Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Arcade Mania

Achievements

< WEEK 2 >

Here is the challenge you all had to partake in!

For your second Boss Battle, you guys will be following the formula of the Houseguest's Choice Week twist and be participating in another social challenge! How about a good old game of Attack and Defend...but with its own twist?

Be2inez •••••
    Guarana •••••
    Pupazza •••••
    Samus •••••
    SZA •••••
    Wendy •••••

As you can see in the above chart, you all will be starting with 5 Lives in this challenge. In a turn-based elimination system, you are allowed to perform one of three actions:

ATTACK - You can make an attack on one of your fellow competitors in this Boss Battle, making them lose a Life...

DEFEND
    - You can go on defense for up to only three times and shield yourself for one turn from any attacks hurdling your way...

CONSERVE
    - ...or you can perform neither action to conserve your energy for one turn. Doing so grants you an extra Life, but bewarned--you are only allowed to conserve your energy for one single time throughout this entire challenge.

Please take this list, remove your name from it, and rank the rest of your fellow houseguests participating in the Boss Battle from who you would like to attack first to who you would like to attack last.

Also, please state whether you will attack, defend, or conserve in the following list. This challenge will go up to 15 rounds.

Remember, you are only allowed to defend 3 times and conserve 1 time.

TB: How many attacks will go through in this challenge?
    The results are now in. Let's see who managed to be the last one standing, and the winner of the Boss Battle and holder of the Game Over power.

Spoiler:  

Did not do
    STRIKE

But first, yet another person didn't bother to show up.

Pupazza, you have eliminated yourself from the competition before it has even started. Bye. Good luck up there on the block.

The attack lists everybody else submitted will now be modified accordingly to exclude Pupazza from them.
    ROUND 1
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez conserves.
    Samus conserves.
    Wendy defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    SZA attacks Be2inez.

Be2inez •••••
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA ••••
    Wendy •••••
    ROUND 2
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    Samus attacks Wendy.
    SZA attacks Be2inez.
    Wendy attacks Be2inez.

Be2inez •••••
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy ••••
    ROUND 3
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez defends.
    SZA defends.
    Wendy conserves.
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    Samus attacks Wendy.

Be2inez •••••
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy •••
    ROUND 4
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez defends.
    SZA defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    Samus attacks Wendy.
    Wendy attacks Be2inez.

Be2inez •••••
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy •••
    ROUND 5
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana conserves.
    Wendy defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez attacks Wendy.
    Samus attacks Wendy.
    SZA attacks Be2inez.

Be2inez ••••
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy •••
    ROUND 6
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana defends.
    Samus defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez attacks Wendy.
    SZA attacks Be2inez.
    Wendy attacks Be2inez.

Be2inez ••
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy •••
    ROUND 7
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Be2inez attacks Wendy.
    Samus attacks Wendy.
    SZA attacks Be2inez.
    Wendy attacks Be2inez.

Be2inez
    Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy

Will the fake betinez please stand up? You have been eliminated from the competition.
    ROUND 8
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana defends.
    Samus defends.
    SZA conserves.
      Spoiler:  
    Wendy attacks Samus.

Guarana •••••
    Samus ••••••
    SZA •••
    Wendy
    ROUND 9
      Spoiler:  
    Nobody defends or conserves.
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    Samus attacks Wendy.
    SZA attacks Guarana.
    Wendy attacks Samus.

Guarana •••••
    Samus •••••
    SZA ••
    Wendy

Wendy, you have been eliminated from the competition.
    ROUND 10
      Spoiler:  
    Samus defends.
    SZA defends.
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.

Guarana •••••
    Samus •••••
    SZA •••
    ROUND 11
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    Samus attacks SZA.
    SZA attacks Guarana.

Guarana ••••
    Samus •••••
    SZA
    ROUND 12
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks SZA.
    Samus attacks SZA.
    SZA attacks Guarana.

Guarana •••
    Samus •••••
    SZA

SZA, you have been eliminated from the competition.
    ROUND 13
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks Samus.
    Samus attacks Guarana.

Guarana ••
    Samus ••••
    ROUND 14
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks Samus.
    Samus attacks Guarana.

Guarana
    Samus •••
    ROUND 15
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
    Guarana attacks Samus.
    Samus attacks Guarana.

Guarana
    Samus ••

Guarana, you have been eliminated from the competition.

Which means...
      Spoiler:  

Congratulations, Samus! You are the winner of the Boss Battle and, as a result, are the holder of the Game Over power this week! You are immune from eviction and have the ability to change one of this week's nominations and current Boss. With great power comes great responsibility.

Please announce in the thread whether or not you will be using the
    Game Over power on one of the nominees, and whether or not you will also overthrow Boss Be2inez from leading the house. If you do, then the Boss--whether it's Be2inez or a new one--must name another houseguest as a nominee in their place. You guys do not have a strict deadline for this, but I would prefer you make these decisions as soon as possible.
    After the final nominees of the week are decided will the Voting and Prize Booth phase of the round take place! Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-18-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    people will s t a r e.

make it worth their w h i l e.

BETINEZ:

Last edited by abstractfierce; 01-18-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Achievements

literally why am i such a flop lol
    accidentally counted wendy's conserve action in round 3 as a defend, so she lost all her lives in round 9 when it actually happened round 7. this mistake also affected sza, who was supposed to be eliminated in round 11 and not 12
    thankfully though this doesn't affect who won the boss battle, only by how many lives which was one extra

just thought i'd point this out LMAO anyways carry on <3
    people will s t a r e.

Achievements

*Stands still, while engaging in photosynthesis*

Achievements

Samus: Well, this was a rather unexpected outcome, so... um... thanks for not hating me, I guess. I've found that planets tend to explode whenever I interfere, so I think that I'll play it safe this time and leave everything as is. Good luck to the three nominees!

Achievements

< WEEK 2 >

It is now time for the Voting and Prize Booth portion of the round and the second eviction in the house and game. To recap, you all came into this new week without Arcade Mania's usual structure--the Houseguest's Choice Week twist was in its place instead, and you had to survive solely by your social game and without any challenges to accompany it.

Be2inez had won this week's Scoreboard Challenge and, as Boss, nominated Pupazza, SZA, and Wendy. Samus then won the Boss Battle and the Game Over power, but decided not to use it, leaving Be2inez's reign and his nominations all intact.

Here are some questions I have for you all!

Be2inez How did it feel to win the second Scoreboard Challenge in this early game-changer that emphasized your social game? What are your thoughts on the Houseguest's Choice Week twist? Does the original betinez have anything on you now that you're emulating him down to a T?
    Pupazza, SZA, Wendy How did it feel to be nominated because of your striking out on multiple occasions within these first two weeks? What makes you different from your fellow nominees that Boss Be2inez should keep you?
    Samus Congratulations for winning the Boss Battle and the Game Over power! Why did your performance in the challenge surprise you?
    Cuca Any thoughts on seeing the two people you sat with on the block last week being up there again?
    Danielle This vote could go any way, given that the three nominees were nominated for the same reason; what do you think Be2inez's vote will be based off of?
    Dixie Kong Do you miss the Kongs who are you watching you in this game right now back home?
    Guarana On a scale of 1 to 10, how shook are you at Be2inez stealing your look so eerily accurately?
    Otosan Almost immediately after everyone's first week in the house were you guys thrust into this twist. How comfortable are you now feeling about how this game will go, format-wise?
    Sophia Judging by your reaction to the Scoreboard Challenge's tiebreaker vote, did you expect to be the one elected as this week's Boss, or did you at least hope for it?
    Yasuo Now you're the only guy left in the house. How do you feel about that?

As a reminder, Boss Be2inez will be the only one voting to evict one of the three nominated houseguests this week. You trusted him to make the best decisions for your game when you voted him in as the new Boss, and now that trust will be put to the test.

The rules for this voting are as follows:

1. Be2inez is only allowed to vote for one of the three nominees that are up for eviction.
    Be2inez is allowed to change his vote at any point before the 24-hour deadline is passed, even if I receive his vote before the deadline. Once it is reached, however, the vote will be locked in and he will no longer be able to change them.
    3. If
    Be2inez does not submit a response to the voting PM with his vote to evict, he will receive a strike and the rest of the house will vote instead.
    4. Be2inez, you and the rest of the house are allowed and encouraged to discuss your vote with each other before you send it in.

You have 24 hours.

Good luck!
    people will s t a r e.

Achievements

< WEEK 2 >

The Prize Booth is now open! If you have enough Tickets and would like to do so, feel free to buy and/or bid on any of the items below by sending me a PM titled "Prize Booth"! The functions of all of the items in here will only be revealed to its respective recipient if/when they are determined.

I will be sending out the amount of Tickets you each currently have shortly. Also, if you wish to transfer a certain number of Tickets to a specific houseguest, please let know with a PM titled "Ticket Transfer"!

Purchasable
    Price: 25 Tickets
    Quantity: 1

Though they may yield the possibility of not fitting you, they still make a cute, fun, and flashy gift.
    Purchasable
    Price: 55 Tickets
    Quantity: 2

Sweet-colored stripes accented with a huge bow--from the way the light hits it there seems to be at least something inside...but what?
    Biddable
    Quantity: 1

As a reminder, the rules for the Prize Booth are as follows:

1. In order to preserve the balance of the game and prevent these prizes from heavily influencing it, the amount of Tickets that the prizes can be bought for and the amount of power that they can yield will both be controlled as precisely as possible to achieve this.
    2. Depending on how powerful the items are and how far we are into the game, a minimum of 1 item and a maximum of 3 items will be sold at the Prize Booth.
    3. You are allowed to buy or bid on any of the available items in the Prize Booth until the Voting and Prize Booth period ends.
    4. If you buy or bid on multiple items, you are not allowed to go over the amount of Tickets that you already have.
    5. Items that you can buy are on a first-come first-serve basis. If somebody buys the last of an item before you, then you are no longer able to purchase that item.
    6. Once the Voting and Prize Booth period ends, any and all winning bids are finalized.
    7. Once you receive an item from purchasing it or bidding the highest amount of Tickets on it, you will not be able to sell it and earn back the Tickets that you spent on it.
    8. Regarding bids, only the highest bidder of an item will have the corresponding amount of Tickets they bid on it for deducted from their count. Any and all losing bidders will have their Tickets returned to them.
    9. You are allowed to raise or lower your bid at any time during the Voting and Prize Booth period.
    10. The Prize Booth will close for good after the Pre-Jury phase.
    11. As host, the final decision is mine to make in any situation that calls for it. I will use my best judgment to determine the fairest and most appropriate solution to these situations.
    12. Any and all questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, and wordings of the like are appreciated, welcomed, and encouraged in order to refine the Prize Booth aspect to the benefit of all the players in Arcade Mania.

You have 24 hours.

Good luck!
    people will s t a r e.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

Guarana On a scale of 1 to 10, how shook are you at Be2inez stealing your look so eerily accurately?

*Guaraná rearranges itself in a way that resembles a 7, while engaging in photosynthesis*

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456