Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Phase I

Lluvy: Welcome to the Marketplace! Now that you are free from your Ponds, you are no longer restricted in terms of the players you may transfer items to. The Marketplace is your last opportunity to accumulate wealth before Downsizing occurs. In Phase I, the three players with the lowest cumulative wealth will be eliminated. Since there are no past Phases to carry over wealth from, the current standing in terms of Copper Scales is the exact standing:

Bon Qui Qui 37
    Hurley 35
    Margaery 30
    Odafin 30
    Lana 29
    Alex 28
    Jack 23
    Jungmoon 23
    Lacie 22
    Ghostface 22
    Tink 22
    Barbara 19
    O-Ren 18
    Steve 17
    Niska 16
    Aldous 15
    Elle 15
    Michaela 14
    Jackie-O 10
    Do-Sik 9
    Clark 9
    Jodi 8
    Plavalaguna 6
    Rebecca 5

Currently, Jodi, Plavalaguna, and Rebecca are in the elimination slots, although that could change over the next 24 hours.

In order to tempt you, there are three types of item you can bid scales on. Here they are:

Item 1: Poison Pill

• Play on a fish during Days 1-5.
    • Expiration Date: Never
    • Any fish who eats a fish with a Poison Pill will become the new holder of the Poison Pill.
    • Once all valid moves have taken place, any fish holding a Poison Pill will die before it can be scored.
    • Among identically sized fish of the same color, a fish with a Poison Pill moves last.
    • If a fish can choose between multiple same-sized options, but one of the possible targets has a Poison Pill, the fish will avoid eating the poisoned fish for as long as possible.

Item 2: Antidote

• Play on Days 1-5.
    • Expiration Date: Never
    • Usage will be announced publicly for the results of the Day, however I will not specify which player used it.
    • All Poison Pills played on your selected day will be voided at the start of the day. In other words, all fish in that pond will be immediately cured of poisoning, making it impossible for any fish to die in that manner on that day.

Item 3: Tax Evasion

• Must be played on Day 5; can only be played if your Pond is under a subsidy or taxation. Therefore it expires once the game is down to only one Pond.
    • Usage will be revealed publicly at the Taxation stage of the Phase. The prize user will not be publicly revealed, although the players affected will be publicly announced.
    • If under Taxation: specify a player in your Pond to avoid taxation [you may select yourself]. Select a different player in your Pond to pay the tax instead. This means that you've effectively forced someone else to pay your taxes for you. In the event that the player runs out of scales of the current type with which to fulfill your evaded tax obligation, they will pay out taxes from the previous scale types. A player cannot go into debt, so if your tax somehow exceeds their total wealth, they will end up with no remaining money.
    • This prize may have a stacking or canceling effect if multiple Tax Evasions are used on the same Pond with different combinations of players involved. Please contact me if you have any specific scenarios you want me to explain for you.
    • If under Subsidy: specify a player in your Pond to have their subsidy stolen. Specify a different player in the Pond to receive that Subsidy instead. This is pretty straightforward, you're just stealing someone else's free scales.
    • In the event that multiple people try to steal the same subsidy, it will be divided as evenly as possible, with the remainder going to Lluvy instead. Once again, please contact me if you have any specific scenarios you want me to explain for you.

Here's a reminder of how bidding works:

The Prizes available for purchase do not have a set price; in fact, the demand from the players will set the price. During the 24 hours of the Marketplace, you may submit any number of bids on available items. Note that the value of all bids you place may not exceed your total net worth; furthermore, your bids must be a specific combination of scale colors that you own (i.e., if you have only Silver Scales, with a market value of two Copper Scales each, you could not place a bid of 3 Copper Scales, even though the total value of 3 Copper Scales is lower than the value of 2 Silver Scales).

The Prizes will be distributed as follows: for every bid that is equal to or higher than the average bid for that item, that player will receive that item and lose all the scales bid. If your bid is lower than the average bid, your scales will be returned to you and you will not earn a prize. Lluvy will earn money from any bid that is higher than average; she will receive all the inefficiently spent scales that are in excess of average, assuming the scales are divisible. So if the average bid had a value of 15 Copper Scales, and a player bid 20 Copper Scales, Lluvy would earn 5 Copper Scales from that inefficient bid.

The average bid for each item will be revealed at the end of the Marketplace round, but I will not reveal publicly who bought which items. Note that you may place multiple bids on the same item if you wish to acquire multiple copies.

So, to summarize:

Required Actions

You have no required actions at this time. However, if you are in danger of elimination, you should definitely campaign to avoid that fate.

Optional Actions

• At the current time, you may transfer items to any player still in the game or to Lluvy.
    • At the current time, if you have scales, you may transfer scales to any player still in the game or to Lluvy.
    • If you have scales, you may exchange them at the Bank for scales of a different type.
    • You may place private bids on items for sale by contacting me via PM.
    • You may always query the current contents of your Inventory.

You have 24 hours. Good luck!
    Last edited by Estquer; 01-03-2017 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BottleItUp View Post
    I'm dead @ me flopping all round only to randomly get a size 73 fish? All part of my master plan.
    IKR same, I somehow went from having no scales to having the most scales in my Pond in two days. Definitely planned.

Lana:

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

I'm hollering @ "Redacted"

Achievements

If anyone has the courtesy to give me at least some of their scales.

Spoiler:  

Yeah, Jodi would be grateful for any scales you'd give to her in this time of grave need.

Achievements

PSA: I placed a bid on each prize worth 2 Copper Scales.
    Then, I split all the rest of my money in bids of 1 Copper Scale, which I will get back, since the 2-Copper Scale bids guarantee that the average money spent is above 1.

So here is a fair warning: if you spend too much money to get the average back up and guarantee that only *you* get a prize, you will end up giving Copper Scales to Lluvy, which would be detrimental to your long-term strategy

Achievements

Clark: I do not like where I am placed in this list, so I've reached out to several of you to make a deal... but only one person was kind enough to donate a couple of scales. So... I'll make a better deal. I currently still have my poison pill, and I am willing to trade it for some scales so that I don't find myself the one leaving the game this week. PM me if you're willing to buy a poison pill from me in exchange for some scales. Best deal gets the pill.

I was gonna say PM me if you wanna give me some of those scales, bc rn, I'm pretty much being hung out to dry, but ty to the one person who gave me one scale! Congrats to you for being so selfless. Anyways, my PM box is ALWAYS open.

Achievements

REMINDER:

• At any point while they are still in the game, players may freely transfer scales to Lluvy.

The eliminated player(s) will become shareholders, and their scales and
    Prizes will be transferred to the surviving player(s) with the lowest cumulative wealth.

This has an interesting consequence; if you're currently 24th, you can negotiate with the person in 22nd place to give you enough scales to make you 23nd instead so that they'll inherit the inventory of the person in 23rd—and you can threaten to give your scales to Lluvy if they refuse.
    Last edited by VanityEgo; 01-04-2017 at 01:28 AM.

^ ... whut?
    #BuyE•MO•TIONoniTunes

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Lluvy: The Marketplace is now closed! First, I will reveal the average bids per prize.

Item 1: Poison Pill

Spoiler:  
    1.375 Scales

Bids of 2 or higher were successful.

Item 2: Antidote

Spoiler:  
    1.467 Scales

Bids of 2 or higher were successful.

Item 3: Tax Evasion

Spoiler:  
    2.667 Scales

Bids of 3 or higher were successful.

The winners will be notified of their prizes shortly. Up next, however, is a triple elimination. I hope you are all prepared because Downsizing is a real bitch.

Lluvy: Well, everyone, here we are. It's now the final stage of Phase I. At this time, you will be judged based on your cumulative wealth. That includes scales of all varieties recognized as legal tender — no Sapphire Scales, please — but does not include your items.

As you can probably tell from the desperate pleas for welfare in the thread, there were a number of transfers that took place during this period. So where did the eliminations ultimately fall? Let's take a look.

Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  

Plavalaguna, worth only 8 Scales, is eliminated in 24th place.

OOC: I'm really sorry to see you go, Ho. You had one of my favorite character choices! It seemed like you were put in a bad position early by landing in the worst Pond, and started campaigning for welfare a bit too late when people were getting jaded on government handouts. I hope you did enjoy your stay while you were here, even though the rules were confusing Good luck with your other/future endeavors!

Spoiler:  

Do-Sik, worth only 10 Scales, is eliminated in 23rd place.

OOC: Sorry to see you go as well, Naz. I was hoping you'd be able to navigate the game more and cause some fun chaos, but unfortunately you didn't get much of a chance to. I hope you enjoyed the game while you were here! Thanks so much for applying and playing, and good luck in your other games!

Spoiler:  

Clark, worth only 11 Scales, is eliminated in 22nd place.

OOC: Nathaniel . I was excited to have you in one of my games for the first time! You had the right idea in terms of campaigning to get more scales from other players, but unfortunately you didn't quite get enough to remain in the game. It was very close, as you'll see. Still, I hope you enjoyed playing. Good luck in your other games, and I hope to continue to see you around!

So which player(s) have inherited the meager wealth of Plavalaguna, Do-Sik, and Clark?

Spoiler:  

Congratulations, Elle! With 13 Scales, you were dangerously close to elimination. However, this risky position has paid off for you, as you are the sole beneficiary of the three eliminees. I will send you a private message detailing the new contents of your inventory resulting from your inheritance.

Margaery 30
    Hurley 29
    Lana 29
    Odafin 27
    Alex 24
    Bon Qui Qui 22
    Ghostface 22
    Jungmoon 20
    Lacie 20
    Barbara 19
    Jack 18
    Steve 17
    Niska 16
    Tink 16
    Aldous 15
    Jackie-O 15
    O-Ren 15
    Rebecca 15
    Jodi 14
    Michaela 14
    Elle 13
    Clark 11
    Do-Sik 10
    Plavalaguna 8

This concludes Phase I. It was a brutal tutorial of this game, taking out just under a third of the cast. Now that the game has been set, you should probably expect the scheming to intensify as players navigate the game with this applied knowledge. I will see you again soon for Phase II!
    Last edited by Estquer; 01-04-2017 at 05:19 AM.

Achievements

Thanks for the game Est, I was really excited for this.
    I know this was going to happen. I just wish people would help me passed this round, but I realised that while campaigning that everyone is only looking for their best interest. I would've give some of my scale to people that I have relationships with if they were in my position but I guess it is what it is.
    Goodluck and have fun!

Spoiler:  

Achievements

@ this game

BB: OTT • Whitney • Morgan • Shelby
    ANTM 23 • Kyle • Tash • Cody • Courtney • Paige

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Vashhee View Post

@ this game

LOL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234