Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Junior

I would have preferred a Samantha win but I get why it went to Maya. Zachary was the obvious 4th. I would have liked to see Peytie get a higher spot but it's mainly because of her persona because her collection wasn't the best. Sam's collection was GORGEOUS!

People still aren't ready

Achievements

I really loved all four designers, so it was hard to pick who I wanted to win. I thought all of their collections were so strong too. They all needed some improvement, but that's what made it interesting. I felt from the first episode that Maya and Samantha would be in the finale based off of their edits. Maya's collection was super strong and stunning, but her POV is the most unstable and confusing out of the final four. Samantha really did step up for her collection and props to her for finishing all of those pieces in two days, but like the judges, I wanted to see even more variety from her. Would be amazing to some of these contestants on a regular season of PR one day.

My girl Maya won! She deserved it. Her collection was perfection

Zachary's collection was the worst , sorry , He is great but this collection was very boring, old and looked like he had no direction
    Samantha's collection was cool looking fit not for everyone.

Peytie's collection was soo happy and ornate, her Gold leather work was amazing.
    Mayas collection was very put together, clean and i liked most of her design elements , so glad she won.

The contestants for season 2 are revealed one by one.
    The show starts Dec 22nd

TBD

TBD

TBD

If this PR Jr starts on Dec 22, so PR 15 will end by this week? I want to get over it asap and cannot wait for this.

I'm soooo looking forward to this! The first season was great!

I saw Cartier posting on the PR reddit, I really liked her unconventional material avant garde dress made of National Geographic maps.
    Philipp Plein to the NTMs of 2016:

TBD

TBD

Achievements

Ruby looks like a young Version of the winner of AustraliaNTM

Looking forward for Izzy , Rene , Lucas , Allie based on their aesthetic maybe Cartier as well
    NO SANA NO LIFE

Mannequin 2 : (coming soon)
    GO THE THREAD BISHES There is a MO preview!!!!

Just watched the first episode and I loved it! Again, there are some really promising designers.
    I was feeling sorry for Ruby as to me she seemed to be someone who needs a little time to open up and feel comfortable (which I can relate to very much) and I think that showed also in her design, she was holding back a lot. But then again, I wasn't too fond of her sweet-little-girl-vibe.
    I was confused by the clover on Izzy's head: Is that really a trend in China as she stated? It reminded me more of a teletubbie and honestly, who wants to look like that?!

Chelsea has like the worst time management but her outcome looked really good! I'm not minding the construction issues too much in this stage of the competition as everybody needs to get used to the time frames but from an aesthetic point of view her outfit was one of if not the one that I liked the most. Also the styling was really good.
    Hawwaa: I also loved her dress. And she even made a cute jacket to go along with it. Her own style is crazy but I like it somehow. Eager to see what else she has to show.
    Lucas: Somehow I don't love when a teenage designer shows an elegant but also (relatively) mature evening gown when it comes to giving a first impression. That was also my issue with Zachary in the first season and I couldn't warm up to it, so I'm not expecting the most of Lucas as well.
    Thieler: The look is okay but also a bit boring.
    Izzy: First thing: I don't like her model and after this season of Project Runway I wasn't very happy to see her again at Project Runway Junior. When it comes to her look I think it is overrated. I don't love the cropped razorback top and I don't like the large white spaces in the colour blocking.
    Chris: He said he'd like to shock people and that he uses this "almost ugly" colour in purpose. I would be fine with any of the colours he used if somehow the colours and patterns matched. But to me they didn't. And it was also a bad idea patterning a trouser for the very first time during the competition. I mean, since when did he know he was accepted? If I was him and planned to show also trousers I would have constructed a few before entering the competition. Not to say that it was bad but it was so basic!
    Cartier: The silhouette of the dress is rather simple but I really like the fabric she used for it. Goes well for the New York inspiration theme.
    A'kai: I was surprised not to see him in the bottom tbh. I thought his look was the worst. It would have been elevated if he did add more of the "leaves" as Tim suggested.
    Allie: Not a fan of those romantic prints but here it worked for me. I liked her dress and you can always win me over with those trumpet sleeves. Somehow this is a silhouette I'm really responding to very well.
    Ruby: Too basic and it really should have been shorter.
    Molly: The sleeves made the dress a little heavy but other than that I liked it.
    Rene: This is borderline tacky but I like it!

Achievements

Good first episode. I love A'kais personality, not so much his dress.

Izzy was a clear winner for me. Rene was another interesting designer. Molly and Ruby were not in my bottom 3. A'kai did the worst, but he surprisingly was spared. The elimination was predictable because PR always spared a messed up outfit with at least an idea instead of a boring safe outfit.

Poor Ruby Hers is surely not the worst

Now grow up ,move to Australia and win AUSNTM

A'Kai: Again a lackluster look from him. And he thought he would have even been able to win with it?! On top he really needs to learn how to present himself. His speech about his look was tragic. But then again, he's only 13...
    Allie: For an unconventional material challenge I thought this was rather dull. She didn't really live up to it.
    Cartier: This looks so great! I'm torn if this is my winner or Tieler, but I think I would have gone with Cartier because her look is perfect from every angle. And the thoughts and work she put in it with the ombre effect in every single petal and how it worked out...
    Chelsea: I'm not so sure about her look this time. I like the idea behind it but with the execution it looks a bit like an arts & crafts project. But I still don't dislike it fully and there are others that are far worse.
    Chris: I kind of liked his look from the front though there weren't so many ideas to it. But as soon as his model turned all I could think of was a ladybug raining cape.
    Hawwaa: The jacket was so much cooler than the rest of the look. And it really didn't fit together very well, so I wish she could have embraced the jacket more and went for that style for the whole look.
    Izzy: She wouldn't have needed her immunity to proceed to the next round but still I'm not too fond of this. When she cut the swimming pool noodles to slices I thought she could make something really great out of it but both the skirt and the top failed to impress me.
    Lucas: His problem really seemed to be that he considered this challenge beneath him and couldn't embrace this kind of unconventional material. I'm not sorry to see him go as he was giving me far too much mature vibes in the first challenge.
    Molly: This is really serving some Tina Turner fringe dress vibes. I love what she has created there.
    Rene: Was that supposed to be so uneven? But if so, I would have taken it on a higher level and wouldn't have gone with those slight asymmetries that leaves you asking if it is on purpose or if it's a fault. On top of it, the lining doesn't flatter the model's breast.
    Tieler: Although it's a simple a-line-dress with just the fake plants attached to it it impresses me very much. Also the styling went with it really well. A deserved winner tho it would have been nice seeing more than just fake grass in the back.

Apart from their designs I am so happy that there are so many likeable designers there! Like, it's just the second episode and I'm already fond of Cartier, Chelsea, Izzy, Molly, Rene and Tieler. And it's not that I dislike the others, I just don't think I have seen so much of them so far.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast