Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Judge & The Jury - Winner Announced

Achievements

Social Lists #13

Everyone will now submit a ranking of everyone, excluding themselves.

- The person who is ranked first overall will become the Judge, and safe from eliminations.
    Judges have one dismissal per game to cancel the elimination.

- The lowest ranked player will become the Defendant, and up for elimination.

- The second highest ranked player will become the Plaintiff, and up for elimination.

Achievements

Thank you so much for the game Amber, I really enjoyed it.

Achievements

Lawsuit #13

The first key players in the courtroom this week have been determined,

Judge
      Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Congratulations Elsbeth! You are the Judge this round.
    You ranked highest on the social list and have immunity.
    As well as immunity you have the power to dismiss the case, careful though, you only get one dismissal per game.

Defendant
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  

Unfortunately, Elle, you were ranked the lowest on the social lists which means you will be the Defendant.
    You will be up for elimination.

Plaintiff
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  

Kyouku, you have ranked second, which means you will be the Plaintiff.
    I'm sorry but you are up for elimination.

Jury
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  

Gundham you are the sole jury vote.
    You will vote either Guilty or Not Guilty.
    Guilty means Elle will be eliminated.
    Not Guilty means Stanton will be eliminated.

You have 24 hours to vote.

This is the final round and will be determining the final 3!

Full ranking
      Spoiler:  

Elsbeth - 1.3
    Kyouku - 1.6
    Gundham - 2
    Elle - 3

Achievements

Jury Announcement

I the Jury find the Defendant,

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

GUILTY
    Which means,

Elle, you have been eliminated from the game.

OOC: Thanks for playing David! It was really interesting to see your arc in this game. You did a great job and I loved having you come this far!

Achievements

Congratulations final 3~

You've made it to the finale.
    You will now campaign for the votes to become Chief Justice and win the game.
    The Jury is made up of ALL the eliminated contestants.

Please post your campaign speeches, and feel free to privately campaign to the jury members.

Gundham: I am unavoidably detained today. Await my return and the subsequent unveiling of my glorious campaign with bated breath!

~ Gundham's Campaign Speech ~

WARNING: Will be long. tl;dr at the bottom.

Well, well. It would seem that even the best efforts of my enemies were not enough to crush me.

Let this be a lesson for future generations! Fuhahaha!

Nevertheless, it would appear that I must bow and scrape for your votes in order to achieve my rightful crown.

Thus, I prepare to once again do battle with my oldest and greatest nemesis...

...Social Skills!

It will be an arduous battle, to be sure...

Anyway, let us begin. I entered this game in a position of weakness. I lack much in the way of social connections, and I have had little success in previous games on this forum. I did not expect to be blessed with a position at the end of this game, and resolved myself to merely enjoy the Gundham Tanaka experience as much as I could.

"Why?" you may ask, "Why should I cast my vote and bestow the hallowed title of Chief Justice to such a plebian?"

Er... because it would really mean a lot to me, I suppose? I haven't properly won anything on this site, and this win would really help me feel like I'm more a part of this community. Also, I can't honestly tell you how much I would love to win as Gundham. He's one of my favorite characters in anything ever.

But, if sentimentality does not sway you, never fear! Because, you see, my strategic prowess cannot be denied! At the very start of the game, I had only two promising social leads: a friendship with Sofie, and a shared Danganronpa fandom with Kyouko. I was later invited to join an alliance with the two of them and Jeri, which suited my tastes just fine. We dubbed ourselves "The Mediocrity Alliance," and our stated aim was to remain in the middle of the pack and avoid drawing attention to ourselves. By keeping each other off of our Lawyer Lists and consistently ranking each other in the middle, we were more or less able to avoid putting ourselves at risk.

I cherished this alliance dearly, but I didn't remain solely committed to them. Around the second round, Elspeth approached me to work together. Since ranking her #1 wouldn't conflict with my pre-existing deals with the Mediocrity group, I happily agreed. Elspeth consistently ranking me high and the Mediocrity Alliance ranking me in the middle allowed me to remain comfortably in the jury realm without becoming a conspicuous figure. I supplemented this strategy with consistent public roleplays; I did these to ensure that people wouldn't forget my existence and drop me to the bottom of their ranks in favor of more visible board members, but would also only regard me as a relatively harmless satellite character who was worth keeping around for amusement's sake.

I kept this strategy going for the first several rounds. After all, if something isn't broken, it's pointless to fix it!

Chaos asserted itself in eighth round, when I found myself unexpectedly sitting in the judge's seat. I had no desire to be visible at this point. After all, the tallest poppy in the field is the first to be mowed down. We saw as much in the first lawsuit, when Harvey and Laurel were sent home. So, naturally, I publicly called everybody who voted for me a fool and proclaimed myself God-emperor of the universe, which had the desired effect of torpedoing my rankings for the next round. Jeri left the next round, leaving the Mediocrity Alliance down to a lowly two, and it became apparent to me that I needed to step up my game and take a more active role if I wanted to win.

These events resulted in my path taking a dark turn. I struck up an accord with Vincent, who I had previously voted against in an ill-fated attempt to save my alliance mate, Jeri. I wanted to keep him around as a future ally, but he wound up on the block against Kyouko and Stanton. There was no way to surpass the inevitable: I had to plunge the knife into an exposed back. There were pros and cons to either path, but Stanton approached me with an offer of recompense, and Bonnie did not. Two future jury votes in my favor was better than one, so I grit my teeth and regrettably bade farewell to Vincent.

Vincent, it was not an easy decision, and I want to take this opportunity to apologize for it. I hope that my actions here will not color your future opinion of me.

Furious at the dilemma I'd been forced into, I resolved never to be put into such a situation again. I would become master of my own fate, or I would die trying. My first, and only objective, was to survive and make the finals with those I had sworn fealty to: Kyouko and Elspeth. When I regained the judge's throne, I realized that this was quite possibly a coordinated attempt to force me into the plaintiff's role and eliminate me. Elspeth had previously divulged to me that there were other people working with her and repeatedly putting her in the top spot, so I reasoned that I was likely being set up by these same allies. To this end, I dropped Elspeth a bit lower on my list to hopefully ensure that I wouldn't wind up getting the plaintiff spot, and made aggressive moves to eliminate those with whom my social bonds were the weakest: Elle and Wes. Wes seemed to be the more visible threat amongst the two, so I made it known to my allies that I would be ranking him last. They followed suit and he was eliminated. I attempted to pull a similar gambit on Elle the next round, but it backfired. Both Kyouko and Elspeth viewed Stanton as a threat to their own survival, and reckoned that Elle would be guaranteed fourth in the next vote, thereby giving both of them better odds of survival. I couldn't very well tell either of them that I had enough sway with the other to ensure that Stanton would get fourth anyway, so I sat back and let them finish him off.

However, Fate is a fickle mistress. When tallying the results at the final five, our dear hostess's calculation error revealed that Kyouko was higher on my list than Elspeth was. This revelation nearly ended my partnership with Elspeth, and I was forced to do some quick backpedaling to keep her from approaching Elle or Kyouko to cut me out of the finals. It worked, or at least worked well enough for me to survive the next round. I helped structure our three votes in such a way that Elspeth was guaranteed to be the judge and either Kyouko or myself was guaranteed to be the sole juror and could save the other by eliminating Elle. Elle did make a strong case for her own survival, but despite whatever other dark deeds I may have orchestrated, I had no desire to backstab either of my allies. I may not have been entirely honest with either of them, but I didn't want to see either of them leave the game. I felt horrible enough about Vincent's elimination that I didn't to want to sully my integrity any further. The plan went off without a hitch, and now the three of us stand before you.

I have the utmost respect for my fellow finalists, and I believe either of them would make a worthy Chief Justice. However, if one looks at the track record, the decision is clear!

Out of the three of us, only one was never a plaintiff, defendant, or lawyer at any point in the entire game. I eluded the target without fail, round after round. I believe this to be the critical evidence of my strategic acumen, affirming my choice to lay low when necessary, and accelerate my game at the appropriate time. I may not have had a fantastic social game, but I hope that you will still reward my strategic planning and commitment your votes. If not, well, I certainly understand. Whatever you choose, the game has been entertaining and engaging, and I for one am glad to have taken part. Amber, thank you for your efforts in hosting. It has been a pleasure to play your game and experiment with the Tanaka character. <3

tl;dr - I orchestrated a lot of stuff, my strategy was boss, I was literally never at risk of going home, and I really badly want to win, so please vote for me and I will appreciate it forever.

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

Okay yeah I rode the coattails of much more socially relevant alliance members like Jen and Gundham.
    I am very happy to be in the final 3 despite never being the Judge (as far as I know). Jen set up a group alliance that revolved around us getting mediocre placements throughout the game, and quite frankly that game philosophy just happened to be a perfect match for my position in this game, so I never really needed to put in any effort or whatever, at least till F5 where I offered a F3 deal to Miss Elsbeth.

So yeah vote for me if you like me more than the other 2 and don't really care about honouring this game with a super gameboty winner.
    Thank you Amber for this fun game <3

Achievements

But in this silly, wild game I was forced to. But the more friends, the merrier! So I started the game without any ties to anyone. I don't play strategy/social games on the site much so I didn't have any sort of bond with any other player... which is why I was terrified of being ranked dead last in the first week. I decided to take the take the plunge first and see how I place to gauge my standing before I decided to go on the offensive. Following the second round, I approached a bunch of different people separately: Gundham and Wes (cause I thought they were outsiders too), Stanton (purely because I liked him), and finally Caitlin and Nick (since I thought they could potentially be stealth threats). I intentionally stayed away from the 'veterans' since I just assumed they'd playing together.

This strategy was very, very risky since my crazy self told everyone I was ranking them first each round and them reciprocating it (at least that's what they were telling me). For the most part it worked ridiculously well. I was constantly near the top, even snagging the Judge position a couple of times. But I was also in constant danger of being in second place which almost got me cut once, if not for someone not voting. My loyalties were put into question once people put two and two together but I managed to keep myself afloat with some white lies damage control. While I did not put everyone I am aligned with at first place (I've constantly put Gundham first since we partnered up), I did put all of them at the top of my list and never once faltered in doing so. I was loyal all throughout even when Caitlin's other alliance came to light. I still voted to keep her since I thought I could still work with her.

After a series of unfortunate non-voting incidents (), I was finally left with three allies still in the game and had the numbers so to speak. I grabbed the Judge spot two times in a row in the late game without making any waves. Gundham and I talked about who to get rid of next and did it successfully. I wasn't aware that he and Kyouko were working together but it still worked out for me in the end.

tl;dr: Vote for me cause 1) I'm not as gamebotty as someone else on the Final 3. 2) I managed to get the Judge spot a lot more times than the other two. 3) Made separate connections to individual players, managed to stay loyal and not get caught in the crossfire. 4) You like 3D people... and redheads.

Happy voting!

{.Chabernaud. Nawrat. Pozzi. Ueda. Kafka.}
    Survivor 35: Desi, Simone, Katrina, Cole
    Project Runway 16: Kentaro, Batani, ChaCha, Amy

Achievements

Thank you everyone for your statements.

It is now time for the Jury to vote for the winner.

Welcome back our Jury.

Elle - buecey11
    Stanton - eagle2ch
    Wes - tinchowilly
    Bonnie - Lumina
    Vincent - Iron Muffin

Jeri - Estquer
    Nick - Stevenacious

Caitlin - FashionLover
    Diane - BottleItUp

Sofie - wccats
    Annalise - Mr.NickiMinaj

Ed - spoler345
    Michaela - SoandSo
    Connor - Jigsawce
    Valerie - Lou
    Harvey - ziduga
    Laurel - betinez

Achievements

The time has come to reveal the results of the vote.

The person who has been voted Chief Justice, and winner of The Judge & The Jury
      Spoiler:  

by a vote of 9-2-2
      Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

CONGRATULATIONS GUNDHAM!!!!!

You have outlasted everyone and have won the game!

ooc; UblazRob! Congratulations! I was not expecting this at all, this is such a surprise and a pleasant one at that. You came here as a very underrated player and made the perfect connections to propel you through this game. I know you shared some of your gameplay with me and I have been impressed with your ability to manipulate and strategize. Thank you for putting in so much effort and I am really happy to see it paid of for you!

Elsbeth/Filler & Kyouku/VanityEgo

You guys share the title of Runner up!

ooc; Filler, thank you for signing up. Your arc was incredible, you were judge so many times! The most out of anyone, it goes to prove the strategy you played with getting everyone to rank you first really did pay off. Some thought that was a risky move to go for first but you slayed it. Thanks again for playing.

ooc; Vanity, I thought you had this in the bag. I'm not too sure of your exact strategy here but the deals you made clearly worked because you made it to the end without making any huge moves. You were usually always on the jury and only ended up being up for elimination once at the very last round of the game.

Thank you everyone for signing up and playing.
    (except you **** faces who DNS)

Please let me know your thoughts on this game as it was definitely a spur of the moment idea and I'd like to know your feedback.

Also, here is a chart of the game.

https://i.gyazo.com/a32703f1da471c65...9eab499a54.png

Achievements

Congrats to the winner!

Im happy you won!

I am *THE* original babygurl!!!

You three were all awesome but I am very happy for the winner. Congrats! Amber I enjoyed this game a lot, thanks for hosting

lol congrulatoins
    CAN SOME ONE COULD COMMENT ON MY ZBB 13 CAST.

http://www.rtvgames.com/showthread.p...49#post4919549

Achievements

Congratulations! You definitely deserve the win. Wouldn't be happy if I lost to anyone else tbh. Thanks for the game Amber! This was a very creative and refreshing game concept. Looking forward to what else you could come up with in the future! :else

{.Chabernaud. Nawrat. Pozzi. Ueda. Kafka.}
    Survivor 35: Desi, Simone, Katrina, Cole
    Project Runway 16: Kentaro, Batani, ChaCha, Amy

Achievements

Congrats my friend!!! Well deserved.

L U N A

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

Thanks to the two players who voted for me, also congrats babygurl <3

Thanks so much, everyone. <3

This really does mean a lot and I'm over the moon right now. Thanks so much for a fun and creative game, Amber!

Any jurors who voted for me, feel free to hit me up for a favor anytime <3

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567