Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariah Watchman

I am definitely SHOCKED at her elim!

She was so beautiful, especially after her makeover.. But I'm happy that she left cause she was boring.
    CATHERINE
    SOPHIE
    ASHLEY

Survivor: Alicia, Kat, Kim
    The Apprentice: Aubrey, Lisa, Teresa, Clay

ANTM ALL TIME: Dominique Reighard, Alexandria Everett, Brittany Brower, Brooke Miller, Kimberly Leemans, Molly O'Connell, Allison Kuehn, Fatima, Jayla, Erin, Samantha Potter, Chantal, Jade, Kahlen, Ann Markley, Whitney Thompson, Norelle, Yaya, Amanda Babin, Amanda Swafford, Lauren Brie, Clark, Rebecca Epley, Dalya
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by MckeyMouse View Post
    i really dont understand HOW gorgeous girls like mariah don't get far on antm i think thats the problem in which antm has yet to find a top model. look at amanda and montana, both are beautiful blank canvas. sometimes, beautiful girls are the ones that make it in the industry, not the edgy stand out jokes like ann -__-
    See, from my perspective, Amanda and Wyoming were interchangable. You had the same bland girl win twice in a row as far as I'm concerned. They're working, yeah, and it's because they're bland, but having bland as my payoff as a viewer is not really that exciting. I get that people want ANTM to be more fashion credible but at least in my opinion, it's not a worthwhile trade off.

That being said, I don't get why Mariah was sent home (though I'm glad Slaymone stayed to bring the drama) and I'm disappointed that ANTM's first Native contestant had her journey cut short.

I like her during the preview but as soon as i watched the episodes, she is just a pretty girl But she seems a kind heart & lovely person though.

I would be upset, but honestly...In the premiere when Tyra announced the grand prizes, there wasn't any mention of a contract with a modeling agency. I can't really care about who is the best model anymore, not for a competition that's basically all about recording a single and being a correspondent on Extra. The Vogue prize is still nice but without an agency, what's the point?

Being eliminated this early is probably the best thing that could happen to her since she does have modeling potential. She established a certain fan base and she'll probably be able to avoid being linked to ANTM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpadeX View Post
    I would be upset, but honestly...In the premiere when Tyra announced the grand prizes, there wasn't any mention of a contract with a modeling agency. I can't really care about who is the best model anymore, not for a competition that's basically all about recording a single and being a correspondent on Extra. The Vogue prize is still nice but without an agency, what's the point?

Being eliminated this early is probably the best thing that could happen to her since she does have modeling potential. She established a certain fan base and she'll probably be able to avoid being linked to ANTM.
    Ehm yeah she did. She said the agencies are NY Models and LA Models. Didn't you pay attention at all?

Her elimination didnt surprised me because after Rhianna's & Nicole's lucas elimination im expecting in the first episodes an unfair elimination by Tyra.
    Im too tough now

pop Antm Queen

Quote Originally Posted by BnlxTop View Post
    Ehm yeah she did. She said the agencies are NY Models and LA Models. Didn't you pay attention at all?
    So is this your new thing? It's not cute, you should go back to being nice.

Mariah is so pretty and sweet, I'm sad to see her go. She was my favorite when I first saw the pictures for this cycle, but I guess it's pretty predictable based an ANTM criteria that drama-bringer Seymone would stay over Mariah. Hopefully she'll be one of those early elims that has more success than the people who go farther on the show.

when she got eliminated all i could think of was wow this girl has an amazing body! sad to see her go but then again i didnt really mind since theres girls in the competition who are much better than she is good luck to her being the first "native american supermodel" lol

BGC11- Teresa Jazmone Tiana
    Ausntm8- Melissa Brooke Shannon
    Antm20- Chris H Marvin Jourdan Kanani

ROBBED.
    Just saying.

^Yeah, that. But just like H2T, I was kind of expecting an unfair elimination because last week the elimination was so deserved and fair. It sucks but for some reason they tend to eliminate wrong girls first, and not only in ANTM, in all other NTM's too.

I think Mariah will be successful commercial model like Jessica Serfati. It will demand a lot of work from her though, but she has what it takes.
    FINTM C 4
    Anna-Sofia is AMAZING!

I kind of was expecting her to get Nicole Lucas-ed/Samantha Francis-ed. (A girl with lots of potential but then goes home early)

Her elimination reminds me of Samantha Francis's Elimination!
    STUNNING QUEEN ALWAYS STUNNING!!!! AUTUMN STARTS ROCKING HF NOW!!

Her elimination is ridiculous. It's not that her photo was great, or the best of the week, but the criticism it got was just... What ? Where did they see the "sexuality" ? I wouldn't mind her being eliminated if it weren't for those absurd accusations.

Oh, and the lack of personality... Whatever. We've heard that excuse over and over again . It's actually quite funny when Nigel complained about it during judging, while 2 minutes earlier when they were reviewing the photos, Kris praised her for having a lot of energy on set.

Do you like it saltayyy? JaneFan101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGEN View Post
    Her elimination is ridiculous. It's not that her photo was great, or the best of the week, but the criticism it got was just... What ? Where did they see the "sexuality" ? I wouldn't mind her being eliminated if it weren't for those absurd accusations.

Oh, and the lack of personality... Whatever. We've heard that excuse over and over again . It's actually quite funny when Nigel complained about it during judging, while 2 minutes earlier when they were reviewing the photos, Kris praised her for having a lot of energy on set.
    Tyra is just intimidated because Mariah over shadows her when she's on her pedestal at judging. She doesn't want to admit that she's jealous and threatened by her new look that would bring so much to the modeling world that it would most likely knock her out of the spotlight as a has-been. She needs to either stop or admit it and not make excuses like "You have no personality" or " You're too sexy" or " You've been in the bottom two almost every week"

Three answers to that. 1. What if Mariah where just LISTENING to what the judges had to say? No?? 2. Oh okay because being snot-ugly is the new "in" thing for the modeling industry, yes Tyra you know everything. 3. Who chooses the photos? Exactly how do we know you're not delebreatly picking crap ones just to "prove" they're bad?

Mariah was awesome Tyra and you know it. She was in the middle last week against a girl in the bottom two. She never complained about her makeover, she never caused fights and she did the best she could like the elimination was just SO random. Seriously. Just admit it TyTy.

^

I love everything about your post, JaneFan. I completely agree, and I think that applies to a lot of girls that are eliminated for BS reasons... the first one who comes to mind is Katarzyna. But anyway, Mariah had a ton of potential and her elimination was ridiculous.

Spoiler:  

The more and more I kept staring at her profile, the less of a model she looked to me. Idk. I'm sad she went, but I think there is still a lot of potential in the US girls.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast