Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Nina Bo'Nina Brown

Achievements

I find it almost hypocritical that some people on this forum (and other places) love Trinity K. Bonet but dislike Nina Bo'nina Brown when their defeatist archetypes on the show were virtually the exact same. *~*

Candice x Rosie

RTVG Apprentice AdonisIncarnate's Avatar
    With Trinity K Bonet, it felt like working with Bianca was helping her to change her attitude. She stumbled in the performing challenges in the beginning, but there was some progress and she was getting her **** together when she got eliminated. She grew out of that defeatist attitude.

With Nina it was the opposite I felt. Nina started off with all the goods - a unique look, performance skills, humour, charm, etc. But as the competition went on her attitude went south and it felt like she kept getting in her own way.

I don't dislike Nina at all, I just know how it can be emotionally draining always feeling like you have to prop someone else up and be co-responsible for their mental well-being. I wish her nothing but the best, because she's got the C.U.N.T. to be great if she can get those demons out of her head.

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

Her ReUnion look - FISHY AF.

Nina proved she can do ANYTHING, she is so ****ing talented.

^ Thought I was looking at Trinity K Bonet

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

Cosplaying TKB.

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Nyan View Post
    I find it almost hypocritical that some people on this forum (and other places) love Trinity K. Bonet but dislike Nina Bo'nina Brown when their defeatist archetypes on the show were virtually the exact same. *~*
    It's weird because I didn't really care for TKB, but I could relate to Nina on a really deep level. Maybe because my inner demons tend to win in situations of pressure, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyan View Post
    For me, the difference is that Trinity actually got some redemption. Plus, the "she's standing in her own way" edit only lasted a few episodes with Trinity while it pretty much defined Nina's whole stay. We got more of a fluid arc from Trinity whereas Nina's edit was more one-note. Also, I found Trinity's relationship with Bianca interesting and endearing in a way that I didn't find Nina and Shea's relationship.

I can see what you're saying though. I always saw the similarities, which made me surprised when I actually turned out to not like Nina.

Nina also seems to have a much larger inner-saboteur. Trinity just thought that she couldn't do certain things, but Nina thought that other contestants were trying to mess her up (plus thinking that Atlanta queens hated her). Trinity also ended at a high note with her final lipsync and look. Nina is one of my RPDR faves, but I completely understand why people would be completely annoyed with her on the show.
    Tarja Turunen: Eternally my queen!

RTVG Apprentice
    her Peach look will forever be an iconic on the show imo.

i think that Trinity K and Nina Bo'nina are kind of the same up to a point.

Trinity started strong, then fell, then emerged strong again, until her elimination. Nina started even stronger, then suffered a gradual fall that culminated in her elimination. Trinity had more of a tackling of her demons, while we saw Nina's kinda end up consuming her. Nina didn't quite get the redemption that Trinity did, and i think it ended up souring her a bit for people.

that said, i don't disagree that it is has a hypocrisy that people will just hold it against Nina when they're perfectly happy to shrug it off for Trinity. it's exactly the issue Nina tackled the most, and that is thinking everybody is against her, specifically.
    wake me up

at the end of the world...

hard dxck and bubblegum DannyBxtchh's Avatar

2:15 her predicting the winner of the season though!! she should add "Prophet" to her many names

I just couldn't get on board with Nina as I found her negative attitude far too off-putting. By the reunion I was hoping for her to come across as having developed and learnt more about herself from being on the show, but sadly and irritatingly this wasn't the case.

She looked gorgeous in the finale and I loved her winning week one looks (Gaga & Tangerine), but otherwise her cosplay came across as one-note and extremely predictable. Given a few years, confidence and some development I think she could be the Angelea Preston of Drag Race. Although I have never liked Angelea haha!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516