Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ellen DeGeneres to Join Idol

Quote Originally Posted by youllseemeontv View Post
    Okay, at first I was like "I love Ellen, but wtf..?"

Until I thought...wait, what did Paula offer? Nothing. And she couldn't sing either.
    So it's really not a big deal.
    That was pretty much my exact thought, but I don't love Ellen (I used to, but she's done some stupid things that made me hate her). I did think she was hilarious on SYTYCD so I'm not too mad she'll be on Idol. I think we need some comic relief on these shows sometimes.

Did you guys hear she's getting sued for copyright infringement of over 1000 songs that she's played at the beginning of her show when she dances around?

Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    That was pretty much my exact thought, but I don't love Ellen (I used to, but she's done some stupid things that made me hate her). I did think she was hilarious on SYTYCD so I'm not too mad she'll be on Idol. I think we need some comic relief on these shows sometimes.

Did you guys hear she's getting sued for copyright infringement of over 1000 songs that she's played at the beginning of her show when she dances around?
    I bet she'll think twice before dancing around with the audience from now on!

I don't really know what to think, but I'm willing to start watching Idol again to see how she does. (Stopped watching after season 6 cause I just got kinda sick of it).

My roomie and I will be picking up Idol again just for Ellen.

I think its actually a good idea to introduce a judge that isn't necessarily in the business of music. She represents all of us, the audience, who don't always know/care if their pitch was a little off at times.
    I can blink.

I'm not bothered by the fact that she doesn't have much music knowledge, but I just hope she isn't overly nice and can give an actual critique.

Her guest judging on SYTYCD was horrible. She was "blown away" and "didn't know what to say but 'wow'" each performance. She could really be a good judge and help the contestants out with stage presence.

YAAAS GAGA. SLAY MAMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey-Vibe View Post
    I'm not bothered by the fact that she doesn't have much music knowledge, but I just hope she isn't overly nice and can give an actual critique.

Her guest judging on SYTYCD was horrible. She was "blown away" and "didn't know what to say but 'wow'" each performance. She could really be a good judge and help the contestants out with stage presence.
    Ugh IKR?! She was just awful on SYTYCD and I really can't imagine her being much better on Idol. I hope she proves me wrong...I doubt she will!

I doubt she'll do too great of a job, but it's not like she can be much worse than Paula Abdul, who critiqued a performance that hadn't even happened yet. None of the judges except Simon really ever have anything interesting to say anyway. Randy says "Yo dawg, that was pitchy.", Kara babbles on about artistry for 20 minutes, so Ellen can't be much worse.

Off topic, but I heard that they don't even start filming Hollywood Week until January 9th, and the show premieres on the 12th, so how are they going to do that exactly? A lot of the top 24(it has been officially confirmed that the old format is back) won't even be shown because they won't know who they are yet. And don't they usually wait a while before bringing the top 50 back to select the top 24? I'm all confused.

Achievements

Blog Entries
    Ellen brings a twang to the show

IDOL XIII: MAJESTY . JENA . SAM . KRISTEN . MK . CALEB . MALAYA .
    ANTM21: SHEI . WILL . CHANTELLE . MATTHEW . KEITH .
    RPDR 6: GIA . ADORE . BIANCA
    . MILK . VIVACIOUS.

her and simon are the only ones i can stand.

i literally mute the TV when Kara comes on.
    and Randy just is annoying "yo dawg, like, daaaaawg, that was hot! YOUR HOT DAWG, daaawg"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12