Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Episode 13 (Finale) Discussion

The finale was amazing up until the votes. Hannah deserved the win much more than Adam IMO as she controled most of the votes but for some reason she was not respected by the jury. It's a shame, I feel like Adam won because of his personal story instead of him gameplay.

Super excited to see Sandra back but I'm extremely afraid she will lose. I'm glad they showcased her and placed her in the first row and in the middle (prediction she wins perhaps?)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Adam won out of pity. And how was Adam the one who told Ken to voted Dave out? I thought I saw HANNAH out talking to him in the water about it. I mean I wasn't really 100% focused but still! SHE SHOULD HAVE WON!! Either way I liked this F3. I couldn't stand and of the others left. Bret, idiot, Sunday, most hated of the season - thank God she didn't make the finale!!, and Dave, annoying AF. Jay was OK, but predictable as winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Adam won out of pity. And how was Adam the one who told Ken to voted Dave out? I thought I saw HANNAH out talking to him in the water about it. I mean I wasn't really 100% focused but still! SHE SHOULD HAVE WON!! Either way I liked this F3. I couldn't stand and of the others left. Bret, idiot, Sunday, most hated of the season - thank God she didn't make the finale!!, and Dave, annoying AF. Jay was OK, but predictable as winner.
    It was totally her, but the jury just didn't believe it. We didn't see it, but Adam probably told the jury it was him who convinced Ken by using Hannah or something along those lines

Achievements

Yeah, I do think its totally a pity votes for Adam to win which sucks. The thing about FTC case is that, the jury thinks who needed the money the most over a great gameplay.

During the whole finale, I thought "Wow, Hannah gets this" because she was actually the one dictating the votes in many TC. Adam was never even in control of his own faith. And Ken played a better game over Adam too.

That FTC sucks too, no opening statements.

Hannah, Ken, Adam was what I was expecting but wanted Ken, Hannah , Adam scenario.

Spoiler:  

KEN AND HANNAH WERE ROBBED TBH

I actually thought Adam deserved the win tbh. Hannah really surprised me at FTC with a great performance, but while she did dictate more of the game than Adam, I don't think she was making particularly GOOD moves. Had she won I would've been happy, but she wasn't robbed by any stretch of the imagination I don't think

Survivor has been good for 3 seasons in a row now (Cambodia, Kaoh Rong, this one). I hope it'd be 4 seasons in a row with Game Changers.

As for the FTC, I think Adam would've won no matter what. He got at least Jay, Bret, Sunday, Will, Chris, and Zeke voting for him, and his mother story simply assured him a clean sweep. Hannah would've won if she didn't get all over the place when Adam attacked her gameplay because she did actually play the most strategic game. She got Aubry'd where people didn't believe her just because she was too hard on explaining. Ken had no chance, he was talking about loyal game when in fact he betrayed the person who trusted him the most at the very end. He only had a chance with David and Jess.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Muffin View Post
    I actually thought Adam deserved the win tbh. Hannah really surprised me at FTC with a great performance, but while she did dictate more of the game than Adam, I don't think she was making particularly GOOD moves. Had she won I would've been happy, but she wasn't robbed by any stretch of the imagination I don't think
    Agreed. I don't think people who think Hannah deserved the win are really paying attention; she controlled the game to an extent, sure, but the edit always emphasized how her moves weren't actually good + how offputting she was to other people. I don't know if a unanimous vote was really correct but Adam was definitely the right winner of the finalists.

Survivor has been on a roll since Cagayan. It's found a way to be fun and fresh again! Cagayan, San Juan Del Sur, Cambodia and Kaoh Rong were all awesome seasons; this and Worlds Apart aren't my favorites by any stretch of the imagination, but so much better than the post-HvV dark ages. Lots of fun characters in this one, even if I would change the boot order drastically.

I don't think anyone in the final 3 played a very good game. I think Ken's strategy was the most sound, but there was no chance that he would win when the Jeff + the cast were circlejerking about #BigMoves the entire season. Adam, despite his poor gameplay, won because Hannah and Ken were not respected by the jury at all -- and I do not think his personal story changed the outcome. I am ok with Adam's win, but I am irritated by how the cast/production are trying to legitimize his win by saying that he was ~strategic~ and made #BigMoves, when he played the worst strategic game of the final 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonic View Post
    I don't think anyone in the final 3 played a very good game. I think Ken's strategy was the most sound, but there was no chance that he would win when the Jeff + the cast were circlejerking about #BigMoves the entire season. Adam, despite his poor gameplay, won because Hannah and Ken were not respected by the jury at all -- and I do not think his personal story changed the outcome. I am ok with Adam's win, but I am irritated by how the cast/production are trying to legitimize his win by saying that he was ~strategic~ and made #BigMoves, when he played the worst strategic game of the final 3.
    I want Ken to win but I think Adam deserved it way more. Ken was basically doing what David told him to do until Final 5.
    The edit emphasized how Adam tried to connect with the others emotionally, so I do think Adam has the strongest social game out of the 3.
    Out of the 3, Ken definitely played the worst strategic game. I think Hannah would've won if she was more out there.

Achievements

The thing I found most intriguing about last night is that it really highlighted the concept of perception vs reality. That has always been a given on Survivor, but I can't remember a more glaring example of it than at this season's FTC. I think we, as viewers, are sometimes overcritical on castaways because we're being given the full picture of what's happening on the island. So we know Chris' speech was off the mark; Adam actually had little to nothing to do with Ken's decision to vote out Dave. However, the jury got to that consensus on the limited information they have. I'll admit I still hated Chris' speech because it was smug and unnecessary At first I was underwhelmed that Adam won: I like him as a person and thought it was a beautiful end to his story, but I can't remember a winner who had more missteps strategically than Adam did. Then, I got to thinking about how Adam presented himself to the jury and his social game far surpassed that of Hannah & Ken and I appreciated his win a lot more. He'll probably remain more of a Michele type winner where people "don't get" why he won even though there's nothing to get. And for the people saying he won due to sympathy: c'mon that's absurd! Read any of the jury's exit press and Hannah/Ken were pretty universally considered THE goats of the season. Those outside Ken's core group didn't like him (Will had a confessional dedicated to mocking him & it was super clear Bret and Chris hated him) and Hannah's move at f5 highlighted everything she did wrong in the game and was an excellent precursor to her decimation at FTC. I will say that I'm a bit frustrated that Adam won unanimously though Winning in a landslide was once considered an anomaly and it feels like forever since we had a close final vote. Adam is nowhere near being in the same league as Earl, JT, or Jeremy (eh @ Cochran ).

That Sandra confessional got me so wet Can't believe she's back! I'm also terrified now though: the people Jeff brought out on stage are more-or-less the stars for next season and I dread a repeat of All Stars where the lessers are sitting at the end.

uhm queen?

really really love final 3

follow me bitches

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234