Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doll Yard Sale

I feel like the purpose of this thread is being abused.

I would love to give you Ai, Wakunai! I've always wanted to use her, but I doubt it'll come up. The fact you love her so much really makes me smile. I'll sent you her stuff later.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by valentino View Post
    ...This thread is not looking well. It's becoming "Who I want to steal from people" more than anything, taking the initiative to work hard on original dolls. Sorry, just wanted to say...
    I take it as a compliment...

We are pretty much saying that we love the doll so much that we would love to have it for ourselves...

We aren't saying "Give me this doll or else"... If a doll is posted that someone loves, they will take it.
    http://americasnexttopwaffle.tumblr.com/
      Spoiler:  

HEY CAROLINA

LET *LEFT* ME *RIGHT* FEEL *LEFT* THAT *RIGHT* LOVE COME OVER ME *SHIMMIES DOWN*

Achievements

I get what everyone's saying, because at the end of the day the most fulfilling pictures you edit are of dolls you've made. I still like the idea of this thread, though.

...This thread is not looking well. It's becoming "Who I want to steal from people" more than anything, taking the initiative to work hard on original dolls. Sorry, just wanted to say...
    I don't feel like that at all, I see this as a way of appreciating people's work. If they didn't like what they've done, that's fine, but why never use it if someone can be happy with it?

Achievements

Since it is getting so much attention, my "list" was more of a joke than anything. Yes, if the dolls were up for grabs I would take them, but I doubt they ever will be.
      Spoiler:  

HEY CAROLINA

LET *LEFT* ME *RIGHT* FEEL *LEFT* THAT *RIGHT* LOVE COME OVER ME *SHIMMIES DOWN*

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Wakuani View Post
    I don't feel like that at all, I see this as a way of appreciating people's work. If they didn't like what they've done, that's fine, but why never use it if someone can be happy with it?
    exactly my thinking...
      Spoiler:  

HEY CAROLINA

No, that's not what I mean.

From my perspective, this thread is for dolls that users don't want to use and you should take that as it is. Not a place to try and hint other users to be nice and donate some just for you.

Like "OMG, I would LOVE to have ________. If you take ________, I'll be pissed! " sounds as though you're hinting to some people that they somehow owe it to you for the sake of being nice and fulfilling your desires.

Of course people should not see this as a way of not making any dolls at all, but if someone's doll can be modified and have a "career", that's for the best I think.

Achievements

Yeah, that's why I don't take dolls I don't plan on editing with, and that aren't relatively unknown, or for the sake of owning "a schalein doll", y'know?

Achievements

From my perspective, this thread is for dolls that users don't want to use and you should take that as it is. Not a place to try and hint other users to be nice and donate some just for you.

Like "OMG, I would LOVE to have ________. If you take ________, I'll be pissed! " sounds as though you're hinting to some people that they somehow owe it to you for the sake of being nice and fulfilling your desires.
    We aren't "hinting" anything. We are appreciating others work. We don't think that people "owe" us anything. They work just as hard as anyone else. Do you see anyone saying "Give me ________ because I deserve it"
      Spoiler:  

HEY CAROLINA

Nobody said they would be pissed if someone isn't ready to give one of his dolls. I doubt any of us are that immature. And saying that you would love someone to give your doll is a compliment to me. It means that this particular doll is beautiful and if she ever was given, the person would be glad to have her.

Achievements

I think we should edit a post to have a list of adoptable dolls and a list of ones that were taken, and by whom.

Achievements

Of course people should not see this as a way of not making any dolls at all, but if someone's doll can be modified and have a "career", that's for the best I think.
    i am liking you more and more.
      Spoiler:  

HEY CAROLINA

I think the idea if like a yard sale. Who faster will get it. So we shouldn't reserve to get some doll :D

I agree with Valentino to an extent, definitely. I think it's a lovely idea for a thread. Genuinely! Adopting dolls that aren't going to be used is a great concept. The only issue is that, because it's new, people are getting waaaaaay too excited and grabbing as many dolls as they can. Once this topic and the people involved settle down I think it'll be a lot more worthwhile. And I think asking for dolls that are currently in use is, like Valentino said, kind of silly.

I don't mind being asked for Ai, of course, 'cause I made her a few months ago and haven't used her since. Makes sense!

Achievements

Nobody said they would be pissed if someone isn't ready to give one of his dolls. I doubt any of us are that immature. And saying that you would love someone to give your doll is a compliment to me. It means that this particular doll is beautiful and if she ever was given, the person would be glad to have her.
    So true. I felt amazing when antm101 said he wanted Imogen! I'm going to keep her for now, but I was actually thinking earlier today about what a flop she is and it really made me want to continue her career!

Achievements

Seriously... are you like... my brain?!?! Everything you say is exactly what I am thinking.
      Spoiler:  

HEY CAROLINA

Quote Originally Posted by Schalein View Post
    I don't mind being asked for Ai, of course, 'cause I made her a few months ago and haven't used her since. Makes sense!
    That's exactly what I thought too! I would have never asked for like Afua or Tara or Helga, I asked for Ai because I always thought she was beautiful and I know you're not currently using her, but it's not like I would cry if you refuse to give her to me, I understand that you can still love a doll even though you're not using her.

Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast