Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Survivor 35 : Discussion Thread * NO SPOILERS *

Quote Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
    I like this season!

Lol at you guys crying about the healers getting slaughtered when theyre strategically **** and also annoying humans (Joe and Cole) you only like them cause they're under dogs

The only person annoying is Ryan and he is annoying because he has a strong strategic mind in the world of survivor, same with Chrissy.
    These people are out there living in the wild and starving for a million dollars, if you went on the show would you purposely keep people who could beat you so that the viewers would "like" you? No you would do everything in your power to win.

Why can't playing a strong game be enjoyable to watch? I just don't understand it. You guys cry cause some girl is pretty but brought nothing strategically to the game like they're the goddess of the universe and say the show is "cancelled".

I mean wouldn't it be so fun to watch a season of 18 Purple Kellys!

I agree with most of this. The pre-merge got rid of some snooze players (not including Ali tho) and some of the more interesting people got through. No one was team Healer until after the merge so I reckon you're right abut everybody loving the underdog. People are being soo dramatic saying this season is over blah, it's literally just a poor man's Khao Rhong and pretty on par with World's Apart, Although I have jumped off the Chrissy train, I did feel like in the last ep she was being unnecessarily nasty in some scenes.

HEROES.HEALERS.HUSTLERS

JESSICA - ALI - MIKE - DEVON

Quote Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
    I like this season!

Lol at you guys crying about the healers getting slaughtered when theyre strategically **** and also annoying humans (Joe and Cole) you only like them cause they're under dogs

The only person annoying is Ryan and he is annoying because he has a strong strategic mind in the world of survivor, same with Chrissy.
    These people are out there living in the wild and starving for a million dollars, if you went on the show would you purposely keep people who could beat you so that the viewers would "like" you? No you would do everything in your power to win.

Why can't playing a strong game be enjoyable to watch? I just don't understand it. You guys cry cause some girl is pretty but brought nothing strategically to the game like they're the goddess of the universe and say the show is "cancelled".

I mean wouldn't it be so fun to watch a season of 18 Purple Kellys!
    x10

I'm finding this season really enjoyable, would I like to see a big power shift and for Joe to somehow pull something spectacular out? Sure. Are people being "robbed"? No. Desi didn't do a single thing to warrant this reaction.

Really excited to see the Healers whittle down to one and then that Healer win immunity and become the swing vote for the majority alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanSalvatore View Post
    Yeah I agree on this one. Everyone is actually trying to be like past players and recycling old strategies thinking that they're the first ones to do so etc OR are just being goats (JP cough). Lauren is probably the only one left that is playing with her heart, everyone else is just annoying and been there done that.

And Cupid saying Roark being useless is true. She only got airtime when she was going home and did nothing all the time until she thought she was the one in control.

God if I just hope Ryan goes home with the idol to end all misery for the time being.
    I HATE Ryan most of all!! Everything he does annoys the F out of me! But watch, he will make the end and win

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by StefanSalvatore View Post
    Yeah I agree on this one. Everyone is actually trying to be like past players and recycling old strategies thinking that they're the first ones to do so etc OR are just being goats (JP cough). Lauren is probably the only one left that is playing with her heart, everyone else is just annoying and been there done that..
    Agree with this.

I am so exhausted with the whole "student of the game" archetype that Ryan/Chrissy bother me more than they should. I think it's the overload of Zeke/Spencer/C*chan in the past 2/3 years but i was FUMING watching them trash Ali for being emotional when Roark was voted out because "having emotions in Survivor is irrational" and when Ryan was degrading JP for talking about his dating life because "it's not strategic".

Ironically Chrissy said she hates Sandra the most because she doesn't play the game (AKA does not make BIG MOVEZ!) and she had to apologise on twitter when all the fans dragged ha ass. When will Chrissy/Ryan hatch a plan as clever as Sugargate?

Spoiler:  
    Legends only.

Ryan and Chrissy as characters are what people hate.
    Ryan is too cringy and the only thing that made him human is his moment with Chrissy, Chrissy on the other hand is arrogant.
    Them as players is different. they're the best as of the moment and are playing their cards right.

Still rooting for Queen of Fiji Lauren Rimmer tho
      Spoiler:  

Queen Lauren shoving the haters away

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Rikku View Post
    x10

I'm finding this season really enjoyable, would I like to see a big power shift and for Joe to somehow pull something spectacular out? Sure. Are people being "robbed"? No. Desi didn't do a single thing to warrant this reaction.

Really excited to see the Healers whittle down to one and then that Healer win immunity and become the swing vote for the majority alliance.
    I can appreciate this point of view, however, as a viewer, this style of gameplay is boring. You have your stereotypical gamebot characters, one in the form of a mother and another that fulfills the nerd stereotype that Probst loves to highlight any chance he can get. Does anyone realize how much he rides Ryan's d*ck?

I think that's what the viewers are tired of. Honestly, Desi leaving wasn't so much upsetting because she was some ~amazing goddess of a player~. We didn't get a confessional from Desi until episode 3. I think this just attributes to what Survivor is looking to highlight - polarizing characters that make television. And those that have that personality type are the ones that 1) get screen time and 2) make moves that show their knowledge of the game. That's not a bad thing - it's just, nothing about the characters we are forced to watch and scheme are rootable really.

As many have stated, Chrissy was rootable. That has depleted. Ryan always was unliked. And then Ben, who I thought had a shot to win the whole thing from the beginning, is a big question mark for me.

Roark was a snooze, but had a lot of great potential had she not been swap****ed. Ali was someone who could have dominated the merge if she had the chance to get there. Jessica was attached to Cole (only by what Survivor chooses to show us) and she was voted out because if she did get deeper, the majority alliance knew she would be a target. And Desi was a budding challenge beast.

Even though Joe is the only sh*thead left, I would rather him leave and the others stay. Personally, the characters aren't compelling, even on a personal level. I want to connect to the Survivor players and the ones that are left don't have many endearing qualities, aside from Lauren. She is giving me very Twila vibes, but way more likable. LMAO.

I stopped watching. Has Ben become unlikable? What of Devon?

I don't know if I can resume watching, but a Ben, Lauren, or Devon seem ideal. JP/Ashley were basic supreme, but seemed like good people. Just do not want Ryan to win. I'm tired of his character archetype on Survivor.
    WATCHING XFACTOR UK
    Lemonade | Benji | The Cutkelvins

Achievements

I still like this season a lot more than the dumpster fires of WA, MvGX, RI, etc. I'll admit that since Ali, there have been people that I've wanted to go more, but I'm not losing sleep over Cole's girlfriend and the one challenge wonder no longer being in the game. I also don't hate Chrissy. People complain every season that the older women always get the short end of the stick for being older, but whenever we have one that's an actual shark in the game, she gets labeled as a bitch and unlikable... FOR PLAYING THE GAME AND NOT BEING A STEREOTYPICAL OLDER LADY EARLY BOOT. Also whet @ Ben hate? Did I miss something??

Quote Originally Posted by VULpicks. View Post
    I can appreciate this point of view, however, as a viewer, this style of gameplay is boring. You have your stereotypical gamebot characters, one in the form of a mother and another that fulfills the nerd stereotype that Probst loves to highlight any chance he can get. Does anyone realize how much he rides Ryan's d*ck?

I think that's what the viewers are tired of. Honestly, Desi leaving wasn't so much upsetting because she was some ~amazing goddess of a player~. We didn't get a confessional from Desi until episode 3. I think this just attributes to what Survivor is looking to highlight - polarizing characters that make television. And those that have that personality type are the ones that 1) get screen time and 2) make moves that show their knowledge of the game. That's not a bad thing - it's just, nothing about the characters we are forced to watch and scheme are rootable really.

As many have stated, Chrissy was rootable. That has depleted. Ryan always was unliked. And then Ben, who I thought had a shot to win the whole thing from the beginning, is a big question mark for me.

Roark was a snooze, but had a lot of great potential had she not been swap****ed. Ali was someone who could have dominated the merge if she had the chance to get there. Jessica was attached to Cole (only by what Survivor chooses to show us) and she was voted out because if she did get deeper, the majority alliance knew she would be a target. And Desi was a budding challenge beast.

Even though Joe is the only sh*thead left, I would rather him leave and the others stay. Personally, the characters aren't compelling, even on a personal level. I want to connect to the Survivor players and the ones that are left don't have many endearing qualities, aside from Lauren. She is giving me very Twila vibes, but way more likable. LMAO.

I can appreciate all of this warranting your frustrating as maybe I’m not as frustrated due to the face that I’m new to survivor this year and this is only my tenth or eleventh season to watch (and my first in real time).

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910