S02E01 WAS GREAT

y’all need to watch it asap

i knew season 2 would be great after "boom"

Spoiler:  

finish all the ep in 1 day. im dead.

finished the season
    so ****ing good, even better than the first imo

Spoiler:  

Yep, watched it all yesterday and was blown away. There were a few things that I thought could have been executed better (more fleshing out of Max/Billy, the Kali episode feeling more nuanced and substantial, the perpetual Netflix slow start, etc), but on the whole I was mesmerized. The Stranger Things world this time around definitely felt so much bigger in scope and darker in tone, loved it. And there was some really great character development done through pairings this time---loved the Steve/Dustin, Hopper/Eleven, and Will/Mike storylines that we got. And it was great to see Joyce not a crying hysterical mess the whole season

Starting my re-watch now!

Just finished it all in one day and I truly felt it was even better than season 1. It was darker, more spooky, scarier. Episode 7 was so boring, and I didn't care that much for that storyline but Episode 8 was scary AF and I can't at what happened in this episode so saddddd.

I'm really excited to see what will happen in the next season!

I think the shadow monster might try to find a new host probably Billy, he was stung by the same needle they stung Will with so it may infect him in some way.

Spoiler:  

Ugh not reading this thread but it's gonna be killer to wait to have proper time to watch this. I really wanted to marathon the first earlier this month but didn't get around to doing it so now I can't decide if I'll hold out and do that before watching the second or just say f*** it and do the whole thing next weekend. I know it'll kill me if I start it in the middle of the week and can't watch it in one really long sitting.

I am pacing myself in the series. I don't want to finish the entire season in one day

S2 >>>>>>>>>> S1, tbh. The story is kind of predictable, though. But I guess that's just me 'cuz I've been watching HTGAWM a lot and that show puts a lot of other shows to shame when it comes to plot twists.

Sorry for the double post, but wtf is going on? Re: s02e07

El wound up to the hideout of her lost sister and is now trying to finish this side quest before fighting the bigger battle. It's kind of confusing and seems out of place but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by wuchereria_bancrofti View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but wtf is going on? Re: s02e07

El wound up to the hideout of her lost sister and is now trying to finish this side quest before fighting the bigger battle. It's kind of confusing and seems out of place but whatever.
    That episode was so useless, that I couldn't wait to be over.

El had to finish that DLC and gain some EXP before fighting the final boss!^

^
    I loved that episode tbh!

Spoiler:  

also did anyone else realize that Bob has the same name as this sims lmao

Spoiler:  

Omg I just finished. I’m gutted it’s over also Bob . Hands down better then the first, I was engaged the whole time. I got to episode 8 and didn’t even realize I was almost done. I really hope they flesh max out more next season. I really liked her addition to the cast.

Overall stranger things did not disappoint. Did anyone else actually tear up when Dart died?.

Bring on season three.

**GRABS POPCORN AND GETS READY TO SCREAM**

I threw up in my mouth twice!

Quote Originally Posted by RiddleMeThis View Post
    >I really hope they flesh max out more next season. I really liked her addition to the cast.

>Overall stranger things did not disappoint. Did anyone else actually tear up when Dart died?.
    >Me too. I'm hoping she and her brother will be shown more next season. I want them to give us their backstory and explain why Billy didn't want Max to hang out with Lucas. At first I thought their family's behind something bigger, but then since they just seem to have left it in the dust I thought maybe bc Billy was racist. Nonetheless, I think Billy will be shown more next season and that he'll wind up being in a relationship with Mrs. Wheeler.

>I actually got a little emotional when Dustin fed Dart some nougats one last time. I was just so pissed off at Dustin for keeping Dart for so long that Mews had to die bc of it. But I guess it had to happen for the sake of having a good story.

---

Some thoughts about this season:
    >Steve has one of the best redemption arc in tv history.
    >I have to say, that episode with Kali felt so out of place. It wasn't bad, but it was the least good episode. It wasn't just executed well. Them giving us a little backstory of El when she was kidnapped was okay but I feel like it could've been done better.
    >Seeing these prepubescent boys and girls kissing makes me weirdly uncomfortable.
    >There were so many quotable lines this season! My fave are: Steve's, "Hey, dickheads! Why is the only one helping me this random girl?" and "Yeah, it's me. Don't cream yourself."
    >Jonathan seemed useless this season. And his and Nancy's effort in exposing the Hawkins lab all went down the drain. lol
    >They're all great actors!!!
    >Dustin's scenes were 80% him just cussing.

Also, can I just say...

#JusticeForBob

ohh and lol

Spoiler:  

Steve became one of my favorite tbh, he was so funny and I really hope they're gonna keep his friendship with Dustin in season 3, it's honestly the most unexpected friendship ever lol

Also did anyone else smile at the end when Nancy danced with Dustin, especially when you remember how bitchy she was to him in the first episode of season 1?

Spoiler:  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast