Thread: Arcade Mania

Achievements

^ your already immune ryt?
    NO SANA NO LIFE

The Voyage: a TDI fic by Whiskas & PhoenixRoyale

Current Faves !!!

!TOP OF THE CLASS! Coming soon ......

Achievements

Sorry if the wording was too confusing in my post--regardless who the winner of the Extra Life power (or Power of Veto) is, they're kinda immune anyway for being the one to obtain it in the first place. Just like in the real Big Brother, like if one of the randomly drawn players retrieves it and uses it on a nominee, that drawn player can't be put up in the former nominee's place either.

Anywho, Danielle's decision is valid, and she is now no longer on the block. Samus, you must now name a replacement nominee.
    people will s t a r e.

make it worth their w h i l e.

Achievements

Samus: All righty. I'm afraid I'll be putting Pupazza up.

Achievements

< WEEK 1 >

It is now time for the first Voting and Prize Booth portion of the round and, thus, the first eviction in the house and game. To recap, Samus had won this week's Scoreboard Challenge and, as Boss, nominated Cuca and Wendy alongside worst challenge performer Danielle. Danielle then won the Boss Battle and used the Extra Life power to take herself off the block, prompting Samus to put up Pupazza in her place.

Here are some questions I have for you all for this first eviction and overall week in Arcade Mania!

Samus How did it feel to win the first Scoreboard Challenge with such a big amount of points? Do you feel you have made the right decisions regarding your nominees and Social List? How do you think this first vote is going to go?
    Cuca and Wendy How did it feel to be nominated for throwing the Scoreboard Challenge? Why do you think the other houseguests should keep you in the competition?
    Danielle Congratulations for winning the Boss Battle and removing yourself from the chopping block! Now that you're safe from eviction this week, what are your thoughts on how this week will end?
    Pupazza How did it feel to be named the replacement nominee by Samus? Why should the other houseguests keep you in the competition and not potentially backdoor you?
    Be2inez Do you think you're going to slay the original betinez in this game?
    Dixie Kong Anything you think will happen next week?
    Guarana Will you ever do anything besides engaging in photosynthesis?
    Otosan Are you feeling nervous as our token animal houseguest here?
    Luffy Can you provide me a reaction gif towards how this week has panned out for you as a whole?
    Sophia How does it feel to be surrounded by and having to live with such a...unique group during your stay here in the house?
    SZA, Wynter Is there a song and/or song lyric that you two ladies can use to summarize the decisions you have made for this first week?
    Yasuo Does being one of the only two guys here intimidate you?

As a reminder, the rules for voting are as follows:

1. You are only allowed to vote for one of the three nominees that are up for eviction.
    2. You are allowed to change your vote at any point before the 24-hour deadline is passed, even if I receive all of the votes before the deadline. Once it is reached, however, the votes will be locked in and you will no longer be able to change them.
    3. If there is a tie, the Boss will announce in the thread who they are casting their vote to evict against, effectively breaking the tie.
    4. If you do not submit a response to the voting PM with your vote to evict, you will receive a strike. 3 strikes will result in you being removed from Arcade Mania entirely.

You have 24 hours.

Good luck!
    people will s t a r e.

Achievements

< WEEK 1 >

The Prize Booth is now open! If you have enough Tickets and would like to do so, feel free to buy and/or bid on any of the items below by sending me a PM titled "Prize Booth"! The functions of all of the items in here will only be revealed to its respective recipient if/when they are determined.

I will be sending out the amount of Tickets you each currently have shortly. Also, if you wish to transfer a certain number of Tickets to a specific houseguest, please let know with a PM titled "Ticket Transfer"!

The contrast of the gold (not actual) glitter against the solid white of the clock is aesthetically pleasing. It's perhaps already a bit obvious to you what it deals with, but...how exactly does it work?
    Purchasable
    Price: 40 Tickets
    Quantity: 1

Purchasable
    Price: 25 Tickets
    Quantity: 3

A sleek black with an almost-expensive-looking design, it's a wonder what business an object such as this would have here.
    Biddable
    Quantity: 1

As a reminder, the rules for the Prize Booth are as follows:

1. In order to preserve the balance of the game and prevent these prizes from heavily influencing it, the amount of Tickets that the prizes can be bought for and the amount of power that they can yield will both be controlled as precisely as possible to achieve this.
    2. Depending on how powerful the items are and how far we are into the game, a minimum of 1 item and a maximum of 3 items will be sold at the Prize Booth.
    3. You are allowed to buy or bid on any of the available items in the Prize Booth until the Voting and Prize Booth period ends.
    4. If you buy or bid on multiple items, you are not allowed to go over the amount of Tickets that you already have.
    5. Items that you can buy are on a first-come first-serve basis. If somebody buys the last of an item before you, then you are no longer able to purchase that item.
    6. Once the Voting and Prize Booth period ends, any and all winning bids are finalized.
    7. Once you receive an item from purchasing it or bidding the highest amount of Tickets on it, you will not be able to sell it and earn back the Tickets that you spent on it.
    8. Regarding bids, only the highest bidder of an item will have the corresponding amount of Tickets they bid on it for deducted from their count. Any and all losing bidders will have their Tickets returned to them.
    9. You are allowed to raise or lower your bid at any time during the Voting and Prize Booth period.
    10. The Prize Booth will close for good after the Pre-Jury phase.
    11. As host, the final decision is mine to make in any situation that calls for it. I will use my best judgment to determine the fairest and most appropriate solution to these situations.
    12. Any and all questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, and wordings of the like are appreciated, welcomed, and encouraged in order to refine the Prize Booth aspect to the benefit of all the players in Arcade Mania.

You have 24 hours.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-11-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    people will s t a r e.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRoyale View Post
    Be2inez Do you think you're going to slay the original betinez in this game?

BETINEZ:

I DON'T KNOW HER

MUCH LIKE I DON'T KNOW THIS "CUCA" CHARACTER

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME CHRISTINA CHA
    I SMELL A DIRTY LIAR AND A LACK OF JURY MANAGEMENT FROM MILES AWAY

A VOTE FOR CHRISTINA IS A VOTE FOR A SHADY CUNT-FREE GAME

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRoyale View Post
    Guarana Will you ever do anything besides engaging in photosynthesis?

*Wind blows and makes Guaraná move in a way that resembles a nod. Meanwhile, Guaraná is engaging in photosynthesis*

OOC: max i'm SCREAMINGGGG this is too real

Achievements

< WEEK 1 >

The Prize Booth is now closed! The following items have been sold.

The contrast of the gold (not actual) glitter against the solid white of the clock is aesthetically pleasing. It's perhaps already a bit obvious to you what it deals with, but...how exactly does it work?
    Purchasable
    Sold for: 40 Tickets
    Quantity Sold: 1

Purchasable
    Sold for: 50 Tickets Total
    Quantity Sold: 2

A sleek black with an almost-expensive-looking design, it's a wonder what business an object such as this would have here.
    Biddable
    Sold for: 20 Tickets
    Quantity Sold: 1

If they haven't been already, the functions of the items in here will again be sent out to those who had purchased/bid the highest on them soon.

The Eviction will be coming up shortly...
    people will s t a r e.

Achievements

< WEEK 1 >

Welcome to our first live eviction of the game! As a reminder, only those who are not the Boss and the nominees currently up for eviction were allowed to vote for who to send out of the house and out of the game for good. When I read the vote, the nominee who had garnered the highest amount has just a few moments to say their goodbyes, gather their belongings, and walk out that front door and away from Arcade Mania.

Cuca, Pupazza, Wendy...the votes are in.

Spoiler:  
    By a vote of...
      Spoiler:  
    3-2-3*
    *SZA failed to cast a vote within the 24-hour deadline, and thus has earned a STRIKE.

...We have a tie.

In the event of a tie, the outgoing Boss must cast their vote to evict between those involved in the tie in order to break it.
      Spoiler:  
    ...However, that will not be necessary this time.
      Spoiler:  

Prior to this live eviction, Wynter had--in advance in the Diary Room--brought to our attention that for personal reasons, she no longer wished to be a part of the competition, and thus is walking away from the game. We wish you good luck in your future endeavors Wynter, but with that said, please gather your things and say goodbye to your housemates.

---

OOC
    : LAVIVELOVER, I don't blame you for making this decision considering what has recently happened in this sub-forum. I was of course disappointed that you let yourself get involved in those circumstances in the manner that you did, but I'm also glad that you came forward about it and recognize the role you played as a mistake. I hope you have learned your lesson and to see you around again, and I am sincerely thankful to you for giving Arcade Mania a chance.

So when this development had come to light, we took a closer look at what it was that made Wynter arrive at this conclusion...

...and what we found has now impacted the game even further than it already has.
      Spoiler:  

Luffy, you have been ejected from the Arcade Mania house. Please gather your things and say your goodbyes.

---

OOC: Jay. Lmao. I don't know what to tell you, man. The cheating debacle that you caused in ANTM:RI14 was already a big enough deal, but the fact that you did it because you thought a regular strategy game player well-known for their strong challenge performance cheated as well, talked to the host of the game so poorly about the incident, and above all have no remorse over what you have done...I can't have you continue on in my own.

I'm really disappointed in you for orchestrating this fiasco and with such a sour attitude to boot, especially because I did like you overall. As much as I would not like to do this, I have no choice. I'm sure that it'll be uncomfortable for the others to compete with you here, and how do I know that you won't pull this stunt in Arcade Mania either? It's a little irritating that you cheating in another game and making me resort to expelling you from my own has also thrown a wrench in my plans for it and made me compromise some of them.

Hopefully you take these consequences for your behavior as an opportunity to step back from games for a little while and reflect on your actions more properly. I don't know if there will be a next time for you being in the sequel for this or for us even competing together in another game, but until then...best of luck to you.
    Well, well, well...congratulations to all of you--you have made it through the first week! But it's gonna be a long journey if you want to reach the end. I hope you're ready for what's to come.

The next Scoreboard Challenge will be sent soon.

people will s t a r e.

Achievements

*Blinks vacantly, while engaging in photosynthesis*

BETINEZ:

Another Trainwreck?
      Spoiler:  

Queen Lauren shoving the haters away

Achievements

i thought your better than that phoenix didn't expect this judgemental side of yours UHHHHH!
    NO SANA NO LIFE

Current Faves !!!

Achievements

Acting guilt-free to the bitter end, I see~
    Thanks for playing, Jay.
    people will s t a r e.

Achievements

thing is I didn't do anything wrong here! your making this judgements thats is even related here WHY DO I HAVE TO BE GUILTY HERE? that's just prove your judgemental! and I thank you
    NO SANA NO LIFE

Current Faves !!!

*Grabs Popcorn And Gets Ready To Scream!!!!"

**GRABS POPCORN AND GETS READY TO SCREAM**

I threw up in my mouth twice!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast