Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Making A Model

I thought Mikayla was going to win the IMG challenge tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Poop View Post
    I thought Mikayla was going to win the IMG challenge tbh
    she really should have

Lol, I wonder if Carrington gets disqualified for lying about her age.

There's going to be a marathon for the final episodes, is it not doing good on air?

All the remaining episodes are going to air today apparently.

RTVG Apprentice beautyandthebooks's Avatar
    Not sure what's up with Lifetime suddenly taking the show out of its timeslot when it was barely half-way through an already short season. The last four episodes aired randomly today from 9am to 1pm. They were put on-demand at least which is where I watched them.

What I liked about the last few episodes:

The moms getting a talking to from Yolanda about being jealous and insecure and it not teaching their daughter's good lessons about life.

Watching the go-sees, and a few more 'real' client shoots. AKA how the actual industry might view the girls and their strengths and weaknesses.

I ended up really liking Carrington's attitude! Always optimistic and a good sport. I'm a little confused on why they faked her age though... because unless they filmed this 2-3 years ago (she's 19 now) they have her say she is 16 when she arrives in the house?? It's okay though, as it was obvious (and thus hopefully not a spoiler for anyone) that she was only on the show for exposure and added drama, which hey, more power to her. Smart move on her part to get TV airtime, some connections, and grow her following.

I will say I was a bit surprised by the winner! Not that the girl wasn't beautiful or a good model, it just felt like it was between two others more to me. I think though that Yolanda ended up picking someone who might need her help moreso than some of the other girls who would be much more likely to be snatched up by regular agencies.

I wish this had hope to have more seasons, but with how Lifetime has teated this last few episodes, I think it's canceled unless it gets moved to another network. Which is sad because I'd love to see another season of fresh faced young models and moms (dads too!) that learn the real-in-and-outs of the industry!

Bigger Spoilery Things

Spoiler:  
    I was stunned that Lilyan and her mother went and dyed her hair back blonde less than 2 days after Yolanda had it made over! So stupid! I mean it's insulting really. Could you really not wait out a couple of weeks at least and change it back when you got home if you hated it that badly?!? She kept saying she wanted to be true to herself, and yet she's not naturally blonde? I mean she was wearing light colored contacts and bleaching her hair to death, and yet she thinks that's who she is? While they gave them a nice "learned from everything" ending, I'm not sure they did learn. Her cockiness really hurt her, and how they came off as catty and mean in most of the interviews will do them no favors in the real world. It became more and more apparent as the show went on that their sniping and mean girl comments came from a place of some deep insecurity.

Oh man, I could not with the moms as the season went on. The jealousy and comments about favoritism were just stupid. I'm sorry the other moms don't know how to network and don't pay attention to the industry. Karen wasn't a saint by any means, especially with that stupid room drama at the end - that came off petty and ridiculous of her, but the other moms were clearly scared they were losing and trying to find reasons why it was "rigged" against them. These moms kept forgetting that you CAN'T pay for the kind of people their daughters are getting to meet and work with on this show when they have little to no experience and aren't even signed. Too many of them focused on drama and lost sight of, or didn't realize their probably never getting these chances again.

I wonder if the Charlotte Tilbury prize will materialize now that the show has aired. I don't see anything of any of the girls on their IG at the moment.

I really hope Mikayla gets signed after the show. Maybe Ford since she's in Chicago, I know they have a branch there. Though from her IG it looks like she might be pursuing music/acting too.

I believe someone state Mackenzie is with Elite, which isn't surprising, I figured someone would grab her. I bet Breanna will get signed no problem if she grows a bit and starts to pursue it when she's a couple years older - she could definitely do commercial work now.

I found it funny how Athena's mom was always complaining that Yolanda was mean to her, not realizing that duh, she's bothering to constantly give you advice and talk to you because she wants you to do well and do what's best for your daughter's career. Instead, she just kept taking it personally. Hopefully, she's learned better since the show or she could jeopardize her daughter's career if she's constantly fighting her agent and taking every criticism as a personal attack.

Who won?

I have not watched it yet, but I read that Athena wins. Not a bad choice except for her being sooo young and quite short.

Any streaming links?
    The link that was previously sent to me don't have the new episodes left.

The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency
    41 episodes of trainwreck
    way too much nudity

lol they wanted Lilyan in the bottom for the Tommy shoot. it sounded like they really wanted Mikayla and Athena in the top for that shoot tbh... Makenzie reminds me too much of Acacia Brinley to be a model lmfao. I really liked Mikayla's photo.
    I honestly think they didn't want to continue the Mikayla/Athena win streak.

After watched the whole season, I really hope they will do season 2. I love the hadids so much now and I am more excited about this show instead of ANTM, which is weird. Anyway I really hope they will do another season, bc so far this show has been

finally i've watched the show and really liked it, especially for yolanda and her mama bear thing. As for the girls my first choice would have been makenzie, cause she really loooks like a model and that tommyshoot was everything and then mikayla and breanna, other than them i see no models in this show. Lilian is so freakin immature, overall if i have to think about what a 13 years models should look like, it's not the winnner. All i can think of during this show was sofia mechetner.

Quote Originally Posted by beautyandthebooks View Post
    Not sure what's up with Lifetime suddenly taking the show out of its timeslot when it was barely half-way through an already short season. The last four episodes aired randomly today from 9am to 1pm. They were put on-demand at least which is where I watched them.

What I liked about the last few episodes:

The moms getting a talking to from Yolanda about being jealous and insecure and it not teaching their daughter's good lessons about life.

Watching the go-sees, and a few more 'real' client shoots. AKA how the actual industry might view the girls and their strengths and weaknesses.

I ended up really liking Carrington's attitude! Always optimistic and a good sport. I'm a little confused on why they faked her age though... because unless they filmed this 2-3 years ago (she's 19 now) they have her say she is 16 when she arrives in the house?? It's okay though, as it was obvious (and thus hopefully not a spoiler for anyone) that she was only on the show for exposure and added drama, which hey, more power to her. Smart move on her part to get TV airtime, some connections, and grow her following.

I will say I was a bit surprised by the winner! Not that the girl wasn't beautiful or a good model, it just felt like it was between two others more to me. I think though that Yolanda ended up picking someone who might need her help moreso than some of the other girls who would be much more likely to be snatched up by regular agencies.

I wish this had hope to have more seasons, but with how Lifetime has teated this last few episodes, I think it's canceled unless it gets moved to another network. Which is sad because I'd love to see another season of fresh faced young models and moms (dads too!) that learn the real-in-and-outs of the industry!

Bigger Spoilery Things

Spoiler:  
    I was stunned that Lilyan and her mother went and dyed her hair back blonde less than 2 days after Yolanda had it made over! So stupid! I mean it's insulting really. Could you really not wait out a couple of weeks at least and change it back when you got home if you hated it that badly?!? She kept saying she wanted to be true to herself, and yet she's not naturally blonde? I mean she was wearing light colored contacts and bleaching her hair to death, and yet she thinks that's who she is? While they gave them a nice "learned from everything" ending, I'm not sure they did learn. Her cockiness really hurt her, and how they came off as catty and mean in most of the interviews will do them no favors in the real world. It became more and more apparent as the show went on that their sniping and mean girl comments came from a place of some deep insecurity.

Oh man, I could not with the moms as the season went on. The jealousy and comments about favoritism were just stupid. I'm sorry the other moms don't know how to network and don't pay attention to the industry. Karen wasn't a saint by any means, especially with that stupid room drama at the end - that came off petty and ridiculous of her, but the other moms were clearly scared they were losing and trying to find reasons why it was "rigged" against them. These moms kept forgetting that you CAN'T pay for the kind of people their daughters are getting to meet and work with on this show when they have little to no experience and aren't even signed. Too many of them focused on drama and lost sight of, or didn't realize their probably never getting these chances again.

I wonder if the Charlotte Tilbury prize will materialize now that the show has aired. I don't see anything of any of the girls on their IG at the moment.

I really hope Mikayla gets signed after the show. Maybe Ford since she's in Chicago, I know they have a branch there. Though from her IG it looks like she might be pursuing music/acting too.

I believe someone state Mackenzie is with Elite, which isn't surprising, I figured someone would grab her. I bet Breanna will get signed no problem if she grows a bit and starts to pursue it when she's a couple years older - she could definitely do commercial work now.

I found it funny how Athena's mom was always complaining that Yolanda was mean to her, not realizing that duh, she's bothering to constantly give you advice and talk to you because she wants you to do well and do what's best for your daughter's career. Instead, she just kept taking it personally. Hopefully, she's learned better since the show or she could jeopardize her daughter's career if she's constantly fighting her agent and taking every criticism as a personal attack.
    Agree 100% with everything you said. Athena was a worthy winner. I honestly thought Mackenzie was gonna take it at the end, I was really surprised with how well she did at the go-sees.

I actually loved all the girls by the end (even Lilyan, I though her gifts for everyone at the end were really sweet and I wish we saw more of that from her). I also loved how positive Carrington was and how supportive she was towards the other girls, she was definelty a surprise for me. I kinda wish she entered earlier in the competition so we got to see more of her.

I hope we get a season 2 (although I'm not sure what ratings were like), ANTM needs to take note. We had drama, great photoshoots, campaigns, prizes and Yolanda. Yolanda (as well as Gigi and Bella) was such a breath of fresh air for me and really felt invested in the girls.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234