Josh, 30, a successful entrepreneur and self-made multi-millionaire by the age of 24, has become a driving force in the cosmetics and beauty industry. Josh is co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer of GoSMILE, Inc. (www.GoSMILE.com). In less than three years, he and his partners in the company have effectively established GoSMILE as the innovative pioneer and leader of the newest category in prestige retail, called Smile Beauty. Prior to this venture, he had successfully helped build and run a multi-media marketing services company, Student Advantage Inc., valued at over a billion dollars at its peak in the stock market. Over a nine-year period, Josh built and managed various aspects of the company, driving the growth of the company from 12 people, generating $400,000 in annual revenue, to nearly 500 people generating over $85 million in revenue. He received his B.S. in marketing and finance from the University of Albany. He married his high school sweetheart four years ago, and they are expecting their first child this January.

Interview:

When will you consider yourself "a success"?
By many accounts, I consider myself a success already. Personally and professionally, I have achieved great success in my life, and I know this is only the beginning. Most importantly, I awaken every day with a smile on my face and a passion for life that is hard to quantify by any metric. Success is clearly a personal definition, but I am looking forward to continue having a positive impact on others, creating value, and enjoying the journey on my road of success.

How would you describe your leadership style?
I lead with respect and by example. If you treat others with respect, and demonstrate passion and commitment, others will take your lead. Leadership comes in many shapes and sizes, but ultimately, to ensure the long-term stability and success of any organization, leading with passion and by example will set you up for maximum success.

How do you deal with personal and professional challenges?
Perspective is everything. It's not the challenges you face, as much as how you face them. Personal and professional challenges are tremendously beneficial if tackled with the right attitude and perspective. Remember this, life is full of lemons, and it's too short to not make lemonade! Put everything into perspective and you can overcome any challenge.

What, in your opinion, is the most important quality to have in order to succeed in life and why?
Passion. Everything roots from passion - perspective and frame of reference, appetite for knowledge, determination to win, desire to create value, and focus to achieve an end game. With passion, anything is possible, and the journey is much more enjoyable. It's not just about the destination. it's about the journey.

What's more important: college education or real-world experience?
The answer to this question depends on the professional career path of the person, so there is no rule of thumb. While I believe the combination of college education and real-world experience is the most winning recipe, I suppose I'd pick real-world experience if I had to choose. There is no substitute for hands-on training and experience. The simple reality is that a textbook with case studies in a confined and controlled classroom is limited in its ability to provide practical training and true preparation for the real world. There just isn't any substitute for real-world experience, but if you have a chance to get both, do it.

Have any previous Apprentice winners motivated or inspired you? If so, who and why? If not, what did you think of the winners?
First, allow me to say that all 18 candidates are winners. If you are qualified to be selected among one million applicants for the final round, you're clearly a winner. That said, and knowing there is really only "one" Apprentice, I'd say the chosen one is typically a person who flies below the radar, is generally reserved in mannerisms, is not controversial, is not outspoken, and certainly not adversarial. Most off all, I'd say the past winners have been people who are more solid business people rather than true entrepreneurs.

What have you learned from watching previous seasons of The Apprentice?
I've learned that given the constraints of television production, by all accounts the show on television does a good job of capturing the intensity of the contest. However, "watching" the show doesn't even come close to the reality of "living" through it first hand. For all of you who think, "Oh, I'd have done this..." or "She's crazy. Why didn't she do x, y or z?" trust me, I've been there. You have no clue until you walk the walk yourself my friend. For a business game show, this is as close to reality as reality TV can get.

Would you rather be stranded on a desert island with Donald, George, or Carolyn, and why?
Tough one. I'd probably have to go with Big D because we could build a "6-STARRR FUULLL luxury REZZZ-ORT and an AHHH-MAZING golf course" (out of 5 stars of course).

What is your favorite music?
U2, James Taylor, Maroon 5 and Alicia Keys

What are your favorite books?
Who Made My Lemonade?, Tipping Point, and Blink

What are your favorite TV shows?
Sopranos, 24, Entourage, and Saturday Night Live!

What are your favorite movies?
Godfather, Coming to America, Fletch, Old School

credit: http://www.nbc.com/The_Apprentice_4/...bio_josh.shtml