Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BNTM 13: All-Guys or Axed?

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

I think they are just still in search for a new channel.

Hopefully, because i am not ready to see it go! BNTM has had some great winners

So they cancelled it again, that's a shame. Why not just get a big budget channel to do a Top Model then? What about the network that airs Big Brother?

Me when it comes to relationships. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by mmichal View Post
    So they cancelled it again, that's a shame. Why not just get a big budget channel to do a Top Model then? What about the network that airs Big Brother?
    Do you mean Channel 5? I don't think they would ever go for BNTM. UK channels I feel are a lot more different. I feel like Big Brother is a bit of an anomaly on channel 5 (it was a better fit when it aired on channel 4). But even now I've heard big brother has been offed by channel 5.

Personally, I can't think of that many UK channels that would be great. Sky Atlantic and Lifetime were great fits when they aired BNTM. The only other channels I can think of is TLC. I can't even see E4, MTV UK or ITVBe/ITV2 taking it on either, despite them being more reality orientated.

But that's just my opinion off the top of my head, as someone who lives in the UK.

Cancelling it after one of their best cycles

Jach | Beauty | Pim | Mia | Sharnie

ITVBe would be a good fit, but what it boils down to is that I just don't think BNTM is a show that is in demand lately.

Achievements

It hasn't been for a while now, and that goes for almost all franchises minus Asia's. I expect a year hiatus before we hear news of it potentially getting picked up.

Coming

Quote Originally Posted by EQUINOXx View Post
    Cancelling it after one of their best cycles
    Well that's no surprise really...the first time they cancelled it was after Cycle 9 and that was their BEST cycle hands down. And that was very unexpected, because ratings for cycle 9 were not bad or at least not worse then the previous one, and right after the cycle concluded Sky Living gave The Face UK a chance thinking Noami would bring in more viewers and that program flopped really hard in the ratings (even though the show was fantastic, the best in that franchise) so it would have been all the more reason to stick to the NTM license, but Sky just decided they were done with modeling shows instead...

What surprises rather is that wasn't there an Insta post somewhere out their from Max that sort of confirmed that they were already shooting it? I think it was something with Nicky and had the #bntm hashtag in the description. My initial thought was that this whole canceling is just their solution to part ways with Abbey on good terms, cause it seems she was expecting a return, but as many sources hinted it they were already looking to replace her any way, so I'm still hoping they will announce the all male season soon...perhaps it's gonna be an original format and not branded as "Britain's Next Top Model", who knows...
    ANTM 24
    THE REDEMPTION CYCLE

Christina, Jeana, Kyla, Liberty, Coura

I'm still hoping its all a misunderstanding and we get a promo out of nowhere.

2018 FAVORITES

Khrystyana ♥ Ingrid ♥ Karoline ♥ Sidharth

🍅
    Quote Originally Posted by len90 View Post
    Well that's no surprise really...the first time they cancelled it was after Cycle 9 and that was their BEST cycle hands down. And that was very unexpected, because ratings for cycle 9 were not bad or at least not worse then the previous one, and right after the cycle concluded Sky Living gave The Face UK a chance thinking Noami would bring in more viewers and that program flopped really hard in the ratings (even though the show was fantastic, the best in that franchise) so it would have been all the more reason to stick to the NTM license, but Sky just decided they were done with modeling shows instead...

What surprises rather is that wasn't there an Insta post somewhere out their from Max that sort of confirmed that they were already shooting it? I think it was something with Nicky and had the #bntm hashtag in the description. My initial thought was that this whole canceling is just their solution to part ways with Abbey on good terms, cause it seems she was expecting a return, but as many sources hinted it they were already looking to replace her any way, so I'm still hoping they will announce the all male season soon...perhaps it's gonna be an original format and not branded as "Britain's Next Top Model", who knows...
    Why they want to get rid of Abby? She's not that bad
    AsNTM 6: Rubini. Mia. Beauty. Jachin. Sharni. Ikko
    UkrNTM 5: Dima. Sergey

Achievements

I also don't get why they wanna get rid of Abbey. It's not like she's expensive anyways plus she's actually very solid as a host.

AsNTM 6: Mia | Pim | Sharnie | Beauty | Adela

She's not British but Crystal Renn would be a great host. She works alot with the EML UK Finalists..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345