Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: D.Versity : The NTM eLouai Game [WEEK 5 : NORWAY]

Still waiting for two judges. So a bit more votes maybe?
    [RnRModel1] 12:24 pm: Well I gotta go! Bye! Remember to wash your banjas in antibacterial soap twice daily!
    [LedZepForever] 10:45 am: IDGAF if you know who walked for Prada, do you want a brownie for it?

Achievements

OMFG I have to say not one person failed to impress!

Acacia,Clelia,Donalda,Gem,Hazel,Kabiite,Miia,Rita, Trady,Zulaikha x2
    AMERICAN HORROR STORY

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

BROADWAY
      Spoiler:  

Cirque du Soleil: Paramour

waiting for two judges. WE KNOW WHO THOSE PEOPLE ARE. a.k.a. not me!

Achievements

Can't wait
    A new era of Elouai is coming.
    VOTE FOR THE ONE YOU LIKE THE MOST
    TEAM MOU vs TEAM VANESSA vs TEAM ZOLA

-V O T I N G I S C L O S E D-
    [RnRModel1] 12:24 pm: Well I gotta go! Bye! Remember to wash your banjas in antibacterial soap twice daily!
    [LedZepForever] 10:45 am: IDGAF if you know who walked for Prada, do you want a brownie for it?

-J U D G I N G-
    P A R T O N E

Mr. Frank : Hello Girls and welcome to your very first judging. I would like to congratulate you all for turning in all of your shots and oh what wonderful shots they are, but unfortunately seeing that this is still a competition, one of you has to leave and we will find it out tonight.

But before we get to our judging let's meet our judges

The woman that has threatened to sue me if I keep on calling her Thais Elise, THAIS HOLDEN!
    Our resident eye candy and super fine male supermodel TYRONE HAWK
    And our very own Michelle Visage with her stunning plunging neckline jumpsuit, Supermodel TAMIRE CRANE!

and Me! MR. FRANK who just noticed that my co-judges names all start with T except for me.

Let's start our judging with

ACACIA

Thais
    It's a pretty shot, but it's not particularly mind blowing. Nor am I really getting the Egyptian feeling out of it at all. It's more like a hipster posing on a field with Native American headdress on. (Editing tip: Make sure your body and face shading match each other, even when here the slight difference may be caused by lighting effects.)
    [7/10]

Tyrone
    I'm quite impressed by this shot. It's easy to show Native Amercian by that headdress with Egyptian by the hieroglyphic pose. The overall photo is so clear in what you want to show us. However I want more from your expression. Since you're not connecting to the camera, I want much more killer face in this photo. All in all, your first impression for me is great. Can't wait for more.
    [8.5/10]

Tamire
    Great shot! Love the profile and the angle of the body really suits it.
    [8.5/10]

Mr. Frank
    What I love about this shot is the radiance you exude in this shot, like a true native basking in the glory of the sun. What kind of bothers me about this shot is that we do see the Native American part of the styling but not really much of the Egyptian which I think you compensated for with the hieroglyphic style of your pose. It is a smart move but a bit in the nose.
    [8/10]

CLELIA

Thais
    Umm, I can't concentrate because you have a monstrous neck, but then your arms are like two little sticks. What kind of a freak show are you woman?! Okay, it's a fabulous shot, but maybe I would wish for something more Irish in it. Now it's the D&G Sicilian thing going on more than anything else. (Editing tip: Pay attention to the crispiness of your doll's face and body in general, right now there is little confusing smudginess in the face despite there is no rotation going on.)
    [9/10]

Tyrone
    Not gonna lie, I'm so worried for you. How you can top up this perfect performance in latter weeks! I really mean it. You started with this flawless photo, and later it would be so easy to notice if you show any weakness or mistake. So... from now you can't hold it back. We keep our eyes on you. I hope to see such a perfection like this every week. (I wanna add more critic on editing too. This shot is a perfect example for 'lighting'. You can see how the editor played with flares on hair and dress. The others could take this to learn more for your improvement if you want.)
    [10/10]

Tamire
    This is absolutely stunning. I love that the shading on your face matches the setting of the sun in the background.
    [10/10]

Mr. Frank
    You started the semis with a bang and now you’re setting the bar for the competition. This shot is pure art. You look regal and proud. What I also love about this shot is the fact that you went for a somewhat unexpected mix of cultures and managed to do it without it being too literal. Good Job!
    [10/10]

DONALDA

Thais
    Yeah, I just don't get it. I don't get what makes this photo so French/Ugandan. Suppose you tried Marie Antoinette thing here, but let's face it... she's an Austrian aristocratic bitch. So this photo really does nothing for me. If I saw it in a magazine I'd just jump right pass it yawning. (Editing tip: Don't use too dark lines to draw the top lid of your eye, use one few shades darker than the darkest shade on the skin.
    [4/10]

Tyrone
    I'm not an expert on ethnic studies so I won't critic on styling you wore. For the pose and overall performance here, it is good but not excited me that much. I see only the grande delicacy of a French tanned girl here but I wanna feel more of the strength, exotic and rawness from Ugandan part. (I also want to add some suggestion on editing. Your skin shading now can be better if you try on 'smudge tool' in Photoshop. Just a light apply over your skin when you finished shading, it would look better.)
    [7/10]

Tamire
    I'm not sure I like the plain face. With the eyes closed I would have preferred some makeup to keep them looking interesting.
    [7.5/10]

Mr. Frank
    A very interesting mix you have chosen but it and I love the complete decadence of this shot but with that said I wish you could’ve pushed the Ugandan part of your mix a little bit more here because you do look like an exotic French elite lounging in the sugar fields. I want to see a bit more risk in your shot for the following weeks
    [6/10]

EMMA

Thais

Love the face, love the looks. BUT WHERE IS THE JAPANESE PART?!!!! I can see you sort of tried it on the dress, but not apparently hard enough. Fire the stylist for this shot, okay? Especially when you're compared against Kyle with the same ethnic description, it's clear who has more visible ethnic background. But your shot though is more memorable than Kyle's so you got that in your favor. (Editing tip: Actually same as for Clelia, pay attention to the crispiness of your doll's outlines and all.)
    [8/10]

Tyrone
    I love to see when you dare to experiment on styling and finish with the interesting look like you did. However when you threw an extreme styling on wardrobe, don't make it too much on your make-up. That red paint on your face is over-the-top for me and it made this shot has too much going on in visual and you lot the focal point. The pose and expression is in tune, I'm happy with that. Anyway it would be a lot better if you can shade your dress too. Others are great, I can see a lot of room in you to improve.
    [7.5/10]

Tamire
    Personally, I love this. The pose and makeup really sell the shot for me.
    [9/10]

Mr. Frank
    I love the almost shamanistic vibe you’re exuding in this shot, there is strength, there is beauty and also mystery, not to mention that very focused and expressive gaze you’re sporting! Styling wise, I love how you went for a more fashionable approach with your Kimono, it looks like a kimono but is not really a kimono. I expect to see more from you in the following weeks!
    [9/10]

FABELLA

Thais
    Once again, it's a pretty shot, but nothing spectacular. I think it needs a little more eye contact or just anything that makes you look like you should be feared in this competition instead of being another hipster on a field like Acacia. Points for editing the African collar yourself entirely though. (Editing tip: Outlines for shoes, sharpening tool for other accessories.)
    [7/10]

Tyrone
    I'm not sure for the others how they thought but for me I love the naiveness you portray in this shot. You can draw me in your character, especially those eyes, not stuck with the colorful styling. So for me, this shot is good one. However on your editing I ask you to be careful of elouai-proportion more next time. The body is too big for elouai imo. Also shading everything in your shot would be great too. See, when your bodysuit was strongly shaded while the headdress is so blurred that doesn't look as good as it should.
    [8/10]

Tamire
    Something about the styling and your hair hiding your shape make you look kind of plus-sized here. Love the face, though.
    [8/10]

Mr. Frank
    Your face here is absolutely gorgeous but I cannot seem to understand your pose here. I am a big fan of pretzel knot poses that make the eyes dance in a fashion shot but seeing it all compact and clumped together like this isn’t really doing anything for me. But styling wise I do adore your African take on your shot but the shading in the blue area looks mildly unflattering on your body. It’s a great shot but a bit of finessing is needed here.
    [6/10]

GEM

Thais

Thais: If this was America's next whatever, someone in this judging panel would be screaming BOOTY TOOOOOOOOOCH. Apparently now that someone is me. You'd also be praised for five finger forehead, but I'm not doing that. Instead I'm going to tell you, you look bald as heck. Maybe we'll get rid of your hair entirely for makeovers. (Editing tip: I know it's your style to have edit the heads like this, but you do notice that right now this looks like she has got a bulls eye right in the middle of her head? So maybe use little less shading out there so it'll be less visible.)
    [8/10]

Tyrone
    Your body is smoking hot and I LOVE IT. I have no issue with your pose but then your face can be a lot better. Now it looks quite bland in this shot. The overall photo is still nice though. I love your clean editing style but if you see what Clelia did, you can step up your performance. How? Do the same like what you usually do. Then when you finish, give a little more time to play with Burn or Dodge tool to create shadow and highlight for the lighting that supposed to be in your shot. Your photo will have more realistic elements.
    [9/10]

Tamire
    Loving the pose, although it's a little slutty looking. The face is to die for, and the styling looks good.
    [9/10]

Mr. Frank
    Legs, legs, legs for days! I can already tell that you are going to be the pose girl of this season. I love how tall you look in this shot and how you utilized your prop in a fashion sort of way. One things I have to point though is that your shot while good lacks a bit of magic that the other shots have, a bit of photoshop magic in your background would work wonders here and add that little oomph in your shot.
    [8/10]

HAZEL

Thais
    I got one important question. WHAT THE **** IS THAT THING ON YOUR HEAD. It serves no purpose, especially because you look like Pocahontas in African dress. You really should have left it at that. Less is more they say. And that's a fact in your case now too. Overdoing it in accessories should be considered a crime.
    [9.5/10]

Tyrone
    This is a great photograph and you look beautiful. But to be honest, I don't think the decision to do a stepping/walking movement is fitting this kind of theme. I prefer to see you settle and strong and confident to create an iconic photo. If you want some movement, play with your dress would be a better idea. However this is just my personal expectation, I totally understand if you don't agree with that. Your editing is good but if you pay a little more attention on detailing and also adding shadow and highlight your your final work it could be perfect. See Gem about editing shadow and highlight if you're interested.
    [6.5/10]

Tamire
    This shot is really attractive, but something about your expression looks a little...bored?
    [9/10]

Mr. Frank

THAT FACE! You are this sexy smoldering hot woman in this shot and I love it! But with that said, this shot is a bit blah because a spark is a bit lacking in your eyes and the pose is a bit meh. Your styling is on point and I love that headgear but styling and a great face does not a good fashion picture make. Your efforts however in making this shot is not to be ignored.
    [7/10]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Frank : And that ends the first half of Judging please stay tuned for the second part

Rubi: No se porque pero estoy algo nerviosa :/

Achievements

Today was such a ****-day for me, but thank you judges to have made me feel a little better. I am greatfull!
    A new era of Elouai is coming.
    VOTE FOR THE ONE YOU LIKE THE MOST
    TEAM MOU vs TEAM VANESSA vs TEAM ZOLA

Zulaikha: OMG i'm so nervous when my turn is coming..i tried my best at the set but tbh it didn't feel good,
    lots of mosquitos in the field and the sugar canes feel so rough against my skin

ooc:
    amazing judging
    not just harsh critics but also advices
    can't wait for the next part

-J U D G I N G-
    P A R T T W O

Mr. Frank : Let's resume our judging with

KABIITE

Thais

Thais: I adore the look on your face and the angle. This you showing off against everyone else in this competition, and that's a good thing. (Editing tip: Crispiness in clothing, use the sharpening tool a bit if you don't draw yourself.)
    [9.5/10]

Tyrone
    You delivered such a flawless facial expression and face angle in this shot. Brilliant for that. However, since the dress and styling covered most parts of yourself and it's even not a full-body shot, I expected you to do more of posing than this to create much interesting photo because now all I can see is your face and that flowing things. On editing part, I know you can push it more so I'm right here waiting for your best. [7/10]

Tamire
    Stunning. I wish I could see more of your body, but your face more than makes up for it.
    [9.5/10]

Mr. Frank
    Like Emma’s shot I love this magical shamanistic vibe that I’m getting in your shot. You look like a hapa gypsy in the middle of an important ritual. This shot is magical and artistic not to mention one of the strongest this week. Keep up the great work!
    [9/10]

KYLE

Thais
    Ay caramba. Fire that lighting technician asap. Your makeup artist. Holy mother you are a pale ass bitch here, Kyle. It's not a good look. It's creepy as heck in fact. It makes you look like you rose up from the dead, which sure as hell doesn't match the photo shoot instructions at all. As I mentioned earlier, you can be easily compared against Emma on this shot with same ethnicities and you sure win with looking like one, but not so much on having a good photo.
    [5/10]

Tyrone
    I hae some issues with this shot. First, you're wearing that too much make-up, I cannot see your expression at all. I understand you wanted to go outside the box and tried on an extreme take with the Geisha style. But it's not paid off to me, sorry. You can do only that brows, red lips, and pale face. The vibrant colorful paint is unnecessary and so distracting in my opinion. Since you're having a trouble on showing expression, here it comes to the second issue, your pose. When you cannot show emotion, body language can help but it's too little here in your photo. That's why for me the overall is quite bland. (Sorry. I tried to be the most sincere I can for your improvement.)
    [5.5/10]

Tamire
    The makeup's a little strong, but the overall effect is pretty good.
    [8/10]

Mr. Frank
    I have absolutely adored you in DNTM3 because of your quirky looks but this shot does not do you any justice, your make up has eaten your whole face and just looks a bit jarring with the delicateness of your kimono. Should you survive this week I hope to see the calibre of work you have presented before because it pains me to see such potential go to waste.
    [5/10]

MIIA

Thais
    Nice tan. I got one note, your tribal is more concentrated on accessories and clothing, when tribal should also show up in some face painting. Which is why this photo looks more like a hunting flapper who put up some weird head jewelry.(Editing tip: Arms, man, even when the one in the back should look smaller, it doesn't mean half of the size of the other arm.)
    [8/10]

Tyrone
    LOVE YOUR CONFIDENCE HERE SO MUCH. I couldn't ask for more on your expression and the body language supports a character you portrayed so well. Great job. I'm amazed. Like some one I mentioned before, your editing can be improved. See Gem and you will find what I mean.
    [9/10]

Tamire

This seems a little off, body-wise, but it's a decent shot.
    [7.5/10]

Mr. Frank
    My lovely Finnish Lindsey Wixson guppy baby. I love this shot! You look long and lean and commanding here! The way you’re holding the bow though is a bit ehh and kind of takes away from the magic of this shot. Have I told you how amazing you look as a tanned woman with black hair? If only skin recoloring was a suitable makeover I might as well have requested you to sport this look for the remainder of the competition. Good Job!
    [8/10]

RITA

Thais
    Where does your Indian show up? In skin color and hair? Even though this is a nice contrast between clothing and skin color, I'd have still wished for something more. Because you could now easily just be a darker skinned Russian in general and nothing else. I though absolutely love your face and how haunting it is in this photo and how well it works with its surroundings.
    [9/10]

Tyrone
    This is flawless. Oh gosh I love it so much. Ethereal. Mysterious. Hypnotic. Like you're a holy spirit in that place. I'm so blown away. Ugh I just love.
    [9.5/10]

Tamire
    I love the story this shot tells, it's kind of beautiful.
    [8.5/10]

Mr. Frank
    Absolutely love the combination of your ethnicities in your shot here as well as that air of delicate mystery you’re exuding. The colors matches your skin beautifully and the Russian styling accents are gorgeous. You have an eye for creating wonderful imagery and I hope to see more of that in the following weeks as well!
    [9/10]

RUBI

Thais
    I think I just yawned. You got the nice posh and reserved Japanese posing going on here, which fits the theme. But it does not make a memorable photo. And unfortunately your hair looks like a burned potato helmet.
    [5/10]

Tyrone
    You obviously played too safe in this photoshoot and that's all I can say. I love the idea of overall styling but since you didn't take more risk on your pose or expression, it couldn't be shining as it should. On editing, the way you did the shadow directly on to a background photo like that make this shot unrealistic like you're posing infornt of a wallpaper. You should pay attention more on the realistic direction of shadow if you want to include in your shot.
    [5/10]

Tamire

I wish the posing showed off more of the kimono, but it's okay overall.
    [7.5/10]

Mr. Frank
    I love how you went for a regal and elegant feel in your shot with your posture and styling but gurl, your makeup is too drag queeny to me and it kind of detracts from the shot. Styling wise, it’s a bit too obvious for me and almost looks like a weird Halloween costume combo. You’re a beautiful girl Rubi and I hope you think a bit more out of the box for your next shoot!
    [7/10]

TRADY

Thais
    Are you even real? That angle is magnificent and even though I'd wish for bit more Russian to this, it's still absolutely flawless and you may as well be the queen.
    [9.5/10]

Tyrone
    I like how you went for that pose and expression, like you're looking upward to the sky, thinking of a better day in life and that's great to me. However I have issues on editing. First of all, a profile angle is very risky and I suggest you don't do it again if you're not sure about it. Then there're a lot of misproportion here. Especially the wrist and the neck. They look too straight like a log. You can improve if you try harder to define the little details. But it's all up to you.
    [6/10]

Tamire
    You know what, I didn't think I liked this, but on a second glance it's pretty great.
    [8.5/10]

Mr. Frank
    I love your worker taking a breather approach in your shot. Filipino and Russian sounds like an odd combination but here it works. Good Job! One thing I would like to note though is that you do have a tendency to have a bit of spaghetti arms (same with your semi’s shot), Remember that your arms also have joints but other than that. This shot is the bomb!
    [8/10]

ZULAIKHA

Thais
    I'm just a little confused of where does the Korean and Ethiopian set in here? I may be uncultured swine for saying such, but I'm missing the deal. Besides that, the photo is amazing. You look like a goddess that flows on the yellow fields.
    [9/10]

Tyrone
    Stunning. In term of modeling, this is another perfection I saw this week. That face s million dollar. I also love your taste of styling. Nothing much but it portrayed Korean and Egyptian so well with no distracting at all. On editing, you may add something to step up to other level. See what I said about shadow and higlight in Gem's and you'll see what I mean.
    [9.5/10]

Tamire

Great angle, lovely pose.
    [9/10]

Mr. Frank
    You are regal, you are commanding and elegant in this shot and I’m very speechless. Your face is on point as well as your styling. I love your approach on the Hanbok and the combination of the Ethiopian elements, very tastefully done! You along with Clelia have set the bar for the competition and I do hope that it still goes up for the following weeks as well!
    [10/10]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Frank
    : I would now like to request the girls to leave the panel and when I call you back I will announce the winner of this round as well as our first eliminee for the season.

thank you for the critics judges
    it's gonna be sad to see anyone goes home

​Rubi:

snatching the fan favourite title.

Achievements

I really like this judging panel. Very fair and also very helpful. I'm kind of shocked that my shot was praised so much, but I'm very thankful for it. Also very honored to be referenced as a good example is a few critiques
    http://americasnexttopwaffle.tumblr.com/
      Spoiler:  

HEY CAROLINA

LET *LEFT* ME *RIGHT* FEEL *LEFT* THAT *RIGHT* LOVE COME OVER ME *SHIMMIES DOWN*

I'm really hoping we'll get the elimination/next assignment today, this is going slower than I thought, I'm getting nervous for school

Thanks for the critiques and the tips, I'm gonna use them for my next shoot if I get to participate in it!

People still aren't ready

-E L I M I N A T I O N-

Mr Frank:

Welcome back ladies, The first shoot for this game has been a wonderful success some have shone while others were overwhelmed. I have added the scores from your first challenge, to your first shoot and your first judging and these are the results.

I have 13 photos in my hands that represent those who will advance to the first round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first name that I am going to call will have the power to choose the next country whose shoot we are going to replicate for the next round.

Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  

CLELIA
    41 + 41 + 39 + 15 (FOR SUBBING) = 136 points
    Your enthusiasm and beauty has proven to your greatest weapon in this competition. Keep on Keeping on soul sister!

Congratulations! Please refer to the country list on the D.Versity thread and Private Message me your next country of choice.

Next name that I'm going to call is

Spoiler:  
    ZULAIKHA
    31 + 41 + 37.5 = 109.5 points
    Don't let the gap between you and Clelia's score dampen your flame. Push harder and who knows what you might accomplish!

Spoiler:  
    KABIITE
    34 + 40 + 35 = 109 points
    You're a gorgeous girl. I can't wait to see more of you!

Spoiler:  
    RITA
    32 + 38 + 36 = 106 points
    Your aesthetics will take you far in this competition

Spoiler:  
    HAZEL
    25 + 37 + 32 = 94 points
    You're a gorgeous girl. But gorgeousness only is not the key to winning here.

Spoiler:  
    GEM
    24 + 29+ 34 = 87 points
    Remember, a little oomph oomph goes a long way

Spoiler:  
    EMMA
    23 + 30 + 33.5 = 86.5 points
    You may need to convince the judges a bit more but I believe in your spark

We're at our half way mark, 6 photos remain

Spoiler:  
    ACACIA
    14 + 35 + 32= 81 points

Spoiler:  
    MIIA
    15 + 31+ 32.5 = 78.5 points

Spoiler:  
    TRADY
    7 + 30 + 32 = 69 points

Spoiler:  
    FABELLA
    17 + 20 + 29 = 66 points

Spoiler:  
    KYLE
    29 + 11 + 23.5 = 63.5 points
    This might be an off week for you. I'm hoping to see you spring back to life next week. Congratulations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Donalda and Rubi please step forward?

Donalda You're a very beautiful girl but it seems that you're having a hard time convincing both the public and the judges. Will you be able to redeem yourself next week or is the end of your journey?

Rubi Your photo is not that bad but neither is it safe nor good. And with the slow revival of the doll era will you be able to keep up?

So who will it be?

Spoiler:  
    DONALDA and RUBI
    4 + 18 + 24.5 = 46.5 points
    8 + 9 + 24.5 = 41.5 points

An off week for both of you maybe? You'll have a lot to prove because everyone is bringing in their A Game.

Mr. Frank:
    Congratulations on surviving your first week girls! Your mail will be delivered as soon as the next country is chosen!

Thanks I promise I'll step my pu$$y up next time

People still aren't ready

Mr. Frank : I don't like seeing kittens being stepped on

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast