Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LZF Ranks the Top 40 RPDR Lipsyncs

omg that flawless top 4 omg

rooting for Alyssa vs Coco FTW, both were so neck and neck IMO

i saw an article about a week ago that listed Chi Chi and Thorgy as one of the top 5 worst ever lip syncs (they did edit it to remove it later but still) and it was the most wrong bull**** i ever saw in my life.

i'm good with either of Alyssa's lip syncs winning, but i gotta root for DiDa, for turning a lip sync that took her from average filler to average filler with the greatest lip sync performance of all time.

THE GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD.
      Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Alyssa vs Coco for the win
    ​💛💚💙
    Vote
    for BrNTM here
    💛💚💙

Quote Originally Posted by heyy View Post
    I would LIVE if the lipsync between pre-mergers was Jiggly vs Alisa. Otherwise idk. Does Trinity count as pre-merge? If so it might be her vs Milk. Partners is either Thorgy vs Chi Chi or Coco vs Alyssa. Friends is probably Roar.

While I don't agree with your order 100% most of the LSFYLs you chose are fierce as **** so I'm glad you're paying tribute to them. The only ones in the Top 20 I'm not as fond of are BZB vs Ongina and Peppermint's assassination of Cucu. It's Raining Men <3 Twist of Fate <3 MacArthur Park <3 I would've expected Black Velvet to be in your Top 10 tbh.

I just noticed you haven't ranked Tatianna vs Yessica yet. I know you love that one, at least for the hilarity factor. Could it be part of the Top 7? :0 :0 :0
    LOL, there are some lipsyncs that I considered including for being enjoyable in how messy they were like that and Mimi vs. India. But ultimately, I guess I wasn't bothered to include it because it wasn't exactly iconic in its messiness and while Tatianna was good, it was nothing outstanding on her end.

A very good top 4! Jinkx and Detox is a great, offbeat one and very glad it is due to get some recognition.

Since it didn't make the list - may I aks your thoughts on Darienne Vs Ben to Point Of No Return, LZF?
    Team Jessica Wild for LZF RPDR rankdown 2016!!

Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever View Post
    LOL, there are some lipsyncs that I considered including for being enjoyable in how messy they were like that and Mimi vs. India. But ultimately, I guess I wasn't bothered to include it because it wasn't exactly iconic in its messiness and while Tatianna was good, it was nothing outstanding on her end.
    Aww I would've included at least a couple of those </3 Ginger vs Jaidynn for example is one of my favorite lipsyncs because it started with one of the contestants attached to Sasha Belle from the tit and the other to Tempest DuJour from the butt and it couldn't go anywhere but downhill from there <333

4. Malambo No. 1 -- the only one I'd have a lot lower. I can't argue with it being this high though, it's a killer lipsync, it just has a very specific style that I don't really vibe with.
    3. Shut Up and Drive
    2. Cold Hearted
    1. This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)

Achievements

Great entry. Chi Chi's performance is an all-time great and Trinity's performance in Whatta Man is definitely one of my top 3 individual lip sync performances.

Surprised Malambo No. 1 is still in, but pleasantly so -- Jinkx absolutely murders it in the best way. Cold Hearted and Shut Up and Drive are probably the show's two most intense, evenly-matched, high-caliber lip syncs... I don't know what it is about an Alyssa lip sync, but she rly brings out the best in all of her opponents. And, of course, Dida in Everlasting Love is forever the single lip sync performance to beat. I'm fine with any order. Great top 4! My personal preference would be:

4. Malambo No. 1
    3. Everlasting Love
    2. Cold Hearted
    1. Shut Up and Drive

Thinking about it - can we also have your thoughts on the Tyra vs Raven lipsync?

Spoiler:  

Click here for non-jank quality

4. Season 5, Week 11 - Jinkx Monsoon vs. Detox
    Song: Yma Sumac - Malambo No. 1 (1954)
    Judges' Winner: Jinkx Monsoon
    My Winner: Jinkx Monsoon

So I suppose this is the wildcard choice of the top 4 and is quite different from other outstanding lipsyncs to be on this show. The song choice was quite unusual and arguably catered to Jinkx's performance style, as she has an appreciation for old school references as well as very nuanced, characterized, performance style. Jinkx's performance here reminds me of a classic and unusual take on a drag showgirl. She's dancing to this somewhat sensual salsa number, but it's offset by this slightly turtle-like posture as well as these odd mannerisms. She works well with the erratic transitions within the song, particularly when she springs up from her slouch to belt out the operatic part of the song and then gyrates her body. And of course, she is working the mouth the whole time and is clearly very attentive and understanding of how this song is sung.

Now, Detox's performance here is mostly underwhelming because a) we'd already seen her do the jaw wiggle even better previously during the Take Me Home lipsync and b) Jinkx was just far more in sync with each detail, change of pace, and yelp within the song. It just felt like there was zero nuance or even pop in Detox's lipsync to where she would've stood no chance next to Jinkx. She also slipped out of character quite a few times. This lipsync is also important contextually because it was when all of RoLaskaTox called Jinkx undeserving of making top 3 (clearly out of jealousy) and Jinkx turning the one point in the competition when her back was against the ropes into such a moment for herself. This is the kind of lipsync that I don't expect to ever see on RPDR again and it is such a sweet taste of Jinkx's unique performance style as well as a clear argument in favor of her win.

Spoiler:  

3. All-Stars Season 2, Week 5 - Alyssa Edwards vs. Tatianna
    Song: Rihanna - Shut Up And Drive (2007)
    Judges' Winner: N/A
    My Winner: Alyssa Edwards

If you didn't completely sh** yourself watching this lipsync, then I'm not sure how you've watched or enjoyed this show for so long. I go back and forth on who won (I originally thought Tatianna won) and both gave us such a close match while interacting well with one another. Both of them delivered amazing choreography, but Tatianna brought more of the kind of beautiful sensuality that resembled more of how Rihanna would perform to this song while Alyssa brought the kind of campy characterization that lent itself well to the song. I love how Alyssa's mannerisms during the performance are goofy and suggestive at the same time and think she's one of few who could pull that combination off. I also love how both of them gradually revved up their energy throughout the performance and then, took off during the last chorus of the song.

Carson's face screams, "how the f*** am I to declare a winner to this lipsync?" Then they ended it perfectly in a way that resembled two different reactions to being caught speeding or doing something dangerous. Both of them just had incredible musicality and they corroborated off of each other amazingly for a lipsync that I can't imagine having been carefully rehearsed. Then, they closed the performance both striking poses as if they'd been caught speeding or doing something dangerous. While Tatianna performed in more of a pop star impersonator type of way where she easily adapted to the artist she was assigned, Alyssa performed moreso as the 35-year-old, kooky drag queen who can have fun with whatever she's given. I think this is a lipsync that most fans will rightfully call a tie. But if I had to give one of them just a little bit of an edge, it'd be Alyssa just because some of her elastic body movements in this performance were just unbelievable. But really, both queens left us so #shook with this nail-biter of a lipsync and it was only fair that Ru allowed a double comeback just for them.

Spoiler:  

2. Season 4, Week 3 - DiDa Ritz vs. The Princess
    Song: Natalie Cole - This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) (1975)
    Judges' Winner: DiDa Ritz
    My Winner: DiDa Ritz

This lipsync is just a burst of rejuvenation and sunshine and one of the few lipsyncs that has me living every time I watch it without me ever growing tired of it. Yeah, it may not have the contextual importance that many other lipsyncs in the top tier have, as DiDa is still such a random footnote of a queen who happened to make top 5, but a part of me appreciates that. It was a filler creating a moment for herself out of what seemed to be literally thin air. She captured just the pure, joyful spirit of the song that becomes contagious to the viewer. She has this swift sort of jive in every step that reflects somebody who's truly high on life. She also very closely and naturally interprets the lyrics throughout the performance. And during the climax of the song, there's such a facial intensity to how she's lipsynching that's difficult to pull off without tainting the effervescent vibe of the song, yet, she nails it. She's really not doing anything particular or specific in this lipsync other than walking back and forth across the stage, but she injects every movement with such life and truly expresses herself strongly from head to toe.

...And did the editors even try to highlight The Princess? The Princess here has one of the most under-edited lipsyncs that I can recall (if I'm not being distracted by DiDa wiping the floor with her), but is anyone really complaining? She definitely didn't seem to come even close to matching DiDa's energy when they were both shown in wide shots together. But for a one-sided lipsync, I definitely prefer that: save room for the star. This lipsync will always be a treat for me and on top of it just being incredibly cheerful to watch, its impact is amplified by the fact that you could've literally never seen this coming out of DiDa Ritz, a queen who gave little other season to be seen as a threat. It's just one of the most purely effective and enjoyable performances to ever take place on this show.

Spoiler:  

1. Season 5, Week 9 - Coco Montrese vs. Alyssa Edwards
    Song: Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted (1989)
    Judges' Winner: Coco Montrese
    My Winner: Coco Montrese

Okay, so when I saw all the posts wanting this lipsync to be #1, a part of me was tempted to choose something more unexpected. Then I rewatched the lipsync and realized that, in the words of Mariah Balenciaga, baby, if it's right, it's right. And this is the #1 lipsync to take place on RPDR, for the delivery from two top-notch performers, the closeness of the match throughout, and also it being the most contextually important lipsync on the show. Alyssa and Coco were mortal enemies from even before the show, having competed in a pageant where Coco had initially won, but got disqualified, leaving Alyssa with the crown. They carried their drama into the competition and both spent a lot of the competition having to depend on their lipsync skills week after week, so this was bound to be an epic match. As easily adaptable as this song choice seems, it actually does require a specific attitude and enunciation that both queens seemed to handle with ease. First, you had Coco nailing every lyric of that fast-paced verse with the perfect mouth-work.

Then, Alyssa had that spinning jump into the split once the chorus had arrived while Coco was stunningly spinning her wardrobe around to the song.

And even through all of that spinning, it still looks very much like Coco is wearing the outfit rather than the other way around, and it's very easy to get overpowered by this outfit. The moment that probably had me declaring Coco the winner of the lipsync though was when Coco got down on her knees and fiercely lipsynched with such enunciation, "SNAKE!". What makes me further realize that this is probably the greatest RPDR lipsync is that every still of it looks like a true battle in the most spectacular of ways. Both went into this lipsync truly hungry and ready to shed some blood, knowing that their pride was on the line and whatever happened then would override their previous pageant experience. It was a tight match that had both of them sneaking ahead at different points, but Coco rightfully came out on top and rejoiced while both of them established themselves as two of the strongest performers to ever be on the show.

Final ranking
      Spoiler:  
    40. Kandy Ho vs. Jaidynn Diore Fierce
    39. Shangela vs. Carmen Carrera
    38. Joslyn Fox vs. Laganja Estranja
    37. Derrick Barry vs. Robbie Turner
    36. Raven vs. Nicole Paige Brooks
    35. Chi Chi DeVayne vs. Naysha Lopez
    34. Alyssa Edwards vs. Detox
    33. Jujubee vs. Tatianna
    32.Katya vs. Alaska Thunder****
    31. Jujubee vs. Raven
    30. Alyssa Edwards vs. Ivy Winters
    29. Shannel vs. Akashia
    28. Detox vs. Katya vs. Alaska Thunder****
    27. Aja vs. Kimora Blac
    26. Shangela vs. Sahara Davenport
    25. Darienne Lake vs. Ben De La Creme
    24. Trinity Taylor vs. Charlie Hides
    23. Milan vs. Kenya Michaels
    22. Alaska Thunder**** vs. Phi Phi
    21. Raja vs. Carmen Carrera
    20. Trinity K. Bonet vs. April Carrion
    19. Jujubee vs. Sahara Davenport
    18. Latrice Royale vs. DiDa Ritz
    17. Bebe Zahara Benet vs. Ongina
    16. Coco Montrese vs. Jade Jolie
    15. Peppermint vs. Cynthia Lee Fontaine
    14. Sharon Needles vs. Phi Phi O'Hara
    13. Katya vs. Sasha Belle
    12. Morgan McMichaels vs. Sonique
    11. Adore Delano vs. Trinity K. Bonet
    10. Alaska Thunder**** vs. Katya vs. Detox vs. Roxxxy Andrews
    9. Manila Luzon vs. Delta Work
    8. Roxxxy Andrews vs. Alyssa Edwards
    7. Kennedy Davenport vs. Katya
    6. Chi Chi DeVayne vs. Thorgy Thor
    5. Trinity K. Bonet vs. Milk
    4. Jinkx Monsoon vs. Detox
    3. Alyssa Edwards vs. Tatianna
    2. DiDa Ritz vs. The Princess
    1. Coco Montrese vs. Alyssa Edwards

Great Final Ranking, the top 4 is arranged in the same way I would put them. Great write-ups, but I would put Tatianna as my winner for her lip-sync against Alyssa. Personally, I feel while Alyssa is a great, she does the same thing everytime.

Also, I think you got the context of Alyssa vs Coco wrong, Alyssa won, but got disqualified, leaving Coco with the crown.
    Last edited by IWokeUpLikeThis; 05-31-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Exactly as I wanted it <3
    ​💛💚💙
    Vote
    for BrNTM here
    💛💚💙

Quote Originally Posted by badgalboroz View Post
    Exactly as I wanted it <3
    Same

@LZF - Thank you so much for completing yet another entertaining and eloquent countdown. I am really glad to see CoCo victorious as the winner of the best lip sync as to me, she is well and truly the best at that. In my books, she did not lose any of her lipsyncs, even when she sashayed away against Detox.

I also had Tatianna as the winner for myself against Alyssa as Tati gave us variety instead of the same tricks every time she lipsynced and had a great r&b vibe throughout which went with the song perfectly.

I love Alyssa dearly and think she is a fierce queen and lipsyncer but the only lipsyncs I can say she won no contest were against Ivy (obviously) and possibly Detox. The Roxxxy one had her get the edge but Roxxy was so magnetic she took a fair bit of my attention throughout.

I enjoyed all this very much so thank you, if you would be interested in sharing your thoughts on some of my faves that did not make your top 40 like Tyra/Raven, Pandora/Juju, Raven/Alexis&Yara, Tammie/Latrice, Ben/Darienne to Point Of No Return - I'd love to hear it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234