Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 13 reasons why (Netflix)

If they're cancelling hits anyway, why don't they cancel this instead of Sense8? Sense8 needs one more season more than 13RW.
    m e o w

Love this **** <3
    ​💋

Thoughts on S2?

I'm torn, I feel like there was a lot of padding but there were some really beautiful material as well. Mr. Porter's episode and the Spring Fling scene will leave me crying forever.

Wish that it was the final scene and that a few parts were done differently.

That disturbing bathroom scene

Justin going back to using and them implying he may have passed something on to Jessica.

I get why they ended it the way they did with all of the recent school shootings, but Tyler heading off and Clay being stuck in no man's land felt like a poor way to end

To me, they did enough to give justice for a second season.

Although I think the episodes were a bit too long and draggy. But I definitely binged-watch it faster than I did season 1 (like someone was chasing me,lol) It no longer has the spark that S1 had that makes us look forward to each episode because of the tapes.

Courtney definitely redeemed herself this season (welcum to the club b!tch)

We may actually be getting a 3rd season.

Btw, this is my favorite track played in the 1st episode of 13RW. It matches the overall mood and tone of the series:

All Stars RPDR | Plastique • A’keria • Ariel • VANGIE • Brooke lyn

I am watching this right now (have watched the first 11 episodes so far). I read the novel first and it was really amazing. I wonder if anyone here has read the novel before because it feels so very different to the series and I think it is MUCH better. I do like the series a lot but the book really makes you feel with Hannah and Clay and their ways of thinking and really drew you in. I honestly imagined Hannah to be so much different and don't like the way she is portrayed (no offence to the actress). That is true for most of the characters, especially Clay's mum, who is the opposite of what I imagined her to be like. But the series is still great, but mostly for the "secondary" characters.

How can people here think Courtney was the worst? How was she worse than Bryce? I actually liked the series Courtney a bit more than I liked the novel Courtney but the novel Courtney was more interesting.
    Perfect picture: Sophie AusNTM C3

NTM'S NEXT TOP INSTAGRAM MODEL:
    https://www.rtvgames.com/showthread.php?t=246558

This series is such an awful representation of what depresion is lol

People can always say "this movie/tv show doesn't represent depression/autism/suicide/etc properly" as to say their is only one depiction of having an illness. Everyone goes through different things, just cause this story might not relate to what you go through doesn't mean something was an "awful representation" and it didn't represent others..

Anyways, after giving S2 some time, I can say it was mostly trash and unnecessary. The ending left a bad taste in my mouth. Give this show one or MAYBE two more seasons and be done with it.

I just finished watching season 2 and I really loved it, more than season 1 actually, maybe because season 1 of course is based on the book and I do prefer the book (I was one of the few people who actually read the novel before the show came it).
    What made s2 so good is that it dealt with really difficult topics without being preachy. Instead, it was very realistic and every character was explored more but still had the right messages. I could really feel with the characters. I really hope next season features Chloe even more. I thought her character was one of the most interesting ones. It annoys me how viewers tend to blame her. It must be so hard to find out your partner did all those terrible things and I think it is only natural to push those things aside and wanting to believe they are untrue. I was also confused on how viewers thought Nora was a good mom for not believing Bryce. I think a good parent would believe in their kid all the way like his father did. Also, Nora seemed to have never even cared about his son before so how can she possibly be a good mom? It seems like they will focus more on Monty now in s3 and I am interested to find out more about him and how he got so sick a person. I also hope to see more of Sheri again as she was hardly featured in the last two episodes.
    I don't think the scene in which Tyler was raped was as disturbing as I expected it to be; I was much more shocked by the suicide scene or Hannah's rape scene. I wonder why people were so concerned with that scene with Tyler as it was not the first rape scene. I thought it was good that they showed that men can also be a victim of rape and I think it is sad how the general public seems to be dismissing that completely, saying it was only done for shock value...

Achievements

The show showcases really well how a group of diverse and on different levels basicly likeable people (aside from Bryce and for me Marcus) react to an tradegy and their responbility for it.
    I only watched season one and I do not think I will watch the secound one. That does not mean that I didn't like the first season. However it feels really unlikely that the tapes aren't on the internet after that much time has gone by. I mean at least half of the subjects of the tapes will have made copies of them, Hannah' parents have a copy aswell as Tony and the existence is public knowledge.

Some minor issues (whithout any order):

I hate Justins tattoo. That thing must have cost a pretty big amount of money, which Justin does not have.

I don't really get Hannah's suizide. There are so many people who obviously cared for her. Not only her parents, Kat and Tony (and Clay), but also the poetry course. The glimpses we have seen felt like her caring for poerty and for that club - not just for Ryan and if she had told them about what happened to the poem they might have dismissed Ryan. She also never seemed unpopular at the school (unlike Tyler). If they protray her to commit suizide with so many strings of hope and love left, they invite other people to commit suizide aswell.

There might be to few girls who are responible (or at least one who is really mean). Nothing ever shown could have influenced all the other girls to just ignore her.

And how can Clay's mother take that job?! Can't his parents observe how he goes crazy and do something about it. They are really slow at some points.

Oh and just how cruel do you have to be to throw toillet paper on halloween on a house from which everyone knows that the only daughter has commited suizide. Not that I can not belive it.

I LOVe this show

The trailer for season 3 is FINALLY out! I cannot wait!

Finished this on Saturday but the end confused me a lot. Also I was so lost during the first two episodes, couldn't figure out the timeline of the events lol.

I had to rewatch the episode after Montgomery's father spit him, I thought I missed his death scene. Second did I miss the scene where they show where Clay went right after the fighting scene? Oh also didn't Ani have a bloody shirt on the first episode and rinsing the bloody sink, what the hell was that?

Fat, Fem(ish) & Caucasian Daniota's Avatar
    The "blood" on the shirt was the paint from the protest.

I also wish we had seen Monty's end. The show tried so hard to make Bryce seem human and like he could be redeemed, yet they didn't give us enough time to really feel for Monty (which I assume we will get in the fourth and final season).

The first few episodes were difficult to really get into because of the switching timelines. It didn't help that we quite quickly started to see the opposite of what Ani, the narrator, was saying. It was an interesting storytelling technique, but it sure was confusing.

I really like the way this show has gone to be honest. The first season introduced us to who everyone IS, who they're supposed to be. In the second season, it took Hannah from victim to human, which I really appreciated. This season gave us the redeeming qualities of Bryce while exploring some of the darker tendencies of other characters, showing us that Clay's "white knight" complex is a noted issue by the other characters. It gives me hope that we'll get to delve even deeper next season, and I hope Monty gets the justice he somewhat deserves, without the show going as far as it attempted this season to make us feel sorry for someone. I feel for Monty with his life, his feelings and whatnot, but his attack on Tyler still happened, just as Bryce's multiple rapes happened.

I watched the first few episodes of the first season but I kinda got bored, I don't remember why..

should I continue or are the next seasons worse or better? Idk I kinda want to watch the whole thing if I'm gonna commit to it.

Quote Originally Posted by EProduc View Post
    I watched the first few episodes of the first season but I kinda got bored, I don't remember why..

should I continue or are the next seasons worse or better? Idk I kinda want to watch the whole thing if I'm gonna commit to it.
    I agree that the first few episodes are a bit boring, especially the one ending with Clay taking a shower, I don't know if it's episode 5 or 6. However, the second half of the first season is a massive step-up and I loved season 2 even more. I have yet to watch season 3. I have to say that I read the book first and I liked it better (than season 1 since only the first season represents the novel) but I still love the show. It is one of the very very few shows I watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    People can always say "this movie/tv show doesn't represent depression/autism/suicide/etc properly" as to say their is only one depiction of having an illness. Everyone goes through different things, just cause this story might not relate to what you go through doesn't mean something was an "awful representation" and it didn't represent others..

Anyways, after giving S2 some time, I can say it was mostly trash and unnecessary. The ending left a bad taste in my mouth. Give this show one or MAYBE two more seasons and be done with it.
    At least 13RW's fandom isn't as toxic as those coming from, say, less-toxic shows.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123