Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Famous Photographers - Ansel Adams

E L I M I N A T I O N

Welcome to first elimination ceremony. This cycle we will be doing judging differently. You will see comments with the your call out order.
    Without Further ado let's start with the best girl; Combining photoshoot score, judges' average and the roleplaying Bonus
    The deserving First call out of the competition goes to

Spoiler:  

1 - 8 - 1

Greg: Absolutely stunning! This photo looks so real and authentic I almost can't believe it.

Kristian: Deer in the headlights. Not feeling her face at all.

Steven:
    Dorothea has mostly portraits in her portfolio and your picture fits it very well. Your picture could pass as the "Migrant Mother". I can see depression in your eyes, the expression is believable, emotion is raw. This is just a perfect start. I appreciate the effort and the thought you put into this.

The second name I am going to call is...

Spoiler:  

8 - 2 - 2

Greg:
    It's a little bit too posed but I like the idea of a german housewife collecting wood during war.

Kristian:
    I like how there's a story. She looks like a housewife on her way home, thinking about the bright lights in the city.

Steven:
    Looks very caught in the moment, Dorothea was all about catching casual moments of a working class women and men and you succeeded in depicting that.

Spoiler:  

5 - 1 - 8

Greg: To think that such a gorgeous woman has to live in a shabby cabin like that makes me sad. So job well done.

Kristian:
    She portrays the theme perfectly and still looks like a model.

Spoiler:  

2 - 5 - 4

Greg: I really love this picture. Great job!

Kristian:
    She looks like a worker who just ran away from a factory.

Steven:
    I am also fan of your work this week.

Spoiler:  

3 - 7- 6

Greg: Work. It. Girl. I'm really impressed and can't wait to see your next photo.

Kristian:
    This looks more like a horror movie poster for me.

Steven:
    Face and emotion is everything!

Next two safe models are

Spoiler:  

7 - 3 - 5

Greg: This is a very solid picture of you and I love this ragged coat but I'm not too fond of the location.

Kristian:
    The emotion in her face is believable. It looks like she’s freezing or worrying about her family.

6 - 4 - 9

Greg: You look like a little girl that has to work her ass off in order to support her family. I like it.

Kristian:
    I don’t like how scary her face looks, is it photoshopped? Other than that, she looks like a cute girl from a poor family.

Next safe girls are

Spoiler:  

10 - 9 - 7

Greg: The picture ticks all the boxes but it doesn't touch me unfortunately.

Kristian:
    Her facial expression looks forced, and I don’t know what she’s doing with her hands.

Steven:
    You and Kendall are the models I would never cast in Be Next but here you are. I am looking forward to seeing how you can evolve in this game. This week you really did good.

4 - 6 - 10

11 - 13 - 3

Greg: I don't like the studio background but you wearing a super large coat because you can't afford one your size it a neat idea.

Kristian:
    It looks like her head is cut off or something.

Steven:
    I might be in minority and I would never expect to see you in Be Next yet to rank you so high but I like this image mostly because of the styling and your hand positioning as if you are asking for help. Unfortunately there is zero emotion in your eyes and they are just blank if you had played a character more I would rank you even higher.

12 - 11 - 12

Greg: Your styling and make up is too edgy and futuristic for this particular task. You have to pay more attention to the brief next week.

Kristian:
    Her face looks horrible. The pose is pretty awkward as well.

Steven:
    Queen I. I love the industrial setting but the eye shadow is a big no-no. You have to feel the photographer and get in the mood. It was all about rawness and natural stuff, yet you send heavy make-up and modern styling picture. Put more thought into next shoot.

And the last name before the bottom 2 is

Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  

9 - 10 - 14

Greg: Your photo is alright I guess but I feel rather indifferent about it.

Kristian:
    There is something wrong with everything.

Steven:
    t breaks my heart to rank you last but this image just gives me nothing. It is very random. I don't think you googled Dorothea at all or read my description. It is posey, unnatural, no emotion, styling is wrong, huge rock behind you is wrong choice..

Which leaves the bottom 2 models

Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  

14 - 11 - 12

Greg: I don't get your submission and find it rather inappropriate for this task.

Kristian:
    Is she so poor that she can’t even afford some clothes?

Steven:
    I think you only followed the "natural" element of the brief. Again you have to feel the photographer and get into mood this is not only about sending pretty picture. You look very pretty I must admit.

13 - 14 - 13

Greg: You have to be Waldo because I struggled to spot you in this picture. I love the setting but you have to stand out more.

Kristian:
    I’m sorry but I don’t know how to judge this picture because I can’t even see her.

Steven:
    There is just setting, there is no you, you are blending in the background and it is not because of me turning picture into bw, original had the same problem. This photographer didn't concentrate about surrounding, she focused on the subject in particulad surrounding and your picture is focused more on environment rather than a subject.

The model continuing the game is

Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  

Congratulations!

I am sorry but Dioni this means you are out Cute, I was really excited to see you play my game but this cycle is really specific and difficult so sadly you are leaving us tonight.
    Good luck and hope to see you in future cycles.

Cara: Last week I didn't get Kristian's critique about my hands. You can only do so much while holding a lamb

ANTM 23: India | Coryanne | Justine

btw all pictures will be turned into b&w again, keeping the photographer's style

Quote Originally Posted by rehthea View Post
    Cara: Last week I didn't get Kristian's critique about my hands. You can only do so much while holding a lamb
    Kristian: Sorry! I didn't see the lamb because it blends in with the sweater so well.

Quote Originally Posted by rehthea View Post
    Irina | If it's any consolation, the Queen I thought you did very well, and that's all that really matters at the end of the day!

Candice x Rosie

Karo: first week in b2 yes!

Spoiler:  

Julia: I'm a little worried that I got called housewife in two of the judges' comments.. I'm not thaaaat old

Quote Originally Posted by Inter View Post
    Julia: I'm a little worried that I got called housewife in two of the judges' comments.. I'm not thaaaat old

Irina | Aren't you like 49, Ms. Roberts?

Candice x Rosie

Achievements

Good luck guys. Honored for the first cut.

@ Kristian not liking Marie's shot.

我們都有類似的青春,卻有不一樣的人生

有些事現在不做,一輩子都不會做了

Quote Originally Posted by StefanSalvatore View Post
    @ Kristian not liking Marie's shot.
    Kristian: Expect unpopular opinions from me. She still got best photo though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyan View Post
    Irina | If it's any consolation, the Queen I thought you did very well, and that's all that really matters at the end of the day!
    Cara: Awww thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyan View Post
    Irina | Aren't you like 49, Ms. Roberts?
    Julia:

Quote Originally Posted by Inter View Post
    Julia:
    Irina | You said it, I didn't. :]

Candice x Rosie

Achievements

Nightmare continue after I didn't play this season :/

HOT AS FVVVVVVCK!
    antm; JUSTINE MARISSA GIAH CHERISH PAIGE
    projectrunwayjunior; TIELER, RENE
    bntm; JENNIFER, ALANNAH, CHLOE

Iselin: Well that attempt flopped. Hopefully I would be able to redeem myself after.

Butler x Eidem x Kafka x Pozzi

eat. sleep. rave. repeat.

east-of-eidem.tumblr.com
    totalmenswear.com

Cara: ​I found this round much harder than the last one to be honest.

Irina | OMG that shoot was HARD. Even harder than my husband when I'm in lingerie!

Candice x Rosie

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast