Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.1 ☭ Campaign Launch

Achievements

4.1 ☭ Campaign Launch

Andre • Aandres
    Eeslaine • betinez
    Ruslinka • Lumina
    Savannah • SoandSo

Welcome to Phase IV: The Republic! Please head to the Rules & Procedures thread to familiarize yourself with the rules, and let me know if you have any questions.

We are kicking things off with the Campaign Launch. First, let's take a look at how many Influence Points each player starts with:

Andre 1000
    Eeslaine 1000
    Ruslinka 1000
    Savannah 1000
    Magdalene 300
    Pavel 300
    White 300
    Abram 300
    Tiffany 200
    Chokichi 200
    Luka 200
    Argentina 200
    Anatoly 150
    Evgeniya 100
    Dallas 100
    Sungmin 100
    Jonas 100
    Elizaveta 100
    Bubbles 100
    Valeriya 100
    Isabelle 100
    Bebe 100

Each of the four finalists has a fixed starting amount of 1000 Influence Points. Your goal over the course of this Campaign Launch is to convince the eliminated players to distribute their influence to you.

• Influence Points: The game's new currency is Influence Points. Each finalist starts with 1000 Points, and each eliminated player has 100-300 Influence Points to hand out, depending on when they were eliminated. Influence Points are spent during the two Conventions and the General Election. They cannot be transferred between finalists.
    • Party Platform [24 Hours]: The four finalists will have 24 Hours to submit a Party Platform to me via private message. Think of this like an opening statement. Your goal is to convince the eliminated players to support you. As this is not a challenge, you will not be granted extensions. Keep it concise!
    • Open Debate [48 Hours]: There will be a 48 Hour discussion period, where the eliminated players have the option of asking any clarifying questions to determine how to distribute their Influence Points. Finalists should be available to respond in a timely fashion. No extensions.
    • The Oligarchs [24 Hours]: The eliminated players will have 24 Hours to decide how they wish to distribute their Influence Points via PM. Players may decline to distribute these points if they wish. Any player that fails to make a decision by the deadline will have their Influence Points discarded.
    • Candidate Support [24 Hours]: I will contact the finalists privately alerting them to their total number of Influence Points which they will use for the remainder of the game. At this point, the finalists will submit a bid (in Influence Points) for the power to determine which finalist is assigned to which Presidential Candidate. The player with the highest bid will pay out, but have this important power. Once the candidates are assigned, we will proceed to the series of three strategy games which will determine the winner.

The Oligarch decisions will not be publicly posted in the thread until the game is over, so it's your prerogative as to whether or not you wish to signal your support for candidates publicly. Starting now, the finalists have 24 Hours to submit their Party Platforms (aka Opening Statements) to me via PM. We will proceed from there. Eliminated players, please refrain from addressing the finalists until these have been posted.

Last edited by Estquer; 08-17-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Achievements

Eeslaine: AFTER READING THIS AND NOT UNDERSTANDING A THING, I REALIZED I'M DUMB, BUT THEN AGAIN, SO IS TRUMP AND HE WON SO LMAO

Achievements

Ruslinka: I hope peepole vill appreciate my rags-to-russy story arc in ze game.

I am *THE* original babygurl!!!

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by betinez

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

SOWHENYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

BADABEATSEBABAHHHH

Spoiler:  

A QUEEN WAS BORN DURING THIS SEASON. HER NAME IS EESLAINE.

Now that I already got your attention, I can move on to the game talk. Since this is meant to be concise, I'm not going to write another one of my typical tl;dr essays . When I entered this game, I knew I would have to try REALLY hard if I wanted to make it to the end. Estquer does an absolutely amazing job hosting this impeccable franchise, so of course everyone would be coming into it trying their hardest to make it to the end. So, when the competition started, I knew I'd have to hustle but I never saw the amount of hustling that ended up being necessary to get this far coming. I reached out to a large portion of the cast when the competition started, was approached by some people too, in order to be able to have a way to make myself relevant socially in the competition, which was an effort that paid off really well for me, seen as I started the game getting one of the best average rankings from the cast, and managed to get to the F5 without winning a single challenge. Those who have seen me in games before know that challenge wins usually play a huge part in my success, but this time around, I believe the key to my success was the social game.

I was a selfish super cunt in this game, and I'm the first person to own up to that. During my road to the end, I lied, I played two sides, I formed shady deals, I hopped from one side to another, I schemed, I threw people under the bus to further myself, I kept all the information I got to myself to put myself in the best position I could, and I kept in touch with people from conflicting alliances the whole time, just so I'd keep my options open in case things went super wrong for me. If I got here and told you all "I played an honest game", I would be lying. I was shady as fuck. A liar. A schemer. But no one can deny I took care of myself this entire time, and managed to finally be as objective as possible in my approach to a game, and leave emotions out of my decisions as much as possible.

Besides all of that, my hard work was evident in how much effort I put into trying to be as helpful as I could to people I trusted. I helped alliances come up with ranking plans to make sure we'd get the rubles we needed to succeed, I helped Anatoly during the Civil War twist, I helped plan ruble pooling strategies, and my head was always 100% in the game, trying to make sure I moved forward with people I knew I could trust that I believed would keep me safe if I needed them. I never took the backseat; I was always doing my best to make sure things went according to how I wanted them to go.

Getting this far after struggling so much during the game (especially during Phase I with me whoring myself to Bourgeoisie members for wheat bushels and constantly being towards the bottom of the wheat lists, and after Argentina's elimination situation, in which the fact I knew about her 1-ruble bid made me an easy and obvious target) is something that, I believe, goes to show how much my social game grew during this competition. Everyone who made it to Phase 2 can attest to the fact I took the time to approach every single person who felt wronged by Argentina's elimination just to clear the air and try to re-establish myself socially in the game, which ultimately allowed me to become a part of the 6-way alliance that made it to the F6 and become a sort of swing vote between the two sides that were formed once things were down only to the 6 of us. And when I had to win a challenge to make sure I'd take out the one player I saw as the biggest competitor left at F5, I did so.

I hustled, I fought hard, I lied, I schemed, I threw people under the bus, I was constantly taking care of myself to make sure I'd be close to those in power.

But then again, isn't all of this what politicians do to keep themselves powerful as well????

I know this isn't the most admirable gameplay I could've played, but it was undeniably effective. I hope you all can at least understand and respect the decisions I made, even if you don't agree with them, because they did allow me to make it to this point, after all. I fully believe that, if I had played this game like I usually do, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere near this point of the competition.

Vote Eeslaine.

The shady president this country needs.

Thank you to the players and Estquer for making this one of the most stressful yet one of the most rewarding gaming experiences I've ever had in RTVG. This was an unforgettable ride !

I tried my best to keep this short, which made me feel like I left out a lot of details from my speech, so I'd be more than happy to answer your questions to give you all some insight into my gameplay!

If you want to drag me, go ahead! I will do my best to find a perfect Wonder Woman gif or meme to respond to it.

Kisses!

Quote Originally Posted by SoandSo
    Savannah Sapphire: Well, hello! It is I, everyone's favorite pop legendeity, here to convince y'all why you should elect me (or something) as Proletariat's Grammy Award Winning Best New Artist!!!! Now, I will note that I am perfectly willing, able, and even imploring for y'all to ask me to go more in depth about some stuff, because Miss Estquer said to "keep this concise," so I'm mainly going to run over my strategy across each phase in a macro-sense, and would LOVE it if y'all were like, "Hey, Savior of modern music, please elaborate more about this!"

Anywhooo, for Phase 1, I hit the ground running, establishing communication with probably at least half the competitors here, and getting roped into two alliances - one of which I pushed for its creation, and the other I was added into. This normally wouldn't be TOO big of a problem early on, except Sir Anatoly and Miss White were ALSO in both alliances, with Sir Luka and Miss Magdalene in one, and Miss Tiffany BO'TIFFANY #TEA, Sir Chokichi, and Miss Evgeniya in the other. This put me in a #awk position, especially because the latter alliance aka the Russian Royalty, kept winning literally everything, from challenges to prizes, and the legitimacy of my bonds with some of the cast were really tested here. With the help of Miss White, I had to push the target off of Miss Magdalene once or twice in the three rounds that the Russian Royalty controlled the czardom, and, in an attempt to give her the chance to prolong her life in the game, I also made the decision to send Miss Ruslinka to prison, knowing that her dismal numbers of rubles made her a frequent primary or secondary target for starvation. The Russian Royalty fell apart during Sir Abram's second reign, as the consolidation of power within that alliance became very obvious, and pretty much everyone covertly gave out information and sowed distrust in an effort to save themselves. Unfortunately, Phase 1 ended with the death of the OG Russian Royalty, and Miss Evgeniya along with it.

During the Intermission and Phase 2, my game truly took the most blows, which, considering all the **** I dealt with then, it's AMAZING I'm still here. During the Revolution, Miss Ruslinka and I, having reestablished our alliance, were just chattin' like gals do, when she told me "people" were throwing me under the bus for the collapse of the Russian Royalty. Seeing as there were only 4 other Russian Royalty members still in the game, it was not difficult to narrow down who these "people" were. Feeling as though there was a strong cohort of players rallying against me, I pushed HARD to Miss Ruslinka to pit former RR members against each other in the Civil War, and whether my campaigning was successful or not, Sir Anatoly and Miss White ended up as the nominees. After Miss White outmaneuvered Sir Anatoly in a TRULY impressive showing of strategic ability, the following round went along relatively smoothly at first, with allies of mine occupying the entire Premiership. I ended up bidding 50 rubles that round (which was the bulk of my total wealth), fearing a molotov attack from Sir Chokichi, but it ended up being completely wasted because of Miss Argentina's decision to de facto quit the game, and in telling only Sir Abram, Miss White, and Miss Eeslaine, she opened the door for Miss White to pass that information on to Miss TIFFANY and Sir Chokichi. tl;dr: Sir Andre, Miss Magdalene, and I got ROYALLY ****ed. As a result of this, a counter alliance was formed between Sir Luka, Miss Ruslinka, Sir Andre, Sir Pavel, Miss Magdalene, and myself. With the threat of the molotov still looming, my wealth almost entire gone, and a double elimination on the rise, I was a stress-MESS. Sir Luka and Miss Magdalene were the first two people I aligned with, and the ones to whom I had given my word of absolute loyalty to, and so Sir Luka and I tried to devise a plan to rebuild Miss Magdalene's wealth and protect her, a plan that partially involved the recuperation of my lost wealth (and then some) via the Censer. Unfortunately, we did not expect Sir Luka to be the recipient of the molotov, for reasons that you can remind yourself about by looking at the aftermath in that thread, and so while Miss Magdalene was spared, I lost Sir Luka, which devastated me.

The last third of the game for me was predominated by people being shady and self-preserving, while also putting me on edge and in precarious positions. Knowing Miss Tiffany had very little wealth left, but that Miss Andre and Miss Magdalene had also bet almost their entire worth, I felt it imperative that we used all opportunities to rebuild our alliance and protect them. I STRONGLY campaigned to Miss Ruslinka to rewrite Sir Abram's list, as Miss Ruslinka had implied to me that Miss White and Sir Abram were closely aligned, which made me worry that Sir Abram would win the challenge and rebuild Miss Tiffany's wealth, but Miss Ruslinka said Sir Abram told her he ranked Miss Tiffany low, and did not feel as though using the inkwell was worthwhile. Sir Pavel also said to Miss Ruslinka, in a chat that was quoted to me, that I was pushing so hard because I was worried that Miss Ruslinka would use it against me later on, which was not true, but foreshadowed the decline of my alliance with Sir Pavel and Miss Ruslinka. I had just gone through the loss of a major ally, and wanted that to be prevented from needlessly happening again, that's all. Anyway, at the end of the day, Miss Ruslinka was correct in her gamble, and Miss Tiffany left.

During Phase 3, the double elimination allowed the counter-alliance, through a plan devised by me, the newly recruited Miss Eeslaine, and Miss Magdalene, to essentially block off Miss White and Sir Abram into separate groups, minimize their cash inflow, and prevent them from winning the challenge, thus duly sealing their fates. Part of this plan, however, relied on Miss Ruslinka rewriting one of their two lists, which she agreed to do, but ultimately did not. Fortunately, it did not wreck the plan, and the final two opposition members were eliminated, but not without Sir Pavel and Miss Ruslinka switching around our pooled bidding money at the last minute to prevent me from double-crossing them, which was something that I, the literal most gung-ho member of the alliance, would never even plan on doing. Miss Ruslinka tried to reaffirm our Final Four deal to me, but then used the inkwell against Miss Magdalene, who she knew was my closest ally, and threw us both into the bottom two of the rankings for the last two rounds, so the promises felt VERY hollow to me, and more the consequence of my former allies succumbing to paranoia. Miss Magdalene and I thought we had struck a Finale deal with Miss Eeslaine during Top 6, in an attempt to keep us all alive, but, as we saw last round, that clearly wasn't genuine either, costing the life of my last main ally.

So here I am, sitting here, asking y'all to please support me for the following key reasons:
    1. I feel as though I played the most active game out of all the finalists, as I never felt safe or complacent, and had to navigate through the opinions, fears, and goals of almost the entire cast.
    2. I think that, excluding the collapse of the Russian Royalty, I never once found myself in a situation where I considering having to, even slightly, compromise my integrity or loyalty.
    3. I was a dominant player strategically and competitively, as I always performed well to very well in competitions (barring ONE instance of technological difficulties), and I was also instrumental in nearly every single strategy employed by the various alliances I was in throughout the course of the game.
    I don't think ANY of my competitors can claim ALL THREE of these criteria as applying to them as well. I really worked my ASS off the entire game, and would love nothing more than for y'all to support me rigging the 2016 Grammy Awards : )

Quote Originally Posted by Lumina
    Ruslinka: Hallo. Look at big banner for game. Do you see big babushka? Da. That is me. Dis vas essentially foreshadowing to all of you to watch for Russy. I have played my heart out in dis game, and have approached every veek vith vigor and good effort. Allow Ruslinka to explain to the people vhy the Russy is a good Russy for the people.

Look at my arc.

Rags-to-Riches Arc: As you know I've had a pretty rough start in this game. I have tried to open conversations with a LOT of people in the cast, I was often second and third in the challenges of the Czardom, and I was constantly slept on. I am the only player (aside from the first few boots) who was never in the bourgeoisie or czar. However, I always put in the effort to talk and keep my options open and never gave up. I was bottom 3 for three weeks in a row, and sent to prison. After escaping prison, I used my social relations and challenge ability to maintain immunity for four weeks in a row in phase two, and I eventually secured my spot in the finale through my social game and amazing alliance, who trusted that I hold all of their rubles and make the highest bid in proletariat history, with over 250,000 rubles.

~ ~ ~

Active Strategizing & Risk Taking: I believe my first risk I made in this game was to ask to be sent to prison. I did not know who would win czar or be sent to prison in the weeks after, making my place in the game extremely uncertain and risky. After becoming the leader of the revolution; I was approached by virtually everyone except Magdalene. This was key to my strategic prowess. From here on out, it was balancing act of all my social relationships. I had a core alliance of myself, Thomnom, and Aandres, and I worked my social game as much as I could with my new-found power.

I was loyal to my core alliance, and made "big plans" with them. However, if things went wrong - I always had a backup plan when in case things went wrong. I still always talked to the "other side" - to always ensure my own personal safety. I made an alliance with Chokichi to ensure that the molotov was never used on me, I made an alliance with White in phase 3, (after our big fight) to influence their list in phase 3 for more money. I maintained an alliance with Abram to not be booted off of the communist party. Ultimately, I was close with my own alliance in phase 3 to ensure that I hold all of the rubles, so that I would be immune from the Russian Roulette. My alliance was always a priority, but I always had my own safety net in case things went wrong.

Additionally, with my alliance, I was the one constantly running calculations, making plans for 'worst-case-scenarios', and accounting for everyone's rubles and devising plans about how the alliance would proceed.

~ ~ ~

Big Decisions and Game Control: Throughout the game, I had the highest number of items in my possession, which allowed for my gameplay to be dynamic. I had to make a plethora of decisions, as well - including who to send into the civil war, who to have in the communist party, who to give my rubles to, who to form my alliance with, who to leak information to, who should hold the gun in Russian roulette, which side to play with, etc. Additionally, people have tried CONSTANTLY to influence my gameplay, especially with my item usage and 'bigger decisions' - but I never really listened... I was always in charge of my own game, and helped out myself, and my alliance as much as I could.

~ ~ ~
    Charity & Wealth Management: Throughout the game, I made charitable donations to MANY members of the cast. I was never the #1 Richest in the first few phases, as only the rich died in the WINTER of phase 1, and I only received about 30 rubles from those in prison - and I always gave up my earnings to the fabergé egg every round. Despite all this, I kept winning challenges, and was rewarded immunity in the communist party - and therefore left whatever rubles I had to my alliance, and to those who I have talked to.

~~~~~~~~~

All in all, I had a large influence over the course of the game, with my massive social circle, wealth, and challenge performance.

TL;DR VERSION:
    I rose to power with my risk-taking.
    I maintained my power with my challenge performance.
    I managed to survive the third phase with my social game, and social strategizing.
    ... and I hope I even made a few of you laugh with my constant roleplaying.
    ... hell, I even got into a fight, as well, which is rare for me!!!

I had constant dedication to the game in all aspects.
    I was social, I strategized, I performed well in challenges, I roleplayed, and above all, I had fun.

Thank you for listening, and thank you to Estquer for hosting this amazing game.

Good Luck to the other finalists!

Quote Originally Posted by Aandres
    Hey hoes

First off I just wanna say thank you to Estquer for flawlessly hosting this game for a third season! Your games are always my favorites, and I had so much fun playing this game again and I'm sad to see it end! It's crazy how we went through this entire game in almost a month.

When I first signed up for this game I genuinely did not think I would have made it to the final four. This cast was FILLED with amazing players, and I had people telling me that I may be a target after winning last season. Before this game began I made sure to try to approach a couple of people to already have allies in place when I needed them. Learning from last season, the first thing I know needed to happen was to form a group of people that I can trust, that can win challenges, and that others can trust. Last season I had an alliance with CupidStunt, Iron Muffin, and Thomnom and it was probably the most successful alliance I've ever had on RTVG so I talked to CupidStunt about rebuilding it and so we did! I also aligned myself with Vasshee, VanityEgo, RiddleMeThis, eagle2ch, betinez, BottleItUp, and Sir Bitter early on in the game which gave me a good amount of people to work with.

The first two dynasties were won by wccats and abstractfierce which I had no prior relationship with. I didn't know this at the time - but apparently there was an alliance going on between abstractfierce, xymandopex, CupidStunt, Iron Muffin, SoandSo, and RiddleMeThis. I do feel like my relationship with Cupid, Iron, and RMT helped me not be a target by either of the two Czars. The third dynasty begins and Vasshee wins and I'm really happy because it's finally someone I'm aligned with. I knew that I was safe that round and I was very relieved. As the game progressed during the first three rounds, Thom and I were noticing that Cupid and Iron were a little quieter to us than they were in the beginning of the game, and we realized there must be some other alliance that they're in. After SoandSo became the fourth Czar, Thom and I were FED up with the way things were going on and were talking about forming a counter alliance. At this point myself, Thom, and Lumina were the only three people that haven't been a Czar or on the bourgie and we knew we were the poorest people in the game. Thom and I approached Lumina about working closely together to try to help each other out, and I began talking to betinez and Bottle about the fact that there has to be a big alliance happening. Well, once SoandSo posted his bourgie and sent Lumina to prison the alliance began pretty clear. I believe it was in the middle of SoandSo's dynasty that Bottle confessed to me that SoandSo admitted to him that there was an alliance going on between Iron, Cupid, RMT, abstract, SoandSo, and xyman. Bottle and I knew that we had to form a counter alliance with pretty much everyone else left in the game if we wanted to stand a chance. I approached Thom, Vasshee, and betinez and Bottle approached Sir Bitter and wccats and together we all created a Have Nots alliance. <3 Everyone was down for the alliance and it was beautiful, but we knew that we needed one of us to win Czar next round if we wanted to stand a chance and the entire game was divided into two sides. Wccats winning Czar the next round gave me so much more hope in the game. I was FINALLY on the bourgie and the alliance that Bottle and I created was succeeding.

So phase 2 begins and I'm PUMPED. I'm one of Lumina's few allies and I basically gave him an update of what was going on in this game, but I also didn't want to tell him about the Have Nots alliance cause I didn't want him to feel excluded. Once Estquer posted the Civil War twist I knew exactly what needed to have happen - Lumina needed to pick Iron and Xyman as generals. I didn't want to make Lumina feel like I'm making him do what I want, but I also knew that there was no other better idea than picking those two so I strategized with him for a while until he finally came to the same conclusion. Although I would've preferred for Iron to stay over Xyman, I knew that the results of the civil war were mainly going to be luck and I was a little busy irl so I told Iron to just tell me what to do and that I'd do it. During phase 2 I really prioritized trying to keep close relationships with a good amount of people. I had Thomnom, Lumina, betinez, wccats, Bottle, and maybe Bitter all considering me a close ally and I also had ties to Vasshee and RMT. After Vasshee quit the game, there was a group of people that were really pissed off about what happened because we felt like we were in a big disadvantage now because of rubles. I was talking to Bottle about it and we agreed to form yet ANOTHER alliance So this new alliance consisted of pretty much everyone that didn't benefit from Vasshee quitting which was myself, Bottle, Thom, Lumina, Bitter, and SoandSo. Then when that twist happened we were ALL scared ****less and me being poor as **** was scared for my life. I got a really high amount of rubles because I was close allies with Bottle, Lumina, and Thom but part of me was worried that RMT was going to use his power on me so I bid a ridiculous amount of rubles since he told me he was going to use it on me, SoandSo, or Bitter. Bottle leaving sucked because he was one of my closest allies, but RMT also ended up leaving so I still felt like the alliance I had could succeed. After a conversation with betinez I wanted him part of the alliance I was in and everyone seemed to trust him so we included him in our plans. The next round the target was abstract and I was able to get enough rubles by the communist party and borrowed some from others to help me survive.

At the beginning of phase 3 I was away from the site for a few days so I kind of just did as what I was told through Skype whenever I could. This resulted in xyman and wccats leaving which were the two people not in our alliance so it made sense. Thom and I had a final 3 deal with Lumina, and after some discussion we agreed to go to the end with betinez. When Bitter won the gun challenge, we knew we had to guess right on who he was going to target or else one of us would leave. I posted in our alliance chat that I felt like Bitter may target Thom after a conversation I had with Bitter, but at that point Thom was already asleep and he bid 0 rubles. The next round betinez won the challenge and it was obvious what had to be done: eliminate the biggest challenge threat. We pooled all of our rubles together and Bitter ended up leaving.

And here we are! I'm honestly tired as **** and this was already too much to read I'm sure but I have a lot that I want to talk about so just ask me whatever you want! I feel like I had an amazing social game since day 1 and I had a big hand in uniting people together, with the help of Bottle, and always had a group of people that trusted me that I felt confident weren't going to turn on me. I truly enjoyed playing with you all and despite being some tension between a few of us I do think most of us are great players and it was so much fun to play this game one more time!

Alright, you've now had a chance to see what the finalists have to say for themselves. Oligarchs, you may now question the finalists for up to 48 Hours if you need any additional information to determine which finalists (if any) you wish to give your Influence Points to.

Last edited by Estquer; 08-14-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Achievements

: Oh wow, I didn't die after all. Anyway, I love all of you. I know my points aren't that valuable, but I hope that it'll help one of you win this game.

(Also, I'm rooting for Ruslinka and Eeslaine. You guys are such powerful kweens. )

Abram: Why hello. I am not ezpecially ecztatic to be voting for any of zyou, but I likely feel as though I have a decizion that will be eazier than zome of the ozerz.

However, I have a queztion for each of you and then a queztion for all of you.

Eezlaine, how many e'z are in your name? Did you figure it out yet?

Ruzlinka, did you know that I was going home at ze Final 08? What waz your involvement in thiz zetup?

Andre, why did you let me donate to you when you were planning my elimination in ze coming round?

Zavannah, I have abzolutely nothing but rezpect for you in zis game. My confuzion zurroundz the round with Argentina'z elimination however. You had felt betrayed by myzelf, which is underztandable
    but then went on to work with Eezlaine despite her benefiting from this zcenario much more than myzelf as zhe alzo received rublez from the departing Argentina. What waz your reazoning behind zis?

For all of you, I would like to zee you azzign your fellow finaliztz, Abram, az well az yourzelf a colour and why you zelected that colour for them.

Congrats guys.

First just to clarify to anyone who didn't know where Pavel's fear of the number seven came from – I played in both Proletariat 1 and Proletariat 2: Back to the USSR where I placed 7th both times, being eliminated both times in Phase 3 after being backstabbed both times. Needless to say I've kinda been through a lot in my three seasons of playing this game and I really, really wanted to win it this time so I'll be the first to admit that yes, I'm incredibly bitter that you guys are there and I'm not. But don't worry, I won't be unleashing Casimir-levels of bitterness on you.

My only questions for all of you are these: What would winning this game mean to you? How badly do you want this?

Look forward to your answers.
    Last edited by Thomnom; 08-13-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Achievements

Ew I literally hate you all

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

If you don't vote for Savannah you're homophobic and that's the tea

Achievements

Savannah can suck cocks in hell

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
    Ew I literally hate you all
    I agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2ch View Post
    I agree with this
    If you didn't want to get starved you could've spoken to me at ALL during the game bb!!

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

We'll join her soon enough who are we kidding

Achievements

I want to express that I am genuinely sorry and I regret orchestrating my own elimination in the manner that I did. Being a mess mentally, feeling like I didn't want to play anymore and feeling like no one cared about or valued me (which possibly wasn't even true) are not excuses for compromising the integrity of the proceedings like I did. I need to grow up. At the very least it was disrespectful to you Est and I am really sorry Est.

I am in no position to hold any bitterness and therefore my points are up in the air.

They (Estquer) came dressed like believers (that I'd be a normal and mentally stable player).
    I solicited for your trust yet was digging for your insecurities (telling you I was your ally then leaving the game as shamefully as I did).

My only question for the finalists is to please look at this list of songs by Dominique Cooper. Click the image:

Please choose at least one verse from any of the songs and relate the specific words it to one of your biggest hurdles/challenges in the game.
    Please express how you overcome that hurdle and triumphed. I encourage careful observation and spiritual discernment.
    Last edited by Vashhee; 08-13-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Thomnom View Post

My only questions for all of you are these: What would winning this game mean to you? How badly do you want this?

Winning this game... kinda goes beyond 'just a game'. I want it incredibly, incredibly, bad.
    This is a big question to tackle, so I just want to highlight how committed/proactive I was this whole game.

I know Savannah/SoandSo claimed to do the 'most work' strategically, but I think that is a huge assumption. I think you, Thom, can see first-hand how much strategizing we did together.... If I didnt want this badly, I would not have done all of the things I did in the game. I played so hard in the challenges. In phase 1, I constantly talked to people to try to get an inkling of an alliance together. In phase 2, I could have chosen to take a back seat and ~ride things out~, but I was on the forefront strategizing with you and aandres every. single. week. I constantly donated money to Aandres to put our plans into fruition and not see our allies fall. Additionally, even when the big alliance had its plan, you and me BOTH strategized alternative plans and never just accepted what we had initially laid out for the big alliance - especially in the latter half of the game.

I even downloaded skype on my phone for the sake of this game. I did it to constantly be in touch with you guys.
    SO many times I had said "Sorry, im just on my phone", because I always wanted to be in the loop of things.
    Betinez can confirm this as well - with the 24 hour deadline usually ringing in at around 2-3 A.M. for me, I lost sleep just staying up, waiting to see what results were. How many times did you wake up to my messages about the status of the game?

... As for what it means to me: I had it tough in this game. It went beyond "just playing" - and people like Yourself, Andres, Betinez, CupidStunt and even Xymandopex can confirm this. While asking everyone for an alliance in phase I, I was really upset and started to kinda realize that despite the YEARS I spent on this website, I never really secured any "friends".

There was an inkling of truth to what Xymandopex said about me when he called me 'disposable'. I know people on RTVG text eachother IRL, some visit eachother, and I know there are other group chats that I am not a part of. I dont have these super close personal connections after all of these years... and Ive expressed my own sadness at the skype groups not being as active as they were. I vented this to those mentioned above... and I never kinda felt respected as a player on RTVG - as I was usually an earlier boot in the "bigger" games on this site. So... in one sentence... winning this game would be validation. Validation in myself as a good game player. Validation from you guys that I am respected. Validation that I belong on this site.
    I know its corny, but thanks to this game, I actually got to talk to people like Sir Bitter, RiddleMeThis, CupidStunt and the alliance about things that went beyond the game... and I think winning this game is not only representative of my good gameplay, but of the friendships that Ive made along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by wccats View Post

Ruzlinka, did you know that I was going home at ze Final 08? What waz your involvement in thiz zetup?

For all of you, I would like to zee you azzign your fellow finaliztz, Abram, az well az yourzelf a colour and why you zelected that colour for them.

Your first question - Yes. I knew of your demise. We worked together kinda during your czardom but you were slowly teetering away from the group of me/andres/thom as you often acted on your own terms. Here are the examples:

(1) Asking me who I want to put in prison - but not picking any of my top 3 choices. I did not want to send Amber in AT ALL.
    (2) You knew of Gilly's plan to exit the game, and acted by not telling Andres at all, and since Xyman knew as well, it showed how close you two were.
    (3) Xyman and Bitter were both becoming targets in the coming weeks. We knew you were aligned with both of them and didnt know if you would choose them over myself/thom.
    (4) Because of all this, we were not sure if we could 100% trust you going in to Phase 3. You were amazing at challenges but did not seem to be communicating with me or anyone.

All things considered, you seemed to have small roots in every alliance, and this made us scared of you going in to phase 3.
    My 'involvement' dealt with giving Thomnom my rubles - in case LJ turned on us - LJ would have went home, and not you.
    Sadly, LJ won the challenge and kept to his word of wanting to target you.

~Colours~

Abram -
    Green - Green is a colour of mystery. It is neither warm nor cold. Its mysterious, and pairs well with anything, like how you pair well with anyone. This reflects you for reasons stated above. You were above all a mysterious presence in the game, and no one knew concretely where your head was at.

Savannah
    - Orange - Orange is not a quiet colour. Orange is easily visible. Orange can also be an eyesore. LJ was a rather ... sore?? player. Knowing I was in possession of items and power, LJ always let me know he was around after ignoring my messages in Phase I. He tried to influence my decisions about the civil war, my item usage... and was not easy to avoid. However, he never really succeeded as I never used my inkwell on you, or picked Drew/Max for the civil war.

Eeslaine
    - Gray - It is not the loudest colour, but Eeslaine was not the loudest player. Most of Eeslaine's game consisted of RE-acting instead of acting. Gray is practical, and tactical, which I believe Eeslaine was.

Andre
    - Blue. Blue is safe, blue is stable, blue is reliable. Andre represents this as my ally who never rocked the boat, or made giant waves himself. He was calm, cool, and collected all season.

Ruslinka
    - Red! - Red is Powerful, Red is passionate, Red is controlling. Red is Strong. And Red is for Russia! Red is also the colour font Ruslinka used all season when roleplaying. I felt like I was super passionate, powerful, and controlling and in this game, as I often had items and I was in a position of power to truly influence the course of the game.

Achievements

The person that make my game sound relevant the most will earn my 100 influence points.

Spoiler:  

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Vashhee View Post
    Please choose at least one verse from any of the songs and relate the specific words it to one of your biggest hurdles/challenges in the game.
    Please express how you overcome that hurdle and triumphed. I encourage careful observation and spiritual discernment.

• Dominique Cooper - "Whats Clear"

•••
    Whats Clear? Im a Dime. No - a paradigm.
    To that little girl that lives behind the picture painted by what she's fed to her ears, her mind.
    Speaking into existence her limitations as though - she defines...herself.
    Whether she be led, or misled, understood, or misread it all dates back to what she was fed.
    •••

I think this verse speaks to Ruslinka's journey because Ruslinka is a dime. A dime is currency and currency is valueble. Ruslinka was valuable to this game. This verse relates to my challenges in phase 1 - I was constantly led/misled, misread, with the promises that everyone made to me, wanting to be my "ally". "The little girl behind the picture painted by what she's fed to her ears" is essentially a euphemism / spiritual parallel to myself; as the verse says: to say "To the boy (Matty) that lives behind the picture painted by what shes fed to her ears (lives through what people say about him)... I exist only through my limitations (existed as to never being the bourgeoisie).. "She defines herself"... I essentially began to define myself in the game by not accepting what people said about me - and really rising to be a powerful and dynamic player in the game.

I didnt accept what people said about me and I chose to do something about it.
    THAT'S what's clear.

Achievements

Eeslaine shall start answering your questions tomorrow in the afternoon, guys! I was waiting a bit so I could answer many questions together and not spam the thread, and now it's kinda late for me to start working on them .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast