Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: All Stars 3 Tea/Speculations/Spoilers

*re-enters RPDR sub-forum during off-season*

We don't even know if the spoilers are 100% true which makes all this huffing and puffing over racism ridiculous.

Modern-Day Top Model in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsawce View Post
    I agree with Luis on this one. I don't see how Trixie winning this season over the black queens is in any way indicative of RuPaul appeasing racist undertones amongst the fans of RPDR. If that's the case, isn't it racist that Violet won her season over Kennedy, Jaidynn and Jasmine?

Don't get me wrong, I'm aware of the fan reception towards queens like Shangela, Kennedy and Chi Chi, and I'm also aware of how racism can play a factor. Does that mean a black queen should be crowned every season? Does that mean we should be discrediting queens that do not fall into an ethnic minority group in order to accommodate queens that do? Point is, despite me actually disliking Trixie and rooting against her win also, Vashhee's posts on this topic rub me the wrong way a little bit because I don't like the fact some of us here are currently viewing the show and the season completely on the grounds of race, which essentially reduces all of the queens to a mere skin tone/ethnicity and ignores the fact that *shock* Trixie might actually win the show due to her comedy, talent or looks? This is an all-star season and we all have previous experience with all of the queens. Why are we only looking at/seeing them as "whites", "blacks" and "browns"?

RPDR promotes and encompasses the inclusion/equality of many marginalised groups, and this both pertains to and extends beyond the grounds of race. I find it futile to argue the point that the show is in some way racist - or appeasing its racist fans - considering that the SHOW ITSELF (and i ignore fan reactions, which are completely beyond the control of the shows producers, editors, or RuPaul) has absolutely no track record of racism or favouring a certain queen/certain talent due to her ethnic heritage or makeup.

Spoiler:  

Achievements

I just want to thank you Jig for contributing to this with a fair and logical post. I find myself agreeing with many of your points which have genuinely eased some of my concerns and, by proxy, help clarify and pinpoint the point I am trying to make and I'm glad someone with good grammar and eloquence could reply to me.

Even among the non-bigoted members of this forum, I expect that an issue such as racism will have varying degrees of personal importance, and that we will vary on our opinion on how relevant it is to a particular topic.

I could get overly-defensive, fumble over my words, contradict myself, get personal, cherry-pick at your post and rebut with half-baked "arguments" or try to make myself out to be a victim, but as I am not Luisdcv I think you are owed respect in return.

Something I do want to clarify is that I hope the best queen wins regardless of race, and if that is Trixie I will congratulate her. I wish race was an unrelated factor to who deserves to win and I wish more of the fandom saw it that way too. It's just unfortunate that, let's say if Bebe and Trixie were the F2, Bebe winning would in my opinion be damaging to her career as I imagine the outrage towards her win would be even worse than Bob would get. This is so unfortunate to me and is a big part of what encouraged me to speak up in the first place.

With that said, I'm glad there are fans of this show with brains like yourself, Jigsawce. It's just unfortunate that - ironically - you are doing a disservice to the more obtuse and toxic members of the RPDR fan community (such as RTVG member Luisdscv) because they will merely piggyback on your amazing post without learning anything. Unfortunately, I'm doubtful they have the capacity to understand, or even try to understand or acknowledge how racism can play a factor, as their blind entitlement and over-sensitivity to critique of their favorite queens means they cannot be rational.

We will have to see when we learn more information later, including when the show is airing. It's an unfortunate reality we will have to deal with toxicity and bigotry INCLUDING on this forum until the winner is announced. I'd like to remind those who privately informed me they also cared about this issue that the ignore list function on RTVG does exist for any member whose ignorance is being frequently offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashhee View Post
    I just want to thank you Jig for contributing to this with a fair and logical post. I find myself agreeing with many of your points which have genuinely eased some of my concerns and, by proxy, help clarify and pinpoint the point I am trying to make and I'm glad someone with good grammar and eloquence could reply to me.

Even among the non-bigoted members of this forum, I expect that an issue such as racism will have varying degrees of personal importance, and that we will vary on our opinion on how relevant it is to a particular topic.

I could get overly-defensive, fumble over my words, contradict myself, get personal, cherry-pick at your post and rebut with half-baked "arguments" or try to make myself out to be a victim, but as I am not Luisdcv I think you are owed respect in return.

Something I do want to clarify is that I hope the best queen wins regardless of race, and if that is Trixie I will congratulate her. I wish race was an unrelated factor to who deserves to win and I wish more of the fandom saw it that way too. It's just unfortunate that, let's say if Bebe and Trixie were the F2, Bebe winning would in my opinion be damaging to her career as I imagine the outrage towards her win would be even worse than Bob would get. This is so unfortunate to me and is a big part of what encouraged me to speak up in the first place.

With that said, I'm glad there are fans of this show with brains like yourself, Jigsawce. It's just unfortunate that - ironically - you are doing a disservice to the more obtuse and toxic members of the RPDR fan community (such as RTVG member Luisdscv) because they will merely piggyback on your amazing post without learning anything. Unfortunately, I'm doubtful they have the capacity to understand, or even try to understand or acknowledge how racism can play a factor, as their blind entitlement and over-sensitivity to critique of their favorite queens means they cannot be rational.

We will have to see when we learn more information later, including when the show is airing. It's an unfortunate reality we will have to deal with toxicity and bigotry INCLUDING on this forum until the winner is announced. I'd like to remind those who privately informed me they also cared about this issue that the ignore list function on RTVG does exist for any member whose ignorance is being frequently offensive.
    didn't bob win against an asian and a black queen tho? or do you mean is she would win against trixie?

Spoiler:  

Quote Originally Posted by Boby-LM View Post
    didn't bob win against an asian and a black queen tho? or do you mean is she would win against trixie?
    I was told by another member here that user is trolling for the sake of entertaining himself. There's no need to take all that b.s. spewing anymore

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Luisdcv View Post
    I was told by another member here that user is trolling for the sake of entertaining himself. There's no need to take all that b.s. spewing anymore
    Vashhee's reputation Oct 2008 - Nov 2017

~ RTVG ~ a flamboyance of flamingos ~

Long live Racist TV Games.

Achievements

"B.S." aside, I think I actually made multiple fair points based on my observations on online RPDR fans, what they post on social media and how it can actually impact queen careers even if I had to get a bit OTT to make a point. The hilarious part was that some people actually did try to cherry-pick at what I was saying. This was very interesting. By the way, I acknowledge and actually have hold a stance that the winner and the show should not be about race.

You are the cringiest person on this website, this post - which I'm not even sure if it's true - really just confirms it. Also, when you tried to argue that racism doesn't exist because there's non-white winners gave me a good chuckle. Please never change.

"B.S." aside, I think I actually made multiple fair points based on my observations on online RPDR fans, what they post on social media and how it can actually impact queen careers even if I had to get a bit OTT to make a point. The hilarious part was that some people actually did try to cherry-pick at what I was saying. This was very interesting. By the way, I acknowledge and actually have hold a stance that the winner and the show should not be about race.

You are the cringiest person on this website, this post - which I'm not even sure if it's true - really just confirms it. Also, when you tried to argue that racism doesn't exist because there's non-white winners gave me a good chuckle. Please never change.
    Racism is always on the fandom, that's obvious since racism is an ongoing problem on USA and most of the world,but the show itself has never been racist itself since its message has always been the opposite.Is as simple as that , even though you try to evade such fact.
    I personally find more cringe inducing to troll in such a way by a person who doesn't work,doesn't study and lives with his parents over the age of 30 but that's just me :3

Spoiler:  

To be fair, I dont think Luis ever said that Racism did not exist. Luis said that the racism didn't exist within the SHOW itself. Which I tend to agree with. Rupauls drag race is the one show on TV, that has offered us a wide variety of contestants, from different Races and Backgrounds, and so far, has not edited one race itself to be better than the rest (Unlike shows like Bad girls Club who tent to edit the African American castmates as reckless and such). Now, The FANS are some of the most vile fans I have ever met online, And that is a combination of Racism, and just plain taking the show too seriously. Sending death threats to queens like Jasmine masters, Kennedy Davenport etc, are entirely uncalled for, based on a show. Its moronic. NOW, Do I think most of these fans hate African Americans? No. I think They are simply naive, young, and dont know any better, but the slurs they have used are completely uncalled for and extremely racist. I think the only point luis was trying to make that since Drag race Winner is ultimately Ru Pauls Choice, and It is not a fan vote, who ever wins wont be about race, it will be whoever did the best and whoever ru paul feels could best represent the title of Americas next Drag Superstar, and besdies season 9 ( Sasha won via the twist but in normal format would have lost), and Possibly season 7, the most deserving queen has always won, and it has not always been a white queen. Now for your point on BEBE of Trixie winning ruining her career, I agree, but I dont think it'll be because bebe is african american for most of them., itll be because Trixie stans are like valentina stans, truly vile (I LOVE trixie btw), Now would they hurl racist remarks towards her? Maybe. Which in then would bring racism into the convo againBut they would hurl bigoted remarks to any queen who beat trixie this season. This just comes back to how drag Race fans are just awful.

All of this Aside, I truly hope the RPDR community can change, because this show is actually what helped me come out of my shell, and come out to my friends and even my mom. Its such a brilliant show that tries to show acceptance, but the young generation of RPDR cant see that and I hope they either change or quite frankly stop watching
    Last edited by Kaneoheboy96744; 11-14-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Achievements

Racism is always on the fandom, that's obvious since racism is an ongoing problem on USA and most of the world,but the show itself has never been racist itself since its message has always been the opposite.Is as simple as that , even though you try to evade such fact.
    I personally find more cringe inducing to troll in such a way by a person who doesn't work,doesn't study and lives with his parents over the age of 30 but that's just me :3
    Called it. I predicted you'd have no real rebuttal so you will aim to bring personal life into this.

For the record, I don't live with my parents (and I haven't for many years now), am currently studying and I am quite under the age of 30 lmao. Get your facts right or your shade will be really weak and cringe.

I actually agree with this point! RPDR is not a racist show. With such a classy and befitting final post from you, let's end it there~

Achievements

@ Me just being ignored in the drag queen racism debate of 2017.

My reputation has never been worse

Nov 2010 - Nov 2017

~ RTVG ~ a flamboyance of flamingos ~

Tbh this thread is more entertaining than the show's going to be itself.
    However I agree the show isn't racist, but the audience has the potential to be
    ​💛💚💙
    Vote
    for BrNTM here
    💛💚💙

When there's 3 black queens in the f4 and the WHITE queen wins
    Let me quote this post again for lols. The power of a unconfirmed speculation of a white drag queen winning over three black drag queen.

Last edited by cleomenstrua211; 11-14-2017 at 05:00 PM.

^

Spoiler:  

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast