Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Arcade Mania

Achievements

< WEEK 2 >

Here is the challenge you all had to partake in!

For your second Boss Battle, you guys will be following the formula of the Houseguest's Choice Week twist and be participating in another social challenge! How about a good old game of Attack and Defend...but with its own twist?

Be2inez •••••
    Guarana •••••
    Pupazza •••••
    Samus •••••
    SZA •••••
    Wendy •••••

As you can see in the above chart, you all will be starting with 5 Lives in this challenge. In a turn-based elimination system, you are allowed to perform one of three actions:

ATTACK - You can make an attack on one of your fellow competitors in this Boss Battle, making them lose a Life...

DEFEND
    - You can go on defense for up to only three times and shield yourself for one turn from any attacks hurdling your way...

CONSERVE
    - ...or you can perform neither action to conserve your energy for one turn. Doing so grants you an extra Life, but bewarned--you are only allowed to conserve your energy for one single time throughout this entire challenge.

Please take this list, remove your name from it, and rank the rest of your fellow houseguests participating in the Boss Battle from who you would like to attack first to who you would like to attack last.

Also, please state whether you will attack, defend, or conserve in the following list. This challenge will go up to 15 rounds.

Remember, you are only allowed to defend 3 times and conserve 1 time.

TB: How many attacks will go through in this challenge?
    The results are now in. Let's see who managed to be the last one standing, and the winner of the Boss Battle and holder of the Game Over power.

Spoiler:  

Did not do
    STRIKE

But first, yet another person didn't bother to show up.

Pupazza, you have eliminated yourself from the competition before it has even started. Bye. Good luck up there on the block.

The attack lists everybody else submitted will now be modified accordingly to exclude Pupazza from them.
    ROUND 1
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez conserves.
    Samus conserves.
    Wendy defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    SZA attacks Be2inez.

Be2inez •••••
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA ••••
    Wendy •••••
    ROUND 2
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    Samus attacks Wendy.
    SZA attacks Be2inez.
    Wendy attacks Be2inez.

Be2inez •••••
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy ••••
    ROUND 3
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez defends.
    SZA defends.
    Wendy conserves.
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    Samus attacks Wendy.

Be2inez •••••
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy •••
    ROUND 4
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez defends.
    SZA defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    Samus attacks Wendy.
    Wendy attacks Be2inez.

Be2inez •••••
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy •••
    ROUND 5
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana conserves.
    Wendy defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez attacks Wendy.
    Samus attacks Wendy.
    SZA attacks Be2inez.

Be2inez ••••
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy •••
    ROUND 6
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana defends.
    Samus defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez attacks Wendy.
    SZA attacks Be2inez.
    Wendy attacks Be2inez.

Be2inez ••
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy •••
    ROUND 7
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez attacks Wendy.
    Samus attacks Wendy.
    SZA attacks Be2inez.
    Wendy attacks Be2inez.

Be2inez
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy

Will the fake betinez please stand up? You have been eliminated from the competition.
    ROUND 8
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana defends.
    Samus defends.
    SZA conserves.
      Spoiler:  
    Wendy attacks Samus.

Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy
    ROUND 9
      Spoiler:  
    Nobody defends or conserves.
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    Samus attacks Wendy.
    SZA attacks Guarana.
    Wendy attacks Samus.

Guarana •••••
    Samus •••••
    SZA ••
    Wendy

Wendy, you have been eliminated from the competition.
    ROUND 10
      Spoiler:  
    Samus defends.
    SZA defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.

Guarana •••••
    Samus •••••
    SZA •••
    ROUND 11
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    Samus attacks SZA.
    SZA attacks Guarana.

Guarana ••••
    Samus •••••
    SZA
    ROUND 12
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    Samus attacks SZA.
    SZA attacks Guarana.

Guarana •••
    Samus •••••
    SZA

SZA, you have been eliminated from the competition.
    ROUND 13
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks Samus.
    Samus attacks Guarana.

Guarana ••
    Samus ••••
    ROUND 14
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks Samus.
    Samus attacks Guarana.

Guarana
    Samus •••
    ROUND 15
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks Samus.
    Samus attacks Guarana.

Guarana
    Samus ••

Guarana, you have been eliminated from the competition.

Which means...
      Spoiler:  

Congratulations, Samus! You are the winner of the Boss Battle and, as a result, are the holder of the Game Over power this week! You are immune from eviction and have the ability to change one of this week's nominations and current Boss. With great power comes great responsibility.

Please announce in the thread whether or not you will be using the
    Game Over power on one of the nominees, and whether or not you will also overthrow Boss Be2inez from leading the house. If you do, then the Boss--whether it's Be2inez or a new one--must name another houseguest as a nominee in their place. You guys do not have a strict deadline for this, but I would prefer you make these decisions as soon as possible.
    After the final nominees of the week are decided will the Voting and Prize Booth phase of the round take place! Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-18-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    people will s t a r e.

make it worth their w h i l e.

BETINEZ:

Last edited by abstractfierce; 01-18-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Achievements

literally why am i such a flop lol
    accidentally counted wendy's conserve action in round 3 as a defend, so she lost all her lives in round 9 when it actually happened round 7. this mistake also affected sza, who was supposed to be eliminated in round 11 and not 12
    thankfully though this doesn't affect who won the boss battle, only by how many lives which was one extra

just thought i'd point this out LMAO anyways carry on <3
    people will s t a r e.

Achievements

*Stands still, while engaging in photosynthesis*

Achievements

Samus: Well, this was a rather unexpected outcome, so... um... thanks for not hating me, I guess. I've found that planets tend to explode whenever I interfere, so I think that I'll play it safe this time and leave everything as is. Good luck to the three nominees!

Achievements

< WEEK 2 >

It is now time for the Voting and Prize Booth portion of the round and the second eviction in the house and game. To recap, you all came into this new week without Arcade Mania's usual structure--the Houseguest's Choice Week twist was in its place instead, and you had to survive solely by your social game and without any challenges to accompany it.

Be2inez had won this week's Scoreboard Challenge and, as Boss, nominated Pupazza, SZA, and Wendy. Samus then won the Boss Battle and the Game Over power, but decided not to use it, leaving Be2inez's reign and his nominations all intact.

Here are some questions I have for you all!

Be2inez How did it feel to win the second Scoreboard Challenge in this early game-changer that emphasized your social game? What are your thoughts on the Houseguest's Choice Week twist? Does the original betinez have anything on you now that you're emulating him down to a T?
    Pupazza, SZA, Wendy How did it feel to be nominated because of your striking out on multiple occasions within these first two weeks? What makes you different from your fellow nominees that Boss Be2inez should keep you?
    Samus Congratulations for winning the Boss Battle and the Game Over power! Why did your performance in the challenge surprise you?
    Cuca Any thoughts on seeing the two people you sat with on the block last week being up there again?
    Danielle This vote could go any way, given that the three nominees were nominated for the same reason; what do you think Be2inez's vote will be based off of?
    Dixie Kong Do you miss the Kongs who are you watching you in this game right now back home?
    Guarana On a scale of 1 to 10, how shook are you at Be2inez stealing your look so eerily accurately?
    Otosan Almost immediately after everyone's first week in the house were you guys thrust into this twist. How comfortable are you now feeling about how this game will go, format-wise?
    Sophia Judging by your reaction to the Scoreboard Challenge's tiebreaker vote, did you expect to be the one elected as this week's Boss, or did you at least hope for it?
    Yasuo Now you're the only guy left in the house. How do you feel about that?

As a reminder, Boss Be2inez will be the only one voting to evict one of the three nominated houseguests this week. You trusted him to make the best decisions for your game when you voted him in as the new Boss, and now that trust will be put to the test.

The rules for this voting are as follows:

1. Be2inez is only allowed to vote for one of the three nominees that are up for eviction.
    Be2inez is allowed to change his vote at any point before the 24-hour deadline is passed, even if I receive his vote before the deadline. Once it is reached, however, the vote will be locked in and he will no longer be able to change them.
    3. If
    Be2inez does not submit a response to the voting PM with his vote to evict, he will receive a strike and the rest of the house will vote instead.
    4. Be2inez, you and the rest of the house are allowed and encouraged to discuss your vote with each other before you send it in.

You have 24 hours.

Good luck!
    people will s t a r e.

Achievements

< WEEK 2 >

The Prize Booth is now open! If you have enough Tickets and would like to do so, feel free to buy and/or bid on any of the items below by sending me a PM titled "Prize Booth"! The functions of all of the items in here will only be revealed to its respective recipient if/when they are determined.

I will be sending out the amount of Tickets you each currently have shortly. Also, if you wish to transfer a certain number of Tickets to a specific houseguest, please let know with a PM titled "Ticket Transfer"!

Purchasable
    Price: 25 Tickets
    Quantity: 1

Though they may yield the possibility of not fitting you, they still make a cute, fun, and flashy gift.
    Purchasable
    Price: 55 Tickets
    Quantity: 2

Sweet-colored stripes accented with a huge bow--from the way the light hits it there seems to be at least something inside...but what?
    Biddable
    Quantity: 1

As a reminder, the rules for the Prize Booth are as follows:

1. In order to preserve the balance of the game and prevent these prizes from heavily influencing it, the amount of Tickets that the prizes can be bought for and the amount of power that they can yield will both be controlled as precisely as possible to achieve this.
    2. Depending on how powerful the items are and how far we are into the game, a minimum of 1 item and a maximum of 3 items will be sold at the Prize Booth.
    3. You are allowed to buy or bid on any of the available items in the Prize Booth until the Voting and Prize Booth period ends.
    4. If you buy or bid on multiple items, you are not allowed to go over the amount of Tickets that you already have.
    5. Items that you can buy are on a first-come first-serve basis. If somebody buys the last of an item before you, then you are no longer able to purchase that item.
    6. Once the Voting and Prize Booth period ends, any and all winning bids are finalized.
    7. Once you receive an item from purchasing it or bidding the highest amount of Tickets on it, you will not be able to sell it and earn back the Tickets that you spent on it.
    8. Regarding bids, only the highest bidder of an item will have the corresponding amount of Tickets they bid on it for deducted from their count. Any and all losing bidders will have their Tickets returned to them.
    9. You are allowed to raise or lower your bid at any time during the Voting and Prize Booth period.
    10. The Prize Booth will close for good after the Pre-Jury phase.
    11. As host, the final decision is mine to make in any situation that calls for it. I will use my best judgment to determine the fairest and most appropriate solution to these situations.
    12. Any and all questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, and wordings of the like are appreciated, welcomed, and encouraged in order to refine the Prize Booth aspect to the benefit of all the players in Arcade Mania.

You have 24 hours.

Good luck!
    people will s t a r e.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

Guarana On a scale of 1 to 10, how shook are you at Be2inez stealing your look so eerily accurately?

*Guaraná rearranges itself in a way that resembles a 7, while engaging in photosynthesis*

Achievements

< WEEK 2 >

The Prize Booth is now closed! The following items have been sold.

Though they may yield the possibility of not fitting you, they still make a cute, fun, and flashy gift.
    Purchasable
    Sold for: 55 Tickets
    Quantity Sold: 1

Sweet-colored stripes accented with a huge bow--from the way the light hits it there seems to be at least something inside...but what?
    Biddable
    Sold for: 37 Tickets
    Quantity Sold: 1

If they haven't been already, the functions of the items in here will again be sent out to those who had purchased/bid the highest on them soon.

The Eviction will be coming up shortly...
    people will s t a r e.

Achievements

< WEEK 2 >

Welcome to our second live eviction of the game! As a reminder, due to this week's Houseguest's Choice Week twist, only Be2inez as the outgoing Boss was allowed to vote for who to send out of the house and out of the game for good. When I read the vote, the nominee who had been selected by Boss Be2inez to be evicted has just a few moments to say their goodbyes, gather their belongings, and walk out that front door and away from Arcade Mania.

Pupazza, SZA, Wendy...the vote is in.

Spoiler:  
    By a vote of...
      Spoiler:  
    1-0-0
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  

Pupazza, you have been evicted from the Arcade Mania house. Please gather your things and say your goodbyes.

In the event that you were the one to leave this week, the houseguests have taped some goodbye messages to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Be2inez
    BYE IRRELEVANT NEWBIE THAT IS NOT IN THE BETINEZ FRIEND GROUP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuca
    bye old man
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    Quote Originally Posted by Guarana
    *Engages in photosynthesis*
    Quote Originally Posted by Samus
    I put more effort into writing this message than you put into this whole game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia
    toodles bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    hoy ako yas pota
    ---

OOC
    : xander, I'm sorry to see you go. I really appreciated you giving this game a shot and signing up for it, but a mixture of bad luck with the challenges in the first week and your failure to meet the deadlines in this second were ultimately what doomed you here. I think you could've been able to stay had you actually put in some effort, but it is what it is.

Thank you for playing, and I hope to see more of you on here in the future.
    Congratulations to all of you--another week conquered! You have successfully survived the Houseguest's Choice Week twist, which is now officially over. Now that you know that anything can happen, who knows what you will be faced with next?

The next Scoreboard Challenge will be sent soon.

Last edited by Phoenix; 01-20-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    people will s t a r e.

You damn twinks I’ll see you in your nightmares bitches.

“Don’t believe everything you hear. Real eyes realize real lies.” - Tupac Shakur

Achievements

And so another week begins...

Hello again, houseguests. Congratulations on being a part of the top 11! You all made it through a twist from last week that changed how the game worked entirely, so as a reward, we will be falling back into how things are supposed to be around here for this one.

Let's get right into it.

For your third
    Scoreboard Challenge, you guys are going to be playing a game that requires you to think outside the box in order to find a certain amount of something. As outgoing Boss, Be2inez will be sitting out of this challenge.

Here is its
    Tickets distribution list for this week.

1. 50 Tickets - Boss of the Week
    2. 40 Tickets
    3. 35 Tickets
    4. 30 Tickets
    5. 25 Tickets
    6. 20 Tickets
    7. 15 Tickets
    8. 12 Tickets
    9. 10 Tickets
    10. 5 Tickets
    11. 0 Tickets - Nominated as Worst Performer

As a reminder, the rules for the
    Scoreboard Challenge are as follows:

1. You are not allowed to discuss your performance in the challenge before results are posted. They may only be games, but doing so can still greatly affect who becomes the Boss.
    2. You are allowed to throw the challenge--just state that you wish to in the challenge PM.
    3. If you do not submit a response to the challenge PM with a screenshot of your results or with the word "Throw", you will receive a strike. 3 strikes will result in you being removed from Arcade Mania entirely.
    4. If you would like an extension, please inform me 1 hour before the 24-hour deadline has passed. Extensions will last an additional 24 hours and will apply to everyone eligible to win the Scoreboard Challenge, not just those who need them. However, if you are found to be abusing this privilege, extensions will no longer be provided to you.
    5. Substitutes will never be allowed throughout the course of Arcade Mania. You are playing for yourself, and thus it is your sole responsibility to act on the duties you have for this game--not anybody else's.
    6. If there is any reason for you to not be able to do the challenge, please inform me of why and you will be excused from it. Excused challenges score higher than Throws and No Submissions, however if you are found to be abusing this privilege you will be removed from Arcade Mania entirely.
    7. If somehow you are revealed to have cheated on an online game, you will immediately be removed from Arcade Mania entirely.
    8. As host, the final decision is mine to make in any situation that calls for it. I will use my best judgment to determine the fairest and most appropriate solution to these situations.

You have 24 hours.

Good luck!

< WEEK 3: START >
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-21-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    people will s t a r e.

Achievements

SZA pls clear ur inbox b

people will s t a r e.

Achievements

An extension has been requested--you all now have until January 23rd, at 4:40 AM PST, for the Scoreboard Challenge.
    people will s t a r e.

Achievements

< WEEK 3 >

Here is the game you all had to play!

Name: Cat in Japan

Link: CLICK HERE
    Genre: Hidden Object-Puzzle
    Win Condition: Completing the game in the shortest amount of time
    Notable Feature: Its interactive point-and-click environment
    The results are now in. We will begin with the top of the scoreboard, announcing who the winner of the challenge and thus the Boss of the week is, then move our way down to the bottom, where the worst performer lies. They will take up one of the three available nomination seats.

Spoiler:  

But first, I have an unfortunate announcement to make.

During the Scoreboard Challenge, Wendy was called into the Diary Room, where she had then revealed to us that she desired to walk away from the game. We wish you good luck in your future endeavors Wendy, but with that said, please gather your things and say goodbye to your housemates.

---

OOC: I'm sad that you had to come to this conclusion mooncat0, but if it was the best call of action to make for yourself, then I understand. Thank you for being a part of Arcade Mania, and I hope to have you play in its sequel perhaps in the future, along with continue seeing you here in the strategy game community. Best wishes.

Wendy has decided to transfer her 23 Tickets to another houseguest. They will be PMed about the procurement. This Scoreboard Challenge's Tickets distribution list will also be modified accordingly in light of this new development, and because I'm always flopping and this time wrote it up for everybody else remaining without taking into account the outgoing Boss.

So what does this mean for Arcade Mania? Now that our prejury consists of one person who was the only houseguest to actually be evicted, one who was ejected, and two people who walked, how will the course of the game be affected by this chain of events?
      Spoiler:  

Please welcome Mushroom, who will now effectively be taking up Wendy's spot in the house!

Mushroom is your new houseguest who will be competing with the rest of you guys as you all normally would. They will be eligible for the Scoreboard Challenges if they were not already the previous Boss; they will be eligible for the Boss Battle whether they're a Boss, nominee, or a houseguest selected by random draw for it; and they will be eligible to earn Tickets and vote and buy items during the Voting and Prize Booth period.

However, for fairness' sake, Mushroom will not be given this chance to enter the game later than everybody else without these conditions:

1. Mushroom will not be immune for this first week. If the Boss and house so wishes, they can nominate and evict them the same round that they entered the game.
    2. Mushroom will start off with some Tickets as compensation for the time that they were not in the Arcade Mania house. They will be presented with a few numbers to choose from, each number hiding varying amounts of Tickets--however, they could start with no Tickets at all, or a maximum of only 30 Tickets.
    3. Mushroom will not be eligible to earn any Tickets from the Boss' Social List for this week.
    4. Mushroom cannot be transferred Tickets or items during the Voting and Prize Booth phase for this week.

Mushroom, please pick one of the following numbers to determine how many Tickets you will start off with for your first week in the house.

Thank you for joining in Wendy's place, and I officially welcome you to Arcade Mania!

Now with that all said and done, the third Boss of Arcade Mania is...
      Spoiler:  

20/20 Sushi
    8 Minutes
    50 Tickets

Congratulations, Guarana! You finished the game in the fastest time and as such are now the Boss of the week! You are immune from eviction and have substantial power now resting in your hands. With great power comes great responsibility.

Please name two people as nominees with this challenge's worst performer and send me your social list to pass out more Tickets to your fellow houseguests. You are free to discuss both of these tasks with anyone and everyone. You do not have a strict deadline for this, but I would prefer you make these decisions as soon as possible.

Going down the line, we have...
      Spoiler:  

20/20 Sushi
    9 Minutes
    40 Tickets
      Spoiler:  

20/20 Sushi
    10 Minutes
    25 Tickets
      Spoiler:  

20/20 Sushi
    12 Minutes
    15 Tickets
      Spoiler:  

20/20 Sushi
    14 Minutes
    10 Tickets
      Spoiler:  

20/20 Sushi
    19 Minutes
    5 Tickets

Which means...
      Spoiler:  

13/20 Sushi
    0 Tickets

I'm sorry Yasuo, but you have been nominated for eviction this week.
    After the Boss fulfills their main duties comes the Boss Battle! Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Phoenix; Today at 01:35 AM.
    people will s t a r e.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456