Thread: Beauty & the Geek Australia

Beauty & the Geek Australia

Yeah, I'm not going to go into detail on this, but it's currently airing on Channel 7 and there have been a few claims about two of the geeks being phonies (one I believe and one I'm not sure of)

CHANNEL 7 and the producers of primetime TV show Beauty And The Geek are under fire after one of the program's geeks was accused of being a "fake".

Yesterday the controversy came to a head in online chatrooms and the television network was forced to issue a statement confirming that Corin Storkey, one of the eight geeks on the show, had fathered a child. Storkey, a suspiciously good-looking geek with Clark Kent-style glasses and an oily slick-back, has a five-year-old daughter Beth from a previous relationship.

The program's geek criteria, according to fans, is that "geeks" are looking for love, have nerdy professions and are socially awkward. Or as one dedicated TV website claims: "Are virgins!" But this is where Seven is in dispute.

"Their virginity or lack of wasn't an issue when casting the geeks," a network spokesman said about casting Storkey, a 28-year-old Melbourne chemistry PhD student.

"We were more concerned if they had a love of history rather than their dating history."

The revelation puts Storkey's geek credibility in doubt, as other contestants on the reality show, like ACT chess champion Jeremy Reading, are self-confessed virgins who claim to have not even been kissed. Storkey admitted he met and moved in with his ex-girlfriend of four years -- a fellow synthetic organic chemist -- while he was studying at university in New Zealand.

"She was the main relationship of my life after we got together when I was 18," Storkey said.

"But we split up just around the time she got pregnant and she has since married."

The relationship is at odds with Storkey's claims that he struggles to meet women.
    http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-10229,00.html
    I read in another article that he has other ungeekly characteristics, like he plays football and the clothes he wears are so obviously fake.

Young Liberal**** Party members have launched an anonymous smear campaign intended to bring down Beauty and the Geek contestant Toby Latcham.

While Latcham, 21, was basking in the glory of a TV nerd makeover this week, his colleagues at the University of Queensland's Liberal Club were busy sending out pictures of him drunk and in his underwear.

A Latcham "dirt file" has also been circulated with damaging claims about the reality contestant's political views.

Latcham, a medical research ethicist who is also studying for three university degrees simultaneously, appears on the Seven Network's series as a socially inept geek who has never been kissed.

He speaks with an upper-class accent and has a penchant for wearing dinner suits.

But those who know him from student political circles claim his TV persona is all an act.

"The Toby as seen on Beauty and the Geek is not the real Toby," one colleague who refused to be named told ninemsn.

"Toby doesn't speak with a British gentleman's accent, he's putting on a show for the cameras, that's for sure.

"He might be portrayed as a lovelorn and emotionally inexperienced young man who just needs a bit of help ... but the reality is that Toby is a conservative young Liberal with far-right views that no self-respecting girl would go near."

Screenshots purporting to be of Latcham's now deleted Facebook page appear in the dirt file.

In one of the mildest comments attributed to Latcham, he apparently describes himself as a "heartless economic rationalist".

"Toby has made many enemies, both personal and political, over the years, and now he has remade himself ... into a public figure, all those from his past would like to see the truth revealed," Latcham's colleague said.

When contacted by ninemsn, Latcham said he was aware of the material and that it was "all a fabrication".

"There's no truth to any of it ... this has been going on for months after there was a split in the [Young Liberal] club," he said.

Latcham declined to comment on the allegations further, saying he was not allowed to give interviews the Seven Network had not authorised.

But Latcham did deny he was faking his "British" accent.

"I don't have a British accent, this is just how I speak .... I don't understand it, how should I speak?" he said.

The Seven Network's publicity department has also shut up shop on the geek controversy, denying ninemsn's official request for an interview with Latcham.
    ****Note: Liberal in Australia means right wing.
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertain...attack-tv-geek

The show itself is doing quite well ratings wise. One of the constestants is called Xenogene, no kidding.
    Australian Survivor
    ANNELIESE . JACQUI . KENT . LOCKY . MICHELLE . SARAH . TESSA . TARA

Xenogene seems fake aswell.
    he is way to stereotypical to be real. o.o

I hope someone puts this on youtube!
    *Aaron~Mya~Kelly~*DWTS*~Natalie~Melissa*
    *Lisa~Rae~Lulu~*ANTM13*~Brittany~Courtney*
    *Althea~Shirin~*PR6*~Irina~Ra'mon*
    *Russell~Victor~*SYTYCD6*~Ellenore~Karen*

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I hope someone puts this on youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/aussieshep19aa
    This user has one episode here (and Ladette to Lady, which you should watch too )
    Australian Survivor
    ANNELIESE . JACQUI . KENT . LOCKY . MICHELLE . SARAH . TESSA . TARA

Thank you!
    *Aaron~Mya~Kelly~*DWTS*~Natalie~Melissa*
    *Lisa~Rae~Lulu~*ANTM13*~Brittany~Courtney*
    *Althea~Shirin~*PR6*~Irina~Ra'mon*
    *Russell~Victor~*SYTYCD6*~Ellenore~Karen*

Clare_Cadet
    Fake or not, this show is amazing.

Oh and I read somewhere that Kimberley, one of the beauties - was born a man. I'll try and find a link tomorrow.

RTVG Apprentice
    Hey this show is amazing.. My friend is a die hard fan of this show..

HAY GURL HAY
    Jason and Kristy are such a flaw free pair. <3
    THE STRIP 5

PAST 'THE STRIP' WINNERS
      Spoiler:  

i loved this show when it was on in the US. hopefully i can find the episodes somewhere..

Achievements

I'm sorry for this random post, but Beauty & The Geek Australia 2011 has been airing in my country.
    They surely have some amazing makeovers that transformed geek into a really hot guys, it makes me speechless, tbh.

I mean, look at these these two geeks (Lachlan & Gilbert)...

And after makeovers they were like...

I can't even see them as geek anymore
    Great transformations! If I was an Australian and a geek, I would totally go for that show just to get into the makeovers session

---------- Chained Up ----------

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

Gilbert is no GEEK.

Julian was my favorite Geek! Incredibly mature and game for everything. Too bad he lost The beauties tho are so dumb it hurts. There's a girl in S3 asked to name the continent that starts with E and she said

Egypt? So epic

Quote Originally Posted by mozelle View Post
    I'm sorry for this random post, but Beauty & The Geek Australia 2011 has been airing in my country.
    They surely have some amazing makeovers that transformed geek into a really hot guys, it makes me speechless, tbh.

I mean, look at these these two geeks (Lachlan & Gilbert)...

And after makeovers they were like...

I can't even see them as geek anymore
    Great transformations! If I was an Australian and a geek, I would totally go for that show just to get into the makeovers session
    Lachlan was a total b*tch tho trashtalking Jordan when they broke up.