Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Dilemma 4 ◇ Finale ◇ Winner Reveal

Achievements

I am *THE* original babygurl!!!

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
    You guys need to chill. Brendan had an opening statement that explained his entire game and most of his gameplay was stats driven where all of it was out in the open and didn't really need a full on explanation. I don't know how reading the entire cast would have helped anyone decide who the winner should be.

Seriously, the questions asked to Amanda were - Why should you win, Compliment me, Read the cast, Pretend I didn't read your opening statement and re-explain your game.

Is it really that disrespectful that Brendan didn't answer those? It's more disrespectful that most of the jury didn't even post a peep in here regarding the finalists. At least Brendan had an opening statement that already addressed the actual two game related questions he was asked already.

Everyone played a really great game in their own sense. I think a lot of how you treat your allies during the game regardless of your explanation can heavily effect the outcome. Brendan didn't have to play as dirty of a game because he was in a power position and in winning so many challenges that gave him the opportunity to not have to betray people at certain points and rtvg is bitter and we don't like to award people who hurt us when there is someone who also played a good game but didnt hurt us.

Gary & Naz, both played an incredible game but they had to use more social strategy to get by which could have caused some of their allies to feel betrayed. I know it sucks to do what you have to do to make it to the end but that is the nature of the beast.

Max, I love you and I thought your game as an underdog was really interesting and you also deserved to make it to the final.

I split my votes between the people who were my closest allies in the game because I valued them during my stay and I thought everyone played a really amazing game so the loyalty I was shown was the tie breaking factor.

Congrats to the winner and it is too bad there couldn't be multiple winners.
    Basically all of the above.

I think the reaction to this win has been incredibly over-the-top, because while it's OK to disagree with the winner of a game, it's a completely different thing to resort to insulting the winner, and make assumptions about why the votes went the way they did. My reason for giving my votes for Brendan, for example, was far from being motivated by a perception of him caring about me or not. I care about Brendan, but I can honestly say the same about every single one of the other finalists. I love Max, I love Gary, I love Naz, but my criteria for this finale was simple: direct my votes in the way I found most likely to result in those who betrayed me losing the game. I've always been bitter, I will always be bitter, and personal relationship didn't play a part in this decision at all. If a newer/non-veteran player was in this finale instead of Brendan, I would still have voted for them over Tiffany and Giovanni, in case they made it to that point without backstabbing me. The whole point of jury games is to get the most votes out of all the finalists, and your approach to the game is what affects those. Brendan, for example, didn't get to the finals by betraying the two jurors that would end up having the most votes out of the entire cast (and, let me add, two people that are notoriously bitter jurors, those being myself and eagle), so that automatically greatly increased his odds of getting those votes. Jury management is as important, if not more important than answering FTC questions (most of them not even game-related, anyway), and that was definitely one of Brendan's strongest points in this game, so to completely disregard his win and call it undeserved is quite a reach, in my opinion.

Achievements

Seriously, the questions asked to Amanda were - Why should you win, Compliment me, Read the cast, Pretend I didn't read your opening statement and re-explain your game.
    This x100000

Gary & Naz, both played an incredible game but they had to use more social strategy to get by which could have caused some of their allies to feel betrayed. I know it sucks to do what you have to do to make it to the end but that is the nature of the beast.
    Also this.

Like...other people really played good games but the dilemma here is how you get to the end with enough people still liking you enough to give you the win. Amanda for sure did that the best and though she may not have answered those kinda BS questions, the responses I did see from the other people really DID NOT make me want to vote for them.

Amanda won because Amanda did what Amanda had to do to win. No more, no less. I'm sorry the rest of you didn't.

Achievements

GOOGLE DOC

It would be too much work to screencap all this so here is the raw data!

You can find player voting on the "Proceedings" tab.

The "R1", "R2", "R3", etc tabs includes social rankings, power inventories, power
    searches, power usage and other info for each round, as well as information already
    revealed in previous round epilogues.

If you have any questions, please ask me.

Answer to "Connections" challenge:
      Spoiler:  

Proof of pre-determined power locations:
      Spoiler:  

The above power grid is the powers at the beginning of R5.

topmodeluniverse1 can confirm these are real if anyone doesn't believe it~

Thank you again everyone despite this controversial ending~

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WANT DILEMMA 5!

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Vashhee View Post
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WANT DILEMMA 5!

Like....today?

Achievements

I'd recommend maybe waiting til next summer to get a big turn out, since that's when most people are on break. It'll give time for the results of 4 to sink in a bit. My only comment on the twists/powers from the current season was the over saturation of common powers, having 3 or 4 people getting -5 bombed EVERY ROUND got really old really quick . I like the change of no second chances, it kept you on your toes, but the thrill in older seasons when someone came back the first time and you had no idea it would happen also added a stressful element to the game which in my mind helped Dilemma build it's legacy. In short, either format works.

Achievements

If there is a next season im calling dibs on Kim Kardashian.

The drama of 2018
      Spoiler:  

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

Dr. Heavenly Kimes is ready to fix my Dilemma track record. And your busted grills, heifers.

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by abstractfierce View Post
    Vashhee, thanks for the game, I'm sorry that you have to sit with the walking victim complex being the winner of your first game back from a while of hosting. The amount of effort you put into planning this game did not deserve such a lackluster outcome.
    I love this whole tirade for the whole drama of it but like, there's something to be said about how none of the Dilemma winners are the "likeable" type. Jigsawce has been known to be a miserable see you next Tuesday (and I say this with all the love I have for him now), Thomnom is ADORABLE once you get to know him but boy does he not make it easy, Betinez is a mix of unbearably boring in his gameplay and excruciatingly extra in his roleplay, and I do feel like wccats fits right into that mix of people, in his own way.

I've come to accept that Dilemma is about the journey rather than the result.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by VanityEgo View Post
    I love this whole tirade for the whole drama of it but like, there's something to be said about how none of the Dilemma winners are the "likeable" type. Jigsawce has been known to be a miserable see you next Tuesday (and I say this with all the love I have for him now), Thomnom is ADORABLE once you get to know him but boy does he not make it easy, Betinez is a mix of unbearably boring in his gameplay and excruciatingly extra in his roleplay, and I do feel like wccats fits right into that mix of people, in his own way.

i like to call it worst of both worlds, makes me feel special <3

Achievements

I will just put it out there.. so that one day i can look back ~

i expected myself to get votes from Filler Chaze Ziduga Ho & Caio ftw..

i didnt expect jigs and rmt to vote for me at all

xD

Spoiler:  

Achievements

i like that even when you're sweet & insightful you're still a bitch lmao

congradz Brendan! Great job to the other finalists. And of course great job to Vash who hosted another great game even tho I was barely a part.

Achievements

all three of the previous winners <3 the fourth one; not so much

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526