malicious intent. It was a poor mistake, a very poor one, but we shouldn’t automatically label someone as a racist without looking at context.

  5. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneoheboy96744 View Post
    i didn’t say she was RIGHT for it. She shouldn’t have said it. But to call her racist? That’s a little far fetched. She didn’t use the word with malicious intent. It was a poor mistake, a very poor one, but we shouldn’t automatically label someone as a racist without looking at context.
    Whether or not you agree with it or would say it yourself, by making this argument, you are justifying it. You're implying that a white person has more of a right to say the n word than others have the right to call that person a racist because of it. That word is harmful and denigrating to a race that isn't her own beyond what warrants any level of nuance or argument of whether or not she qualifies as your definition of a KKK, confederate flag-bearing racist. The intent is irrelevant here, is there really such a thing as dropping racial slurs with positive intentions?
    Last edited by LedZepForever; 04-20-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    ​RPDR10: Miz Cracker, Monique Heart, Asia O'Hara, Aquaria

  6. #78
          HaleyReinhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,665
    Eureka <3
    This forum inflates that she's some kind of evil cunt when in reality she's just a civil adorable human being.
    Yes at her winning this week, she should've been top last week, I hope she continues to shine.

  7. #79
    taking the dive LaQuawnda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    358
    trash

  8. #80
    Not really updated on what her issue is outside of the show nor do I want to bother tbh but based on her being on the show right now, I really don't see how her performance warranted a win this week. I would have given it to Monique tbh, with Cracker being a close second and her a distant third.

    I don't know, I'm just not jiving with her this season, but to be fair I really didn't care for her either back in S9 so




    RPDR S10: Miz Cracker | Aquaria | Blair St Clair | Yuhua Hamasaki


  9. #81
    hates men. xsai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Drangleic.
    Posts
    8,659
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever View Post
    I can't... take away the "body-positive" aspect of her being fully exposed and her challenge performance was amateur charades.

    Hoping she gets Clarked next episode.
    she's not even really that body positive, bc her repertoire of jokes is basically "lol i'm fat", which still reduces fat people to little more than a joke. Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams was the real body positivity activist of this season, Eureka is a forced and very flawed one.

    wow bitch wtf so unnecessary fuck u i'll have the last laugh tho so eat me

      Spoiler:  

  10. #82
    i don't understand how all these people don't see her taking her shirt off as body positivity.

    When was the last time you saw a 400lb drag queen naked on this show. The answer is never. And yet we have skinny girls topless every week.

    I think you guys aren't understanding how difficult it is being a person of size. It's hard to take your shirt off at the beach, let alone on a national television show.

  11. #83
    hates men. xsai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Drangleic.
    Posts
    8,659
    i know full well, because i am a person of size and i am also someone who is proud to be as such.

    what i also see is someone whose whole gig is fat jokes for the fat queen, which isn't actually going to help. if you rattle off a few fat jokes every now and then, fair enough, we can still all laugh. when your first ideas in your comedy are basically "i'm fat, lets do a fat joke", "what if i just eat everything", it lessens your "body positive" effects, bc you continue to send that message that we're all just jokes, something to laugh at.

    i don't feel empowered by Eureka, i feel that she tends to just give people things to laugh at us for.

    wow bitch wtf so unnecessary fuck u i'll have the last laugh tho so eat me

      Spoiler:  

  12. #84
    This show's currency in comedy is largely based in stereotyping and subverting/reclaiming things tho.

    I do feel empowered by Eureka's choice to show her body last night as a person of size. I feel that people are already laughing. You can't stop that. I think Eureka chooses to head this up and claim the power for herself.

  13. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatophobicme View Post
    This show's currency in comedy is largely based in stereotyping and subverting/reclaiming things tho.

    I do feel empowered by Eureka's choice to show her body last night as a person of size. I feel that people are already laughing. You can't stop that. I think Eureka chooses to head this up and claim the power for herself.
    Agree with this, as a real fat person I dont feel offended by Eureka.
    I cant say I love her though, she's obviously talented and has really polished her look since S9,but her needy attitude is too much for me, she still needs maturing to do and accept she doesn't need to the center of attention to be relevant. She has talent to be relevant on her own, her needyness is just outputting.




    credit to Ejy


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •