Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Voice (Premieres Tonight!)

The Winner Of Endurance 1 spoler345's Avatar

Achievements

Blog Entries
    i guest say this show remind idol but in **** good way love it

This show surprised me, in a good way. I'm a fan.

Side note, I am gonna marry Adam Levine.

Loved it! I'm so glad that they didn't show us a bunch of terrible reject contestants like Idol always does. I really like Javier, Elenowen, and Tje! The girl who sang "Come As You Are" could also surprise us later in the competition. I wish it came on two nights a week, though.

I tend to not like it when the audition rounds are so flashy in terms of the set up (like so many shows are doing right now). I like it when they start out simple. But that's my only real criticsm.

Also, they only get to pick 8 each and that's it? I wish they got a bigger group, and narrowed it down from there. I like that

Quote Originally Posted by kebin65 View Post
    I tend to not like it when the audition rounds are so flashy in terms of the set up (like so many shows are doing right now). I like it when they start out simple. But that's my only real criticsm.

Also, they only get to pick 8 each and that's it? I wish they got a bigger group, and narrowed it down from there. I like that
    I agree with that. American Idol will always have my favorite audition set-up. The thing I like the most about this show is that it feels genuine. They're not pimping out contestants and throwing them in our faces (Scotty.) I think Idol has the better singers, but this show seems more honest to me.

I did find it weird that they didn't even introduce Carson Daly as the host. Did he even say, "I'm your host, Carson Daly?" Eh, I guess no one cares anyway.

A term of endearment nopersonality's Avatar
    The only thing I didn't like was Carson. He bugs

Adam has the best team so far, based on their 3 contestants each... he wins.

Yeah, Carson definitely just sorta...blended in, lol.

I also like how much more selective they are (or at least seem to be). Like they were throwing out people who would've made Idol. Maybe it's cause they only have 8 spots each, but yeah, I like that.

I know this isn't about looks, but Kelsey is beyond gorgeous. Wow....reminded me of when I first saw Megan. She seems to be very talented too!

Achievements

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much amata54 for the links!
    I hope you continue updating each week!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbochikens View Post
    Wait so this is basically how it goes right?

Each judge gets a group of 8 contestants and trains/mentors them.
    Then the 8 (from the same mentor) go against each other until 4 are left with each mentor (the mentor decided who to keep)
    And once there are 4 in each group they compete a la Idol with the public voting?
    Rickey.org went to the press conference and asked the publicity manager about the voting system.

Apparently...

For the first two weeks, the nation will vote, and the person with the highest number of votes in each judge's team will be "safe", and then the coach of the team will have to select one person to be eliminated.

After the first two rounds, apparently, it's all about the public vote. IDK if all 8 will compete together like on Idol, or they'll go 8-4-winner.

The former seems more likely because otherwise, the show would probably be over quickly, no?

IDOL XIII: MAJESTY . JENA . SAM . KRISTEN . MK . CALEB . MALAYA .
    ANTM21: SHEI . WILL . CHANTELLE . MATTHEW . KEITH .
    RPDR 6: GIA . ADORE . BIANCA
    . MILK . VIVACIOUS.

I just watched all the auditions...

and everybody was near amazing. This definitely caught my attention, and I actually love the push the button concept.

I LOVE THIS SHOW

The singing was good (a few great ones... no one that MINDBLOWING... yet), but what I loved most were the COACHES! ALL FOUR of them are amazing on camera: funny, charismatic, thoughtful, candid... etc. etc. etc. Essentially, everything Idol tries to be but is kind of FAILING at.

I've been waiting for this!! The Voice of Holland was soo freaking good and ten million times better than any other show! I can't wait to watch the American version!

Oh and in the Netherlands, every coach got around 12 contestants in their groups. Then there was the battle where the contestants had to duel one of their own team, narrowing it down to six contestants for each coach. Then the liveshows began and two out of six got saved by the public vote, two got saved by the judges and the other two had to go into a sing off, then the coach would decide who to keep. So basically four people got cut every week, one on each team. Then in the end, there was one contestant on each team left and in the finale one person won! BEN SAUNDERS!!!

It sucks that only eight people will continue from this round in every team... The battles should be epic tbh!

It was ok. Wish there was more good looking contestants.

Achievements

Blog Entries
    ^ Isn't the whole point of the show to exhibit the voice and not distract from it though?

IDOL XIII: MAJESTY . JENA . SAM . KRISTEN . MK . CALEB . MALAYA .
    ANTM21: SHEI . WILL . CHANTELLE . MATTHEW . KEITH .
    RPDR 6: GIA . ADORE . BIANCA
    . MILK . VIVACIOUS.

OMG This Show is Amazing i like blake's team and christina's team so far but
    i'm also like javier & kelsey

Can't wait till we get some Dia Frampton up in here
    ANTM19
    Brittany Kristen LauraLeila Victoria

BNTM8
    Anita Emma Letitia Lisa Kellie Tasmin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast