Judging Next!

Achievements

This weeks judges are...
      Spoiler:  
    Keren Craig | eagle2ch
    Satan | Estquer
    Alexa Chung | Aly
    Camilla Akrans | OoSleePLesSsoO

Keren: Normally I wouldn't be a fan of so much black and white, but this is done so well I can't deny how amazing it all looks together. I am happy there's at least a little color and I really hope it's not the only bit of color you've decided to use, but overall you're going in a great direction. 9.5/10
    Satan: I love this preview! The theme you've seemed to develop here is black-white-red colorblocking, with a kind of sportswear feel to it. My main concern for you is simply how you are going to be able to sustain this quality level through an entire lookbook. So as you go, I urge you to consider how you will keep the elements you want while giving some diversity to the lookbook overall. Are there other colors you could include? I would imagine a vibrant blue might be a good fit to mix in with black and white. My only main concern here is that it feels very similar to Runway Revolution final collections that we've seen, so you need to make it distinctively your own. But, great work! 9.2/10
    Alexa: I love your sense of style and that you're not afraid to take risks. You never take the easy road. Even though you did streetwear and your competitors did gowns, I think the level of style matches up to your competitors and I am intrigued enough to see a whole show based on these looks. Great job! 9.7/10
    Camilla: YASS! This collection is not something I was expecting at all and I LOVE all of these looks, especially Rianne's. My only problem with these looks are probably the men's shoes but I love how you managed to incorporate these two different collections into one and I'm so excited to see what you'll deliver in the finale! 9.6/10

Keren: When I first saw your looks I was skeptical. But seeing them here together...it really works. I really hope there are shilouettes that are not just floor length skirts and gowns, but I think you know what you're doing. Just a little more diversity in the looks could really help you. 8.9/10
    Satan: It seems like your overall theme is sexy, sheer, victorian looks. (Or, I don't know, whatever period it is that these are referencing. Medieval? Whatever lol). I definitely think this is a clear theme that allows you to show off a lot of different types of lace/sheer detailing. My least favorite of the looks is probably the first one, but it's not bad. What I think you need to consider is making sure you have a variety of silhouettes. If your lookbook ends up being ten full gowns like this, it might be too same-y. So I encourage you to throw in at least one or two with a shorter length to keep it fresh. The second concern is color. You've set yourself up to focus on black and dark red, but there may be some other colors that go well in there—jewel tones like a dark sapphire or emerald green. Think royal, luxury, and courtesan. 8.9/10
    Alexa: There's almost a renaissance feel to these dresses and I am liking it. I think if you do a whole collection based on these though, just b e careful it isn't too one note. Show some versatility with these as your base and I think you'll do well. 9.3/10
    Camilla: These gowns are incredibly beautiful through and through but the first two looks are giving me LIFE! I also love how these came from all different collections but one thing that you lack right now that I would love to see is versatility and I'm also very excited to see how you can incorporate versatility into your collection. Best of luck! 9.7/10

Keren: This is one of the clearest directions we see here today and these are absolutely stunning looks, but I'm a little worried about how you'll fill this collection out. I like the sci fi vibe here, but play with shapes a little more and really take this to the next level. 9.2/10
    Satan: The theme you seem to be going for here is futuristic and architectural, with gold details. This collection has some potential, but overall it's not feeling the most fresh. I particularly dislike the third look, although the other two are fine. You need to establish a more distinctive point of view for yourself as a designer. To develop a collection, you need to be able to translate these ideas by drawing from other collections. Are you most interested in futurism? The layers of structured shapes? Metallics? I think you can still get there, but you have to figure out how to make a collection that is both cohesive and has 2-3 showstopper looks that grab your attention. Maybe you could find some all-gold looks to see if they work with your collection? A color pallet of white-silver-gold seems to be your ticket to success here. Not bad, but I just advise you to look at what it is that drew you to these looks in particular, because it will help you decide which other looks should go with it. 8.4/10
    Alexa: These looks are killer - probably my favorite of the season. My only worry is that you may struggle to find 7 more looks of this caliber if you make it to the next round. I do really look forward to seeing a collection based off of this though. 10/10
    Camilla: I've always been a great fan of yours but I guess you're falling short in this collection preview. The first and third looks are decent but they're not THE BEST and I'm just underwhelmed by the overall essence of these looks together. I wish there are more colours and I do wish to see you deliver looks from at least two different collections in this preview.. Not your best work at all but I'm hopeful that you'll be able to turn it around. 7.8/10

Keren: I love the clear color direction, but some of these pieces are not my favorite. The one in the middle is absolutely one of the best looks here today, but the others are just a little matronly and shapeless. I think you can save this by adding some really fun looks, but I may not keep both the first and third look here. 8.9/10
    Satan: My dear friend Michelle Visage is rolling over in her grave. Green? Really? Just kidding, I actually love this shade of green. I really love two out of the three of these looks (especially the jumpsuit); although I don't really like the first, it does make perfect sense in the context of this. This shiny green-black combination is really interesting to me overall, and you have showcased a variety of silhouettes. It seems like you have a plan, and the results should be pretty distinctive. I don't think I've seen a green-focused collection in Runway Revolution. My main advice is to play with two main components: get a variety of silhouettes, and change up the color ratios by having some looks that are mostly black and some that are mostly green. Overall, great work! 9.7/10
    Alexa: I can tell you are hungry for the win. You've completely stepped it up from last week. I love the versatility in these looks and how they're drawn together so nicely with such a rich color. The taste and style level in these looks is impeccable. Nice job. 9.5/10
    Camilla: I'm LIVING for this colour palette and that second look is EVERYTHING! Your model is working the hell out of it and the look itself is also extremely stunning. The third look is nice but I wish the first one isn't there at all because it completely flops in the presence of the other two. I would advise you to get rid of that first look in the finale and I'm sure we'll be looking at an incredible collection in the finale if you build your collection from the second look! Good luck! 8.9/10

Achievements

The 2 of you that did the best this week were
      Spoiler:  

Athenias & Floppe
    One of you has outperformed the rest.
    That designer is...
      Spoiler:  

Congratulations Athenias, you are the winner of this challenge!
    You have earned a small point advantage in the finale!

The 2 of you that did the worst this week were
      Spoiler:  

Betty & Bob
    Will one of you be leaving us tonight?
      Spoiler:  
    NO!

You all clearly did well enough to earn spots in the finale.
    Step it up to impress the judges and voters though, this race isn't over yet!

Achievements

W E E K 11

Finale

This week the designers were tasked with showing us a final lookbook. They were given creative freedom to create a 10 page book showcasing themselves in a last effort to win this competition.

Please rank the looks books from whichever you like most (1) to least (4).
    Do not ask for votes.
    Voting will be open for ~24 hours.

RTVG Apprentice
    bob
    athenais
    betty
    floppe

Achievements

omg these are all so stunning wow

betty
    bob
    floppe
    athenais

Bob
    Floppe
    Betty
    Athenais

**GRABS POPCORN AND GETS READY TO SCREAM**

I threw up in my mouth twice!

Athenais
    Floppe
    Bob
    Betty

Bob
    Betty
    Athenais
    Floppe

Achievements

Bob > Floppe > Betty > Athénais
    people will s t a r e.

make it worth their w h i l e.

Athénais
    Floppe
    Betty
    Bob

Achievements

Floppe
    Betty
    Athenais
    Bob

{.Chabernaud. Nawrat. Pozzi. Ueda. Kafka.}
    ANTM 24: Christina, Khrystyana, Liz, Jeana

Achievements

Bob
    Floppe
    Betty
    Athenais

Judging Next!

Achievements

This weeks judges are...
      Spoiler:  
    Keren Craig | eagle2ch
    Satan | Estquer
    Alexa Chung | Aly
    Camilla Akrans | OoSleePLesSsoO

Keren: I have to say I'm happy that you went a very different direction then the other designers with a more active, casual aesthetic. Unfortunately, that may not have helped you gain stand out as much in this finale and overall your collection was a little less exciting. Still, I think you did a great job of putting this together and really showed us why you deserve to be here. 18.0/20
    Satan: I thought this was the best preview. Unfortunately, it really did not translate into the full collection for me. A lot of these pieces seem really mismatched and out of place here. Looks 6 and 9 are particularly bad. (And that's not even a 69 joke—as Satan, I am sex-positive and endorse 69-ing in most situations). You had an ambitious idea, but it almost ended up being so specific that it was hard to find other pieces that matched well with your preview. 16.5/20
    Alexa: You did a great job putting together an interesting show. Once again your street style held it's own against a sea of gowns. My only critique is that the collection as a whole is a little one-note. There are no peaks or intense moments due to the style that you chose. I am surprised that you were able to attain the level of cohesion that you did (great job on that), but I'm left wanting a little more from this show. It would have been nice if you had gotten some sporty dresses in there instead of all of the pants. Very nicely done though and great job on making this finale. Good luck! 18.5/20
    Camilla: You surprised me even more (in a great way) from your preview! Some of these additions work perfectly well, especially Gigi's and Taylor's! Although some of the looks did pull the entire collection down a little - especially the second look, I still think that you managed to deliver a great overall performance and most of them go really well together. I wish there are some better looks, but the overall collection does live up to my expectation. 18.2/20

Keren: I have to admit I was a little worried by your preview that your collection would be a bit one note. I'm glad you incorporated color here and really showed us some different shapes. I think you did the best job with cohesion of all of the finalists and showed us a really pretty collection. 18.7/20
    Satan: What is there even to say, really? You came into the finale with a very clear vision of what you wanted to do and executed it basically to perfection. Like, I'm not really even a whole fan of the lingerie lace thing, but it's so well done that it's hard to argue with. None of these looks feel out of place, and I feel like you took the critique of finding different lengths/silhouettes and applied it well. Great work! 19.8/20
    Alexa: I think your preview pieces were the most interesting, but you produced a good collection. I absolutely love the addition of looks 4 & 5, especially the pants - they are stunning. As a whole though, the looks got a little monotonous and the order was a bit disjointed for me, but no one can deny your amazing sense of style. You've done a consistently good job all season and I'm glad we were able to see your showing in the finale. Good luck! 18.5/20
    Camilla: I love this collection and I like that even though these looks look similar, they are pretty versatile with a closer look. Ondria's look and posture really helped the collection for me. However, there are a couple looks - such as the third and the last, which are really lacking compared to the rest of the collection in my opinion. I do wish that most of these girls are not just standing there not doing much but I still love the overall essence of the collection and the direction you went with this collection. Good job! 18.4/20

Keren: I do have to say this was my favorite collection. I really love the silver and gold and though you actually strayed from your original more sci fi aesthetic, you created something really modern and elegant. I think this is a really cool mix of more casual and very formal elements, but overall it looks very expensive. 19.7/20
    Satan: This is not a *perfect* collection, but like... it's basically there. You came back after the preview with a clear point of view, and I feel like there is a great balance of cohesion and standout pieces here with this collection. The mix of black, gold, and silver is just working for me. My only issue really is that the first two looks read a bit on the cheap side. But overall, this collection comes across as opulent and intriguing. I particularly love look 8—it's the standout for me among all the final collections. Great work! 19.6/20
    Alexa: You started your collection with a damn bang. The gold looks are so stunning and rich. They are my favorites of the entire season. I definitely see where you were going with the order, but the cohesion isn't perfect. You had a definite hard job based on the looks you chose for your preview though so I can respect the work you put into this. I'm willing to overlook the small flaws because of how amazing the first half of your collection is. You've really shown improvement throughout the season and it's been exciting to watch the growth. Good luck! 20/20
    Camilla:Although some of these looks, such as the third look and the third before last, are impeccable, I still don't feel this collection as much as I wanted to. I feel that the cohesion is somehow lacking here and the transition between looks aren't as smooth as I would like it to be. It is definitely much better than the preview, but not by a lot. 16.8/20

Keren: I'm not gonna lie this felt just a little disjointed to me. There are a lot of ideas here and they didn't all particularly make sense together for me. I think the transition from blue to green was a bit sudden and though the middle looks made sense with each other in shape, and honestly they were my favorites in your collection, they didn't really work for me with everything else going on. 17.5/20
    Satan: This is a tough one. I really love the green half of this collection, but the blue half really doesn't do it for me. The fact that there is such a stark division in color, with no mixing, puts me off a bit. However, I love the overall idea of mixing an interesting color with black the way that you did. I still think this is a fantastic collection overall. 18.6/20
    Alexa: You are hands down the master of cohesion. I know how difficult it can be to put together a collection and you managed to just nail it so much that it actually looks like it could all be from the same lookbook. You also achieved more diversity than your competition with the greatest range of looks. My only critique is that I didn't love a lot of your pieces when I looked at them on their own. You nailed the overall, but the individual just needed a bit more editing. Very impressive work this whole season though. Good luck! 19.0/20
    Camilla: I totally appreciated you for taking directions and I'm so happy with this final result! The fifth and sixth looks are MAGNIFICENT - they give PERFECT transition to the collection and the fifth look is so sophisticated it has to be one of my top favourite looks this whole season, along with the fourth look which I of course LIVE for. I do, however, feel that there are some looks that are not up to par with the rest. The choice of your colour palette and the background suits the collection perfectly and I am very impressed that you delivered something different but still as stunning as your collection preview. Good job! 19.5/20

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast